NewsFix
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Iranian women face 10 years for sharing videos of hijab removal

+2
eddie
Original Quill
6 posters

Go down

Iranian women face 10 years for sharing videos of hijab removal Empty Iranian women face 10 years for sharing videos of hijab removal

Post by Guest Tue Jul 30, 2019 9:17 pm

Iranian officials have warned that posting video footage of women removing their mandatory headscarves in public could lead to up 10 years imprisonment, according to media reports yesterday.

The announcement specifically named the US-based social media platform of Masih Alinejad, which since 2014 has been inviting Iranian women to post pictures of themselves without the hijab.

Ms Alinejad has been accused by the Iranian regime of working as an agent of the US government over the website, known as My Stealthy Freedom.

"As Masih Alinejad has a contract with the Americans, all those women who send the video footages of removing their hijab to her will be sentenced between one to 10 years of jail according to the article 508 of the Islamic Criminal Justice Act,” the head of Tehran’s Court of Revolution cleric Mousa Ghazanfarabadi told Fars news.

https://www.telegraph.co.uk/news/2019/07/29/iranian-women-face-10-years-sharing-videos-hijab-removal/

For those interested

https://twitter.com/AlinejadMasih

Back to top Go down

Iranian women face 10 years for sharing videos of hijab removal Empty Re: Iranian women face 10 years for sharing videos of hijab removal

Post by Original Quill Wed Jul 31, 2019 3:41 am

It's their culture. None of my business. No sense in getting all ethnocentric about it.

Original Quill
Forum Detective ????‍♀️

Back to top Go down

Iranian women face 10 years for sharing videos of hijab removal Empty Re: Iranian women face 10 years for sharing videos of hijab removal

Post by Guest Wed Jul 31, 2019 6:53 am

Iran's judiciary has criminialised the act of sending me videos from Iranians. But guess what? Iranian women aren't giving up.

Here's a compilation of their videos where they're #WalkingUnveiled against compulsory hijab. Women's voices can't be censored.
#WhiteWednesdays

https://twitter.com/AlinejadMasih/status/1156310189743759360

video on link

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Wed Jul 31, 2019 7:56 pm

Her name is #YasamanAryani she is one of the youngest women’s right activist who joined #WhiteWednesdays movement against #ForcedHijab .Today Yasaman & her mother #MonirehArabshahi each got 16 yrs jail sentence for their Peaceful activities. Be her voice.

https://twitter.com/AlinejadMasih/status/1156637888529993728

Back to top Go down

Post by eddie Wed Jul 31, 2019 9:45 pm

Original Quill wrote:It's their culture.  None of my business.  No sense in getting all ethnocentric about it.

Erm yes, but many news stories are “none of your business” but you might still give your opinion.

Anyway, here’s mine: totally shocking and barbaric. I would hope that so many Iranian women stand up to this and get this stupid law changed.
eddie
eddie
King of Beards. Keeper of the Whip. Top Chef. BEES!!!!!! Mushroom muncher. Spider aficionado!

Back to top Go down

Post by Ben Reilly Wed Jul 31, 2019 10:30 pm

Fight the power!
Ben Reilly
Ben Reilly
King of Texas. Gigantic Killer Robot. Robin Hood of Epping Forest. Fifty Shades of Cray.

http://www.newsfixboard.com

Back to top Go down

Post by Original Quill Thu Aug 01, 2019 12:02 am

eddie wrote:
Original Quill wrote:It's their culture.  None of my business.  No sense in getting all ethnocentric about it.

Erm yes, but many news stories are “none of your business” but you might still give your opinion.

Precisely.  Now justify how your opinion is superior another's opinion.

They have a culture that forbids removal of headscarves.  We have a culture that cages innocent dark-skinned children.  Go ahead and judge them, and we'll let them judge us.

Original Quill
Forum Detective ????‍♀️

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Thu Aug 01, 2019 8:43 am

I call on world media, female politicians, #MeToo movement: Yesterday Iranian judiciary system said women who film their harassers will face up to 10 years in jail. They want to silence us. Don’t let them.
#MyCameraIsMyWeapon
#WhiteWednesdays

https://twitter.com/AlinejadMasih/status/1156214959728156673

Back to top Go down

Post by eddie Fri Aug 02, 2019 8:49 pm

Original Quill wrote:
eddie wrote:

They have a culture that forbids removal of headscarves.  We have a culture that cages innocent dark-skinned children.  Go ahead and judge them, and we'll let them judge us.

I never said that my opinion was superior and I never said that they couldn’t judge us.
Not sure of what your opinion is on the OP so...... Iranian women face 10 years for sharing videos of hijab removal 2190311264
eddie
eddie
King of Beards. Keeper of the Whip. Top Chef. BEES!!!!!! Mushroom muncher. Spider aficionado!

Back to top Go down

Post by Original Quill Fri Aug 02, 2019 11:06 pm

eddie wrote:
Original Quill wrote:

I never said that my opinion was superior and I never said that they couldn’t judge us.
Not sure of what your opinion is on the OP so...... Iranian women face 10 years for sharing videos of hijab removal 2190311264

I was speaking to the generic 'we'.  My point was that if you accept ethnocentric judging, then it goes both ways...and we (US) don't look so angelic.

The idea of ethnocentrism actually arises out of anthropology, and the attempt at objectivity in the study of other cultures.  Claude Lévi-Strauss, a French  anthropologist and ethnologist, was the father of objectivity in that science.

Lévi-Strauss held: in order to understand and work with a culture, you don't judge, which is to become involved.  Rather, you remain detached.  One tenet of that philosophy is that its wrong to think your cultural ideas are superior to those of other cultures.  From a god's-eye view, no culture has the franchise on right and wrong, good and bad.

The Japanese eat raw chicken.  Is that bad?  The Trobian Islanders allow polygamy.  Is that evil?  Don't judge others, lest you be judged yourself...and right now, we don't look so good.

Original Quill
Forum Detective ????‍♀️

Back to top Go down

Post by eddie Fri Aug 02, 2019 11:32 pm

Quill, just because you’re not proud of your own country right now, it doesn’t mean you can’t comment on your own views regarding others.

Otherwise, what’s the point of debate?
eddie
eddie

Back to top Go down

Post by Original Quill Fri Aug 02, 2019 11:43 pm

eddie wrote:Quill, just because you’re not proud of your own country right now, it doesn’t mean you can’t comment on your own views regarding others.

Of course you are entitled to comment.  That is what we are doing right now.  I didn't use the word 'comment', but 'judge', in my posts.  To judge is to declare a right and wrong, which is much more that a mere discussion.  

The world is bigger than our little microcosm.  Wars have been fought when it comes to judgments.  To judge is to get really serious and severe in your approach.

Original Quill
Forum Detective ????‍♀️

Back to top Go down

Post by eddie Fri Aug 02, 2019 11:46 pm

Original Quill wrote:
eddie wrote:Quill, just because you’re not proud of your own country right now, it doesn’t mean you can’t comment on your own views regarding others.

Of course you are entitled to comment.  That is what we are doing.  I didn't use the word 'comment', but 'judge', in my comments.  To judge is to declare a right and wrong, which is much more that a mere discussion.  

The world is bigger than our little microcosm.  Wars have been fought when it comes to judgments.  To judge is to get really serious and severe in your approach.

I take your points, especially about wars which is something I think you and I tend to find common ground on. I don’t tend to like judging but I can have an opinion, right? And so can you.
eddie
eddie

Back to top Go down

Post by Original Quill Sat Aug 03, 2019 12:02 am

eddie wrote:
Original Quill wrote:

Of course you are entitled to comment.  That is what we are doing.  I didn't use the word 'comment', but 'judge', in my comments.  To judge is to declare a right and wrong, which is much more that a mere discussion.  

I take your points, especially about wars which is something I think you and I tend to find common ground on. I don’t tend to like judging but I can have an opinion, right? And so can you.

Absolutely. And comments are also a form of informing those who do judge. So it's all good.

Original Quill
Forum Detective ????‍♀️

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Sat Aug 03, 2019 6:16 am

#WhiteWednesdays call on international community to condemn the arrest of brave women's rights defender Mojgan Keshavarz who has been sentenced to 23 years imprisonment. Here she is peacefully protesting Iran's degrading #ForcedHijab laws.

https://twitter.com/AlinejadMasih/status/1156924208506712064

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Sat Aug 03, 2019 6:16 am

55 years in prison for 3 women who protested mandatory hijab in Iran

Today I stand up for women's rights and, for the victims who suffer from being forced to wear the hijab and niqab

Iranian women face 10 years for sharing videos of hijab removal EA-wFy8XUAUl6Ym?format=jpg&name=900x900

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Sat Aug 03, 2019 6:18 am

I have said this in debates before. Why are not all Muslim women standing in solidarity with their Muslim sisters here being forced. By taking off their hijabs in support of them? Until such laws are changed?

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Wed Oct 23, 2019 3:27 am

Some say our fight against compulsory hijab is causing “Islamaphobia”. Here is my answer to members of parliament & political leaders in Sweden.

”Women like me who grew up under Sharia laws know first hand about cruelty of these laws & have a right to be afraid of Sharia laws.

https://twitter.com/AlinejadMasih/status/1186634664158515201

Video on link

Back to top Go down

Post by Original Quill Wed Oct 23, 2019 3:37 am

Let them work it out among themselves.  They are going through a transition.

Sure I would like everyone to share our values, but you can't do it by force. Let their cultures evolve on their own time.

Original Quill
Forum Detective ????‍♀️

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Wed Oct 23, 2019 3:41 am

1) A remarkable story of survival and hope after an acid attack in Iran.

Here is my short documentary about Masoumeh Ataei, who lost her eyes but not her dreams. She has become a voice of resistance. This is what true feminism looks like.
#MyStory

https://twitter.com/AlinejadMasih/status/1186572149882003457

Back to top Go down

Post by Original Quill Wed Oct 23, 2019 3:48 am

phildidge wrote:1) A remarkable story of survival and hope after an acid attack in Iran.

Here is my short documentary about Masoumeh Ataei, who lost her eyes but not her dreams. She has become a voice of resistance. This is what true feminism looks like.
#MyStory

https://twitter.com/AlinejadMasih/status/1186572149882003457

And in Texas the shoot blacks.  What else is new?  There's lots of discord in the world.

Let cultures work it out on their own.

Original Quill
Forum Detective ????‍♀️

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Wed Oct 23, 2019 3:49 am

#SabaKordafshari Iranian woman sentenced to 24 years in prison for protesting compulsory hijab, being the voice of unknown victims and challenges the Islamic Republic

https://twitter.com/AlinejadMasih/status/1186603621410058240

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Wed Oct 23, 2019 3:53 am

#WalkingUnveiled in public is banned by Islamic Republic but public execution such as hanging is acceptable. Filming or taking photo of this simple act of protest & sending it to #WhiteWednesdays will be result up to 10 years prison but we won’t give up our civil disobedience.

https://twitter.com/AlinejadMasih/status/1184491858711531521

Back to top Go down

Post by nicko Wed Oct 23, 2019 4:33 am

Time these silly old idiots were put out to Grass !
nicko
nicko
Forum Detective ????‍♀️

Back to top Go down

Post by Eilzel Wed Oct 23, 2019 6:24 am

If anyone ever asks for evidence that Iran remains a backward joke shit hole of a country, send them a link to this news story.
Eilzel
Eilzel
Speaker of the House

Back to top Go down

Post by nicko Wed Oct 23, 2019 10:09 am

From what I'v gathered Les, the younger generation are sick of the old bearded wankers holding them back from joining the 21st Century. It's only a matter of time before they rebel !
nicko
nicko
Forum Detective ????‍♀️

Back to top Go down

Post by Eilzel Wed Oct 23, 2019 10:29 am

nicko wrote:From what I'v gathered Les, the younger generation are sick of the old  bearded wankers holding them back from joining the 21st Century. It's only a matter of time before they rebel !

I've met a few young Iranians (usually well off and don't want to go back) who would agree with this Nicko Smile

(Who'd agree with you I mean)
Eilzel
Eilzel
Speaker of the House

Back to top Go down

Post by Ben Reilly Wed Oct 23, 2019 3:18 pm

Quill, you know where black people get shot a hell of a lot more than in Texas? Africa!

Also, don't we all support people having the freedom to dress and worship as they choose? If so, what is so wrong about saying it?
Ben Reilly
Ben Reilly
King of Texas. Gigantic Killer Robot. Robin Hood of Epping Forest. Fifty Shades of Cray.

http://www.newsfixboard.com

Back to top Go down

Post by Maddog Wed Oct 23, 2019 3:35 pm

Iranian women face 10 years for sharing videos of hijab removal Fb_img33

The girl that shaves my head. She was born in Texas because her parents were fleeing the assholes that run that country. When she went back last year to visit relatives she had to cover her head and of course her arms because of her tats.

It's a shame what has happened to that country.

Ironically, she chose hair as her livelihood.
Maddog
Maddog
The newsfix Queen

Back to top Go down

Post by Original Quill Wed Oct 23, 2019 3:43 pm

Ben Reilly wrote:Quill, you know where black people get shot a hell of a lot more than in Texas? Africa!

Why don't you make it your mission to stop that?  I'm busy right now, condemning the racist south for their killings and oppression.

The only thing I would say is, make sure you are working to change important things and not frivolous things that amount to ethnocentric differences.

Last edited by Original Quill on Wed Oct 23, 2019 3:57 pm; edited 1 time in total

Original Quill
Forum Detective ????‍♀️

Back to top Go down

Post by Original Quill Wed Oct 23, 2019 3:56 pm

Ben Reilly wrote:Also, don't we all support people having the freedom to dress and worship as they choose? If so, what is so wrong about saying it?

No.  For example, in America if you choose to go naked, or wear a see-through dress, you will be arrested.  Sixty years ago, people were arrested for wearing bikinis.  A hundred years ago, men would be arrested for not wearing a top at the beach (and I presume elsewhere).  Such laws are tied to the culture within which they are enforced.  It's all relative.

I draw the line at killing, because of it's finality.  That's why, in the above post, I give you permission to go to Africa to correct indiscriminate killings.

But I'm not going to substitute my cultural tastes for another culture's tastes.  Nobody made me god, and I have no right to criticize their culture any more than they have the right to criticize mine.

Original Quill
Forum Detective ????‍♀️

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Wed Oct 23, 2019 4:46 pm

Maddog wrote:Iranian women face 10 years for sharing videos of hijab removal Fb_img33

The girl that shaves my head.  She was born in Texas because her parents were fleeing the assholes that run that country.  When she went back last year to visit relatives she had to cover her head and of course her arms because of her tats.  

It's a shame what has happened to that country.  

Ironically, she chose hair as her livelihood.  

+1

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Sat Nov 09, 2019 7:37 am

See bravery of an Iranian woman standing up to a cleric. She says: “he looked into my collar, asked me to put on Hijab & followed me”. The video he is taking can land her 10 years in prison. That doesn’t stop her resistance. There are many Rosa Parks in Iran fighting for freedom

https://twitter.com/AlinejadMasih/status/1192887791056613376

Back to top Go down

Post by nicko Sat Nov 09, 2019 11:28 am

Judging by the state of some of the Iranian men I'v seen , it's they who should wear it !
nicko
nicko
Forum Detective ????‍♀️

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down