NewsFix
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Please help us recruit new/old members

+9
Eilzel
eddie
Fred Moletrousers
gelico
'Wolfie
Original Quill
nicko
Maddog
Ben Reilly
13 posters

Page 1 of 2 1, 2  Next

Go down

Please help us recruit new/old members Empty Please help us recruit new/old members

Post by Ben Reilly Wed Jan 15, 2020 7:32 pm

Let's face it -- this place has stagnated a bit, and I think that some new members would help liven things up. So if there's anybody you know who you think would like it here, please ask them to join up.

On forums that have run for years, people do tend to get a bit bored of one another after a while. So let's find some new blood!
Ben Reilly
Ben Reilly
King of Texas. Gigantic Killer Robot. Robin Hood of Epping Forest. Fifty Shades of Cray.

http://www.newsfixboard.com

Back to top Go down

Please help us recruit new/old members Empty Re: Please help us recruit new/old members

Post by Maddog Wed Jan 15, 2020 7:39 pm

"NewsFix is a forum that encourages polite, civil debate of current events and ideas."

Until you start trying to enforce this, I don't see this place expanding. I wouldn't suggest anyone join here unless this is addressed.

There are former posters on other forums that look in here and turn right around after reading what constitutes "polite, civil debate".
Maddog
Maddog
The newsfix Queen

Back to top Go down

Please help us recruit new/old members Empty Re: Please help us recruit new/old members

Post by Ben Reilly Wed Jan 15, 2020 7:42 pm

Maddog wrote:"NewsFix is a forum that encourages polite, civil debate of current events and ideas."

Until you start trying to enforce this, I don't see this place expanding. I wouldn't suggest anyone join here unless this is addressed.

There are former posters on other forums that look in here and turn right around after reading what constitutes "polite, civil debate".  

We encourage it, but when it comes to forcing it, we do tend to be laissez-faire. But I would be interested in hearing more about these former posters who look in here and turn right around, could you go into that?
Ben Reilly
Ben Reilly
King of Texas. Gigantic Killer Robot. Robin Hood of Epping Forest. Fifty Shades of Cray.

Back to top Go down

Post by Maddog Wed Jan 15, 2020 7:54 pm

Ben Reilly wrote:
Maddog wrote:"NewsFix is a forum that encourages polite, civil debate of current events and ideas."

We encourage it, but when it comes to forcing it, we do tend to be laissez-faire. But I would be interested in hearing more about these former posters who look in here and turn right around, could you go into that?

"I hope it is temporary, it's a good forum in the main, but like you say...a minority of lunatics seem to have taken over the asylum lately, and the result was a nastier place to post.
I believe Ben definitely did not want the trouble....I think he is too lax in his running of it, but like he said yesterday, he cant be there a lot of the time.
Eddie battled on her own a lot to keep some sort of order....the disrespect she got from 2 or 3 posters was disgusting imo....mods mod for nothing, they give up their time so others can enjoy a decent forum, in return they should have some sort of protection from the other mods.....I didn't see much of that for Eddie."

Just something I found surfing around.

Then there are/were comments on another forum that has a few former members here.

You have some very nasty posters here. Until you understand and accept that, then act on it, it's going to remain slow around here.

I have been posting on forums close to 15 years now. This is the first forum where I actually had to block people.

Gotta run. Cool
Maddog
Maddog
The newsfix Queen

Back to top Go down

Post by nicko Wed Jan 15, 2020 8:01 pm

Lets be honest, the main problem with this Forum is a little shit called Wolfie, until Ben sorts him out, no new posters will come here to be insulted. Wolfie is a Protected Species it seems. Now wait and see the insults thrown at me from him !
nicko
nicko
Forum Detective ????‍♀️

Back to top Go down

Post by Original Quill Wed Jan 15, 2020 10:33 pm

nicko wrote:Lets be honest, the main problem with this Forum is a little shit called Wolfie, until Ben sorts him out, no new posters will come here to be insulted. Wolfie is a Protected Species it seems. Now wait and see the insults thrown at me from him !

Did you not hear Ben, nick?  He's concerned about attracting posters.  And here you are, trying to turn away posters.  Wolf is a valuable poster, all the more now that the Mean Girls are not around to provoke him into harsh exchanges.

Wolf is a wealth of information, particularly on health and environmental matters.  These seem to be of little concern to you.  Maybe that's the problem...you do not seem to be concerned about those matters.

Original Quill
Forum Detective ????‍♀️

Back to top Go down

Post by 'Wolfie Thu Jan 16, 2020 12:38 am

nicko wrote:Lets be honest, the main problem with this Forum is a little shit called Wolfie, until Ben sorts him out, no new posters will come here to be insulted. Wolfie is a Protected Species it seems. Now wait and see the insults thrown at me from him !
Please help us recruit new/old members 3350646086

You lying little gormless fuckup of a hypocrite...

You tried to deliberately upset and disrupt a bushfire thread earlier this week  --  I have never trolled you or yours, you slimy little weasel..

You claim to respect all women, while accusing me of being a "woman hater"  --  yet we've all seen your attacks against sassy, 4ever', eddie and Jules over the years..

You regularly play off you past military record, claiming you won't hear anything said against the military, even threarening physical violence in return --   yet I have seen you on here attacking former military persons (Korben Dallas;  sassy's father..), Army Reservists, and other emergency workers..

Have a look closer to home,  you senile old fool : 

My 'nastiness' is still only a pale shadow of that being thrown around here regularly by you, and your enqually rancid chums such as smelly', Tommy, Deano,  and in the past by Nems and Horatio  --  you turds would give the likes of Phil and Scrat a run for their money any day of the week.

Nasty lying hypocrites, the whole pathetic bunch..
'Wolfie
'Wolfie
Forum Detective ????‍♀️

Back to top Go down

Post by Maddog Thu Jan 16, 2020 1:07 am

Rolling Eyes
Maddog
Maddog
The newsfix Queen

Back to top Go down

Post by 'Wolfie Thu Jan 16, 2020 1:12 am

Maddog wrote:Rolling Eyes

Please help us recruit new/old members 3489511464

For someone who claims to have been blocking me for the past 7 months,   DeputyDopeyDawg can still manage to reply to some of my posts on here...
'Wolfie
'Wolfie
Forum Detective ????‍♀️

Back to top Go down

Post by Original Quill Thu Jan 16, 2020 3:27 am

'Wolfie wrote:
Maddog wrote:Rolling Eyes

Please help us recruit new/old members 3489511464

For someone who claims to have been blocking me for the past 7 months,   DeputyDopeyDawg can still manage to reply to some of my posts on here...

Redneck blocks because he's afraid of being taken apart.  Anyone who blocks doesn't want to face the competition.  That's what they are afraid of.

It's Redneck's Chinese wall.  Avoid the competition and never get hurt: you can't beat 'em, you avoid 'em.

Please help us recruit new/old members 3986371719

Never mind him...he's a lightweight.

Original Quill
Forum Detective ????‍♀️

Back to top Go down

Post by nicko Thu Jan 16, 2020 5:37 am

Read Wolf's reply to my post, he just can't help himself ,he has a bad case of TOURETTES syndrome . Until he's brought under control this Forum will just stagnate. No other Forum would stand for his insulting posts.Perhaps Ben can explain why he gets away with it,over to you Ben !
nicko
nicko
Forum Detective ????‍♀️

Back to top Go down

Post by 'Wolfie Thu Jan 16, 2020 8:35 am

Maddog wrote:
Ben Reilly wrote:

"I hope it is temporary, it's a good forum in the main, but like you say...a minority of lunatics seem to have taken over the asylum lately, and the result was a nastier place to post.
I believe Ben definitely did not want the trouble....I think he is too lax in his running of it, but like he said yesterday, he cant be there a lot of the time.
Eddie battled on her own a lot to keep some sort of order....the disrespect she got from 2 or 3 posters was disgusting imo....mods mod for nothing, they give up their time so others can enjoy a decent forum, in return they should have some sort of protection from the other mods.....I didn't see much of that for Eddie."

Then there are/were comments on another forum that has a few former members here.

You have some very nasty posters here. Until you understand and accept that, then act on it, it's going to remain slow around here.

I have been posting on forums close to 15 years now. This is the first forum where I actually had to block people.

Gotta run. Cool  
Razz

Cut out your lying bulldust,  FatFlog..

You keep on pointing the finger at me, Quill, Andy, veya and various other left-wingers willing to call you out on your constant faux "libertarian" garbage, as supppsedly being the nasties on here..

While continuing to ignore the actual 'toxic' elements who start all the troubles on here --  not only you yourself, but also nicko, Deano, smelly', Tommy, Victor, Horatio..

You claim to be chatting to "former" NF members being scared away by me, Quill, Andy, (veya, Jules, sassy ?)  I will call you out for the lying piece of shit you are at heart --  as your fellow toxins there are still current members on here..

You and nicko can keep on falsely claiming that I somehow chased Syl, Ragga', Horatio and company away from NF a few weeks ago (even though they weren't even fighting with me at the time..) --  but most people on here  realise that it was minor infighting among some ladies on NF that pitma couple of noses out of joint --  no blokes involved there, whatsover..

If you really wanted to do something positive for here, take yourself over to Deano's Flopcave --  supposed to be plenty of empty space over there.
'Wolfie
'Wolfie
Forum Detective ????‍♀️

Back to top Go down

Post by nicko Thu Jan 16, 2020 10:24 am

See what I mean Ben ?
nicko
nicko
Forum Detective ????‍♀️

Back to top Go down

Post by gelico Thu Jan 16, 2020 11:40 am

yeah, i don't honestly think i could recommend this to other people.

i've got used to seeing shitloads of abuse chucked about on here but i wouldn't ask anyone else to come and view it.

you got lazy ben and allowed all this to happen.

maybe you should cut out the abusive parts of peoples posts and only keep what's relevant to the OP. stick all the abuse in a bin somewhere out of sight.

it all looks so childish and nasty sometimes

why would newbies want to join?

gelico
Forum Detective

Back to top Go down

Post by gelico Thu Jan 16, 2020 12:19 pm

imo, we should all aim to emulate such posters as jules, cass, and fred.  if you look at their posts you will find them to be on point with humour and no trace of nastiness.

even quill, who rarely sticks to the point, is polite at least

if people can't make more effort then certainly no one would be insane enough to join, and anyone that did want to be part of it would probably be the very sort that would derail it all more

come on people

gelico
Forum Detective

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Thu Jan 16, 2020 2:37 pm

Just been looking at other forums and they are all suffering from a lack of posters and postings

Forums have been dying a slow long death for a long time. People are now more active on the big social media platforms. That is the reality and thee is far worse abuse that goes on with the likes  of twitter. So the view that abuse is what is stopping debate is a myth. There used to be far worse abuse in the past not only on here, but inaflap and sphinx's forums.

Yes of course it makes for better debating if people are civil. But the view today is basically a view to cancel people, if for their views and this is where the danger is. Where at least people are not banned for their views here. Where on others they are. I would rather be on a forum where you can express your views. Than one with biased mods, who will moderate based on their beliefs.

Like I say the reality is personal forums have been slowly dying, because people can interact with thousands of people daily on the major social media sites.

So what the owner and the rest here need to do is come up with new ideas, that attracts people to this forum. To make it a fun place to be. I have look at Dogs and Chaotic and they do not have that much debate and the former is moderation overkill. Which fails to allow a forum to flow.

Back to top Go down

Post by Maddog Thu Jan 16, 2020 3:53 pm

gelico wrote:

yeah, i don't honestly think i could recommend this to other people.

i've got used to seeing shitloads of abuse chucked about on here but i wouldn't ask anyone else to come and view it.

you got lazy ben and allowed all this to happen.

maybe you should cut out the abusive parts of peoples posts and only keep what's relevant to the OP.  stick all the abuse in a bin somewhere out of sight.

it all looks so childish and nasty sometimes

why would newbies want to join?

Nailed it.
Maddog
Maddog
The newsfix Queen

Back to top Go down

Post by Fred Moletrousers Thu Jan 16, 2020 4:40 pm

'Wolfie wrote:
Maddog wrote:

Gotta run. Cool  
Razz

You keep on pointing the finger at me, Quill, Andy, veya and various other left-wingers willing to call you out on your constant faux "libertarian" garbage, as supppsedly being the nasties on here..

While continuing to ignore the actual 'toxic' elements who start all the troubles on here --  not only you yourself, but also nicko, Deano, smelly', Tommy, Victor, Horatio..

You claim to be chatting to "former" NF members being scared away by me, Quill, Andy, (veya, Jules, sassy ?)  I will call you out for the lying piece of shit you are at heart --  as your fellow toxins there are still current members on here..

You and nicko can keep on falsely claiming that I somehow chased Syl, Ragga', Horatio and company away from NF a few weeks ago (even though they weren't even fighting with me at the time..) --  but most people on here  realise that it was minor infighting among some ladies on NF that pitma couple of noses out of joint --  no blokes involved there, whatsover..

If you really wanted to do something positive for here, take yourself over to Deano's Flopcave --  supposed to be plenty of empty space over there.

Ah, well. Those few calming words of fraternal greeting and persuasiveness should do a tremendous amount to support Ben's recruiting drive....
Fred Moletrousers
Fred Moletrousers
MABEL, THE GREAT ZOG

Back to top Go down

Post by Original Quill Thu Jan 16, 2020 5:14 pm

Wolf wrote:most people on here realise that it was minor infighting among some ladies on NF that pitma couple of noses out of joint -- no blokes involved there, whatsover.

You make a good point, wolf. No male posters were involved in the Mean Girl's departure. As I recall, they were ganging up on Eds—whom I supported this time, but from the sidelines—and no blokes were involved.

There was one virtue to it all...and that is, we all got to see what Wolf has been enduring for years, save that he wasn't the target this time.

Personally, I regret the loss of Syl, whom I considered special people. But as a gang, it was a malignant situation.

Original Quill
Forum Detective ????‍♀️

Back to top Go down

Post by Original Quill Thu Jan 16, 2020 5:23 pm

phil wrote:Where at least people are not banned for their views here.

I beg to differ with you. There is a strong strain of RW bias behind the moderation here. That's what has chased most of the leftists away.

Original Quill
Forum Detective ????‍♀️

Back to top Go down

Post by Original Quill Thu Jan 16, 2020 5:29 pm

gelico wrote:imo, we should all aim to emulate such posters as jules, cass, and fred.

I agree. For my money those are premium posters on NF.

Original Quill
Forum Detective ????‍♀️

Back to top Go down

Post by Fred Moletrousers Thu Jan 16, 2020 5:52 pm

Original Quill wrote:
Wolf wrote:most people on here  realise that it was minor infighting among some ladies on NF that pitma couple of noses out of joint --  no blokes involved there, whatsover.

You make a good point, wolf.  No male posters were involved in the Mean Girl's departure.  As I recall, they were ganging up on Eds—whom I supported this time, but from the sidelines—and no blokes were involved.

There was one virtue to it all...and that is, we all got to see what Wolf has been enduring for years, save that he wasn't the target this time.

Personally, I regret the loss of Syl, whom I considered special people.  But as a gang, it was a malignant situation.

D'accord. Syl was one of my favourite posters too...though I do take issue with the "mean girls" epithet.
Some of Wolfie's posts about them were, to take even the most liberal and understanding (of Aussies' unique sense of humour) view, bloody disgraceful, disgusting and overtly misogynistic.
Fred Moletrousers
Fred Moletrousers
MABEL, THE GREAT ZOG

Back to top Go down

Post by Original Quill Thu Jan 16, 2020 6:18 pm

Fred M. wrote:bloody disgraceful, disgusting and overtly misogynistic.

I've never known Wolf to be misogynistic. The rest of your adjectives are simply points of view. And remember, wolf was under attack by the Mean Girls.

Ya gotta understand, Aussies are a special kind of people. They communicate with a kind of directness, perhaps not best suited for polite, English society.

But, there is no misunderstanding them. A plain talking Aussie is doing a favor to his or her interlocutor. No innuendos, equivoque, or double-entendres...just plain talk.

Original Quill
Forum Detective ????‍♀️

Back to top Go down

Post by Fred Moletrousers Thu Jan 16, 2020 6:29 pm

Original Quill wrote:
Fred M. wrote:bloody disgraceful, disgusting and overtly misogynistic.

I've never known Wolf to be misogynistic.  The rest of your adjectives are simply points of view.  And remember, wolf was under attack by the Mean Girls.

Ya gotta understand, Aussies are a special kind of people.  They communicate with a kind of directness, perhaps not best suited for polite, English society.

But, there is no misunderstanding them.  A plain talking Aussie is doing a favor to his or her interlocutor.  No innuendos, equivoque, or double-entendres...just plain talk.

Quill, I have served with Aussies and I know plain "strine-talk" when I see (hear it). My admiration of them as a people is second to none. Were I ever to find myself in a perilous situation I could ask for no better a man than an Aussie to be by my side.

But some of the stuff that I have seen Wolfie post on here ("raddled old geranium" was the comment that springs most to mind) makes me question even your wisdom and conclusion.
Fred Moletrousers
Fred Moletrousers
MABEL, THE GREAT ZOG

Back to top Go down

Post by Maddog Thu Jan 16, 2020 6:42 pm

Fred Moletrousers wrote:
'Wolfie wrote:
Razz

Ah, well. Those few calming words of fraternal greeting and persuasiveness should do a tremendous amount to support Ben's recruiting drive....

The dude is unhinged.
Maddog
Maddog
The newsfix Queen

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Thu Jan 16, 2020 7:04 pm

Newbie here. Just quietly watching for awhile, trying to work out who are the good guys and who are the bad guys.

Back to top Go down

Post by Original Quill Thu Jan 16, 2020 7:18 pm

Brutus wrote:Newbie here. Just quietly watching for  awhile, trying to work out who are the good guys and who are the bad guys.

Hahaha...welcome Brutus.  Take notes: the LW'ers are the good guys, and the RW'ers are the bad guys.

Right now the bad guys are winning, but don't count us out.  Wait until the fat lady sings. Laughing

Original Quill
Forum Detective ????‍♀️

Back to top Go down

Post by eddie Thu Jan 16, 2020 8:26 pm

Brutus wrote:Newbie here. Just quietly watching for  awhile, trying to work out who are the good guys and who are the bad guys.

Welcome Brutus. Get stuck in and let us see what you think!
eddie
eddie
King of Beards. Keeper of the Whip. Top Chef. BEES!!!!!! Mushroom muncher. Spider aficionado!

Back to top Go down

Post by Ben Reilly Thu Jan 16, 2020 8:26 pm

BEN REILLY throws up his hands and quietly backs away from what has, inexplicably, turned into another NF shitstorm.
Ben Reilly
Ben Reilly

Back to top Go down

Post by Maddog Thu Jan 16, 2020 8:30 pm

Ben Reilly wrote:BEN REILLY throws up his hands and quietly backs away from what has, inexplicably, turned into another NF shitstorm.

Then do something about it. This is your baby. Take care of it.
Maddog
Maddog
The newsfix Queen

Back to top Go down

Post by Ben Reilly Thu Jan 16, 2020 8:34 pm

Maddog wrote:
Ben Reilly wrote:BEN REILLY throws up his hands and quietly backs away from what has, inexplicably, turned into another NF shitstorm.

Look at you, calling for bigger government! Smile

I wouldn't think I would have to constantly police the conduct of a group of people who are, nominally at least, grown-ups.

I certainly wouldn't think that people who are constantly complaining about how "easily offended everyone is these days" would be so easily offended.
Ben Reilly
Ben Reilly

Back to top Go down

Post by Original Quill Thu Jan 16, 2020 8:41 pm

Laughing It's inevitable. You start a thread about doing some good for the forum, and someone like Nicko immediately turns it into what's bad about the forum??? Then it's Katy bar the door.

But I think everyone will follow your lead, Ben, and talk the place up. Who knows...already one new poster.

Original Quill
Forum Detective ????‍♀️

Back to top Go down

Post by Maddog Thu Jan 16, 2020 9:08 pm

Ben Reilly wrote:
Maddog wrote:

I wouldn't think I would have to constantly police the conduct of a group of people who are, nominally at least, grown-ups.

I certainly wouldn't think that people who are constantly complaining about how "easily offended everyone is these days" would be so easily offended.

I guess you're wrong.

And I don't get offended by insults. I just have no need for them and will avoid people that can't converse without the use of them.

But this is your forum, run it (or don't), in the manner that you deem appropriate.

Just don't expect me to give the place a good reference.
Maddog
Maddog
The newsfix Queen

Back to top Go down

Post by Maddog Thu Jan 16, 2020 9:10 pm

And taking care of private property isn't asking for big government. You're a private citizen, not an elected or appointed official.
Maddog
Maddog
The newsfix Queen

Back to top Go down

Post by Ben Reilly Thu Jan 16, 2020 9:10 pm

Maddog wrote:
Ben Reilly wrote:
Maddog wrote:

I guess you're wrong.

And I don't get offended by insults. I just have no need for them and will avoid people that can't converse without the use of them.

But this is your forum, run it (or don't), in the manner that you deem appropriate.

Just tell people it's a lot of fun if you're not an easily triggered snowflake, right?
Ben Reilly
Ben Reilly

Back to top Go down

Post by Original Quill Thu Jan 16, 2020 9:19 pm

Maddog wrote:And taking care of private property isn't asking for big government. You're a private citizen, not an elected or appointed official.  

“That's libertarians for you — anarchists who want police protection from their slaves.” ― Kim Stanley Robinson Twisted Evil

Original Quill
Forum Detective ????‍♀️

Back to top Go down

Post by Maddog Thu Jan 16, 2020 9:24 pm

Ben Reilly wrote:
Maddog wrote:

I guess you're wrong.

Just tell people it's a lot of fun if you're not an easily triggered snowflake, right?

Why?

Do you find calling people names from behind a screen an enjoyable hobby?

You had plenty of posters here. They are gone, and that's on you.
Maddog
Maddog
The newsfix Queen

Back to top Go down

Post by eddie Thu Jan 16, 2020 9:41 pm

Maddog wrote:
Ben Reilly wrote:
Maddog wrote:

I guess you're wrong.

Why?

No it isn’t. It’s on them.
eddie
eddie
King of Beards. Keeper of the Whip. Top Chef. BEES!!!!!! Mushroom muncher. Spider aficionado!

Back to top Go down

Post by Maddog Thu Jan 16, 2020 10:00 pm

eddie wrote:
Maddog wrote:

Why?

They voted with their feet (or fingers).

Anytime you create a product and you lose clients or customers, it's on you to make the product more appealing to bring back the ones you lost and keep the ones you have.

People only have so much time in the day, and oddly enough, many would not like to spend that limited time reading someone call someone else a "a lying piece of shit".

People are funny like that.

But keep blaming everyone else for what happens around here.

That's just one more reason not to recommend this place.
Maddog
Maddog
The newsfix Queen

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Thu Jan 16, 2020 10:11 pm

Maddog wrote:
eddie wrote:

Anytime you create a product and you lose clients or customers, it's on you to make the product more appealing to bring back the ones you lost and keep the ones you have.

People only have so much time in the day, and oddly enough, many would not like to spend that limited time reading someone call someone else a "a lying piece of shit".

And yet those people not here, as you state. Still keep looking in

So the product draws people to the window. Some come in and some have not the courage to come in at present, but they still are window shopping

This site is tame as to what goes on on twitter and yet people are constantly drawn back to it

If people are determined to be offended, if they will climb up the ladder balancing it precariously on their own toilet system. To be upset what they see through the shop window. There is nothing we can do about that. As people will be offended about one thing or another. Its being able to move past this. (Adapted from a Christopher Hitchins quote)

Yet the reality is as you state, those people keep looking in, which means they are still drawn to the site in some form or another.

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Thu Jan 16, 2020 10:21 pm

My initial thoughts are that there is a range war going on here, although I have yet to work out which side people are on, or who is right and who is wrong.
There does seem a lot of anger and vitriol, which does not auger well and certainly doesn't reach out to me as a site of great appeal.
I will just watch.

Back to top Go down

Post by Maddog Thu Jan 16, 2020 10:23 pm

Thorin wrote:
Maddog wrote:

So the product draws people to the window. Some come in and some have not the courage to come in at present, but they still are window shopping

This site is tame as to what goes on on twitter and yet people are constantly drawn back to it

If people are determined to be offended, if they will climb up the ladder balancing it precariously on their own toilet system. To be upset what they see through the shop window. There is nothing we can do about that. As people will be offended about one thing or another. Its being able to move past this. (Adapted from a Christopher Hitchins quote)

Yet the reality is as you state, those people keep looking in, which means they are still drawn to the site in some form or another.

Everyone will watch a train wreck. Doesn't mean they want to be involved in one. If Ben wants a forum where people check in to see the latest crash, he has it.
Maddog
Maddog
The newsfix Queen

Back to top Go down

Post by Maddog Thu Jan 16, 2020 10:29 pm

Wolfie is banned for two weeks for attacking another poster despite being warned and repeatedly told not to.

It's not his first time for being banned for the exact same thing

Perhaps no one is understanding that you simply cannot arrive and attack someone for no reason other than you disagree????

Please see other adult "disagreements" with posters on other threads and see the difference between debate and attack.

Seems some of you simply cannot help yourselves.

This is how moderation works. It's why there is a basement and ban function on forums.

Getting back to this mindset would make this place far more appealing.
Maddog
Maddog
The newsfix Queen

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Thu Jan 16, 2020 10:31 pm

Maddog wrote:
Thorin wrote:

Everyone will watch a train wreck. Doesn't mean they want to be involved in one. If Ben wants a forum where people check in to see the latest crash, he has it.

Actually its more like tribes, where forums have a number of tribes within them. Some tribes will like to bitch about one place and so will another at another place. This kind of tribalism has gone on for years. No matter the forum. Where people crap on about one forum being better than another. The thing is those people are still drawn to look. As it provides an excuse for people to bitch about

No forum is perfect and no forum can say they do not have abuse on their forums. If you over moderate. Then it becomes like some of the most restrictive nations in the world. What society do you want to live in. One where words gets you placed in jail, or one that near enough allows free speech?

Yes people get annoyed including me, but we generally get over this and move on. The people who cant, are the ones, who hold petty grudges and sulk looking in on this forum. As the reality is they want to get there way and are kind of blackmailing the forum. In that they wont join, unless some people are banned from here. What does that really say about those individuals? As I see this happen on twitter all the time, where people look to get people silenced and banned

You want a forum like that?

I certainly do not and by the way, I have never been moderated on twitter and they have strict rules

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Thu Jan 16, 2020 10:37 pm

Maddog wrote:Wolfie is banned for two weeks for attacking another poster despite being warned and repeatedly told not to.

Perhaps no one is understanding that you simply cannot arrive and attack someone for no reason other than you disagree????

Please see other adult  "disagreements" with posters on other threads and see the difference between debate and attack.

This is how moderation works. It's why there is a basement and ban  function on forums.

Not sure who this Andy guy is as he doesn't seem to be around, but he seems to be the subject of some pretty torrid and personal abuse on a thread he hasnt contributed to.
I ticked the rules box which clearly says that is not permitted.
Perhaps this place isn't for me, unless someone can justify those comments, as I certainlywouldnt want to be subjected to posts like that..

Back to top Go down

Post by Maddog Thu Jan 16, 2020 10:42 pm

Thorin wrote:
Maddog wrote:

Actually its more like tribes, where forums have a number of tribes within them. Some tribes will like to bitch about one place and so will another at another place. This kind of tribalism has gone on for years. No matter the forum. Where people crap on about one forum being better than another. The thing is those people are still drawn to look. As it provides an excuse for people to bitch about

No forum is perfect and no forum can say they do not have abuse on their forums. If you over moderate. Then it becomes like some of the most restrictive nations in the world. What society do you want to live in. One where words gets you placed in jail, or one that near enough allows free speech?

Yes people get annoyed including me, but we generally get over this and move on. The people who cant, are the ones, who hold petty grudges and sulk looking in on this forum. As the reality is they want to get there way and are kind of blackmailing the forum. In that they wont join, unless some people are banned from here. What does that really say about those individuals? As I see this happen on twitter all the time, where people look to get people silenced and banned

I certainly do not and by the way, I have never been moderated on twitter and they have strict rules

You like being very combative.

You're in the right place.
Maddog
Maddog
The newsfix Queen

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Thu Jan 16, 2020 10:45 pm

Brutus wrote:
Maddog wrote:Wolfie is banned for two weeks for attacking another poster despite being warned and repeatedly told not to.

Please see other adult  "disagreements" with posters on other threads and see the difference between debate and attack.

This is how moderation works. It's why there is a basement and ban  function on forums.

Not sure who this Andy guy is as he doesn't seem to be around, but he seems to be the subject of some pretty torrid and personal abuse on a thread he hasnt contributed to.
I ticked the rules box which clearly says that is not permitted.
Perhaps this place isn't for me, unless someone can justify those comments, as I certainlywouldnt want to be subjected to posts like that..

I thought it was a micky take thread, based around Andy being a long time labour supporter. Who continually defended Corbyn only recently on here, before he took a time out from here and hope he returns. His poems are great, but did not see a torrent of abuse directed towards him. Only one poster called him a coward for not facing the forum

See this is a great example of how people will chose to interpret something they read. I dont think Tommy had any intent to be abuses but take the piss

Yeah ho

Can you show me examples of this torrent of abuse towards Andy?

Back to top Go down

Post by Original Quill Thu Jan 16, 2020 10:48 pm

Wait. You think attack is the distinction?

You are always attacking me, particularly dwelling on my life and the professions I have had. You have no interest in my past. It's none of your business. It is for the sole purpose of attacking me.

Perhaps you should be banned for two weeks.

Original Quill
Forum Detective ????‍♀️

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Thu Jan 16, 2020 10:48 pm

Maddog wrote:
Thorin wrote:

You like being very combative.

You're in the right place.  

I am in the right place for all the places i debate on

The reality is with have entered an era of people being a cancel and ban culture. Which we need to get away from

Yes I like a good argument and the next day move on

Its not hard to do

Back to top Go down

Post by Original Quill Thu Jan 16, 2020 10:53 pm

phil wrote:Can you show me examples of this torrent of abuse towards Andy?

Oh pleeeeze...fookin' pleeeese. When did it stop?

Original Quill
Forum Detective ????‍♀️

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down

Page 1 of 2 1, 2  Next