Please help us recruit new/old members

Page 2 of 2 Previous  1, 2

Go down

Please help us recruit new/old members - Page 2 Empty Please help us recruit new/old members

Post by Ben Reilly on Thu Jan 16, 2020 6:32 am

First topic message reminder :

Let's face it -- this place has stagnated a bit, and I think that some new members would help liven things up. So if there's anybody you know who you think would like it here, please ask them to join up.

On forums that have run for years, people do tend to get a bit bored of one another after a while. So let's find some new blood!

_________________
"When I look into your eyes, your love is there for me
And the more I go inside, the more there is to see ...

Makes no difference where you are
or where you're meant to be"

- The Beatles
Ben Reilly
Ben Reilly
Cowboy King. Dread Pirate of the Guadalupe. Robin Hood of Epping Forest. Fifty Shades of Cray.

Posts : 28162
Join date : 2013-01-20
Age : 45
Location : Legal residence: Texas. Heart home: England

http://www.newsfixboard.com

Back to top Go down


Please help us recruit new/old members - Page 2 Empty Re: Please help us recruit new/old members

Post by Maddog on Fri Jan 17, 2020 9:54 am

Thorin wrote:
Maddog wrote:

You like being very combative.

You're in the right place.  

I am in the right place for all the places i debate on

The reality is with have entered an era of people being a cancel and ban culture. Which we need to get away from

Yes I like a good argument and the next day move on

Its not hard to do

A good argument, isn't the same as a civil debate, and neither are the same as childish insults as a substitute for debate.

I have had numerous conversations with Eizel. He and I are about as polar opposite as two people can get. I challenge you to find a post where we called each other a name or sunk to personal attacks.

It's not about the positions of different posters, but their attitude and possibly their mental health.

_________________
pa·ter·nal·ism

noun

The policy or practice on the part of people in positions of authority of restricting the freedom and responsibilities of those subordinate to them in the subordinates' supposed best interest.
Maddog
Maddog

Posts : 6463
Join date : 2017-09-23
Location : Texas

Back to top Go down

Please help us recruit new/old members - Page 2 Empty Re: Please help us recruit new/old members

Post by Thorin on Fri Jan 17, 2020 9:56 am

Original Quill wrote:
phil wrote:Can you show me examples of this torrent of abuse towards Andy?

Oh pleeeeze...fookin' pleeeese.  When did it stop?

These were the only comments made about |Andy, so please point out the torrent of abuse?

Tommy Monk wrote:Not seen him since his beloved labour party got the drubbing of a lifetime in the election...
Is he still too upset and embarrassed to show himself on here...?
Or maybe he has spontaneously combusted in a fit of rage...?
lol!

and

nicko wrote:I think he pissed off because after all the bulling up of the Labour Party they were wiped out !   He is frightened of the "stick" he'll get if he comes back. Coward !

and

Tommy Monk wrote:Sounds like Andy has found an echo chamber full of labtards who all spew left wing bullshit and all agree with each other...



nicko wrote:He voted Labour you dick, did you not read his posts praising Labour to the Sky's ,? If he said Green he's lying , he voted Labour ,period !

That was the only posts

http://www.newsfixboard.com/t28489-where-s-andy-gone#538865

Thorin

Posts : 10124
Join date : 2018-11-17

Back to top Go down

Please help us recruit new/old members - Page 2 Empty Re: Please help us recruit new/old members

Post by Thorin on Fri Jan 17, 2020 10:01 am

Maddog wrote:
Thorin wrote:

I am in the right place for all the places i debate on

The reality is with have entered an era of people being a cancel and ban culture. Which we need to get away from

Yes I like a good argument and the next day move on

Its not hard to do

A good argument, isn't  the same as a civil debate, and neither are the same as childish insults as a substitute for debate.

I have had numerous conversations with Eizel. He and I are about as polar opposite as two people can get. I challenge you to find a post where we called each other a name or sunk to personal attacks.

It's not about the positions of different posters, but their attitude and possibly their mental health.

Well maybe you need to get out more bud

Some people move on and some people are bothered by words as in your case

I learnt the other day that the c word, is used like cotten candy in Aus.

I even asked these aussie ladies if they ever called their parents this and they said yes.

Its no big deal to them and kind of done in humour as well

I have had people question my mental health before, and not one of them has any training medically or with psychology

Its really odd and poor when people use such statements, as they are generally used as a weapon to get at people

Like I said, you keep coming back, so it clearly does not bother you that much does it?

And you are certainly rude towards Quill and wolf in return.

So even you get triggered

Thorin

Posts : 10124
Join date : 2018-11-17

Back to top Go down

Please help us recruit new/old members - Page 2 Empty Re: Please help us recruit new/old members

Post by Maddog on Fri Jan 17, 2020 10:06 am

Thorin wrote:
Maddog wrote:

A good argument, isn't  the same as a civil debate, and neither are the same as childish insults as a substitute for debate.

I have had numerous conversations with Eizel. He and I are about as polar opposite as two people can get. I challenge you to find a post where we called each other a name or sunk to personal attacks.

It's not about the positions of different posters, but their attitude and possibly their mental health.

Well maybe you need to get out more bud

Some people move on and some people are bothered by words as in your case

I learnt the other day that the c word, is used like cotten candy in Aus.

I even asked these aussie ladies if they ever called their parents this and they said yes.

Its no big deal to them and kind of done in humour as well

I have had people question my mental health before, and not one of them has any training medically or with psychology

Its really odd and poor when people use such statements, as they are generally used as a weapon to get at people

Like I said, you keep coming back, so it clearly does not bother you that much does it?

And you are certainly rude towards Quill and wolf in return.

So even you get triggered

I'm out plenty.

And I haven't commented to either of those two in months.

I'll let you have all that pleasure. Rolling Eyes

_________________
pa·ter·nal·ism

noun

The policy or practice on the part of people in positions of authority of restricting the freedom and responsibilities of those subordinate to them in the subordinates' supposed best interest.
Maddog
Maddog

Posts : 6463
Join date : 2017-09-23
Location : Texas

Back to top Go down

Please help us recruit new/old members - Page 2 Empty Re: Please help us recruit new/old members

Post by Thorin on Fri Jan 17, 2020 10:09 am

Maddog wrote:
Thorin wrote:

Well maybe you need to get out more bud

Some people move on and some people are bothered by words as in your case

I learnt the other day that the c word, is used like cotten candy in Aus.

I even asked these aussie ladies if they ever called their parents this and they said yes.

Its no big deal to them and kind of done in humour as well

I have had people question my mental health before, and not one of them has any training medically or with psychology

Its really odd and poor when people use such statements, as they are generally used as a weapon to get at people

Like I said, you keep coming back, so it clearly does not bother you that much does it?

And you are certainly rude towards Quill and wolf in return.

So even you get triggered

I'm out plenty.

And I haven't commented to either of those two in months.

I'll let you have all that pleasure. Rolling Eyes

You call quill as i do Walter Mitty, which has meaning does it not?

So dont tell porkies mate

You see, even I and quill can get into right arguments and I can promise like you not to debate him, but unlike you. I move on and jump back into the frying pan again. As its not that big a deal and have actually nothing against anyone..

I dont hold grudges, maybe you need to learn to do the same

I mean get out more than the US and you will se people have different cultures and ways about them

Just a thought mind mate

Thorin

Posts : 10124
Join date : 2018-11-17

Back to top Go down

Please help us recruit new/old members - Page 2 Empty Re: Please help us recruit new/old members

Post by Maddog on Fri Jan 17, 2020 10:17 am

Thorin wrote:
Maddog wrote:

I'm out plenty.

And I haven't commented to either of those two in months.

I'll let you have all that pleasure. Rolling Eyes

You call quill as i do Walter Mitty, which has meaning does it not?

So dont tell porkies mate

You see, even I and quill can get into right arguments and I can promise like you not to debate him, but unlike you. I move on and jump back into the frying pan again. As its not that big a deal and have actually nothing against anyone..

I dont hold grudges, maybe you need to learn to do the same

I mean get out more than the US and you will se people have different cultures and ways about them

Just a thought mind mate

I haven't commented to them. I may comment about them now and then.

Good job in the frying pan of Newsfix.

Rolling Eyes

_________________
pa·ter·nal·ism

noun

The policy or practice on the part of people in positions of authority of restricting the freedom and responsibilities of those subordinate to them in the subordinates' supposed best interest.
Maddog
Maddog

Posts : 6463
Join date : 2017-09-23
Location : Texas

Back to top Go down

Please help us recruit new/old members - Page 2 Empty Re: Please help us recruit new/old members

Post by Thorin on Fri Jan 17, 2020 10:21 am

Maddog wrote:
Thorin wrote:

You call quill as i do Walter Mitty, which has meaning does it not?

So dont tell porkies mate

You see, even I and quill can get into right arguments and I can promise like you not to debate him, but unlike you. I move on and jump back into the frying pan again. As its not that big a deal and have actually nothing against anyone..

I dont hold grudges, maybe you need to learn to do the same

I mean get out more than the US and you will se people have different cultures and ways about them

Just a thought mind mate

I haven't commented to them. I may comment about them now and then.

Good job in the frying pan of Newsfix.

Rolling Eyes


But continual comment about them. So why comment about them, if you have them on ignore?

Its a complete contradiction

To be fair, Wolf has not sounded off in ages until today

I love the frying pan mate.  Cool

All the best, its late and have work tomorrow

So goodnight

Thorin

Posts : 10124
Join date : 2018-11-17

Back to top Go down

Please help us recruit new/old members - Page 2 Empty Re: Please help us recruit new/old members

Post by Maddog on Fri Jan 17, 2020 10:48 am

Thorin wrote:
Maddog wrote:

I haven't commented to them. I may comment about them now and then.

Good job in the frying pan of Newsfix.

Rolling Eyes


But continual comment about them. So why comment about them, if you have them on ignore?

Its a complete contradiction

To be fair, Wolf has not sounded off in ages until today

I love the frying pan mate.  Cool

All the best, its late and have work tomorrow

So goodnight

Ciao!

_________________
pa·ter·nal·ism

noun

The policy or practice on the part of people in positions of authority of restricting the freedom and responsibilities of those subordinate to them in the subordinates' supposed best interest.
Maddog
Maddog

Posts : 6463
Join date : 2017-09-23
Location : Texas

Back to top Go down

Please help us recruit new/old members - Page 2 Empty Re: Please help us recruit new/old members

Post by gelico on Fri Jan 17, 2020 11:02 am

Maddog wrote:
Thorin wrote:

I am in the right place for all the places i debate on

The reality is with have entered an era of people being a cancel and ban culture. Which we need to get away from

Yes I like a good argument and the next day move on

Its not hard to do

A good argument, isn't  the same as a civil debate, and neither are the same as childish insults as a substitute for debate.

I have had numerous conversations with Eizel. He and I are about as polar opposite as two people can get. I challenge you to find a post where we called each other a name or sunk to personal attacks.

It's not about the positions of different posters, but their attitude and possibly their mental health.

yeah, should have added you to the list of good posters. never seen you get pissed off and ranty and abusive either and very rarely seen it from les, nor eddie

i think most people are capable of good debate.

however, i still feel that the pointless, mindless insult throwing would be very off putting for any newbie so,,,,,

gelico

Posts : 775
Join date : 2019-05-04

Back to top Go down

Please help us recruit new/old members - Page 2 Empty Re: Please help us recruit new/old members

Post by Maddog on Fri Jan 17, 2020 11:22 am

gelico wrote:
Maddog wrote:

A good argument, isn't  the same as a civil debate, and neither are the same as childish insults as a substitute for debate.

I have had numerous conversations with Eizel. He and I are about as polar opposite as two people can get. I challenge you to find a post where we called each other a name or sunk to personal attacks.

It's not about the positions of different posters, but their attitude and possibly their mental health.

yeah, should have added you to the list of good posters.  never seen you get pissed off and ranty and abusive either and very rarely seen it from les, nor eddie

i think most people are capable of good debate.

however, i still feel that the pointless, mindless insult throwing would be very off putting for any newbie so,,,,,

I make every attempt to talk to people the same here, as I would in person. I can have a discussion with someone who disagrees with me, while in person, and it's funny how they never get personal with me.

_________________
pa·ter·nal·ism

noun

The policy or practice on the part of people in positions of authority of restricting the freedom and responsibilities of those subordinate to them in the subordinates' supposed best interest.
Maddog
Maddog

Posts : 6463
Join date : 2017-09-23
Location : Texas

Back to top Go down

Please help us recruit new/old members - Page 2 Empty Re: Please help us recruit new/old members

Post by Eilzel on Fri Jan 17, 2020 11:53 am

Just as a general view on why forums lose posters, I don'5 think calling for tighter rules is neccesarily the way.

I've been on all the forums since Sky for 10 years now.

Sky closed due to abusive posting that ultimately a major organisation like Sky couldn't associate with.
Sphinx's ADO started very lax and was hyper abusive (makes NF seem a tea party) until she was railroaded into heavy modding - then everyone left.
Electric Sky (that's the name, right?) and Speak Free were made with the intent of fair modding but both collapsed due to disagreements among mods on what was allowable.
In a Flap has been a dead horse for years and has had almost zero moderation.
NF is now fairly lax but sometimes there is consensus among the mods.

Clearly from the above it is heavy moderation or no moderation that killed forums.

I don't think we can blame individuals either: sassy, andy, veya, 4eva and others, have left for very different reasons than Horation, raggs, Nems and Syl.

I agree with Didge's point that small forums struggle to survive in the social media age. Personally I think since the break up of Sky the numbers have only gradually fallen, with very few new people coming along.

_________________
"The reactionary is always willing to take a progressive attitude on any issue that is dead" Teddy Roosevelt

"The beginning of wisdom is the definition of terms" Socrates
Eilzel
Eilzel
Speaker of the House

Posts : 8301
Join date : 2013-12-13
Age : 34
Location : Lan Na

Back to top Go down

Please help us recruit new/old members - Page 2 Empty Re: Please help us recruit new/old members

Post by Fred Moletrousers on Fri Jan 17, 2020 9:41 pm

Brutus wrote:My initial thoughts are that there is a range war going on here, although I have yet to work out which side people are on, or who is right and who is wrong.
There does seem a lot of anger and vitriol, which does not auger well and certainly doesn't reach out to me as a site of great appeal.
I will just watch.

Oh, don't give up on us - I have a gut feeling that you're not so thin-skinned as to make a flouncing exit (Netxit ?) as soon as some-one says "boo!"

Whichever "side" you choose to lend your support, t'others will immediately quote Julius Caesar..."Et tu, Brute?" and you will forever be labelled as either a "fascist, neo-con nazi" or "ranting Lefty loon."

I have the satisfaction of having been called both on forums over the years!
Fred Moletrousers
Fred Moletrousers
MABEL, THE GREAT ZOG

Posts : 3009
Join date : 2014-01-23

Back to top Go down

Please help us recruit new/old members - Page 2 Empty Re: Please help us recruit new/old members

Post by eddie on Sun Jan 19, 2020 8:04 am

Maddog wrote:
eddie wrote:
Maddog wrote:

Why?

Do you find calling people names from behind a screen an enjoyable hobby?

You had plenty of posters here. They are gone, and that's on you.  

No it isn’t. It’s on them.

They voted with their feet (or fingers).

Anytime you create a product and you lose clients or customers, it's on you to make the product more appealing to bring back the ones you lost and keep the ones you have.

People only have so much time in the day, and oddly enough, many would not like to spend that limited time reading someone call someone else a "a lying piece of shit".

People are funny like that.

But keep blaming everyone else for what happens around here.

That's just one more reason not to recommend this place.    

Okay so what’s the alternative? Banning every “abusive” word or anybody that uses a word you don’t like?

_________________
”The true genius shudders at incompleteness - and usually prefers silence to saying something which is not everything it should be.“
~ Edgar Allan Poe
eddie
eddie
King of Beards. Keeper of the Whip. Top Chef. BEES!!!!!! Mushroom muncher. Spider aficionado!

Posts : 40061
Join date : 2013-07-29
Age : 49
Location : England

Back to top Go down

Please help us recruit new/old members - Page 2 Empty Re: Please help us recruit new/old members

Post by eddie on Sun Jan 19, 2020 8:10 am

Brutus wrote:My initial thoughts are that there is a range war going on here, although I have yet to work out which side people are on, or who is right and who is wrong.
There does seem a lot of anger and vitriol, which does not auger well and certainly doesn't reach out to me as a site of great appeal.
I will just watch.


Okay Brutus, sometimes people get very angry and abusive (I don’t, generally) but you have to rise above it and not play their game, not stoop to their level.
If you have a very thin skin then you’re going to be easily upset.

Just remember this, when someone abuses during a debate they’re probably triggered or just a very bad debater.

Don’t be put off.

If you have any problems please PM one of the admin.

_________________
”The true genius shudders at incompleteness - and usually prefers silence to saying something which is not everything it should be.“
~ Edgar Allan Poe
eddie
eddie
King of Beards. Keeper of the Whip. Top Chef. BEES!!!!!! Mushroom muncher. Spider aficionado!

Posts : 40061
Join date : 2013-07-29
Age : 49
Location : England

Back to top Go down

Please help us recruit new/old members - Page 2 Empty Re: Please help us recruit new/old members

Post by eddie on Sun Jan 19, 2020 9:12 am

Brutus wrote:
Maddog wrote:Wolfie is banned for two weeks for attacking another poster despite being warned and repeatedly told not to.

It's not his first time for being banned for the exact same thing

Perhaps no one is understanding that you simply cannot arrive and attack someone for no reason other than you disagree????

Please see other adult  "disagreements" with posters on other threads and see the difference between debate and attack.

Seems some of you simply cannot help yourselves.


This is how moderation works. It's why there is a basement and ban  function on forums.

Getting back to this mindset would make this place far more appealing.  

Not sure who this Andy guy is as he doesn't seem to be around, but he seems to be the subject of some pretty torrid and personal abuse on a thread he hasnt contributed to.
I ticked the rules box which clearly says that is not permitted.
Perhaps this place isn't for me, unless someone can justify those comments, as I certainlywouldnt want to be subjected to posts like that..

Like I’ve said already, debates get heated on here but I will say this: if someone on here gets really unwell, or asks for help, all wars are put aside....

I think that says a lot.

_________________
”The true genius shudders at incompleteness - and usually prefers silence to saying something which is not everything it should be.“
~ Edgar Allan Poe
eddie
eddie
King of Beards. Keeper of the Whip. Top Chef. BEES!!!!!! Mushroom muncher. Spider aficionado!

Posts : 40061
Join date : 2013-07-29
Age : 49
Location : England

Back to top Go down

Please help us recruit new/old members - Page 2 Empty Re: Please help us recruit new/old members

Post by 'Wolfie on Sun Jan 19, 2020 10:39 am

Maddog wrote:
Thorin wrote:

I am in the right place for all the places i debate on

The reality is with have entered an era of people being a cancel and ban culture. Which we need to get away from

Yes I like a good argument and the next day move on

Its not hard to do

A good argument, isn't  the same as a civil debate, and neither are the same as childish insults as a substitute for debate.

I have had numerous conversations with Eizel. He and I are about as polar opposite as two people can get. I challenge you to find a post where we called each other a name or sunk to personal attacks.

It's not about the positions of different posters, but their attitude and possibly their mental health.
Razz

Interesting to see FatDog referring to other people's "mental health"....

When the only person on here who's even more loopy and unbalanced will be nicko on one of his cranky meltdown days..

DopeyDawg's inbred craziness is well evidenced by his faux "libertarian" diatribes, his constant one-eyed  defence of guns in America and their manufacturers, and his anti-charity and anti-worker proclivities.

_________________
It's not what you look at that matters, it's what you see.
Our life is frittered away by details. Simplify, simplify.
The mass of men lead lives of quite desperation.
Henry David Thoreau
'Wolfie
'Wolfie

Posts : 8006
Join date : 2016-02-25
Age : 61
Location : Lake Macquarie, NSW, Australia

Back to top Go down

Please help us recruit new/old members - Page 2 Empty Re: Please help us recruit new/old members

Post by Maddog on Sun Jan 19, 2020 10:40 am

eddie wrote:
Maddog wrote:

They voted with their feet (or fingers).

Anytime you create a product and you lose clients or customers, it's on you to make the product more appealing to bring back the ones you lost and keep the ones you have.

People only have so much time in the day, and oddly enough, many would not like to spend that limited time reading someone call someone else a "a lying piece of shit".

People are funny like that.

But keep blaming everyone else for what happens around here.

That's just one more reason not to recommend this place.    

Okay so what’s the alternative? Banning every “abusive” word or anybody that uses a word you don’t like?

People have been put in the basement before for constantly attacking posters instead of the topic. You know how to do it. And, It's not about abusive words. It's about abusive behavior.

_________________
pa·ter·nal·ism

noun

The policy or practice on the part of people in positions of authority of restricting the freedom and responsibilities of those subordinate to them in the subordinates' supposed best interest.
Maddog
Maddog

Posts : 6463
Join date : 2017-09-23
Location : Texas

Back to top Go down

Please help us recruit new/old members - Page 2 Empty Re: Please help us recruit new/old members

Post by Maddog on Sun Jan 19, 2020 10:44 am

"NewsFix is a forum that encourages insults and personal attacks while ignoring topics pertaining to current events and ideas. Sign up if you're interested!"

What the real description should read.

_________________
pa·ter·nal·ism

noun

The policy or practice on the part of people in positions of authority of restricting the freedom and responsibilities of those subordinate to them in the subordinates' supposed best interest.
Maddog
Maddog

Posts : 6463
Join date : 2017-09-23
Location : Texas

Back to top Go down

Please help us recruit new/old members - Page 2 Empty Re: Please help us recruit new/old members

Post by gelico on Sun Jan 19, 2020 11:39 am

eddie wrote:
Maddog wrote:

They voted with their feet (or fingers).

Anytime you create a product and you lose clients or customers, it's on you to make the product more appealing to bring back the ones you lost and keep the ones you have.

People only have so much time in the day, and oddly enough, many would not like to spend that limited time reading someone call someone else a "a lying piece of shit".

People are funny like that.

But keep blaming everyone else for what happens around here.

That's just one more reason not to recommend this place.    

Okay so what’s the alternative? Banning every “abusive” word or anybody that uses a word you don’t like?

oh eddie you need to get outside of yourself on this

just look at maddogs post about him and les. he mentioned mental health. my own mental health has spilled over onto here on occasion so i think it was a perfectly valid comment

now look at wolf's response

you're big enough to know the difference between swear words, or the odd ''twat'' comment and full on abusive posts. surely you can see the difference

some have already left due to certain things that have been said on here so here's your choice

you can let things be as they are and have not much hope of attracting anyone knew

or you can get tough with the culprits and take some action

all i'm saying is just because you personally don't care about insults (nor do i). that doesn't make them any less tedious and boring when a thread gets derailed just because someone is determined to behave like an ill bred moron.

but if you want to attract a wider audience then you have to realise that most people want civil debate not name calling so i'm sure you can understand why anyone would be put off when looking in here

your forum, your choice


gelico

Posts : 775
Join date : 2019-05-04

Back to top Go down

Please help us recruit new/old members - Page 2 Empty Re: Please help us recruit new/old members

Post by Original Quill on Sun Jan 19, 2020 11:45 am

Maddog wrote:"NewsFix is a forum that encourages insults and personal attacks while ignoring topics pertaining to current events and ideas. Sign up if you're interested!"

What the real description should read.  

That's your perception. You came on board with your "gotcha" style.

Some, however, have a rational style that is a joy to watch. Cass is one. So is Fred...albeit, across the fence.

_________________
“Little thieves are hanged, but great thieves are praised.” — Old Russian proverb, offered by Vladimir Putin to Donald J. Trump, Helsinki, July, 2018.

"I don't stand by anything."  ― Donald Trump, interview with John Dickerson, 5.1.17...

Normal is broken.

“That's libertarians for you — anarchists who want police protection from their slaves.” ― Kim Stanley Robinson, Green Mars
Original Quill
Original Quill

Posts : 31201
Join date : 2013-12-19
Age : 54
Location : Northern California

Back to top Go down

Please help us recruit new/old members - Page 2 Empty Re: Please help us recruit new/old members

Post by nicko on Sun Jan 19, 2020 3:38 pm

Lets not beat about the Bush, the main reason for losing members is one word ,and that word is Wolfie.! Why posters are so frightened to put his name up is a mystery . If members were honest they would agree !
nicko
nicko

Posts : 12937
Join date : 2013-12-07
Age : 79
Location : rainbow bridge

Back to top Go down

Please help us recruit new/old members - Page 2 Empty Re: Please help us recruit new/old members

Post by Eilzel on Sun Jan 19, 2020 4:11 pm

nicko wrote:   Lets not beat about the Bush, the main reason for losing members is one word ,and that word is Wolfie.! Why posters are so frightened to put his name up is a mystery .  If members were honest they would agree !

You're wrong nicko. You 'might' be right on posters like Horatio, Syl and Raggs - though I don't think you entirely are even with them, they left after a very specific argument, though tbh unless they clarified we'll never know.
But wolfie was not the reason for the likes of veya, sassy, Andy, 4eva and others to stop posting.

_________________
"The reactionary is always willing to take a progressive attitude on any issue that is dead" Teddy Roosevelt

"The beginning of wisdom is the definition of terms" Socrates
Eilzel
Eilzel
Speaker of the House

Posts : 8301
Join date : 2013-12-13
Age : 34
Location : Lan Na

Back to top Go down

Please help us recruit new/old members - Page 2 Empty Re: Please help us recruit new/old members

Post by Maddog on Sun Jan 19, 2020 5:10 pm

Eilzel wrote:
nicko wrote:   Lets not beat about the Bush, the main reason for losing members is one word ,and that word is Wolfie.! Why posters are so frightened to put his name up is a mystery .  If members were honest they would agree !

You're wrong nicko. You 'might' be right on posters like Horatio, Syl and Raggs - though I don't think you entirely are even with them, they left after a very specific argument, though tbh unless they clarified we'll never know.
But wolfie was not the reason for the likes of veya, sassy, Andy, 4eva and others to stop posting.

Who was the last new poster to actually stick around.

_________________
pa·ter·nal·ism

noun

The policy or practice on the part of people in positions of authority of restricting the freedom and responsibilities of those subordinate to them in the subordinates' supposed best interest.
Maddog
Maddog

Posts : 6463
Join date : 2017-09-23
Location : Texas

Back to top Go down

Please help us recruit new/old members - Page 2 Empty Re: Please help us recruit new/old members

Post by 'Wolfie on Sun Jan 19, 2020 6:54 pm

nicko wrote:   Lets not beat about the Bush, the main reason for losing members is one word ,and that word is Wolfie.! Why posters are so frightened to put his name up is a mystery .  If members were honest they would agree !
Please help us recruit new/old members - Page 2 3489511464

You senile old dipshit...

_________________
It's not what you look at that matters, it's what you see.
Our life is frittered away by details. Simplify, simplify.
The mass of men lead lives of quite desperation.
Henry David Thoreau
'Wolfie
'Wolfie

Posts : 8006
Join date : 2016-02-25
Age : 61
Location : Lake Macquarie, NSW, Australia

Back to top Go down

Please help us recruit new/old members - Page 2 Empty Re: Please help us recruit new/old members

Post by 'Wolfie on Sun Jan 19, 2020 6:57 pm

Please help us recruit new/old members - Page 2 3177564460



https://youtu.be/DS0vuwr5bV8


Please help us recruit new/old members - Page 2 2696538800

_________________
It's not what you look at that matters, it's what you see.
Our life is frittered away by details. Simplify, simplify.
The mass of men lead lives of quite desperation.
Henry David Thoreau
'Wolfie
'Wolfie

Posts : 8006
Join date : 2016-02-25
Age : 61
Location : Lake Macquarie, NSW, Australia

Back to top Go down

Please help us recruit new/old members - Page 2 Empty Re: Please help us recruit new/old members

Post by nicko on Sun Jan 19, 2020 10:27 pm

He digs his hole deeper with every reply, why can't you see it ?
nicko
nicko

Posts : 12937
Join date : 2013-12-07
Age : 79
Location : rainbow bridge

Back to top Go down

Please help us recruit new/old members - Page 2 Empty Re: Please help us recruit new/old members

Post by JulesV on Mon Jan 20, 2020 5:51 am

The calibre of who you accept as members is important, Ben. Pls don't venture down questionable paths in your (understandable) desire to increase your membership. Cool

It's easy to make a forum busy the quickfix way - by filling it with the absolute dregs of the earth - but don't be tempted. Dregs can sniff desperation and they will swiftly take advantage ..… and spam your forum with their agenda.

Quality over quantity. sunny

_________________
Live Love Laugh
JulesV
JulesV

Posts : 3799
Join date : 2016-07-31
Location : Vantage Point

Back to top Go down

Please help us recruit new/old members - Page 2 Empty Re: Please help us recruit new/old members

Post by Sponsored content


Sponsored content


Back to top Go down

Page 2 of 2 Previous  1, 2

Back to top

- Similar topics

 
Permissions in this forum:
You cannot reply to topics in this forum