NewsFix
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Trump's new press secretary promised not to lie.

4 posters

Go down

Trump's new press secretary promised not to lie. Empty Trump's new press secretary promised not to lie.

Post by Guest Sun May 03, 2020 5:14 pm

https://www.bbc.co.uk/news/av/world-us-canada-52511073/kayleigh-mcenany-promises-not-to-lie-as-white-house-press-secretary?utm_referrer=https%3A%2F%2Fzen.yandex.com

That actually made me laugh out loud.

They are only employed on their ability to lie.

Back to top Go down

Trump's new press secretary promised not to lie. Empty Re: Trump's new press secretary promised not to lie.

Post by Lurker Sun May 03, 2020 8:48 pm

Yep. They are all pathological liars. Anybody associated with Trump is a liar...except for Fauci.
Lurker
Lurker
Forum Detective ????‍♀️

Back to top Go down

Trump's new press secretary promised not to lie. Empty Re: Trump's new press secretary promised not to lie.

Post by Guest Sun May 03, 2020 9:08 pm

Not sure why this has appeared twice. Haven't been on the internet since I posted the original thread.

Back to top Go down

Post by Original Quill Mon May 04, 2020 12:30 am

Lurker wrote:Yep. They are all pathological liars. Anybody associated with Trump is a liar...except for Fauci.

But if you point that out, they lie about being pathological liars. At this point, it's just rejecting communication.

Original Quill
Forum Detective ????‍♀️

Back to top Go down

Post by Lurker Mon May 04, 2020 1:22 pm

Original Quill wrote:
Lurker wrote:Yep. They are all pathological liars. Anybody associated with Trump is a liar...except for Fauci.

But if you point that out, they lie about being pathological liars.  At this point, it's just rejecting communication.

TRUE!
Lurker
Lurker
Forum Detective ????‍♀️

Back to top Go down

Post by Ben Reilly Thu May 07, 2020 8:54 pm

Republicans simply don't want to be challenged, criticized or second-guessed. They don't want to hear anything besides praise and agreement.

Democrats will beat themselves up, practically rip their shirts after a devastating election loss. I remember Eric Cantor wanted to do the same thing after the GOP was wiped out in a mid-term election and he was loudly shouted down by the leading lights of the right.

He wanted to tour the country and listen to people's criticisms of the Republican Party, and I believe it was Rush Limbaugh who said that Cantor shouldn't be listening, he should be lecturing.
Ben Reilly
Ben Reilly
King of Texas. Gigantic Killer Robot. Robin Hood of Epping Forest. Fifty Shades of Cray.

http://www.newsfixboard.com

Back to top Go down

Post by Original Quill Thu May 07, 2020 11:37 pm

Ben Reilly wrote:Republicans simply don't want to be challenged, criticized or second-guessed. They don't want to hear anything besides praise and agreement.

Who does that? What is that frame of mind? Authoritarianism, right?

Republicans, since Goldwater, have moved slowly away from democracy. If they lose, as McConnell shows, they resort to devices and trickery.

It's not worth continuing to play with them. God bless the Pacific States of America. Twisted Evil

Original Quill
Forum Detective ????‍♀️

Back to top Go down

Post by Ben Reilly Thu May 07, 2020 11:57 pm

I often wonder if, in general, Republicans support their own way of life more than they support democracy. I think it has reached that point -- they'd rather have Trump as dictator than have free elections.
Ben Reilly
Ben Reilly
King of Texas. Gigantic Killer Robot. Robin Hood of Epping Forest. Fifty Shades of Cray.

Back to top Go down

Post by eddie Fri May 08, 2020 12:12 am

I’m uncomfortable painting ALL republicans as villains.

It doesn’t make sense.
eddie
eddie
King of Beards. Keeper of the Whip. Top Chef. BEES!!!!!! Mushroom muncher. Spider aficionado!

Back to top Go down

Post by Original Quill Fri May 08, 2020 12:32 am

eddie wrote:I’m uncomfortable painting ALL republicans as villains.

It doesn’t make sense.

Yeah, but they behave very much like a cult. Jim Jones was able to convince an otherwise intelligent group of people that they would be better off drinking Kool-aid laced with cyanide. Republicans, in the face of clear evidence of espionage and unconstitutional behavior, also decided to drink the Kool-aid.

Whether or not we call them villains, they will destroy the US within 5-6 years. Let's bypass the psychobabble and simply declare them 'gone'.

Thereafter, those we can make a case on, we prosecute. If some of them get away, it's no worse than what happened to the Italian Mafia.

Original Quill
Forum Detective ????‍♀️

Back to top Go down

Post by Ben Reilly Fri May 08, 2020 1:01 am

eddie wrote:I’m uncomfortable painting ALL republicans as villains.

It doesn’t make sense.

That is why I said "in general," because I know plenty of Republicans who are good people. I just worry about the direction of their party's leaders.

There are, for example, people who say, "I only vote Republican because they keep my taxes low." But what they don't seem to realize is that when you vote for the Republican Party, you are voting for everything they stand for. You better make sure you can at least live with the rest of their agenda, but I think a lot of them sort of have blinders on.

The hardcore, enthusiastic Republicans are all about limiting immigration, outlawing abortion, allowing guns to proliferate unchecked, repealing gay marriage, abusing the environment and imposing a more "Christian" lifestyle on the public whether people agree or not. I can't stand with any of that. If that means I'm calling that type of Republican a villain, I'm comfortable with that.
Ben Reilly
Ben Reilly

Back to top Go down

Post by eddie Fri May 08, 2020 1:08 am

I simply dislike tarring everyone in the same club, with the same brush.

Just saying.

I’ll leave y’all to it. Razz
eddie
eddie
King of Beards. Keeper of the Whip. Top Chef. BEES!!!!!! Mushroom muncher. Spider aficionado!

Back to top Go down

Post by Original Quill Fri May 08, 2020 1:16 am

And the truth is, they actually raise taxes or stress the economy, as they did in 2008. Think of the bail-outs in 2008. Think of the cost of that useless war that they had to lie to get into. Think of the corporate tax cuts, which unburdened the rich, and put the burden on the poor and middle-class.

Now, we are again seeing a Republican habit that costs us money. Trump was all about removing regulations--public protections--that were inconvenient to corporate executives. A part of that effort was the destruction of the Department of Health and Human Services, including the CDC, the FDA and the thousands of programs they underwrote. Trump also dismantled the Pandemic Response Group, and all of the findings that they have compiled.

You have to chalk up most of the astounding costs we are now encountering, to Trump. He let go of the plot, and allowed this all to happen. Republicans, so far from saving money, inevitably fuck it up and end up costing, indeed wasting, our money. WTF, it was cheaper when they just dipped their fingers into the till.

Original Quill
Forum Detective ????‍♀️

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down