NewsFix
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

What is the first thing you will do...

+8
Original Quill
Lurker
eddie
Ben Reilly
gelico
Tommy Monk
Victorismyhero
Syl
12 posters

Page 2 of 2 Previous  1, 2

Go down

What is the first thing you will do... - Page 2 Empty What is the first thing you will do...

Post by Syl Mon May 04, 2020 12:26 pm

First topic message reminder :

..when the lockdown is lifted?
There is talk of easing the lockdown in the coming weeks. When you are free to resume your life, who is the first person you will want to see, hug, have a catch up with...and where is the first place you will want to go?
Syl
Syl
Forum Detective ????‍♀️

Back to top Go down

What is the first thing you will do... - Page 2 Empty Re: What is the first thing you will do...

Post by Guest Sat May 09, 2020 12:47 am

Syl wrote:
Thorin wrote:What will I do?

Take you all out for a pint Smile
Well that should be lively. What is the first thing you will do... - Page 2 630750432

You can eat as the rest of us all dance syl.. cheers

Happy to pay also for your food, but would hope you would come and dance too.. cheers

Back to top Go down

What is the first thing you will do... - Page 2 Empty Re: What is the first thing you will do...

Post by Syl Sat May 09, 2020 3:02 pm

Thorin wrote:
Syl wrote:
Well that should be lively. What is the first thing you will do... - Page 2 630750432

You can eat as the rest of us all dance syl.. cheers

Happy to pay also for your food, but would hope you would come and dance too.. cheers

I prefer to dance than eat, I will have a nice glass or two of chilled Champers though if you are paying. Razz

Just joking, I always stand my round. x
Syl
Syl
Forum Detective ????‍♀️

Back to top Go down

Post by Victorismyhero Sat May 09, 2020 3:31 pm

I'll volunteer to do the eating....
Victorismyhero
Victorismyhero
INTERNAL SECURITY DIRECTOR

Back to top Go down

Post by nicko Sat May 09, 2020 3:59 pm

Load up my Fishing Tackle and head for the River,even if it kill's me ! I would have gone weeks ago, but Tackle Shops are shut, can't get any Maggots. I know several places where there's no one else around for miles !
nicko
nicko
Forum Detective ????‍♀️

Back to top Go down

Post by Syl Sun May 10, 2020 12:32 pm

Syl wrote:..when the lockdown is lifted?
There is talk of easing the lockdown in the coming weeks. When you are free to resume your life, who is the first person you will want to see, hug, have a catch up with...and where is the first place you will want to go?

Well in answer to me....the lockdown is about to be lifted in England, instead of the advice 'Stay home', we will now be given the advice to 'Stay alert'.
I for one will not be taking my lead from the government, I am staying home....till I decide it's safe not them.

History tells us that the last pandemic that devastated the world took far more lives in the second and third waves than the initial wave. In exess of 15 million are thought to have died from Spanish flu, and the majority fell victim AFTER the first wave had passed.
Syl
Syl
Forum Detective ????‍♀️

Back to top Go down

Post by Original Quill Sun May 10, 2020 4:13 pm

I don't think the lockdown has any effect...it's really advisory only.

What I mean is that people are not being held back. They are holding themselves back. When the grid is lifted, half of them will return to work, or whatever they want to do, half of them won't.

Six months later, if the virus does not return, everyone will be milling about. If the virus does return, the cautious one's who stayed at home will be thankful.

Either way, the economy is going to take a hit. It will be a greater hit if the virus returns in a second, third and/or fourth wave. But it's going to take a hit because people make their own choices.

Original Quill
Forum Detective ????‍♀️

Back to top Go down

Post by Syl Sun May 10, 2020 10:56 pm

Many people wont be able to make their own choices . If schools reopen will parents have the choice whether to keep their kids home?
If their jobs resume will they be able to refuse to work?
Ideally everyone should have the option to choose to stay home and wait to see if a second wave comes, in practice  that wont happen.
Syl
Syl
Forum Detective ????‍♀️

Back to top Go down

Post by eddie Mon May 11, 2020 12:17 am

I posted up something in Coronavirus news about schools.
eddie
eddie
King of Beards. Keeper of the Whip. Top Chef. BEES!!!!!! Mushroom muncher. Spider aficionado!

Back to top Go down

Post by Original Quill Mon May 11, 2020 12:53 am

Syl wrote:Many people wont be able to make their own choices . If schools reopen will parents have the choice whether to keep their kids home?
Ideally everyone should have the option to choose to stay home and wait to see if a second wave comes, in practice  that wont happen.

You can't force them.  If people think their lives are in danger--or, more importantly, the lives of their children-- they can live with poverty and misery.

Original Quill
Forum Detective ????‍♀️

Back to top Go down

Post by eddie Mon May 11, 2020 2:22 am

Original Quill wrote:
Syl wrote:Many people wont be able to make their own choices . If schools reopen will parents have the choice whether to keep their kids home?

You can't force them.  If people think their lives are in danger--or, more importantly, the lives of their children-- they can live with poverty and misery.

Well, of course, that’s easy to say when you aren’t poor.
eddie
eddie
King of Beards. Keeper of the Whip. Top Chef. BEES!!!!!! Mushroom muncher. Spider aficionado!

Back to top Go down

Post by Original Quill Mon May 11, 2020 4:48 am

eddie wrote:
Original Quill wrote:

Think of it from the other ramparts: when your life is threatened.

Original Quill
Forum Detective ????‍♀️

Back to top Go down

Post by Syl Mon May 11, 2020 12:41 pm

Original Quill wrote:
eddie wrote:

I had this conversation with my son today.

He is a scaffolder, his job relies on being able to trust and sometimes work closely with one or more team mates. The advice that construction workers, amongst others, should be able to return to work is dangerous.
My son is adamant he wont be going, he could risk his job by refusing if others agree to return....and as others may desperately need the money odds are many will return.

Like my son said when I pointed this out.....dead people don't need to pay bills do they?.
Syl
Syl
Forum Detective ????‍♀️

Back to top Go down

Post by Syl Mon May 11, 2020 12:45 pm

The pictures today of tubes in London being packed with no hope of social distancing seems to suggest that England is nowhere near equipped to start the return to work.

Seems Scotland, Ireland and Wales, who don't support Boris's new advice and are sticking to the 'Stay home' mantra.....have it right.
Syl
Syl
Forum Detective ????‍♀️

Back to top Go down

Post by Original Quill Mon May 11, 2020 4:45 pm

Syl wrote:
Original Quill wrote:

He is a scaffolder, his job relies on being able to trust and sometimes work closely with one or more team mates. The advice that construction workers, amongst others, should be able to return to work is dangerous.
My son is adamant he wont be going, he could risk his job by refusing if others agree to return....and as others may desperately need the money odds are many will return.

Like my son said when I pointed this out.....dead people don't need to pay bills do they?.

They also don't get to enjoy life, family, holidays, and a host of other of life's benefits.  Ask your son, would he commit suicide?  Because that is what he is threatening.

As an aside, Do you know how rich people got rich?  By not selling themselves short.  When demand goes up, they up the price of their product.  Least of all do they risk their lives. But I admire his pluck.

Workers, like sheep, forget this.  The successful man, most of all, keeps himself alive.  Then he evaluates the demand for his product, and raises the price when demand goes up.

Your son has immense skills, for which demand is high--higher still, given the shortage of competitors.  He had two imperatives: (1) don't allow yourself to die; and (2) get the right price for his product.  If he is worried about paying bills, he's already in the loser’s bracket.

The pandemic creates a shortage of his product.  He shouldn't worry about paying bills; he should worry if he's charging enough for his product.  If they want him to go back to work, tell 'em the price just doubled.  That's the way you pay bills...and have a summer home in the Hamptons as well.  Twisted Evil

Original Quill
Forum Detective ????‍♀️

Back to top Go down

Post by Syl Mon May 11, 2020 5:03 pm

Original Quill wrote:
Syl wrote:

They also don't get to enjoy life, family, holidays, and a host of other of life's benefits.  Ask your son, would he commit suicide?  Because that is what he is threatening.

As an aside, Do you know how rich people got rich?  By not selling themselves short.  When demand goes up, they up the price of their product.  Least of all do they risk their lives.  But I admire his pluck.

Workers, like sheep, forget this.  The successful man, most of all, keeps himself alive.  Then he evaluates the demand for his product, and raises the price when demand goes up.

Your son has immense skills, for which demand is high--higher still, given the shortage of competitors.  He had two imperatives: (1) don't allow yourself to die; and (2) get the right price for his product.  If he is worried about paying bills, he's already in the loser’s bracket.

The pandemic creates a shortage of his product.  He shouldn't worry about paying bills; he should worry if he's charging enough for his product.  If they want him to go back to work, tell 'em the price just doubled.  That's the way you pay bills...and have a summer home in the Hamptons as well.  Twisted Evil

Swap The Hamptons for Wilmslow Cheshire and I know what you mean. Razz

My son, a bit like me, has a mind of his own, if he says he isn't prepared to work under the conditions he will be expected to, he wont go, simple as that.
He enjoys life more than cash....and so far he has always managed to land on his feet sticking to his own principles.
Syl
Syl
Forum Detective ????‍♀️

Back to top Go down

Post by eddie Mon May 11, 2020 8:27 pm

Syl wrote:The pictures today of tubes in London being packed with no hope of social distancing seems to suggest that England is nowhere near equipped to start the return to work.

Seems Scotland, Ireland and Wales, who don't support Boris's new advice and are sticking to the 'Stay home' mantra.....have it right.

Agreed. I’m about to be called back to work any time soon.
eddie
eddie

Back to top Go down

Post by Tommy Monk Mon May 11, 2020 10:43 pm

TFL is controlled by the London mayor...

The current London mayor is labours Saddiqe Khan... and he is only allowing a very limited amount of TFL services to be run still...

Which is forcing commuters to have to endure being packed like sardines into the services that are running... Instead of him allowing regular numbers of services to run which would give commuters the space to practice more social distancing and giving commuters easier faster commuting journeys...

Tommy Monk
Tommy Monk
Forum Detective ????‍♀️

Back to top Go down

Post by Victorismyhero Mon May 11, 2020 11:30 pm

Yay.... my favourite trout lake is open from wednesday cheers

Now all i want is for my favourite clay shooting ground to do likewise
Victorismyhero
Victorismyhero

Back to top Go down

Post by Syl Mon May 11, 2020 11:32 pm

eddie wrote:
Syl wrote:The pictures today of tubes in London being packed with no hope of social distancing seems to suggest that England is nowhere near equipped to start the return to work.

Agreed. I’m about to be called back to work any time soon.
Well i sincerely hope they can offer a safe environment for you to work in Eddie.
Stay safe.x
Syl
Syl
Forum Detective ????‍♀️

Back to top Go down

Post by Maddog Mon May 11, 2020 11:46 pm

I think we are down to paying folks to ride public transportation in Texas. Razz

Texans never really embraced it, and riding in a metal cylinder with a bunch of strangers doesn't really sound very appealing now. Not that it ever did.
Maddog
Maddog
The newsfix Queen

Back to top Go down

Post by Syl Tue May 12, 2020 12:11 am

Maddog wrote:

I think we are down to paying folks to ride public transportation in Texas. Razz

Texans never really embraced it, and riding in a metal cylinder with a bunch of strangers doesn't really sound very appealing now. Not that it ever did.
All Texans ride horses, they dont need public transport.
I watched every series of Dallas so i know. Cool
Syl
Syl
Forum Detective ????‍♀️

Back to top Go down

Post by eddie Tue May 12, 2020 12:37 am

Syl wrote:
Maddog wrote:

Yep. I can’t get Ben off his horse.
eddie
eddie

Back to top Go down

Post by Syl Tue May 12, 2020 12:40 am

eddie wrote:
Syl wrote:

Yep. I can’t get Ben off his horse.
Pic please, or i wont believe it. Razz
Syl
Syl
Forum Detective ????‍♀️

Back to top Go down

Post by Maddog Tue May 12, 2020 12:50 am

Syl wrote:
Maddog wrote:

Well, there's that too.

I mean I do ride the train for a sort of excursion now and then.

But I sorta feel sorry for folks that have to ride them.
Maddog
Maddog
The newsfix Queen

Back to top Go down

Post by Syl Tue May 12, 2020 12:12 pm

Maddog wrote:
Syl wrote:

Well, there's that too.

I mean I do ride the train for a sort of excursion now and then.

But I sorta feel sorry for folks that have to ride them.
Me too....the last train I went on was a scenic coastal and mountain trip on a steam train in Wales.

Many cities and towns have cut the public transport to the bare minimum, I doubt by Wednesday (tomorrow) the service will be providing safe social distance for the passengers who will be returning to work.

Syl
Syl
Forum Detective ????‍♀️

Back to top Go down

Post by Victorismyhero Tue May 12, 2020 4:10 pm

Syl wrote:
Original Quill wrote:
Syl wrote:

As an aside, Do you know how rich people got rich?  By not selling themselves short.  When demand goes up, they up the price of their product.  Least of all do they risk their lives.  But I admire his pluck.

Swap The Hamptons for Wilmslow Cheshire and I know what you mean. Razz

My son, a bit like me, has a mind of his own, if he says he isn't prepared to work under the conditions he will be expected to, he wont go, simple as that.
He enjoys life more than cash....and so far he has always managed to land on his feet sticking to his own principles.

just up the road from me then ......
Victorismyhero
Victorismyhero

Back to top Go down

Post by Syl Tue May 12, 2020 4:40 pm

Do you feature in 'The housewives of Cheshire' Victor? Wink
Syl
Syl
Forum Detective ????‍♀️

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down

Page 2 of 2 Previous  1, 2