NewsFix
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Man deliberately drives car into pedestrians in Germany

4 posters

Go down

Man deliberately drives car into pedestrians in Germany Empty Man deliberately drives car into pedestrians in Germany

Post by Tommy Monk Tue Dec 01, 2020 3:58 pm

BERLIN -- A car drove into a pedestrian zone in the southwestern German city of Trier on Tuesday, killing two people and seriously injuring 15 others, officials said. The driver, identified as a 51-year-old man from the area, was arrested and the vehicle was impounded, Trier police tweeted.

Tommy Monk
Tommy Monk
Forum Detective ????‍♀️

Back to top Go down

Man deliberately drives car into pedestrians in Germany Empty Re: Man deliberately drives car into pedestrians in Germany

Post by Maddog Tue Dec 01, 2020 4:06 pm

Tommy Monk wrote:

BERLIN -- A car drove into a pedestrian zone in the southwestern German city of Trier on Tuesday, killing two people and seriously injuring 15 others, officials said. The driver, identified as a 51-year-old man from the area, was arrested and the vehicle was impounded, Trier police tweeted.

That's a weird way to put it. Cars dont drive. Well, not yet anyway.

Should have said "A car was driven".
Maddog
Maddog
The newsfix Queen

Back to top Go down

Man deliberately drives car into pedestrians in Germany Empty Re: Man deliberately drives car into pedestrians in Germany

Post by Syl Tue Dec 01, 2020 5:14 pm

Crying or Very sad

"Trier mayor Leibe was quoted by SWR as saying that the driver had caused “several deaths” and injuries”.

Speaking to reporters, with tears in his eyes, Leibe recounted the shock of seeing a child’s shoe on the street near the body of a girl.

“It’s a horror scene,” he said. “Many people are traumatised.”
Syl
Syl
Forum Detective ????‍♀️

Back to top Go down

Post by Maddog Tue Dec 01, 2020 5:18 pm

Has Quill confirmed this actually happened? I'll need his confirmation on the stories authenticity. I mean all we have is the word of the people that were there.
Maddog
Maddog
The newsfix Queen

Tommy Monk likes this post

Back to top Go down

Post by Syl Tue Dec 01, 2020 5:23 pm

Possibly yet another terrorist attack??
Who needs bomb making equipment or knives if you have a vehicle?

No info yet as to why this happened.
Syl
Syl
Forum Detective ????‍♀️

Back to top Go down

Post by Tommy Monk Tue Dec 01, 2020 5:29 pm

The enemy within...

And we have thousands upon thousands of them arriving here in UK every year too!

Tommy Monk
Tommy Monk
Forum Detective ????‍♀️

Back to top Go down

Post by Original Quill Tue Dec 01, 2020 5:39 pm

Maddog wrote:Has Quill confirmed this actually happened? I'll need his confirmation on the stories authenticity. I mean all we have is the word of the people that were there.

It's not "did it happen?" It's when you get into the details of "who is responsible" that the analysis goes ragged. Possible terrorism? as Syl suggests (suggestions are OK). Also, possible drunk driving. Or, maybe road rage? Etc., etc.

Some serious questions need to be investigated…not guessed at.

Original Quill
Forum Detective ????‍♀️

Back to top Go down

Post by Maddog Tue Dec 01, 2020 5:57 pm

Original Quill wrote:
Maddog wrote:Has Quill confirmed this actually happened? I'll need his confirmation on the stories authenticity. I mean all we have is the word of the people that were there.

It's not "did it happen?"  It's when you get into the details of "who is responsible" that the analysis goes ragged.  Possible terrorism? as Syl suggests (suggestions are OK).  Also, possible drunk driving.  Or, maybe road rage?  Etc., etc.

Some serious questions need to be investigated…not guessed at.

Let us know after you've cracked the case Dick Tracy.
Maddog
Maddog
The newsfix Queen

Back to top Go down

Post by Syl Wed Dec 02, 2020 1:17 am

A drunk driver with possible mental illness was arrested near the scene.
Terrorism is not suspected.

"A nine-week-old girl and her father were among five people killed when a car drove at speed into pedestrians in the German city of Trier."

https://news.sky.com/story/at-least-two-dead-and-several-injured-after-car-drives-into-pedestrians-in-southwest-germany-12148078
Syl
Syl
Forum Detective ????‍♀️

Back to top Go down

Post by Maddog Wed Dec 02, 2020 1:46 am

Syl wrote:A drunk driver with possible mental illness was arrested near the scene.
Terrorism is not suspected.

"A nine-week-old girl and her father were among five people killed when a car drove at speed into pedestrians in the German city of Trier."

https://news.sky.com/story/at-least-two-dead-and-several-injured-after-car-drives-into-pedestrians-in-southwest-germany-12148078

Apparently he was living in his car. Never know when you might cross paths with someone who can no longer cope with the world. I see drunk homeless people every day. Thankfully very few of them have access to a car. They are a nuisance, but mostly harmless. But now and again they harm others.
Maddog
Maddog
The newsfix Queen

Back to top Go down

Post by Tommy Monk Wed Dec 02, 2020 5:04 am

A dubious story from the authorities...

Tommy Monk
Tommy Monk
Forum Detective ????‍♀️

Back to top Go down

Post by Syl Wed Dec 02, 2020 1:11 pm

Maddog wrote:

Apparently he was living in his car.  Never know when you might cross paths with someone who can no longer cope with the world.  I see drunk homeless people every day. Thankfully very few of them have access to a car.  They are a nuisance, but mostly harmless.  But now and again they harm others.  

Yes, the only time most people notice them is when they snap and run amok.
The problem is there are potentially violent mentally ill people in society who either dont get the meds they need, have been released from prison in worse condition than they went in, or people who simply have no one to turn to.
Syl
Syl
Forum Detective ????‍♀️

Back to top Go down

Post by Syl Wed Dec 02, 2020 1:12 pm

Tommy Monk wrote:

A dubious story from the authorities...

Not really, it happens.
Syl
Syl
Forum Detective ????‍♀️

Back to top Go down

Post by Tommy Monk Wed Dec 02, 2020 2:46 pm

It wasn't an accident by a drunk... It was deliberate.

And are you seriously saying that a bloke who can afford a nice range rover, was likely to be homeless?

I'm not convinced the authorities story is true.

Germany in particular has a vested interest in down playing Islamist involvement...

Tommy Monk
Tommy Monk
Forum Detective ????‍♀️

Back to top Go down

Post by Original Quill Wed Dec 02, 2020 3:37 pm

How to put this delicately: I TOLD YOU SO!

i wouldn't have to shout it, but Redneck is hard of hearing...or was that hard of thinking.

Original Quill
Forum Detective ????‍♀️

Back to top Go down

Post by Syl Wed Dec 02, 2020 6:55 pm

Tommy Monk wrote:

It wasn't an accident by a drunk... It was deliberate.

And are you seriously saying that a bloke who can afford a nice range rover, was likely to be homeless?

I'm not convinced the authorities story is true.

Germany in particular has a vested interest in down playing Islamist involvement...

From the article...

"The man, who is from Trier and is said to have been living in the Land Rover which a friend had lent him, was due to appear before a judge on Wednesday."
Syl
Syl
Forum Detective ????‍♀️

Back to top Go down

Post by Tommy Monk Wed Dec 02, 2020 7:15 pm

Yeah... And the article also talks about him having neighbours who allegedly gave accounts about him...

And it also talks about him hanging around most nights in a local kebab shop... and of course there wouldn't be any of Islamist persuasion in there, would there...?

Tommy Monk
Tommy Monk
Forum Detective ????‍♀️

Back to top Go down

Post by Maddog Wed Dec 02, 2020 7:18 pm

Original Quill wrote:How to put this delicately: I TOLD YOU SO!

i wouldn't have to shout it, but Redneck is hard of hearing...or was that hard of thinking.

You told me nothing.

Have you solved the case in Nigeria?
Maddog
Maddog
The newsfix Queen

Back to top Go down

Post by Tommy Monk Wed Dec 02, 2020 7:19 pm

I cannot really believe that he was homeless and living in an expensive range rover that he had allegedly borrowed from a friend...

It just doesn't ring true to me...

Sounds more like a smokescreen as part of a cover up...

Tommy Monk
Tommy Monk
Forum Detective ????‍♀️

Back to top Go down

Post by Maddog Wed Dec 02, 2020 7:21 pm

Tommy Monk wrote:

I cannot really believe that he was homeless and living in an expensive range rover that he had allegedly borrowed from a friend...

Old Range Rovers aren't worth a whole lot over here anyway.

It's hard to say. Have they identified him yet?

Maddog
Maddog
The newsfix Queen

Back to top Go down

Post by Tommy Monk Wed Dec 02, 2020 7:22 pm

Also... don't try to tell me that he was drunk and couldn't therefore be an Islamists because Islamists don't drink...

Tommy Monk
Tommy Monk
Forum Detective ????‍♀️

Back to top Go down

Post by Tommy Monk Wed Dec 02, 2020 7:23 pm

Maddog wrote:
Tommy Monk wrote:

Old Range Rovers aren't worth a whole lot over here anyway.

It's hard to say. Have they identified him yet?

Didn't look like an old range rover to me...

Looked like quite a more recent model.

Tommy Monk
Tommy Monk
Forum Detective ????‍♀️

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down