NewsFix
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Poll: A Third Of Democrats Believe It’s Racist To Criticize Politicians Of Color

+4
eddie
Syl
Raggamuffin
Original Quill
8 posters

Go down

Poll: A Third Of Democrats Believe It’s Racist To Criticize Politicians Of Color Empty Poll: A Third Of Democrats Believe It’s Racist To Criticize Politicians Of Color

Post by Guest Sun Jul 21, 2019 1:30 am

A new poll suggests that nearly one third of Democrats believe white politicians who criticize politicians of color are racist.

Rasmussen conducted the survey with 1,000 registered voters between July 15-16th. The survey found that 32% of Democrats agree that it is racist for any white politician to criticize the political views of politician of color.

The poll also found that 85% of Democrats believe Failing Idiot God is a racist; while 85% Republicans believe charges of racism against opponents are usually politically motivated.

https://dailycaller.com/2019/07/18/democrats-believe-racist-criticize-politicians-of-color/

Back to top Go down

Poll: A Third Of Democrats Believe It’s Racist To Criticize Politicians Of Color Empty Re: Poll: A Third Of Democrats Believe It’s Racist To Criticize Politicians Of Color

Post by Original Quill Sun Jul 21, 2019 4:08 am

"Go back to Africa" has always been a racial epithet. But, we've always known that Trump is a racist

Original Quill
Forum Detective ????‍♀️

Back to top Go down

Poll: A Third Of Democrats Believe It’s Racist To Criticize Politicians Of Color Empty Re: Poll: A Third Of Democrats Believe It’s Racist To Criticize Politicians Of Color

Post by Raggamuffin Sun Jul 21, 2019 10:57 am

It's not racist to criticise someone who is not white, unless you're criticising them because they're not white.
Raggamuffin
Raggamuffin
Forum Detective ????‍♀️

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Sun Jul 21, 2019 1:04 pm

Raggamuffin wrote:It's not racist to criticise someone who is not white, unless you're criticising them because they're not white.

Well said rags and spot on. I find it very disconcerting such a high number of people think its racist to simple be critical of someones views. That is toxic to say the least

Back to top Go down

Post by Original Quill Sun Jul 21, 2019 4:32 pm

Raggamuffin wrote:It's not racist to criticise someone who is not white, unless you're criticising them because they're not white.

Um...that's the message. Trump is carrying the banner of white nationalism into this next election. We are headed toward another race war in this country.

Original Quill
Forum Detective ????‍♀️

Back to top Go down

Post by Raggamuffin Sun Jul 21, 2019 6:13 pm

If that's the message, it needs to be more clear. To suggest that it's racist to merely criticise someone "of colour" is absurd.
Raggamuffin
Raggamuffin
Forum Detective ????‍♀️

Back to top Go down

Post by Syl Sun Jul 21, 2019 6:20 pm

So they think any politician of colour cant be criticised for the views they hold....and if they are, that's racist, but only if you are white and you criticise them....if you are black that's OK then?Razz
Syl
Syl
Forum Detective ????‍♀️

Back to top Go down

Post by Original Quill Sun Jul 21, 2019 6:50 pm

Raggamuffin wrote:If that's the message, it needs to be more clear. To suggest that it's racist to merely criticise someone "of colour" is absurd.

It's the use of racial epithets.  Certainly no one is shying away from criticizing races.  We've been doing criticizing blacks in America for 500-years.

But to say "Go back to Africa if ya don't like it, niggah," is etched in our history.  I heard it everyday in school.  In the 1960's Lee Atwater taught racist Republicans how to speak in code...you didn't say 'niggahtown', but you said 'inner city'.  In his own words:

You start out in 1954 by saying, “niggah, niggah, niggah.” By 1968 you can’t say “niggah”—that hurts you, backfires. So you say stuff like, uh, forced busing, states’ rights, and all that stuff, and you’re getting so abstract. Now, you’re talking about cutting taxes, and all these things you’re talking about are totally economic things and a byproduct of them is, blacks get hurt worse than whites.… “We want to cut this,” is much more abstract than even the busing thing, uh, and a hell of a lot more abstract than “niggah, niggahr.”

Trump goes a step backwards.  Instead of bothering with the code, he recalls the precise form...leaving out the niggah part.  Hence: 'they should go back to the shitholes they came from!'

It's a throwback to the racism and white nationalism of the 1950's.

Original Quill
Forum Detective ????‍♀️

Back to top Go down

Post by Raggamuffin Sun Jul 21, 2019 6:56 pm

Syl wrote:So they think any politician  of colour cant be criticised for the views they hold....and if they are, that's racist, but only if you are white and you criticise them....if you are black that's OK then?Razz

Exactly.
Raggamuffin
Raggamuffin
Forum Detective ????‍♀️

Back to top Go down

Post by eddie Mon Jul 22, 2019 8:18 pm

Those democrats are making a mockery of their own party. They’re dumb. Simply stupid.
And dangerous.
eddie
eddie
King of Beards. Keeper of the Whip. Top Chef. BEES!!!!!! Mushroom muncher. Spider aficionado!

Back to top Go down

Post by Ben Reilly Mon Jul 22, 2019 8:39 pm

So it's 32 percent. You take any large group of people and you're going to find people of sub-par intelligence. I promise that I can find all sorts of outlandish beliefs held by at least 32 percent of any other large group, as well:

* About 60 percent of British people believe in miracles (those sexy things!).

* About half of Republicans think Trump became president because it was the will of God.

* About two-thirds of Americans don't believe in evolution through natural selection.

I know this seems like whataboutism, but I'm trying to lend a little perspective and illustrate a larger point -- that it's easy to find a percentage of people from any group who believe things that are easily debunked.
Ben Reilly
Ben Reilly
King of Texas. Gigantic Killer Robot. Robin Hood of Epping Forest. Fifty Shades of Cray.

http://www.newsfixboard.com

Back to top Go down

Post by eddie Mon Jul 22, 2019 8:42 pm

That’s true Ben but the thread is about these idiots and what they’re doing to harm the democrats.
eddie
eddie
King of Beards. Keeper of the Whip. Top Chef. BEES!!!!!! Mushroom muncher. Spider aficionado!

Back to top Go down

Post by Ben Reilly Mon Jul 22, 2019 8:48 pm

eddie wrote:That’s true Ben but the thread is about these idiots and what they’re doing to harm the democrats.

There are always idiots out there harming their political parties or causes.

I remember seeing an interview with a woman, just a regular person on the street, who said she's a Republican who used to support George W. Bush -- until he invaded Iraq.

Because she thought we were doing it to help them, and yet she didn't see them "helping rebuild the World Trade Center."

That was a new one on me, I have to say.

There was another person who said she didn't understand why people were worried about America destroying Iraqi cities, because Iraqis all lived in caves, anyway.

It really all boils down to another attempt to malign the majority of a group by pointing out the bad things the minority does, and I'm getting bored with it, to be blunt.
Ben Reilly
Ben Reilly
King of Texas. Gigantic Killer Robot. Robin Hood of Epping Forest. Fifty Shades of Cray.

Back to top Go down

Post by eddie Mon Jul 22, 2019 9:05 pm

“It really all boils down to another attempt to malign the majority of a group by pointing out the bad things the minority does, and I'm getting bored with it, to be blunt.”

But it’s a news forum and each party can be dragged through the mud if it’s deserved, and in this instance, those 32% deserve to be mentioned as they’re dumb and this type of news should be attacked and derided by the democrats surely?
It’s like the Muslims who say “Not in my name”. The democrats here, need to speak up and say the same.

eddie
eddie

Back to top Go down

Post by gelico Mon Jul 22, 2019 9:14 pm

Syl wrote:So they think any politician  of colour cant be criticised for the views they hold....and if they are, that's racist, but only if you are white and you criticise them....if you are black that's OK then?Razz

not really,

candace owens gets heaps of abuse because she is a black conservative who dares to criticise and call out the democrats and all they can come back with is name calling

so do the ladies diamond and silk who are trump supporters.

the hatred and venom i've seen being chucked at black conservatives is appalling

gelico
Forum Detective

Back to top Go down

Post by eddie Mon Jul 22, 2019 9:46 pm

gelico wrote:

not really,

candace owens gets heaps of abuse because she is a black conservative who dares to criticise and call out the democrats and all they can come back with is name calling

the hatred and venom i've seen being chucked at black conservatives is appalling

No one should use colour as an excuse to be vile nor should they not speak out for fear of being called racist. Frankly, a person’s colour has nothing to do with how you feel about them as a human. Most logical people realise this.
eddie
eddie

Back to top Go down

Post by Ben Reilly Mon Jul 22, 2019 9:53 pm

eddie wrote:“It really all boils down to another attempt to malign the majority of a group by pointing out the bad things the minority does, and I'm getting bored with it, to be blunt.”

But it’s a news forum and each party can be dragged through the mud if it’s deserved, and in this instance, those 32% deserve to be mentioned as they’re dumb and this type of news should be attacked and derided by the democrats surely?
It’s like the Muslims who say “Not in my name”. The democrats here, need to speak up and say the same.

Yeah, I do think that many (not most) of the Democratic Party's supporters have gotten so caught up in identity politics and social justice that they've forgotten the somewhat futuristic-sounding goal of a society in which sex, race, etc. doesn't factor into how people are treated, but rather their words and actions.

I think that's part of what's going on with this 32 percent. Another part of them probably are simply afraid to criticize people of a different race, thinking they'll be seen as racist. And there's probably a number of them who were too dumb to understand the question Laughing
Ben Reilly
Ben Reilly

Back to top Go down

Post by eddie Mon Jul 22, 2019 10:09 pm

Ben Reilly wrote:
eddie wrote:“It really all boils down to another attempt to malign the majority of a group by pointing out the bad things the minority does, and I'm getting bored with it, to be blunt.”

Yeah, I do think that many (not most) of the Democratic Party's supporters have gotten so caught up in identity politics and social justice that they've forgotten the somewhat futuristic-sounding goal of a society in which sex, race, etc. doesn't factor into how people are treated, but rather their words and actions.

I think that's part of what's going on with this 32 percent. Another part of them probably are simply afraid to criticize people of a different race, thinking they'll be seen as racist. And there's probably a number of them who were too dumb to understand the question Laughing

I Agree! And you agree with me!

And I rhymed too. Cool
eddie
eddie

Back to top Go down

Post by Maddog Mon Jul 22, 2019 10:15 pm

Original Quill wrote:"Go back to Africa" has always been a racial epithet.  But, we've always known that Trump is a racist

What about go back to California? Shocked
Maddog
Maddog
The newsfix Queen

Back to top Go down

Post by Syl Mon Jul 22, 2019 11:46 pm

gelico wrote:

not really,

I am not saying some people are not racist towards black politicians because of their color, obviously they are, that wasn't the point i was making. I was answering this ....

A new poll suggests that nearly one third of Democrats believe white politicians who criticize politicians of color are racist..
Syl
Syl
Forum Detective ????‍♀️

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Tue Jul 23, 2019 8:04 am

Ben Reilly wrote:So it's 32 percent. You take any large group of people and you're going to find people of sub-par intelligence. I promise that I can find all sorts of outlandish beliefs held by at least 32 percent of any other large group, as well:

* About half of Republicans think Trump became president because it was the will of God.

* About two-thirds of Americans don't believe in evolution through natural selection.

I know this seems like whataboutism, but I'm trying to lend a little perspective and illustrate a larger point -- that it's easy to find a percentage of people from any group who believe things that are easily debunked.

Yes but this shows people are going down a path. Where they simple shout racism and try to shut down any discourse

I think this is showing how more and more identity politics is so damaging and leading people into tribal groups

Everyone is open to criticism and or people to believe they cannot be simple based on gender, sexuality, race etc. Is people seeking to place an imaginary barrier to around people. In order to stop them facing any criticism for their views. Frankly I think your country is beyond repair and is heading for disaster by how polarizes the nation has become.

Back to top Go down

Post by 'Wolfie Tue Jul 23, 2019 9:47 am

phildidge wrote:
Ben Reilly wrote:So it's 32 percent. You take any large group of people and you're going to find people of sub-par intelligence. I promise that I can find all sorts of outlandish beliefs held by at least 32 percent of any other large group, as well:

Yes but this shows people are going down a path. Where they simple shout racism and try to shut down any discourse

I think this is showing how more and more identity politics is so damaging and leading people into tribal groups

Everyone is open to criticism and or people to believe they cannot be simple based on gender, sexuality, race etc. Is people seeking to place an imaginary barrier to around people. In order to stop them facing any criticism for their views. Frankly I think your country is beyond repair and is heading for disaster by how polarizes the nation has become.

Arrow

The DisUnited States of Ahmerika is big enough and bad enough that it could comfortably dissolve into 3 or 4 smaller entities; if it keeps on going down this same path..

Doubling the number of countries comprising North America..
'Wolfie
'Wolfie
Forum Detective ????‍♀️

Back to top Go down

Post by Maddog Tue Jul 23, 2019 6:10 pm

WhoseYourWolfie wrote:
phildidge wrote:

Arrow

The DisUnited States of Ahmerika is big enough and bad enough that it could comfortably dissolve into 3 or 4 smaller entities; if it keeps on going down this same path..

Doubling the number of countries comprising North America..

I emailed Abe Lincoln.

He said no chance.
Maddog
Maddog
The newsfix Queen

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down