NewsFix
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

You have gifts!

4 posters

Go down

You have gifts! Empty You have gifts!

Post by eddie Sun Dec 20, 2020 12:45 am

Go check them out and start spending your money on me and others!

https://newsfix.niceboard.com/t29413-lets-buy-each-other-a-gift-for-christmas

Tight bastards. Rolling Eyes
eddie
eddie
King of Beards. Keeper of the Whip. Top Chef. BEES!!!!!! Mushroom muncher. Spider aficionado!

Back to top Go down

You have gifts! Empty Re: You have gifts!

Post by Syl Sun Dec 20, 2020 12:47 am

eddieDo wrote:Go check them out and start spending your money on me and others!

Do you mind.....I have just spent a fortune on those keys. snobby
Syl
Syl
Forum Detective ????‍♀️

Back to top Go down

Post by eddie Sun Dec 20, 2020 1:36 am

Syl wrote:
eddieDo wrote:Go check them out and start spending your money on me and others!

Do you mind.....I have just spent a fortune on those keys. snobby

Okay. They were a great idea. I’ll give you that. Razz
eddie
eddie
King of Beards. Keeper of the Whip. Top Chef. BEES!!!!!! Mushroom muncher. Spider aficionado!

Syl likes this post

Back to top Go down

Post by Syl Sat Dec 26, 2020 12:34 pm

Well it's all over bar the cleaning up. cheers

Sincerely hope everyone had the kind of Christmas they could enjoy, albeit a very limited one for most of us. x
Syl
Syl
Forum Detective ????‍♀️

eddie likes this post

Back to top Go down

Post by Maddog Sat Dec 26, 2020 1:35 pm

Syl wrote:Well it's all over bar the cleaning up. cheers

Sincerely hope everyone had the kind of Christmas they could enjoy, albeit a very limited one for most of us. x

I sat around in my underwear until about 5. I may make that a new Christmas tradition. Razz
Maddog
Maddog
The newsfix Queen

Back to top Go down

Post by Syl Sat Dec 26, 2020 1:52 pm

Maddog wrote:
Syl wrote:Well it's all over bar the cleaning up. cheers

I sat around in my underwear until about 5.  I may make that a new Christmas tradition.  Razz

Relaxing is good. Laughing

Do you feel better now?
Syl
Syl
Forum Detective ????‍♀️

Back to top Go down

Post by Maddog Sat Dec 26, 2020 2:10 pm

Syl wrote:
Maddog wrote:

I sat around in my underwear until about 5.  I may make that a new Christmas tradition.  Razz

Do you feel better now?

I'm not good at laying around the house. I did get out and ride with friends last night. Leading a ride out in the country this morning.
Maddog
Maddog
The newsfix Queen

Back to top Go down

Post by Syl Sat Dec 26, 2020 6:39 pm

Maddog wrote:
Syl wrote:

Do you feel better now?

I'm not good at laying around the house. I did get out and ride with friends last night.  Leading a ride out in the country this morning.  

Good for you, I'm happy you managed to not feel too bad with the virus, or at least shake it off before too long.

Speaking of health...remember when we were talking about blood pressure btw? I have got mine down now to lower than 120 over 80....I think buying a home kit and eating pistachio nuts have done the trick.
Syl
Syl
Forum Detective ????‍♀️

Back to top Go down

Post by Maddog Sun Dec 27, 2020 3:39 am

Syl wrote:
Maddog wrote:

I'm not good at laying around the house. I did get out and ride with friends last night.  Leading a ride out in the country this morning.  

Good for you, I'm happy you managed to not feel too bad with the virus, or at least shake it off before too long.

Speaking of health...remember when we were talking about blood pressure btw? I have got mine down now to lower than 120 over 80....I think buying a home kit and eating pistachio nuts have done the trick.

I felt like shit with the virus. Its was an ass kicking, but its over now.

A lot of people have white coat syndrome which jacks their numbers up. That happens to me at the dentist because I can't stand the dentist. I mean I like the guy, but everything that happens there sucks.
Maddog
Maddog
The newsfix Queen

Back to top Go down

Post by Syl Sun Dec 27, 2020 12:23 pm

Does anyone enjoy going to the dentist though?
I get butterflies when I know all I need is a check up.

Mind you, I feel the same way about the hairdressers...hate going there too, and they don't even wear white coats.
Syl
Syl
Forum Detective ????‍♀️

Back to top Go down

Post by nicko Sun Dec 27, 2020 7:28 pm

I ended up at Hospital on Boxing Day, for some reason the Morphine did not work, bloody agony came out to the Ambulance and gave me Morphine by injection straight into the Vein He said he couldn't admit me because of the danger of Corvid, he wrote a prescription for a half-dozen items . Son went to Chemist this morning and was told they could not get any of these drugs till Wednesday !
nicko
nicko
Forum Detective ????‍♀️

Back to top Go down

Post by Maddog Sun Dec 27, 2020 11:20 pm

nicko wrote:I ended up at Hospital on Boxing Day, for some reason the Morphine did not work, bloody agony came out to the Ambulance and gave me Morphine by injection straight into the Vein He said he couldn't admit me because of the danger of Corvid, he wrote a prescription for a half-dozen items . Son went to Chemist this morning and was told they could not get any of these drugs till Wednesday !

That's fucking ridiculous. I could get a dog morphine faster than that.

I feel for you and am biting my tongue on the level of care you're getting when you really need it.
Maddog
Maddog
The newsfix Queen

Back to top Go down

Post by Syl Mon Dec 28, 2020 12:00 am

nicko wrote:I ended up at Hospital on Boxing Day, for some reason the Morphine did not work, bloody agony came out to the Ambulance and gave me Morphine by injection straight into the Vein He said he couldn't admit me because of the danger of Corvid, he wrote a prescription for a half-dozen items . Son went to Chemist this morning and was told they could not get any of these drugs till Wednesday !
Nicko,  you can take a prescription to any chemist, it might be worth your son driving round to different ones  to find one that may have  the items in stock, maybe he would have better luck with the pharmacy that serves the hospital.
Syl
Syl
Forum Detective ????‍♀️

Maddog likes this post

Back to top Go down

Post by Maddog Mon Dec 28, 2020 4:07 pm

Syl wrote:
Nicko,  you can take a prescription to any chemist, it might be worth your son driving round to different ones  to find one that may have  the items in stock, maybe he would have better luck with the pharmacy that serves the hospital.

Don't you have chains? If my pharmacy didn't have a prescription, they would tell me which one did. They would hold it for me until I got there. Or I could simply start calling them.

Maddog
Maddog
The newsfix Queen

Back to top Go down

Post by Syl Mon Dec 28, 2020 4:43 pm

Maddog wrote:
Syl wrote:

Don't you have chains? If my pharmacy didn't have a prescription, they would tell me which one did. They would hold it for me until I got there.  Or I could simply start calling them.  

We do have chains, Boots and Lloyds for instance.
I don't use Boot's possibly the biggest chain, because they seldom had every prescription med needed for my OH's diabetes  in stock, I have always been told to 'come back tomorrow', never once been advised if another branch has items in.
I have never asked either (which is a bit silly) but neither of us have been seriously in need of the meds immediately like Nicko is.
He seems to have been treated very badly. Mad
Syl
Syl
Forum Detective ????‍♀️

Back to top Go down

Post by Maddog Mon Dec 28, 2020 4:51 pm

Syl wrote:
Maddog wrote:

Don't you have chains? If my pharmacy didn't have a prescription, they would tell me which one did. They would hold it for me until I got there.  Or I could simply start calling them.  

We do have chains, Boots and Lloyds for instance.
I don't use Boot's possibly the biggest chain, because they seldom had every prescription med needed for my OH's diabetes  in stock, I have always been told to 'come back tomorrow', never once been advised if another branch has items in.
I have never asked either (which is a bit silly) but neither of us have been seriously in need of the meds immediately like Nicko is.
He seems to have been treated very badly. Mad

It would depend on the prescription. Something like regular meds that I always take isn't a problem because I start getting alerts 2 weeks before I run out. A day one way or the other isn't a big deal.

But if I had a sick child that needed some antibiotics, that pharmacist better damn sure find where that product is available if they are out.
Maddog
Maddog
The newsfix Queen

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down