NewsFix
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Wearing a face covering in shops is mandatory from Friday, so will you be wearing one?

+4
Vintage
Original Quill
Eilzel
Syl
8 posters

Go down

Wearing a face covering in shops is mandatory from Friday, so will you be wearing one? Empty Wearing a face covering in shops is mandatory from Friday, so will you be wearing one?

Post by Syl Tue Jul 21, 2020 11:13 am

Shoppers in England will have to wear face coverings in all shops from Friday July 24.Police will be expected to enforce the law - and there will be £100 fines for those who refuse.

The police however (in my area at least) have said they will not be enforcing the law here as they simply don't have the man power.

Some shopkeepers have said they nor their staff are going to intervene because it's not their job to ensure laws are followed and they don't want the conflict.

So it seems, if someone simply doesn't want to wear a face covering, and they refuse if asked to do so....no one will be doing sod all the make them.

Last edited by Syl on Tue Jul 21, 2020 11:24 am; edited 1 time in total
Syl
Syl
Forum Detective ????‍♀️

Back to top Go down

Wearing a face covering in shops is mandatory from Friday, so will you be wearing one? Empty Re: Wearing a face covering in shops is mandatory from Friday, so will you be wearing one?

Post by Eilzel Tue Jul 21, 2020 11:23 am

Syl wrote:Shoppers in England will have to wear face coverings in all shops from Friday July 24.Police will be expected to enforce the law - and there will be £100 fines for those who refuse.

The police however (in my area at least) have said they will not be enforcing the law here as they simply don't have the man power.

Some shopkeepers have said they nor their staff are going to intervene because it's not their job to ensure laws are followed and they don't want the conflict.

So it seems, if someone simply doesn't want to wear a face covering, and they refuse if asked to do so....no one will be doing sod all the make them.

England and America are retarded with this. That a 'law' is even needed just shows the depths of stupidity we are talking about. In Thailand everyone wears them and there've been hardly any infections (relatively) and a handful of deaths.

Even accounting for fudged numbers, Thailand is remarkably low in the list of hardest hit countries. The UK has 100x more cases and 1000x more deaths Shocked

No need for laws here either, people just do it because they know the benefit of face masks.

It is hard to get across how badly the UK (and US) are coming across to the rest of the world over this.
Eilzel
Eilzel
Speaker of the House

Back to top Go down

Wearing a face covering in shops is mandatory from Friday, so will you be wearing one? Empty Re: Wearing a face covering in shops is mandatory from Friday, so will you be wearing one?

Post by Syl Tue Jul 21, 2020 11:28 am

I wore one for the first time yesterday, and tbh I don't know why people make a fuss, I almost forgot I had it on.

I personally have not been in any shops or on public transport since March, so I have seen no reason to wear a mask, but from now on, even if I am outside in places where others are around, I will just pop my mask on.
Syl
Syl
Forum Detective ????‍♀️

Back to top Go down

Post by Eilzel Tue Jul 21, 2020 11:30 am

Syl wrote:I wore one for the first time yesterday, and tbh I don't know why people make a fuss, I almost forgot I had it on.

I personally have not been in any shops or on public transport since March, so I have seen no reason to wear a mask, but from now on, even if I am outside in  places where others are around, I will just pop my mask on.

Yep, tbh I'm not a fan of them lol

But yeah you get used to it, don't see the fuss really.
Eilzel
Eilzel
Speaker of the House

Back to top Go down

Post by Syl Tue Jul 21, 2020 11:36 am

I know everything that comes out of Trumps mouth is distorted in some way, especially the way he has been dealing with this pandemic, but when he said the UK have fared worse re coronavirus deaths per head of population....sadly he is right.

Maybe if mask wearing had been taken seriously months ago we wouldn't have had so many casualties.
Syl
Syl
Forum Detective ????‍♀️

nicko likes this post

Back to top Go down

Post by Original Quill Tue Jul 21, 2020 4:31 pm

We've been wearing them since May.

Original Quill
Forum Detective ????‍♀️

Back to top Go down

Post by Original Quill Tue Jul 21, 2020 4:35 pm

Syl wrote:I know everything that comes out of Trumps mouth is distorted in some way, especially the way he has been dealing with this pandemic, but when he said the UK have fared worse re coronavirus deaths per head of population....sadly he is right.

Maybe if mask wearing had been taken seriously months ago we wouldn't have had so many casualties.

It's distorted. Yesterday Chris Wallace called him out on the point. Trump said we are doing doing the best of all nations, and Wallace pulled out charts saying we are sixth...that's behind Brazil and Russia, who don't give a sheet about their people, and Sweden who tried to go naked and are now afraid.

Original Quill
Forum Detective ????‍♀️

Back to top Go down

Post by Syl Tue Jul 21, 2020 6:06 pm

Original Quill wrote:
Syl wrote:I know everything that comes out of Trumps mouth is distorted in some way, especially the way he has been dealing with this pandemic, but when he said the UK have fared worse re coronavirus deaths per head of population....sadly he is right.

It's distorted.  Yesterday Chris Wallace called him out on the point.  Trump said we are doing doing the best of all nations, and Wallace pulled out charts saying we are sixth...that's behind Brazil and Russia, who don't give a sheet about their people, and Sweden who tried to go naked and are now afraid.

I saw Trump saying the US was faring well, and as usual he is confused.
They are still doing better than us though.
Syl
Syl
Forum Detective ????‍♀️

Back to top Go down

Post by Syl Tue Jul 21, 2020 6:19 pm

So I wore my face mask again today...I would say about 70% of the people who were in the garden centre wore one too.

The cafe was open cheers  so many are still closed. After debating (for 5 seconds) we went in and had what was once taken for granted but now seems like a huge luxury, coffee and cake sat in the outside area, the sun even came out...bliss.

It felt like normality is getting closer at last. I love you
Syl
Syl
Forum Detective ????‍♀️

Back to top Go down

Post by Original Quill Tue Jul 21, 2020 6:47 pm

Syl wrote:
Original Quill wrote:

It's distorted.  Yesterday Chris Wallace called him out on the point.  Trump said we are doing doing the best of all nations, and Wallace pulled out charts saying we are sixth...that's behind Brazil and Russia, who don't give a sheet about their people, and Sweden who tried to go naked and are now afraid.

I saw Trump saying the US was faring well, and as usual he is confused.
They are still doing better than us though.

Original Quill
Forum Detective ????‍♀️

Back to top Go down

Post by Vintage Tue Jul 21, 2020 7:40 pm

Generally wear a mask at work and lately the whole shibbangle visor etc.

Haven't worn one out and about privately as yet, its not mandatory here for now, can't say I've been far but I now take a mask with me if I do go out to a shop as there are more people about.

Vintage
Forum Detective ????‍♀️

Back to top Go down

Post by Maddog Tue Jul 21, 2020 8:26 pm

Trump is wearing a mask now. I guess he has seen the light.
Maddog
Maddog
The newsfix Queen

Back to top Go down

Post by Victorismyhero Tue Jul 21, 2020 10:34 pm

wornFFP2 (N95 equivalent) since week one of lockdown, and will continue to do so untill I decide its safe not to.
Victorismyhero
Victorismyhero
INTERNAL SECURITY DIRECTOR
INTERNAL SECURITY DIRECTOR

Back to top Go down

Post by eddie Wed Jul 22, 2020 8:21 pm

Syl wrote:So I wore my face mask again today...I would say about 70% of the people who were in the garden centre wore one too.

The cafe was open cheers  so many are still closed. After debating (for 5 seconds) we went in and had what was once taken for granted but now seems like a huge luxury, coffee and cake sat in the outside area, the sun even came out...bliss.

See this is where I get confused. One goes in with a mask on and takes the mask off to drink the coffee...

Makes no sense.

Having said that, I will wear one if I have to, I dislike them greatly as I feel like I’m almost suffocating. I know that sounds silly, but I do.
eddie
eddie
King of Beards. Keeper of the Whip. Top Chef. BEES!!!!!! Mushroom muncher. Spider aficionado!

Back to top Go down

Post by Original Quill Wed Jul 22, 2020 9:06 pm

eddie wrote:
Syl wrote:So I wore my face mask again today...I would say about 70% of the people who were in the garden centre wore one too.

See this is where I get confused. One goes in with a mask on and takes the mask off to drink the coffee...

Makes no sense.

Have you ever tried drinking coffee with a mask on? Evil or Very Mad Messy.

Original Quill
Forum Detective ????‍♀️

Back to top Go down

Post by eddie Wed Jul 22, 2020 9:08 pm

Original Quill wrote:
eddie wrote:

Makes no sense.

Have you ever tried drinking coffee with a mask on?  Evil or Very Mad  Messy.

Eating a burrito is even worse. Shocked
eddie
eddie
King of Beards. Keeper of the Whip. Top Chef. BEES!!!!!! Mushroom muncher. Spider aficionado!

Back to top Go down

Post by Ben Reilly Wed Jul 22, 2020 9:35 pm

I hate wearing them too -- when I spent two weeks in Texas recently, they were mandatory in shops and grocery stores, and I had to wear them for hours on end at a job I took for about four days Smile

That said, I read that if everyone were to wear a mask in public, we'd virtually halt new infections. That's reason enough for me to accept the policy.

I also have a handmade mask that is far more comfortable and nice-smelling than the ones you can buy.
Ben Reilly
Ben Reilly
King of Texas. Gigantic Killer Robot. Robin Hood of Epping Forest. Fifty Shades of Cray.

http://www.newsfixboard.com

Back to top Go down

Post by eddie Wed Jul 22, 2020 9:39 pm

Seen on social media:

Wearing a face covering in shops is mandatory from Friday, so will you be wearing one? Ce23e910
eddie
eddie

Ben Reilly likes this post

Back to top Go down

Post by Ben Reilly Wed Jul 22, 2020 9:53 pm

It's really just about civic pride. If you help your neighbors, tidy up litter, etc., you should be willing to help protect your community by wearing a mask in indoor public spaces.

That said, there's no reason to wear a mask in public unless you're in a big crowd of people that makes social distancing impossible. Hardly anyone has contracted the virus outdoors.
Ben Reilly
Ben Reilly
King of Texas. Gigantic Killer Robot. Robin Hood of Epping Forest. Fifty Shades of Cray.

http://www.newsfixboard.com

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down