NewsFix
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Coronavirus rules...except they’re not rules, but they are

+8
Lurker
Syl
Cass
Victorismyhero
Original Quill
Ben Reilly
Maddog
eddie
12 posters

Page 1 of 2 1, 2  Next

Go down

Coronavirus rules...except they’re not rules, but they are Empty Coronavirus rules...except they’re not rules, but they are

Post by eddie Wed Apr 15, 2020 10:15 pm

Copied from anon, of Facebook:

🤣😂🤣😂🤣😂Here are the official Coronavirus guidelines:
Contradiction virus 👈🏽🤷‍�

1. Basically, you can't leave the house for any reason, but if you have to, then you can.

2. Masks are useless, but maybe you have to wear one, it can save you, it is useless, but maybe it is mandatory as well.

3. Stores are closed, except those that are open.

4. You should not go to hospitals unless you have to go there. Same applies to doctors, you should only go there in case of emergency, provided you are not too sick.

5. This virus is deadly but still not too scary, except that sometimes it actually leads to a global disaster.

6. Gloves won't help, but they can still help.

7. Everyone needs to stay HOME, but it's important to GO OUT.

8. There is no shortage of groceries in the supermarket, but there are many things missing when you go there in the evening, but not in the morning. Sometimes.

9. The virus has no effect on children except those it affects.

10. Animals are not affected, but there is still a cat that tested positive in Belgium in February when no one had been tested, plus a few tigers here and there…

11. You will have many symptoms when you are sick, but you can also get sick without symptoms, have symptoms without being sick, or be contagious without having symptoms. Oh, my..

12. In order not to get sick, you have to eat well and exercise, but eat whatever you have on hand and it's better not to go out, well, but no…

13. It's better to get some fresh air, but you get looked at very wrong when you get some fresh air, and most importantly, you don't go to parks or walk. But don’t sit down, except that you can do that now if you are old, but not for too long or if you are pregnant (but not too old).

14. You can't go to retirement homes, but you have to take care of the elderly and bring food and medication.

15. If you are sick, you can't go out, but you can go to the pharmacy.

16. You can get restaurant food delivered to the house, which may have been prepared by people who didn't wear masks or gloves. But you have to have your groceries decontaminated outside for 3 hours. Pizza too?

17. Every disturbing article or disturbing interview starts with "I don't want to trigger panic, but…"

18. You can't see your older mother or grandmother, but you can take a taxi and meet an older taxi driver.

19. You can walk around with a friend but not with your family if they don't live under the same roof.

20. You are safe if you maintain the appropriate social distance, but you can’t go out with friends or strangers at the safe social distance.

21. The virus remains active on different surfaces for two hours, no, four, no, six, no, we didn't say hours, maybe days? But it takes a damp environment. Oh no, not necessarily.

22. The virus stays in the air - well no, or yes, maybe, especially in a closed room, in one hour a sick person can infect ten, so if it falls, all our children were already infected at school before it was closed. But remember, if you stay at the recommended social distance, however in certain circumstances you should maintain a greater distance, which, studies show, the virus can travel further, maybe.

23. We count the number of deaths but we don't know how many people are infected as we have only tested so far those who were "almost dead" to find out if that's what they will die of…

24. We have no treatment, except that there may be one that apparently is not dangerous unless you take too much (which is the case with all medications).

25. We should stay locked up until the virus disappears, but it will only disappear if we achieve collective immunity, so when it circulates… but we must no longer be locked up for that?

eddie
eddie
King of Beards. Keeper of the Whip. Top Chef. BEES!!!!!! Mushroom muncher. Spider aficionado!

Back to top Go down

Coronavirus rules...except they’re not rules, but they are Empty Re: Coronavirus rules...except they’re not rules, but they are

Post by Maddog Wed Apr 15, 2020 11:08 pm

Yeah, that's been floating around libertarian pages.

You shouldn't be hanging around those places.
Maddog
Maddog
The newsfix Queen

Back to top Go down

Coronavirus rules...except they’re not rules, but they are Empty Re: Coronavirus rules...except they’re not rules, but they are

Post by Ben Reilly Wed Apr 15, 2020 11:23 pm

Maddog wrote:Yeah, that's been floating around libertarian pages.

You mean places that say we should trust people to make their own decisions and that people can't be trusted because they don't immediately know everything about something that originated about four months ago?
Ben Reilly
Ben Reilly
King of Texas. Gigantic Killer Robot. Robin Hood of Epping Forest. Fifty Shades of Cray.

http://www.newsfixboard.com

Back to top Go down

Post by Original Quill Wed Apr 15, 2020 11:45 pm

Ben Reilly wrote:

You mean places that say we should trust people to make their own decisions and that people can't be trusted because they don't immediately know everything about something that originated about four months ago?

Coronavirus rules...except they’re not rules, but they are Mixed-breed-dogs-4

That's too complicated, and I'm tired.

Original Quill
Forum Detective ????‍♀️

Back to top Go down

Post by Ben Reilly Thu Apr 16, 2020 1:10 am

Original Quill wrote:
Ben Reilly wrote:

Coronavirus rules...except they’re not rules, but they are Mixed-breed-dogs-4

That's too complicated, and I'm tired.

It's not complicated, really, just contradictory.

The only way to resolve it is to conclude that people in the government (and really, that people with other influential jobs outside the consumption-driven private sector, such as scientists and journalists -- basically, "the establishment") aren't actual people.

Until people understand that car mechanics and reporters, CEOs and politicians, scientists and architects are all people, all pretty much the same, we'll continue to have those who divide such people into camps -- usually, the camps of "those doddering, out-of-touch politicians" and "us regular folk with common sense."

We all live in the same ecosystem; we're all parts of the same big machine.
Ben Reilly
Ben Reilly
King of Texas. Gigantic Killer Robot. Robin Hood of Epping Forest. Fifty Shades of Cray.

http://www.newsfixboard.com

Back to top Go down

Post by Victorismyhero Thu Apr 16, 2020 2:36 am

Dont get me started....

the "rules" are quite straight forward and common sense (at least here in the UK) and if you cant understand them...well perhaps you are too stupid to survive. But dont take me or anyone I care about with you.

The fkkin brain dead libertarians would have had kittens if the govt had laid down crystal clear ice hard rules, and there would be even more idiotic conspiracy stupidity about "its a back door to global control of the population , they are going to turn you all into zombies."

To solve the problem (and many others) just round up the bloody idiots and the wankers that empower them with their libertarian crap as posted above and shoot the bloody lot.

BECAUSE...you know that poor young pregnant nurse that died today ....and left a newborn baby ......
well her DEATH is now on you rule breakers concience.....YOU (rule breakers and excusers AND EMPOWERERS OF RULE BREAKERS) are part of the problem spreading this virus around........yes our govt acted late and has made mistakes ...almost inevitably.....but any further spread is on you......YOU are the evil ones....not mistaken, or suffering lack of understanding, but EVIL, SELFISH and CRUEL.

STAY THE FUCK AT HOME, unless for the specified reason ...THEN take great care and follow the given advice. The one thing I disagree with the health advice is with regards to masks....they probably wont help YOU (unless its a good one ..n95 or better and fitted properly) but even a scarf will help stop your snot and sneezes travelling so far and thus protect others......
Victorismyhero
Victorismyhero
INTERNAL SECURITY DIRECTOR

Back to top Go down

Post by Cass Thu Apr 16, 2020 3:15 am

Victorismyhero wrote:Dont get me started....

the "rules" are quite straight forward and common sense (at least here in the UK)  and if you cant understand them...well perhaps you are too stupid to survive. But dont take me or anyone I care about with you.

The fkkin brain dead libertarians would have had kittens if the govt had laid down crystal clear ice hard rules, and there would be even more idiotic conspiracy stupidity about "its a back door to global control of the population , they are going to turn you all into zombies."

To solve the problem (and many others) just round up the bloody idiots and the wankers that empower them with their libertarian crap as posted above and shoot the bloody lot.

BECAUSE...you know that poor young pregnant nurse that died today ....and left a newborn baby ......
well her DEATH is now on you rule breakers concience.....YOU (rule breakers and excusers AND EMPOWERERS OF RULE BREAKERS) are part of the problem spreading this virus around........yes our govt acted late and has made mistakes ...almost inevitably.....but any further spread is on you......YOU are the evil ones....not mistaken, or suffering lack of understanding, but EVIL, SELFISH and CRUEL.

STAY THE FUCK AT HOME, unless for the specified reason ...THEN take great care and follow the given advice.  The one thing I disagree with the health advice is with regards to masks....they probably wont help YOU (unless its a good one ..n95 or better and fitted properly) but even a scarf will help stop your snot and sneezes travelling so far and thus protect others......

Louder Vic!!!!!! I love you
Cass
Cass
the Nerd Queen of Nerds, the Lover of Books who Cooks

Back to top Go down

Post by Maddog Thu Apr 16, 2020 6:40 am

the "rules" are quite straight forward and common sense (at least here in the UK)  and if you cant understand them...well perhaps you are too stupid to survive. But dont take me or anyone I care about with you.

STAY THE FUCK AT HOME, unless for the specified reason ...THEN take great care and follow the given advice.  The one thing I disagree with the health advice is with regards to masks....they probably wont help YOU (unless its a good one ..n95 or better and fitted properly) but even a scarf will help stop your snot and sneezes travelling so far and thus protect others......

Shooting them prevents them from spreading the virus.

Why didn't we think of that when we tried to contain AIDS?
Maddog
Maddog
The newsfix Queen

Back to top Go down

Post by Victorismyhero Thu Apr 16, 2020 3:27 pm

and the "stupid virus" that causes libertarianism
Victorismyhero
Victorismyhero

Back to top Go down

Post by Victorismyhero Thu Apr 16, 2020 3:32 pm

And Maddog, you medical half wit....Aids is infectious.....covid is contagious..... and far more virulent Rolling Eyes

Victorismyhero
Victorismyhero

Back to top Go down

Post by Maddog Thu Apr 16, 2020 3:34 pm

Victorismyhero wrote:And Maddog, you medical half wit....Aids is infectious.....covid is contagious..... and far more virulent Rolling Eyes

So no need to shoot people?

Good.
Maddog
Maddog
The newsfix Queen

Back to top Go down

Post by Victorismyhero Thu Apr 16, 2020 3:35 pm

idiot
Victorismyhero
Victorismyhero

Back to top Go down

Post by Victorismyhero Thu Apr 16, 2020 3:35 pm

idiot
Victorismyhero
Victorismyhero

Back to top Go down

Post by Maddog Thu Apr 16, 2020 3:36 pm

Victorismyhero wrote:
and the "stupid virus" that causes libertarianism

Dont worry, you're an obedient subject. You'll never get infected. Wink
Maddog
Maddog
The newsfix Queen

Back to top Go down

Post by Victorismyhero Thu Apr 16, 2020 3:40 pm

thank god for that....

Victorismyhero
Victorismyhero

Back to top Go down

Post by Maddog Thu Apr 16, 2020 3:51 pm

Coronavirus rules...except they’re not rules, but they are Fb_img90
Maddog
Maddog
The newsfix Queen

Back to top Go down

Post by Victorismyhero Thu Apr 16, 2020 4:46 pm

Nah...I'm sufficiently far up the feeding chain to be one of the guys on horseback

YOU would be the peasant.....
lets see
dumb
uneducated
no common sense
no community values
yep...you'd be the the peasant....
Victorismyhero
Victorismyhero

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Thu Apr 16, 2020 4:54 pm

Great post

Back to top Go down

Post by Original Quill Thu Apr 16, 2020 5:23 pm

Thorin wrote:

Great post

It is a good, solid post.  The only thing I would disagree with is, "yes our govt acted late and has made mistakes ...almost inevitably....."  We pay these dumbfooks to watch out for such things as pandemics.  To say that such malfeasance is "inevitable" is is a crime itself.

Regulations are the tsunami-sentinels that we deploy to warn us of pending disasters.  We depend on health departments, researchers and stockpiles to antipate the danger and prepare for it.  To dismantle these efforts under a philosophy of deregulation--or in Britain, austerity--is ultimate stupidity.  Then to have an idiot like Trump try to deny the danger right before him, on the basis of short-term politics, and delay response by some 70-days, is downright criminal.

I think RW'ers feel all eyes glaring at them, because they are still trying to dissuade and deflect. Republican governors are still trying to keep their states open, increasing the chance of spread.

Original Quill
Forum Detective ????‍♀️

Back to top Go down

Post by Maddog Thu Apr 16, 2020 11:08 pm

Victorismyhero wrote:Nah...I'm sufficiently far up the feeding chain to be one of the guys on horseback

lets see
dumb
uneducated
no common sense
no community values

That says quite a bit about how you look upon other members of society.

Must be a British thing.
Maddog
Maddog
The newsfix Queen

Back to top Go down

Post by Original Quill Fri Apr 17, 2020 2:43 am

Maddog wrote:
Victorismyhero wrote:Nah...I'm sufficiently far up the feeding chain to be one of the guys on horseback

lets see
dumb
uneducated
no common sense
no community values

That says quite a bit about how you look upon other members of society.

Must be a British thing.

Says the southerner, while his boot is on the neck of some black man. Rolling Eyes

Original Quill
Forum Detective ????‍♀️

Back to top Go down

Post by Syl Fri Apr 17, 2020 12:40 pm

Rather than following the so called rules, why don't people just use their own common sense. Protecting your safety and the safety of others against an infectious disease is very basic and very simple.

Remember when your kids had infectious diseases...you kept them isolated at home, if you wanted your kids to catch the disease (eg boys and mumps) you allowed them to mix.

It's not rocket science.
Syl
Syl
Forum Detective ????‍♀️

Back to top Go down

Post by Victorismyhero Fri Apr 17, 2020 2:12 pm

Syl wrote:Rather than following the so called rules, why don't people just use their own common sense. Protecting your safety and the safety of others against an infectious disease is very basic and very simple.

Remember when your kids had infectious diseases...you kept them isolated at home, if you wanted your kids to catch the disease (eg boys and mumps) you allowed them to mix.

It's not rocket science.

because today, common sense isnt so common, so rules have to be imposed to handle the vast amount of "stupid people"
Victorismyhero
Victorismyhero

Back to top Go down

Post by eddie Fri Apr 17, 2020 3:24 pm

Well the OP was supposed to be a lighthearted bit of fun, but that soon developed into monkeys flinging their shit about...as usual. Rolling Eyes
eddie
eddie
King of Beards. Keeper of the Whip. Top Chef. BEES!!!!!! Mushroom muncher. Spider aficionado!

Back to top Go down

Post by Victorismyhero Fri Apr 17, 2020 3:27 pm

OOOK OOOK

seriously this is too serious to be funny about.......

sorry but..............
Victorismyhero
Victorismyhero

Back to top Go down

Post by Maddog Fri Apr 17, 2020 4:12 pm

Syl wrote:Rather than following the so called rules, why don't people just use their own common sense. Protecting your safety and the safety of others against an infectious disease is very basic and very simple.

It's not rocket science.

Yup.  Common sense isn't really that difficult.  I'm still working every day, but I'm not doing things exactly the same.  I have adjusted to meet the new reality.

As I'm out and about I see most people doing the same.  

Then there are those that are sitting at home in judgement of everyone else calling them idiots. Shocked

Last edited by Maddog on Fri Apr 17, 2020 4:16 pm; edited 1 time in total
Maddog
Maddog
The newsfix Queen

Back to top Go down

Post by Maddog Fri Apr 17, 2020 4:15 pm

eddie wrote:Well the OP was supposed to be a lighthearted bit of fun, but that soon developed into monkeys flinging their shit about...as usual. Rolling Eyes

And southerners putting their boots on the throats of black folks. Its what we do though. We cant help it. Rolling Eyes

I thought it was funny the first time I read it.

But I'm a peasant so that's to be expected.
Maddog
Maddog
The newsfix Queen

Back to top Go down

Post by Maddog Fri Apr 17, 2020 5:13 pm

Coronavirus rules...except they’re not rules, but they are Fb_img91

One of my nurse friends posted this.

Its reflective of the attitude of all of the nurses I know.

They are showing up to work, getting geared up, squared up and taking this shit on.
Maddog
Maddog
The newsfix Queen

Back to top Go down

Post by Syl Fri Apr 17, 2020 6:35 pm

Maddog wrote:

It's not rocket science.

Yup.  Common sense isn't really that difficult.  I'm still working every day, but I'm not doing things exactly the same.  I have adjusted to meet the new reality.

Then there are those that are sitting at home in judgement of everyone else calling them idiots. Shocked

And others are sneering at the ones sitting at home because they are following the rules and guidelines. Wink
Syl
Syl
Forum Detective ????‍♀️

Back to top Go down

Post by Victorismyhero Fri Apr 17, 2020 6:58 pm

Maddog wrote:Coronavirus rules...except they’re not rules, but they are Fb_img91

One of my nurse friends posted this.

Its reflective of the attitude of all of the nurses I know.  

They are showing up to work, getting geared up, squared up and taking this shit on.  

gloves, extended finger........Is she going to give it a prostate examination?
Victorismyhero
Victorismyhero

Back to top Go down

Post by Maddog Fri Apr 17, 2020 7:26 pm

Syl wrote:
Maddog wrote:

And others are sneering at the ones sitting at home because they are following the rules and guidelines. Wink

Well, the rules and guidelines are different everywhere.
Maddog
Maddog
The newsfix Queen

Back to top Go down

Post by Lurker Sat Apr 18, 2020 11:40 am

Coronavirus rules...except they’re not rules, but they are Covid_12
Lurker
Lurker
Forum Detective ????‍♀️

Back to top Go down

Post by Original Quill Sat Apr 18, 2020 5:47 pm

Maddog wrote:
Syl wrote:

Yet the virus is the same everywhere. Rolling Eyes

Original Quill
Forum Detective ????‍♀️

Back to top Go down

Post by Cass Sat Apr 18, 2020 6:07 pm

Original Quill wrote:
Maddog wrote:

Yet the virus is the same everywhere.  Rolling Eyes

Exactly. So why all the differences? It’s very arbitrary this virus. Kind of like a tornado. Will blow one house to smithereens yet next door has no damage. The unpredictability is what makes it so dangerous.
Cass
Cass

Back to top Go down

Post by Original Quill Sat Apr 18, 2020 6:29 pm

Cass wrote:
Original Quill wrote:

Exactly. So why all the differences? It’s very arbitrary this virus. Kind of like a tornado. Will blow one house to smithereens yet next door has no damage. The unpredictability is what makes it so dangerous.

Trump's strategy. He wants to play divide and conquer. His strategy is some areas open, others closed...for now. The ones he will play to open, will be the Republican states. It's a big risk: death by coronavirus could diminish the Republican voter ranks.

And he wants to put his thumb on the scale by not having any testing. No testing...people don't see how bad it is. He's turning a physical/scientific question into a political debate. Republicans just fall for it. Nothing is normal anymore.

Original Quill
Forum Detective ????‍♀️

Back to top Go down

Post by Victorismyhero Sat Apr 18, 2020 6:55 pm

and meanwhile your death rate is on an increasing logarithmic curve
Victorismyhero
Victorismyhero

Back to top Go down

Post by Original Quill Sat Apr 18, 2020 7:14 pm

Victorismyhero wrote:and meanwhile your death rate is on an increasing logarithmic curve

Hopefully, the ones getting gaffed are the Republicans.  They are the ones following Trump's lead.

What was that line in Sahara "...cut the head off of the snake."

Original Quill
Forum Detective ????‍♀️

Back to top Go down

Post by Victorismyhero Sat Apr 18, 2020 7:22 pm

Ask not for whom the bell tolls
Lest it tolls for thee
Victorismyhero
Victorismyhero

Back to top Go down

Post by Victorismyhero Sat Apr 18, 2020 7:23 pm

Previous

For Whom the Bell Tolls
by
John Donne

Next

No man is an island,
Entire of itself.
Each is a piece of the continent,
A part of the main.
If a clod be washed away by the sea,
Europe is the less.
As well as if a promontory were.
As well as if a manor of thine own
Or of thine friend's were.
Each man's death diminishes me,
For I am involved in mankind.
Therefore, send not to know
For whom the bell tolls,
It tolls for thee.
Victorismyhero
Victorismyhero

Back to top Go down

Post by Original Quill Sat Apr 18, 2020 7:57 pm

I always loved that poem of Donne's. But it doesn't account for suicides.

If Republicans want to kill themselves, I guess I'll have to live with tolling bells.

Original Quill
Forum Detective ????‍♀️

Back to top Go down

Post by Victorismyhero Sat Apr 18, 2020 8:02 pm

trouble is..how many dems are they going to take with em
Victorismyhero
Victorismyhero

Back to top Go down

Post by Original Quill Sat Apr 18, 2020 9:04 pm

Victorismyhero wrote:trouble is..how many dems are they going to take with em

Yep, that's a problem.  But my bet is the people who risk themselves will get it worse.  With dems, at least one party is conscious of, and practicing social distancing.

Original Quill
Forum Detective ????‍♀️

Back to top Go down

Post by Maddog Sun Apr 19, 2020 2:15 am

Cass wrote:
Original Quill wrote:

This is more like a hurricane.

Cat 5's are not the same as Cat 1's and people shouldn't react the same.

This thing is a not hitting everyone the same.
Maddog
Maddog
The newsfix Queen

Back to top Go down

Post by Victorismyhero Sun Apr 19, 2020 2:19 am

no you cretin, but no one knows how hard it will hit THEM

Victorismyhero
Victorismyhero

Back to top Go down

Post by Victorismyhero Sun Apr 19, 2020 2:20 am

only tonight I heard another friend has lost his 27 year old nephew to this abomination a young man taken far too soon, who had no underlying health issues....
Victorismyhero
Victorismyhero

Back to top Go down

Post by eddie Sun Apr 19, 2020 2:23 am

Victorismyhero wrote:only tonight I heard another friend has lost his 27 year old nephew to this abomination a young man taken far too soon, who had no underlying health issues....

That’s awful. I’m sorry to hear that. Truly.
eddie
eddie

Back to top Go down

Post by Maddog Sun Apr 19, 2020 2:26 am

Victorismyhero wrote:no you cretin, but no one knows how hard it will hit THEM

That's the same for most illnesses.

That doesn't change the fact that there are many different protocols taking place in relation to this virus, depending on how a great a threat it is.

Same way people 50 miles in from the coast prepare for hurricanes differently than folks on the coast, even though both face risk.

A measured response means a different response based on the threat.
Maddog
Maddog
The newsfix Queen

Back to top Go down

Post by Cass Sun Apr 19, 2020 3:08 am

Victorismyhero wrote:only tonight I heard another friend has lost his 27 year old nephew to this abomination a young man taken far too soon, who had no underlying health issues....

I’m so sorry Vic x
Cass
Cass

Back to top Go down

Post by 'Wolfie Sun Apr 19, 2020 9:41 am

Maddog wrote:

Shooting them prevents them from spreading the virus.

Why didn't we think of that when we tried to contain AIDS?

Rolling Eyes

You really are one stupid, braindead and overly-selfish twat, FatDog.
'Wolfie
'Wolfie
Forum Detective ????‍♀️

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Sun Apr 19, 2020 9:56 am

It will be a good day, no, the BEST day when Trump catches and succumbs to the virus. He always has the best.

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down

Page 1 of 2 1, 2  Next