NewsFix
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Iran appointed by UN on judging women's rights!

5 posters

Go down

Iran appointed by UN on judging women's rights! Empty Iran appointed by UN on judging women's rights!

Post by inmyopinion Mon Apr 13, 2020 12:14 pm

Is this akin to putting a wolf in charge of a flock of sheep?

or could it help women be heard in countries they seldom have a voice?
inmyopinion
inmyopinion
Forum Detective ????‍♀️

Back to top Go down

Iran appointed by UN on judging women's rights! Empty Re: Iran appointed by UN on judging women's rights!

Post by Maddog Mon Apr 13, 2020 4:04 pm

Saudi led the human rights commission.

The UN pivots back and forth from corrupt to useless.
Maddog
Maddog
The newsfix Queen

Back to top Go down

Iran appointed by UN on judging women's rights! Empty Re: Iran appointed by UN on judging women's rights!

Post by nicko Mon Apr 13, 2020 4:15 pm

I saw the UN in action {or inaction} in Bosnia,a total dead loss, responsible for thousands of deaths .1 Serb captured around 100 UN soldiers, I use the word Soldiers with contempt , they would not fight ,rather sit down in Barracks and play Cards !
nicko
nicko
Forum Detective ????‍♀️

Back to top Go down

Post by Original Quill Mon Apr 13, 2020 5:37 pm

inmyopinion wrote:Is this akin to putting a wolf in charge of a flock of sheep?

or could it help women be heard in countries they seldom have a voice?

Haha...as you say, that's your opinion.

The appointment is valid. No sense in substituting your opinion for another.

Original Quill
Forum Detective ????‍♀️

Back to top Go down

Post by Victorismyhero Mon Apr 13, 2020 6:56 pm

valid it may be
wise, useful effective are different matters...
Victorismyhero
Victorismyhero
INTERNAL SECURITY DIRECTOR
INTERNAL SECURITY DIRECTOR

Back to top Go down

Post by Original Quill Thu Apr 16, 2020 4:34 am

Victorismyhero wrote:valid it may be

Yep. I respect your right to an opinion. Don't agree...but, meh.

Original Quill
Forum Detective ????‍♀️

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Thu Apr 16, 2020 8:16 am

Original Quill wrote:
Victorismyhero wrote:valid it may be

Yep.  I respect your right to an opinion.  Don't agree...but, meh.

Well by what understanding does the authorities in Iran have. To advise on women's rights at the UN, when many women in Iran are denied basic human rights?

Back to top Go down

Post by Original Quill Thu Apr 16, 2020 5:54 pm

Thorin wrote:
Original Quill wrote:

Yep.  I respect your right to an opinion.  Don't agree...but, meh.

Well by what understanding does the authorities in Iran have. To advise on women's rights at the UN, when many women in Iran are denied basic human rights?

I believe Iran is a member of the UN, with all rights and privileges as appropriate.

Original Quill
Forum Detective ????‍♀️

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Thu Apr 16, 2020 6:33 pm

Original Quill wrote:
Thorin wrote:

I believe Iran is a member of the UN, with all rights and privileges as appropriate.

That does not answer my question

Also considering countries with authoritarian political systems outnumber democratic systems. Its not hard for nations that abuse humans rights. To be voted onto such positions

Hence as stated the Un is no longer fit for purpose

Now if you could actually answer my question this time?

Back to top Go down

Post by Original Quill Thu Apr 16, 2020 6:45 pm

Thorin wrote:
Original Quill wrote:

Also considering countries with authoritarian political systems outnumber democratic systems. Its not hard for nations that abuse humans rights. To be voted onto such positions,

Well...then you got to get in there and make sure your nation represents your interests. In a democracy, the line between the yeas and the nays is the formula.

Thorin wrote:Hence as stated the Un is no longer fit for purpose.

It's run on democratic principles. I shudder to think what might be the alternative.

Original Quill
Forum Detective ????‍♀️

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Thu Apr 16, 2020 6:55 pm

Original Quill wrote:
Thorin wrote:

Also considering countries with authoritarian political systems outnumber democratic systems. Its not hard for nations that abuse humans rights. To be voted onto such positions,

Well...then you got to get in there and make sure your nation represents your interests.  In a democracy, the line between the yeas and the nays is the formula.

Thorin wrote:Hence as stated the Un is no longer fit for purpose.

It's run on democratic principles.  I shudder to think what might be the alternative.

Gobbledegook

I see you are deliberately side stepping the question

Maybe you need reminding

https://newsfix.niceboard.com/t28475-list-of-women-killed-during-iran-protests-in-november-2019

https://newsfix.niceboard.com/t27653-iranian-women-face-10-years-for-sharing-videos-of-hijab-removal

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down