NewsFix
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Resurfaced 1971 Playboy interview of John Wayne in which he makes homophobic and racist remarks sparks controversy on social media, as many discover for the first time the Hollywood icon's contentious opinions

4 posters

Go down

Resurfaced 1971 Playboy interview of John Wayne in which he makes homophobic and racist remarks sparks controversy on social media, as many discover for the first time the Hollywood icon's contentious opinions Empty Resurfaced 1971 Playboy interview of John Wayne in which he makes homophobic and racist remarks sparks controversy on social media, as many discover for the first time the Hollywood icon's contentious opinions

Post by Guest Wed Feb 20, 2019 1:03 pm

An interview with John Wayne in 1971 where he said he 'believes in white supremacy' has resurfaced and caused a stir online.

The iconic actor who stared in classics such as True Grit and The Alamo told Playboy almost 50 years ago that 'Hollywood studios are carrying their tokenism a little too far'.

He also called Native Americans 'selfish' and said they should 'pay as much for Alcatraz as we paid them for Manhattan.'

Matt Williams, a screenwriter, tweeted excerpts of Wayne’s interview, and prompted a furious debate over how to address comments from the past.

https://www.dailymail.co.uk/news/article-6723049/John-Wayne-interview-Playboy-makes-racist-homophobic-comments-resurfaces.html

Back to top Go down

Resurfaced 1971 Playboy interview of John Wayne in which he makes homophobic and racist remarks sparks controversy on social media, as many discover for the first time the Hollywood icon's contentious opinions Empty Re: Resurfaced 1971 Playboy interview of John Wayne in which he makes homophobic and racist remarks sparks controversy on social media, as many discover for the first time the Hollywood icon's contentious opinions

Post by The Devil, You Know Wed Feb 20, 2019 1:09 pm

remember the days when you could speak your mind without some mob of snowflakes wetting their panties. It's only taken them 41 years to dig this up. I wonder if it will affect the Duke getting any more roles.

as to the homophobic comments weren't there rumours that Wayne rode side saddle himself????
The Devil, You Know
The Devil, You Know
Forum Detective ????‍♀️

Back to top Go down

Resurfaced 1971 Playboy interview of John Wayne in which he makes homophobic and racist remarks sparks controversy on social media, as many discover for the first time the Hollywood icon's contentious opinions Empty Re: Resurfaced 1971 Playboy interview of John Wayne in which he makes homophobic and racist remarks sparks controversy on social media, as many discover for the first time the Hollywood icon's contentious opinions

Post by Guest Wed Feb 20, 2019 1:26 pm

The Devil, You Know wrote:remember the days when you could speak your mind without some mob of snowflakes wetting their panties. It's only taken them 41 years to dig this up. I wonder if it will affect the Duke getting any more roles.

as to the homophobic comments weren't there rumours that Wayne rode side saddle himself????

Its history after all though mate and clearly he had poor views for the time

I take into account that it was for the time, but very much appaling his views were, which to me was born from the views he was brought up to into that time

Not sure if he batted the other way, but they say those most anti-homosexual are those most in denial

Recently read about someone who had a conversion clinic, who has now admitted to being gay

https://www.theguardian.com/world/2019/jan/25/david-matheson-former-gay-conversion-therapy-advocate-comes-out

This to me shows self denial of who they are and why some of the most ardent anti-homosexuality people tend to be homosexual. They simple cannot come to terms that they are gay. Which by their stupidity are making problems for the homosexual community. When they should be embracing who they are. Its society that has driven this again and more so with people raised religiously.

Back to top Go down

Post by The Devil, You Know Wed Feb 20, 2019 1:28 pm

Thor wrote:
The Devil, You Know wrote:remember the days when you could speak your mind without some mob of snowflakes wetting their panties. It's only taken them 41 years to dig this up. I wonder if it will affect the Duke getting any more roles.

I take into account that it was for the time, but very much appaling his views were, which to me was born from the views he was brought up to into that time

Not sure if he batted the other way, but they say those most anti-homosexual are those most in denial

Recently read about someone who had a conversion clinic, who has now admitted to being gay

https://www.theguardian.com/world/2019/jan/25/david-matheson-former-gay-conversion-therapy-advocate-comes-out

This to me shows self denial of who they are and why some of the most ardent anti-homosexuality people tend to be homosexual. They simple cannot come to terms that they are gay. Which by their stupidity are making problems for the homosexual community. When they should be embracing who they are. Its society that has driven this again and more so with people raised religiously.
not really he had pretty mainstream views for the time, that is why you should not judge history by the standards of today.
The Devil, You Know
The Devil, You Know
Forum Detective ????‍♀️

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Wed Feb 20, 2019 1:32 pm

The Devil, You Know wrote:
Thor wrote:

not really he had pretty mainstream views for the time, that is why you should not judge history by the standards of today.

The thing is I am not judging by the standards of the day

White supremacy, has been seen for a long time as abhorant, since Nazism

Such views were formed from psuedo racial science, which had its infancy in the late 19th century

Back to top Go down

Post by The Devil, You Know Wed Feb 20, 2019 7:37 pm

when men were men and snowflakes only appeared in winter
The Devil, You Know
The Devil, You Know
Forum Detective ????‍♀️

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Wed Feb 20, 2019 7:41 pm

The Devil, You Know wrote:when men were men and snowflakes only appeared in winter

Really?

You choose an actor as a man?

wow

I choose Paddy Mayne

https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Paddy_Mayne

I mean what idot would choose an actor as a role model?

Back to top Go down

Post by eddie Wed Feb 20, 2019 8:28 pm

So he said some shit.
I’m guessing he doesn’t care because he’s dead.
eddie
eddie
King of Beards. Keeper of the Whip. Top Chef. BEES!!!!!! Mushroom muncher. Spider aficionado!

Back to top Go down

Post by nicko Wed Feb 20, 2019 8:53 pm

"Get off your Horse and drink your milk", !
nicko
nicko
Forum Detective ????‍♀️

Back to top Go down

Post by eddie Wed Feb 20, 2019 8:54 pm

nicko wrote:"Get off your Horse and drink your milk",     !

I clearly remember that quote from being a kid! Hahahahaha
eddie
eddie
King of Beards. Keeper of the Whip. Top Chef. BEES!!!!!! Mushroom muncher. Spider aficionado!

Back to top Go down

Post by 'Wolfie Thu Feb 21, 2019 1:04 am

The Devil, You Know wrote:

Arrow

I guess you would have to ask his three wives and seven children about those rumours..
'Wolfie
'Wolfie
Forum Detective ????‍♀️

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down