NewsFix
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Orwellian Britain - Mum in hate crime probe after pro-JK Rowling stickers amid trans rights row

3 posters

Go down

Orwellian Britain - Mum in hate crime probe after pro-JK Rowling stickers amid trans rights row Empty Orwellian Britain - Mum in hate crime probe after pro-JK Rowling stickers amid trans rights row

Post by Didgee Sun Aug 23, 2020 10:13 am

EXCLUSIVE: Officers spoke to Suzy Ireson, 51, after she put a post about the slogans on Facebook after trans activists accused her of trying to stoke hatred by posting the stickers

Police probing a suspected hate crime quizzed a mum – over stickers supporting Harry Potter author JK Rowling in her row with the transgender community.

Officers spoke to Suzy Ireson, 51, after she put a post about the slogans on Facebook.

One featured the silhouette of a witch’s hat with the message “Modern Day Witch Hunts I Refuse to Bow Down”. An- other said: “Don’t flush our rights down the toilet. Protect single sex spaces.”

Trans activists accused Ms Ireson of trying to stoke hatred by posting the stickers.

She said the messages are satirical and denied she planted the stickers, which appeared in Torquay, Devon, while she was there with son George, nine.

Police spoke to Ms Ireson at her holiday let. She said: “I asked what crime was committed. They said they weren’t sure, but it was to do with stickers on the seafront. I thought they’d have enough on their hands maintaining social distancing on the crowded beaches.”

https://www.mirror.co.uk/news/uk-news/mum-hate-crime-probe-after-22563314

Our Police forces are becoming an utter Joke

I am constantly seeing cases like this all the time, with Police spending more time on what is called a hate incident. When they are generally nothing of the sort. We are seeing more and more the very erosion of freedom of expression

To say backing/supporting sex based human rights for females and supporting JK Rowling., Is now considered a hate crime. Shows societies becoming more and more regressive, throwing females under the bus

I hope this government does an overhaul of this system, because expression opinions. Which support female rights, is not a hate crime

Maybe the Police should spend a tad more time tackling and prosecuting rape

https://www.theguardian.com/society/2019/sep/12/why-are-rape-prosecutions-at-a-10-year-low-england-wales

Didgee
Forum Detective ????‍♀️

Back to top Go down

Orwellian Britain - Mum in hate crime probe after pro-JK Rowling stickers amid trans rights row Empty Re: Orwellian Britain - Mum in hate crime probe after pro-JK Rowling stickers amid trans rights row

Post by Original Quill Sun Aug 23, 2020 7:02 pm

I agree with you, but not for the exact same reasons.  I don't think we need to get into a debate over female rights in order to support freedom of speech.  After all, female rights is only one example.

Freedom of speech, and associated ideas (association, expression, press, religion, assembly to petition and redress other rights), are the political toolbox of democracy.  Thomas Jefferson, who wrote the Bill of Rights (Amendments I - X), and specifically the First Amendment, based his reasoning on the premise that open understanding would check any misuse.

Jefferson, in one letter to John Adams, spoke of the “marketplace of ideas” preventing an abuse of freedom of speech.  In other words, you don’t need laws…popular opinion will reject bad ideas so that no force-of-law is necessary.  Therefore, set free all speech and let the chips fall where they might.

Original Quill
Forum Detective ????‍♀️

Back to top Go down

Orwellian Britain - Mum in hate crime probe after pro-JK Rowling stickers amid trans rights row Empty Re: Orwellian Britain - Mum in hate crime probe after pro-JK Rowling stickers amid trans rights row

Post by Tommy Monk Mon Aug 24, 2020 3:34 am

The lefty mentality is always the promotion of (so called) "equality"... But in their double speak world, 'some are always more equal than others'...

Which will always lead to unfairness and inequality between all people as they are all whittled down into whichever group thinking that they can identify as which they think will give them a 'leg up' over any other group etc...

Tommy Monk
Tommy Monk
Forum Detective ????‍♀️

Back to top Go down

Post by Original Quill Mon Aug 24, 2020 5:37 pm

Tommy Monk wrote:The lefty mentality is always the promotion of (so called) "equality"... But in their double speak world, 'some are always more equal than others'...

Which will always lead to unfairness and inequality between all people as they are all whittled down into whichever group thinking that they can identify as which they think will give them a 'leg up' over any other group etc...

If I understand you correctly, I agree that equality is an ever shifting commodity. The world is not a fully functioning system yet, and there are always new elements being introduced.

But I disagree with your 'lefty leg up' theory. The world is unsettled as it is without introducing competitive selfishness into the mix. Besides, competitive advantage is a righty mentality. It is the right that lauds the aggressive businessman, who wants to 'get ahead', and the resultant millionaires and power brokers.

Original Quill
Forum Detective ????‍♀️

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down