NewsFix
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Italy: Man walks 450km after lockdown row with wife

+4
gelico
Maddog
Syl
Tommy Monk
8 posters

Go down

Italy: Man walks 450km after lockdown row with wife Empty Italy: Man walks 450km after lockdown row with wife

Post by Tommy Monk Tue Dec 08, 2020 2:03 am

An Italian man stepped outside to cool off after quarrelling with his wife - and ended up walking 450km (280 miles).

Italians have nicknamed him "Forrest Gump" on social media, after the slow-witted hero of a 1994 movie, played by Tom Hanks, who runs thousands of miles across the United States.

Police stopped the Italian's epic walk at 2am in Fano on the Adriatic coast, a week after he left Como in the north.

The man, 48, got a €400 (£362; $485) police fine for breaching the curfew.

The story was first reported by the Bologna-based newspaper Il Resto del Carlino but quickly went viral in Italian media.

Some comments on social media presented the man as heroic and criticised the fine. One said he should have been rewarded - not fined - and given a new pair of shoes. Another praised him for walking off to cool his anger, rather than resorting to violence.

The man told police "I came here on foot, I didn't use any transport". He said "along the way I met people who offered me food and drink". "I'm OK, just a bit tired," he said, having averaged 60km daily.

Police found him wandering aimlessly and cold at night on a coastal highway.

After checking his ID in their database they found that his wife had reported him missing, so they contacted her and she travelled to Fano to collect him.

https://www.bbc.co.uk/news/world-europe-55224031

lol!

Tommy Monk
Tommy Monk
Forum Detective ????‍♀️

Back to top Go down

Italy: Man walks 450km after lockdown row with wife Empty Re: Italy: Man walks 450km after lockdown row with wife

Post by Syl Tue Dec 08, 2020 12:04 pm

It's a bit sad really, and no doubt this is how many people simply go missing forever.

But for the lockdown he may have continued walking without the police bothering to check him out, eventually putting down roots somewhere else.

Just one more name on a missing persons list.
Syl
Syl
Forum Detective ????‍♀️

Back to top Go down

Italy: Man walks 450km after lockdown row with wife Empty Re: Italy: Man walks 450km after lockdown row with wife

Post by Maddog Tue Dec 08, 2020 2:37 pm

Damn, I think my record was about 5 miles when I'd heard enough from the old lady.
Maddog
Maddog
The newsfix Queen

Back to top Go down

Post by gelico Tue Dec 08, 2020 5:09 pm

Syl wrote:It's a bit sad really, and no doubt this is how many people simply go missing forever.

But for the lockdown he may have continued walking without the police bothering to check him out, eventually putting down roots somewhere else.

I agree, syl

they picked him up a week later. his wife must have been going out of her mind with worry

all over a row which probably started over socks not put in the laundry or some such nonsense

Sad

gelico
Forum Detective

eddie likes this post

Back to top Go down

Post by Original Quill Tue Dec 08, 2020 6:02 pm

Something more is afoot.  Either the guy is not all there, or there is something more going on.  Como is on the Swiss border, above Milan, while Fano is over on the east coast, south of San Marino.  They are 280 miles apart.

The analogy to Forrest Gump is apt...the guy must be a bit slow-witted.  The average, intelligent guy doesn't go walk-about in the dead of winter on the Swiss border without something bothering him--internally or externally.  The fact that his wife had to travel to Fano to "collect him" suggests that he requires a little...um, maintenance.

Original Quill
Forum Detective ????‍♀️

Back to top Go down

Post by Tommy Monk Tue Dec 08, 2020 7:09 pm

gelico wrote:
Syl wrote:It's a bit sad really, and no doubt this is how many people simply go missing forever.

I agree, syl

they picked him up a week later. his wife must have been going out of her mind with worry

all over a row which probably started over socks not put in the laundry or some such nonsense

Sad

Women have the knack of driving men to the brink of insanity...

Tommy Monk
Tommy Monk
Forum Detective ????‍♀️

Back to top Go down

Post by Syl Tue Dec 08, 2020 11:14 pm

Tommy Monk wrote:
gelico wrote:

I agree, syl

they picked him up a week later.  his wife must have been going out of her mind with worry

Sad

Women have the knack of driving men to the brink of insanity...

Tommy, sometimes you sound lika a real woman hater. Twisted Evil
Syl
Syl
Forum Detective ????‍♀️

Back to top Go down

Post by Tommy Monk Wed Dec 09, 2020 7:31 pm

Women must hate men more like, otherwise they wouldn't try to drive us to the brink of insanity...

Tommy Monk
Tommy Monk
Forum Detective ????‍♀️

Back to top Go down

Post by Syl Wed Dec 09, 2020 7:43 pm

Oooh, generalisation alert.
I have been married decades and my OH is no madder now than the day I met him. Razz
Syl
Syl
Forum Detective ????‍♀️

Back to top Go down

Post by Vintage Wed Dec 09, 2020 8:13 pm

Probably had another row when she went to collect him.

Vintage
Forum Detective ????‍♀️

Back to top Go down

Post by eddie Wed Dec 09, 2020 8:47 pm

Vintage wrote:Probably had another row when she went to collect him.

Hahahahahaha funniest post on the thread.
eddie
eddie
King of Beards. Keeper of the Whip. Top Chef. BEES!!!!!! Mushroom muncher. Spider aficionado!

Back to top Go down

Post by JulesV Wed Dec 09, 2020 10:43 pm

Tommy Monk wrote:

An Italian man stepped outside to cool off after quarrelling with his wife - and ended up walking 450km (280 miles).

Italians have nicknamed him "Forrest Gump" on social media, after the slow-witted hero of a 1994 movie, played by Tom Hanks, who runs thousands of miles across the United States.

Police stopped the Italian's epic walk at 2am in Fano on the Adriatic coast, a week after he left Como in the north.

The man, 48, got a €400 (£362; $485) police fine for breaching the curfew.

The story was first reported by the Bologna-based newspaper Il Resto del Carlino but quickly went viral in Italian media.

Some comments on social media presented the man as heroic and criticised the fine. One said he should have been rewarded - not fined - and given a new pair of shoes. Another praised him for walking off to cool his anger, rather than resorting to violence.

The man told police "I came here on foot, I didn't use any transport". He said "along the way I met people who offered me food and drink". "I'm OK, just a bit tired," he said, having averaged 60km daily.

Police found him wandering aimlessly and cold at night on a coastal highway.

After checking his ID in their database they found that his wife had reported him missing, so they contacted her and she travelled to Fano to collect him.

https://www.bbc.co.uk/news/world-europe-55224031

lol!

People sometimes go for a walk to 'clear their head' after a row. 450km?? -must've been one humdinger of a row!

JulesV
Forum Detective ????‍♀️

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down