NewsFix
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Praise, condemn, ignore... Who cares?

+3
Maddog
Ben Reilly
Syl
7 posters

Go down

Praise, condemn, ignore... Who cares? Empty Praise, condemn, ignore... Who cares?

Post by Syl Sun Jan 10, 2021 1:12 pm

Is anyone affected one way or the other?

"Cadbury’s new Creme Egg advert featuring a real-life gay couple has been revealed, with social media users praising the campaign’s inclusivity. The new campaign looks back at ‘five delicious decades’ of the Creme Egg, and all the different ways fans choose to eat it.
It shows real-life couple Callum Sterling and Dale K Moran dancing on a rooftop with Dale holding a Creme Egg in his mouth. The new advert then shows the pair sharing a kiss, with Callum biting into the egg, breaking it in half. A voiceover says: ‘Sharers? Yeah, we are down with that.’
People on social media have been quick to praise the new clip online, celebrating the advert for featuring a same-sex couple."

Read more: https://metro.co.uk/2021/01/10/cadburys-new-creme-egg-advert-featuring-gay-couple-praised-online-13878625/?ico=related-posts?ito=cbshare

Twitter: https://twitter.com/MetroUK | Facebook: https://www.facebook.com/MetroUK/

https://metro.co.uk/2021/01/10/cadburys-new-creme-egg-advert-featuring-gay-couple-praised-online-13878625/?ico=related-posts
Syl
Syl
Forum Detective ????‍♀️

Back to top Go down

Praise, condemn, ignore... Who cares? Empty Re: Praise, condemn, ignore... Who cares?

Post by Syl Sun Jan 10, 2021 1:19 pm

Surely it's old hat by now to see gay couples just leading normal lives (and that would include sharing chocolate) on TV.
If you don't think so just tune into Coronation street one night. It seems the only snogging that ever happens on that street is between gay men or women, the poor heterosexuals never seem to get any. Razz
Syl
Syl
Forum Detective ????‍♀️

Back to top Go down

Praise, condemn, ignore... Who cares? Empty Re: Praise, condemn, ignore... Who cares?

Post by Ben Reilly Sun Jan 10, 2021 2:30 pm

I'd want to know what kind of praise they're getting. I would say, though, that they probably anticipated a backlash from homophobes, so I guess they were at least brave enough to go ahead with the campaign anyway.
Ben Reilly
Ben Reilly
King of Texas. Gigantic Killer Robot. Robin Hood of Epping Forest. Fifty Shades of Cray.

http://www.newsfixboard.com

Back to top Go down

Post by Syl Sun Jan 10, 2021 3:25 pm

Ben Reilly wrote:I'd want to know what kind of praise they're getting. I would say, though, that they probably anticipated a backlash from homophobes, so I guess they were at least brave enough to go ahead with the campaign anyway.

I'm not on social media, presumably that's where all the comments are.
Unless of course Cadbury's themselves are generating the 'praise' to boost their own advertising campaign. Laughing

Surely seeing two gay men sharing chocolate is as unremarkable as seeing two women, or a man and a woman, this is 2021.
Syl
Syl
Forum Detective ????‍♀️

Back to top Go down

Post by Maddog Sun Jan 10, 2021 4:37 pm

It'd be cooler with two chick's.

Just sayin...... Cool
Maddog
Maddog
The newsfix Queen

Back to top Go down

Post by Syl Sun Jan 10, 2021 7:25 pm

I don't think the idea of using same sex couples in the ad is meant to titillate.....be it 2 men or 2 women. Rolling Eyes

Syl
Syl
Forum Detective ????‍♀️

Back to top Go down

Post by Maddog Sun Jan 10, 2021 7:31 pm

Syl wrote:I don't think the idea of using same sex couples in the ad is meant to titillate.....be it 2 men or 2 women. Rolling Eyes

Well, then make sure it's too fat chick's and it won't. Cool
Maddog
Maddog
The newsfix Queen

Back to top Go down

Post by Syl Sun Jan 10, 2021 7:44 pm

Maddog wrote:
Syl wrote:I don't think the idea of using same sex couples in the ad is meant to titillate.....be it 2 men or 2 women. Rolling Eyes

Well, then make sure it's too fat chick's and it won't.  Cool

Sexist AND fattist. Evil or Very Mad
Syl
Syl
Forum Detective ????‍♀️

Back to top Go down

Post by Syl Sun Jan 10, 2021 7:44 pm

Maddog wrote:

Syl
Syl
Forum Detective ????‍♀️

Back to top Go down

Post by Maddog Sun Jan 10, 2021 10:16 pm

Syl wrote:
Maddog wrote:

And a poor speller of the word "two"!!
Maddog
Maddog
The newsfix Queen

Back to top Go down

Post by Syl Sun Jan 10, 2021 11:14 pm

Maddog wrote:
Syl wrote:

lol!
I did notice.
Syl
Syl
Forum Detective ????‍♀️

Back to top Go down

Post by Maddog Mon Jan 11, 2021 12:30 am

Syl wrote:
Maddog wrote:

lol!
I did notice.

My phone will always spell the words correctly. It won't always choose the correct word.
Maddog
Maddog
The newsfix Queen

Back to top Go down

Post by Eilzel Mon Jan 11, 2021 12:37 am

I think most people won’t mind/care.

A few enthusiasts among gay people and vocal LGBT allies will praise it to the moon.

And a vocal minority will whine about it, and those get it the attention the creators obviously want with the ad Laughing
Eilzel
Eilzel
Speaker of the House

Syl and Maddog like this post

Back to top Go down

Post by Syl Mon Jan 11, 2021 12:51 pm

Eilzel wrote:I think most people won’t mind/care.

A few enthusiasts among gay people and vocal LGBT allies will praise it to the moon.

And a vocal minority will whine about it, and those get it the attention the creators obviously want with the ad  Laughing

I agree Eilzel, most people wont give it a second thought.
It has to be good for business though, I bet Cadburies are rubbing their hands with glee. Laughing
Syl
Syl
Forum Detective ????‍♀️

Eilzel likes this post

Back to top Go down

Post by Syl Mon Jan 11, 2021 12:54 pm

Maddog wrote:
Syl wrote:
lol!
I did notice.

My phone will always spell the words correctly.  It won't always choose the correct word.  

Predictive text errors?
I have seen some right whopppers online, there was a thread about them once....very funny. Laughing
Syl
Syl
Forum Detective ????‍♀️

Back to top Go down

Post by Original Quill Mon Jan 11, 2021 4:04 pm

Eilzel wrote:I think most people won’t mind/care.

And a vocal minority will whine about it, and those get it the attention the creators obviously want with the ad  Laughing

I agree with this. I'm amazed at how the RW got down with it, after such a fuss over gay marriage. I think the logic of the situation was simply too plain: wtf business is it or yours?!

Original Quill
Forum Detective ????‍♀️

Back to top Go down

Post by Maddog Mon Jan 11, 2021 4:29 pm

Syl wrote:
Maddog wrote:

My phone will always spell the words correctly.  It won't always choose the correct word.  

Predictive text errors?
I have seen some right whopppers online, there was a thread about them once....very funny. Laughing

It's even worse when I use it for my truck voice commands. It would make a hilarious video of me calling the female voice in my truck a dumb ass bitch because she can't understand "call the office" or navigate to the post office in Meridian, Texas.

I don't think she understand redneck.
Maddog
Maddog
The newsfix Queen

Back to top Go down

Post by Syl Mon Jan 11, 2021 6:01 pm

Maddog wrote:
Syl wrote:

Predictive text errors?

It's even worse when I use it for my truck voice commands.  It would make a hilarious video of me calling the female voice in my truck a dumb ass bitch because she can't understand "call the office" or navigate to the post office in Meridian, Texas.  

Maybe she is English? Wink
Syl
Syl
Forum Detective ????‍♀️

Back to top Go down

Post by Maddog Mon Jan 11, 2021 6:49 pm

Syl wrote:
Maddog wrote:

It's even worse when I use it for my truck voice commands.  It would make a hilarious video of me calling the female voice in my truck a dumb ass bitch because she can't understand "call the office" or navigate to the post office in Meridian, Texas.  

Probably from Canada.

They talk funny there too.
Maddog
Maddog
The newsfix Queen

Back to top Go down

Post by Syl Mon Jan 11, 2021 7:15 pm

Maddog wrote:
Syl wrote:

Probably from Canada.

Do they have bad teeth too? albino
Syl
Syl
Forum Detective ????‍♀️

Back to top Go down

Post by Maddog Mon Jan 11, 2021 7:54 pm

Syl wrote:
Maddog wrote:

Probably from Canada.

Do they have bad teeth too? albino

No, they just live in igloos. Cool
Maddog
Maddog
The newsfix Queen

Back to top Go down

Post by Tommy Monk Tue Jan 12, 2021 2:06 pm

Pro poof propaganda.

Tommy Monk
Tommy Monk
Forum Detective ????‍♀️

Back to top Go down

Post by Eilzel Wed Jan 13, 2021 1:55 am

Tommy Monk wrote:

Pro poof propaganda.

Homophobic idiot.

Normally I overlook it since you drop it in as part of your usual rants but as you have only jumped in here to throw in a homophobic comment, I’m giving you a warning. Do it again, you’re in the basement.
Eilzel
Eilzel
Speaker of the House

Back to top Go down

Post by Syl Wed Jan 13, 2021 12:27 pm

Tommy Monk wrote:

Pro poof propaganda.

Alf Garnett strikes again. Rolling Eyes

If you want to dissect the ad instead of just seeing a variety of people eating the product, it does actually show people over the years enjoying the cream egg. Obviously back in the 50's an ad couldn't be made showing gay people sharing the egg. Times, thank God have changed, and people who were once not included in mainstream society, now are.

Incidentally, two of the most popular shows on TV are now inclusive of all. Two men partnered each other on 'Dancing on ice', two women on 'Strictly come dancing'.
Syl
Syl
Forum Detective ????‍♀️

Back to top Go down

Post by Maddog Wed Jan 13, 2021 2:55 pm

Eilzel wrote:
Tommy Monk wrote:

Pro poof propaganda.

Homophobic idiot.

Normally I overlook it since you drop it in as part of your usual rants but as you have only jumped in here to throw in a homophobic comment, I’m giving you a warning. Do it again, you’re in the basement.

Is this Eilzel or Jack Dorsey?

Sorry, couldn't help it in light of the current events. Cool
Maddog
Maddog
The newsfix Queen

Back to top Go down

Post by Syl Wed Jan 13, 2021 3:21 pm

I honestly thought this thread wouldn't get a response. I am even surprised anyone talked about it on social media, to praise it or otherwise.

I am still convinced Cadburies have brought this up themselves to bring attention to their product. Razz

Thinking about it, in these days of Netflix, Amazon P rime, SkyPlus etc, where everyone pre records and zooms through the ads to get to the actual programme, I suppose after paying fortunes to show their products on TV, companies need all the publicity they can get.
Syl
Syl
Forum Detective ????‍♀️

Back to top Go down

Post by Maddog Wed Jan 13, 2021 3:29 pm

Syl wrote:I honestly thought this thread wouldn't get a response. I am even surprised anyone talked about it on social media, to praise it or otherwise.

I am still convinced Cadburies have brought this up themselves to bring attention to their product. Razz

Thinking about it, in these days of Netflix, Amazon P rime, SkyPlus etc, where everyone pre records and zooms through the ads to get to the actual programme, I suppose after paying fortunes to show their products on TV, companies need all the publicity they can get.

Cultural issues always get talked about on social media.

Advertising is about manipulating folks and people know it and will resent it. Some people think using pretty women to sell products is sexist and demeaning.

It seems about every week someone is offended by an advertisement and people will argue about it on line.
Maddog
Maddog
The newsfix Queen

Syl likes this post

Back to top Go down

Post by Syl Wed Jan 13, 2021 3:55 pm

Maddog wrote:
Syl wrote:I honestly thought this thread wouldn't get a response. I am even surprised anyone talked about it on social media, to praise it or otherwise.

Advertising is about manipulating folks and people know it and will resent it.  Some people think using pretty women to sell products is sexist and demeaning.  

It seems about every week someone is offended by an advertisement and people will argue about it on line.  

I only see what Twitter folk talk about if it comes up in my news links when I log on in the morning.
Seems nowadays everyone is offended by something.

God knows how they would react if they aired some of the ads that were popular years ago, pre pc culture.

This is one of the tamer ones.

Syl
Syl
Forum Detective ????‍♀️

Back to top Go down

Post by Maddog Wed Jan 13, 2021 3:59 pm

Syl wrote:
Maddog wrote:

Advertising is about manipulating folks and people know it and will resent it.  Some people think using pretty women to sell products is sexist and demeaning.  

I only see what Twitter folk talk about if it comes up in my news links when I log on in the morning.
Seems nowadays everyone is offended by something.

God knows how they would react if they aired some of the ads that were popular years ago, pre pc culture.

This is one of the tamer ones.

Now you can't even advertise on TV for cigars even if it's two gay dudes smoking one.

I always thought Bill and Monica should do a cigar commercial.
Maddog
Maddog
The newsfix Queen

Back to top Go down

Post by Syl Wed Jan 13, 2021 4:01 pm

Just found this hilarious one, he looks like a cross between Norman Wisdom and Jim Carey. Razz
Cadbury's again, this one was banned in the UK for some reason.

Syl
Syl
Forum Detective ????‍♀️

Back to top Go down

Post by Syl Wed Jan 13, 2021 4:05 pm

This is the cigar one I was looking for. Cool

Syl
Syl
Forum Detective ????‍♀️

Back to top Go down

Post by Vintage Wed Jan 13, 2021 9:48 pm

Syl wrote:Just found this hilarious one, . Razz

Because its bonkers?
he looks like a cross between Norman Wisdom and Jim Carey you are so right.

Vintage
Forum Detective ????‍♀️

Syl likes this post

Back to top Go down

Post by Maddog Wed Jan 13, 2021 11:06 pm

Syl wrote:Just found this hilarious one, he looks like a cross between Norman Wisdom and Jim Carey. Razz

That's the dude that crashed the party at the Capitol last Wednesday. Cool
Maddog
Maddog
The newsfix Queen

Syl likes this post

Back to top Go down

Post by Syl Wed Jan 13, 2021 11:34 pm

You mean the one with the nice teeth wearing the viking horns? Laughing
Syl
Syl
Forum Detective ????‍♀️

Back to top Go down

Post by Maddog Wed Jan 13, 2021 11:48 pm

Syl wrote:You mean the one with the nice teeth wearing the viking horns? Laughing

Yes, the non British water buffalo fella.
Maddog
Maddog
The newsfix Queen

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down