NewsFix
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Homeowner is ordered to pay £40,000 for butchering a protected tree which blocked sunlight from the master bedroom balcony of his £1million home

2 posters

Go down

Homeowner is ordered to pay £40,000 for butchering a protected tree which blocked sunlight from the master bedroom balcony of his £1million home Empty Homeowner is ordered to pay £40,000 for butchering a protected tree which blocked sunlight from the master bedroom balcony of his £1million home

Post by HoratioTarr Fri Mar 22, 2019 11:16 am

A wealthy homeowner who butchered a protected tree because it blocked the sunlight from his new balcony has been ordered to pay out nearly £40,000.

In the first case of its kind in Britain, Samuel Wilson, 40, was told he must reimburse the taxpayer £21,000 - the amount his illegal act added to the value of his £1m home in affluent Canford Cliffs in Poole, Dorset.

He was also fined £1,200 and ordered to pay £15,000 in costs.

In receiving his punishment, Wilson became the first person to be dealt with under Proceeds of Crime Act for a case involving damaging a tree to improve light.

https://www.dailymail.co.uk/news/article-6838381/Homeowner-pay-nearly-40-000-butchering-tree-blocked-sunlight-new-balcony.html
HoratioTarr
HoratioTarr
Forum Detective ????‍♀️

Back to top Go down

Homeowner is ordered to pay £40,000 for butchering a protected tree which blocked sunlight from the master bedroom balcony of his £1million home Empty Re: Homeowner is ordered to pay £40,000 for butchering a protected tree which blocked sunlight from the master bedroom balcony of his £1million home

Post by HoratioTarr Fri Mar 22, 2019 11:17 am

Good. Do people truly realise how long it takes for a tree to grow and the benefits they offer us from pollution?
HoratioTarr
HoratioTarr
Forum Detective ????‍♀️

Back to top Go down

Homeowner is ordered to pay £40,000 for butchering a protected tree which blocked sunlight from the master bedroom balcony of his £1million home Empty Re: Homeowner is ordered to pay £40,000 for butchering a protected tree which blocked sunlight from the master bedroom balcony of his £1million home

Post by Syl Fri Mar 22, 2019 12:59 pm

I have huge trees in my garden, I have asked neighbours who's gardens are sometimes in the shade if they mind, they dont.
I suppose it helps that the neighbours most affected are Indian and they dont like the sun anyway. Laughing
One Christmas tree that started off in the house over 30 years ago now towers above the house, it's been a home to many birds and animals and a tree den for son and friends and grandson when they were young.

It would break my heart if we had to lose it.
Syl
Syl
Forum Detective ????‍♀️

Back to top Go down

Post by HoratioTarr Fri Mar 22, 2019 4:14 pm

Syl wrote:I have huge trees in my garden, I have asked neighbours who's gardens are sometimes in the shade if they mind, they dont.
I suppose it helps that the neighbours most affected are Indian and they dont like the sun anyway. Laughing
One Christmas tree that started off in the house over 30 years ago now towers above the house, it's been a home to many birds and animals and a tree den for son and friends and grandson when they were young.

I love trees. I love walking near them and beneath them. They have a special energy.
HoratioTarr
HoratioTarr
Forum Detective ????‍♀️

Back to top Go down

Post by Syl Fri Mar 22, 2019 9:38 pm

HoratioTarr wrote:
Syl wrote:I have huge trees in my garden, I have asked neighbours who's gardens are sometimes in the shade if they mind, they dont.

I love trees.   I love walking near them and beneath them.  They have a special energy.

I agree, I dont claim to be spiritual like you, Mags, Eddie etc, but I feel the same sort of ….belonging or something, when I am near the countryside or the coast.
I wont even throw a house plant away if there is a glimmer of hope for it's survival. Smile
Syl
Syl
Forum Detective ????‍♀️

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down