NewsFix
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

New Labour leader , Sir Keir Starmer

+4
nicko
Victorismyhero
Tommy Monk
Eilzel
8 posters

Page 2 of 2 Previous  1, 2

Go down

New Labour leader , Sir Keir Starmer - Page 2 Empty New Labour leader , Sir Keir Starmer

Post by Guest Sun Apr 05, 2020 7:38 pm

First topic message reminder :

News appears to have crept under the radar, certainly the Tories here have kept mute..
With good reason.
Johnson will have much to fear, and will in all probability lose the debates in PMQ's.
So Sir Kier  Starmer has taken over the helm, immediately apologised for Labour's anti semitism, has agreed to work with Johnson and other parties.

All gone rather under the political and news radar. Which may suit him.
Labour, it seems may be back on track to eventually becoming an electable  party.
When it  comes to PMQ's,  Johnson will not be as dominating as he was with Cornyn.
Starmer is a fluent, articulate and authoritative debater, well versed in court speaking and is a forensic interrogator.
I suspect Starmer will bide his time, select a new, fresh young cabinet with a few old hands around him as well, and will not produce much in the way of long term policy and strategy  until the coronavirus threat has subsided.
By co- operating with Johnson, Starmer will be seen as a moderate,  willing to compromise and will be more respected by the public for doing just that.
Long term, I just cannot see Johnson sticking around. The job has suddenly taken on immeasurable and almost insurmountable problems.
He looked out of his depth before the virus, he looks too indecisive and prone to over reliance on his spin doctors and advisors at a time where strong and positive leadership is required.
From an economy and budget that promised the world, the harsh and stark reality is austerity and depression like we haven't seen since the 1920's and 30's. 
Contracting the illness won't help, he has caught a big dose, after 10 days he still looks dreadful, and speaking from experience, it will take him many weeks, if not months to return to full fitness.
He has a serious, if inexperienced contender in Sunak waiting to pounce on his job..There are few other candidates, Hunt, Gove, IDS and Ress-Mogg are no longer credible contenders.
Fascinating times lie ahead after this shit dies down.

Back to top Go down

New Labour leader , Sir Keir Starmer - Page 2 Empty Re: New Labour leader , Sir Keir Starmer

Post by eddie Wed Apr 08, 2020 11:42 pm

Tommy Monk wrote:

A new idea...???

Sounds more like you are trying to revive an old idea of dictatorial rule where the democratic will of the people is totally ignored...

Okay, let me try to explain.

What if, we had a beautiful blend of differing views who resided over us?

Wouldn’t that be fair? Different?

Why not try it?
eddie
eddie
King of Beards. Keeper of the Whip. Top Chef. BEES!!!!!! Mushroom muncher. Spider aficionado!

Back to top Go down

New Labour leader , Sir Keir Starmer - Page 2 Empty Re: New Labour leader , Sir Keir Starmer

Post by Victorismyhero Wed Apr 08, 2020 11:53 pm

thats why I should be in charge.....
Victorismyhero
Victorismyhero
INTERNAL SECURITY DIRECTOR

Back to top Go down

Post by Tommy Monk Thu Apr 09, 2020 12:08 am

Who decides what views are beautiful and deserving of being in any position of this authorative governing body?

And who decides how much influence any of these differing views have over the whole...?

How would it be fair for a view held by a tiny minority of people, to be given a huge chunk of influence over a majority of other views in disagreement?

How is any of that ever going to be fair...!!!???

Or end up deciding anything that has support of majority of people...?

It is adults who vote in a democracy... Electing MPs of varying opinions already... The MPs are servants of the British people... Not our masters...

They are supposed To do what they are told... Not tell us what to do...!

Tommy Monk
Tommy Monk
Forum Detective ????‍♀️

Back to top Go down

Post by eddie Thu Apr 09, 2020 12:12 am

I’d rather be an employee of a room full of differing views, albeit opposing ones, and have a fair answer.

Don’t know if that will help Tommy, but I’ll wait for other views.
eddie
eddie
King of Beards. Keeper of the Whip. Top Chef. BEES!!!!!! Mushroom muncher. Spider aficionado!

Back to top Go down

Post by Tommy Monk Thu Apr 09, 2020 12:19 am

Parliament is a room full of differing views already... Employed by the British people...

Don't you see...?

We employ them...!

We control them...!

Or at least, we should control them...!

We are not their servants!!!

We are already their masters!!!

They are just people... Just the same as us... They are not some special breed of super heroes where we are just lowly peasants waiting to be dictated to...!

Tommy Monk
Tommy Monk
Forum Detective ????‍♀️

Back to top Go down

Post by Victorismyhero Thu Apr 09, 2020 12:27 am

eddie wrote:I’d rather be an employee of a room full of differing views, albeit opposing ones, and have a fair answer.

patient in hospital...

consultant....sister this man needs ICU
sister ..i think we should discuss this...i think we should just turn him over and slap his back

patient gurgles

junior nurse ...YEAH we all have a right to an opinion ...i think we should inject him with weed...

patient goes blue round edges

hospital porter ...right on nurse...i think we should inject him with a load of vitamin c cos it said so on you tube.....

patient twitches and expires

consulant...fuck democracy.......
Victorismyhero
Victorismyhero

Back to top Go down

Post by eddie Thu Apr 09, 2020 12:35 am

We aren’t talking emergencies Vic.

I merely asked a question. No proper answer yet. Just knee-jerk responses.

Or maybe I’m an airy-fairy arse. I dunno. Don’t care.
eddie
eddie

Back to top Go down

Post by gelico Thu Apr 09, 2020 1:41 am

Ben Reilly wrote:
eddie wrote:

I’d like to see a government of 50/50 - Tory and Labour (or similar). I know it’s a stupid “out there” view and I’ll probably be ridiculed as airy-fairy, but I do have strange ideas at times.

You mean that both sides would be forced to work together to get anything done? That's not airy-fairy, it's brilliant.

in theory yeah

but the reality is that egos get in the way of everything and no sod will agree/back down/compromise or anything else that is needed to make a good team and ultimately, sod all will get done

soz but it is what it is

gelico
Forum Detective

Back to top Go down

Post by gelico Thu Apr 09, 2020 1:46 am

eddie wrote:I’d rather be an employee of a room full of differing views, albeit opposing ones, and have a fair answer.

but you wouldn't have just A fair answer would you

you have a room full of different 'fair' answers, whatever that means

gelico
Forum Detective

Back to top Go down

Post by eddie Thu Apr 09, 2020 1:46 am

gelico wrote:
Ben Reilly wrote:
eddie wrote:

I’d like to see a government of 50/50 - Tory and Labour (or similar). I know it’s a stupid “out there” view and I’ll probably be ridiculed as airy-fairy, but I do have strange ideas at times.

You mean that both sides would be forced to work together to get anything done? That's not airy-fairy, it's brilliant.

in theory yeah

but the reality is that egos get in the way of everything and no sod will agree/back down/compromise or anything else that is needed to make a good team and ultimately, sod all will get done

soz but it is what it is

Yep ego.

Ego.

The root of all evil.

And the vanity of humans.
eddie
eddie

Back to top Go down

Post by Ben Reilly Thu Apr 09, 2020 1:49 am

gelico wrote:
Ben Reilly wrote:
eddie wrote:

in theory yeah

soz but it is what it is

And eventually people would realize that they have to put their egos to the side if anything is to get done.
Ben Reilly
Ben Reilly
King of Texas. Gigantic Killer Robot. Robin Hood of Epping Forest. Fifty Shades of Cray.

http://www.newsfixboard.com

Back to top Go down

Post by gelico Thu Apr 09, 2020 1:49 am

eddie wrote:
Tommy Monk wrote:

A new idea...???

Sounds more like you are trying to revive an old idea of dictatorial rule where the democratic will of the people is totally ignored...

Why not try it?

no it would be a non productive, stagnated mess which achieves fuck all

i love differing views. i actively seek out differing views

but if you think government ministers who already have outsized egos all thinking and believing that their way is fair it gets you nowhere

gelico
Forum Detective

Back to top Go down

Post by Eilzel Thu Apr 09, 2020 1:55 am

gelico wrote:
eddie wrote:
Tommy Monk wrote:

A new idea...???

Why not try it?

no it would be a non productive, stagnated mess which achieves fuck all

i love differing views.  i actively seek out differing views

but if you think government ministers who already have outsized egos all thinking and believing that their way is fair it gets you nowhere

True. The entire run of parliament last year was a comical display of what happens when a single party (or at least formal coalition) has no overall control. I may not like what we have now, but the alternative doesn't work. It's sad but being sad doesn't make it less true.
Eilzel
Eilzel
Speaker of the House

Back to top Go down

Post by eddie Thu Apr 09, 2020 1:58 am

Ben Reilly wrote:
gelico wrote:
Ben Reilly wrote:
eddie wrote:

in theory yeah

soz but it is what it is

And eventually people would realize that they have to put their egos to the side if anything is to get done.

Absolutely.
eddie
eddie

Back to top Go down

Post by Original Quill Thu Apr 09, 2020 5:04 am

Ben Reilly wrote:
gelico wrote:

in theory yeah

soz but it is what it is

But, unfortunately, it has to begin with the party that started it all.  Otherwise, fool me once, shame on you; fool me twice, shame on me!  You are just a foolish sucker if you let them keep on, keeping on.   Rolling Eyes

I will only cooperate with Republicans, when Judge Merrick Garland is appointed to replace either Justice Neil Gorsuch, or Justice Brett Kavanaugh, on the US Supreme Court.  Not before. Otherwise, the 2nd Amendment still has meaning.  Fool me once, shame on you; fool me twice, shame on me!

Trust me, this is not going to end well.  The US will be broken apart within 30-years.  It can be peaceful, or by 2nd Amendment means.  I suggest peacefully, but I'm not sure about some of those around me.

Original Quill
Forum Detective ????‍♀️

Back to top Go down

Post by Original Quill Thu Apr 09, 2020 5:41 am

But this is a British section, so let's not address divisiveness.

Original Quill
Forum Detective ????‍♀️

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down

Page 2 of 2 Previous  1, 2