NewsFix
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Was Chris Rock right...?

4 posters

Go down

Was Chris Rock right...? Empty Was Chris Rock right...?

Post by Tommy Monk Wed Jul 22, 2020 2:58 pm

https://m.youtube.com/watch?v=jKuEUasqx5I

Tommy Monk
Tommy Monk
Forum Detective ????‍♀️

Back to top Go down

Was Chris Rock right...? Empty Re: Was Chris Rock right...?

Post by Original Quill Wed Jul 22, 2020 4:45 pm

Chris Rock also said that Jesus was a black man.

Original Quill
Forum Detective ????‍♀️

Back to top Go down

Post by Tommy Monk Wed Jul 22, 2020 5:21 pm

Not what this thread is about...

Tommy Monk
Tommy Monk
Forum Detective ????‍♀️

Back to top Go down

Post by Original Quill Wed Jul 22, 2020 5:45 pm

Oh, we're not discussing Chris Rock?  Here I thought the title of the thread directed our attention to Chris Rock (and no content but a link).  I brought my link too.

Was Chris Rock right...? 2190311264

Original Quill
Forum Detective ????‍♀️

Back to top Go down

Post by Tommy Monk Wed Jul 22, 2020 5:56 pm

The thread is about what he said in the OP link...

As you well know...

Tommy Monk
Tommy Monk
Forum Detective ????‍♀️

Back to top Go down

Post by Original Quill Wed Jul 22, 2020 6:20 pm

Tommy Monk wrote:The thread is about what he said in the OP link...

As you well know...

I thought what Chris Rock said in the Dogma link was much more significant and direct. But really, both are saying the same thing: they both are a parody about how whites won't let blacks into modern society, and how people of color have to find other means to become relevant.

We agree about one thing: Chris Rock is prophetic.

Original Quill
Forum Detective ????‍♀️

Back to top Go down

Post by Tommy Monk Wed Jul 22, 2020 6:51 pm

Tommy Monk wrote:

The thread is about what he said in the OP link...

As you well know...

Tommy Monk
Tommy Monk
Forum Detective ????‍♀️

Back to top Go down

Post by eddie Wed Jul 22, 2020 8:30 pm

Original Quill wrote:
Tommy Monk wrote:The thread is about what he said in the OP link...

As you well know...

I thought what Chris Rock said in the Dogma link was much more significant and direct.  But really, both are saying the same thing: they both are a parody about how whites won't let blacks into modern society, and how people of color have to find other means to become relevant.

Well, Chris Rock, Eddie Murphey, Bill Cosby, Denzil Washington, Morgan Freeman, Samuel L. Jackson.... etc etc etc etc...seem to have done okay.
eddie
eddie
King of Beards. Keeper of the Whip. Top Chef. BEES!!!!!! Mushroom muncher. Spider aficionado!

Back to top Go down

Post by Original Quill Wed Jul 22, 2020 9:50 pm

eddie wrote:
Original Quill wrote:

I thought what Chris Rock said in the Dogma link was much more significant and direct.  But really, both are saying the same thing: they both are a parody about how whites won't let blacks into modern society, and how people of color have to find other means to become relevant.

Well, Chris Rock, Eddie Murphey, Bill Cosby, Denzil Washington, Morgan Freeman, Samuel L. Jackson.... etc etc etc etc...seem to have done okay.

Yes, they have. Nevertheless...the message is valid. I admire Chris Rock because his scenarios always have a pithy meaning.

As for Eddie, Bill, Denzil, Morgan and Sammie...who would begrudge them their success? They are speaking primarily to outsiders, like themselves.

Original Quill
Forum Detective ????‍♀️

Back to top Go down

Post by eddie Wed Jul 22, 2020 9:53 pm

Denzil Washington is a great actor, I watch films just because he’s in them - he’s also a really handsome man.
Morgan Freeman, again, a brilliant actor. He has a voice that just makes me want to do whatever he says.
eddie
eddie
King of Beards. Keeper of the Whip. Top Chef. BEES!!!!!! Mushroom muncher. Spider aficionado!

Back to top Go down

Post by Ben Reilly Wed Jul 22, 2020 10:01 pm

I saw that clip ages ago, it's just Chris Rock saying that decent black people look down on black people who make them look bad just as anybody else does.

The problem is when society judges a minority group by its worst offenders. You can't judge people with black skin by the criminals who are black any more than you can judge people with white skin by "trailer trash" or Eastern European human traffickers.

The problem is mainly the media. Because many people don't live around many people of different races, they judge them by what they see on the media, and so it falls on the media not to only highlight the criminals.

Then again, when the media tries to do stories about minorities doing good things, they just get derided as lefty PC propagandists ... the media can never really win, that's always been the case.
Ben Reilly
Ben Reilly
King of Texas. Gigantic Killer Robot. Robin Hood of Epping Forest. Fifty Shades of Cray.

http://www.newsfixboard.com

Original Quill likes this post

Back to top Go down

Post by Original Quill Wed Jul 22, 2020 10:24 pm

Ben Reilly wrote:I saw that clip ages ago, it's just Chris Rock saying that decent black people look down on black people who make them look bad just as anybody else does.

The problem is when society judges a minority group by its worst offenders. You can't judge people with black skin by the criminals who are black any more than you can judge people with white skin by "trailer trash" or Eastern European human traffickers.

The problem is mainly the media. Because many people don't live around many people of different races, they judge them by what they see on the media, and so it falls on the media not to only highlight the criminals.

Then again, when the media tries to do stories about minorities doing good things, they just get derided as lefty PC propagandists ... the media can never really win, that's always been the case.

I like what you say there. But let me defend the media a bit: They were once way behind, but today I think they are trying harder. The jaundiced 'pc-critics' are always going to be there--that's like wishing conservatives would go away. But, I've been noticing the ads with racially mixed couples, gay couples, and other atypical situations, and I see they are trying.

The problem with advertising, and some content, is that they are commercial endeavors. The buyers have to be convinced. Although, I think some buyers are out ahead of the producers sometimes, it's always gotta make a profit.

Original Quill
Forum Detective ????‍♀️

Back to top Go down

Post by Ben Reilly Wed Jul 22, 2020 10:30 pm

Sorry, I meant more the news media. For decades, American TV news was basically an endless litany of black people committing crimes. They owed it to the American public to tell a wide variety of stories about black people, but then again, they got big ratings by featuring 'scary black people' stories, so they followed the profits.
Ben Reilly
Ben Reilly
King of Texas. Gigantic Killer Robot. Robin Hood of Epping Forest. Fifty Shades of Cray.

http://www.newsfixboard.com

Back to top Go down

Post by eddie Wed Jul 22, 2020 10:41 pm

Ben Reilly wrote:Sorry, I meant more the news media. For decades, American TV news was basically an endless litany of black people committing crimes. They owed it to the American public to tell a wide variety of stories about black people, but then again, they got big ratings by featuring 'scary black people' stories, so they followed the profits.

And therein lies the rub. If people started looking and seeing the world around them and stopped listening to the media, we may have a better world, in some respects anyway.
eddie
eddie

Back to top Go down

Post by Original Quill Thu Jul 23, 2020 12:28 am

eddie wrote:
Ben Reilly wrote:Sorry, I meant more the news media. For decades, American TV news was basically an endless litany of black people committing crimes. They owed it to the American public to tell a wide variety of stories about black people, but then again, they got big ratings by featuring 'scary black people' stories, so they followed the profits.

And therein lies the rub. If people started looking and seeing the world around them and stopped listening to the media, we may have a better world, in some respects anyway.

Faux News? Sorry, no thank you.

Original Quill
Forum Detective ????‍♀️

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down