NewsFix
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

TRUMP LAUNCHES GLOBAL CAMPAIGN TO DECRIMINALIZE HOMOSEXUALITY

3 posters

Go down

TRUMP LAUNCHES GLOBAL CAMPAIGN TO DECRIMINALIZE HOMOSEXUALITY Empty TRUMP LAUNCHES GLOBAL CAMPAIGN TO DECRIMINALIZE HOMOSEXUALITY

Post by Maddog Wed Feb 20, 2019 12:44 am

A Jerusalem Post report on the Iranian regime's public hanging of a man based on an anti-gay law led to the Trump administration's announcement on Tuesday to end the criminalization of homosexuality across the world.

The US ambassador to Germany Richard Grenell, the administration's most high-profile openly gay official, told the Post on Tuesday that "71 countries criminalize homosexuality and eight will put you to death for being gay. The Trump Administration is launching a new push with our European allies to end this human rights outrage."

Grenell is spearheading the international effort to stop the persecution of the LGBT community in countries that impose criminal penalties, including the death penalty, on homosexuals.

Grenell credited the Post in a commentary he wrote for Europe's largest paper, the German-language Bild, on February 1: "The recent press reports, first carried by The Jerusalem Post that the Iranian regime publicly hanged a 31-year-old man for being gay should be a wakeup call for anyone who supports basic human rights. Politicians, the UN, democratic governments, diplomats, and good people everywhere should speak up – and loudly. "

He added, "In Iran, where children as young as nine can be sentenced to death, gay teenagers are publicly hanged in order to terrify and intimidate others from coming out. Iran’s horrific actions are on par with the brutality and savagery regularly demonstrated by ISIS."

https://www.jpost.com/International/Trump-launches-global-campaign-to-decriminalize-homosexuality-581162

You know, Trump is bat shit crazy, but not everything he does is bad.

No doubt, most countries will just ignore this, but a little carrot and stick action could help a few oppressed people around the globe.

Maddog
Maddog
The newsfix Queen

Back to top Go down

TRUMP LAUNCHES GLOBAL CAMPAIGN TO DECRIMINALIZE HOMOSEXUALITY Empty Re: TRUMP LAUNCHES GLOBAL CAMPAIGN TO DECRIMINALIZE HOMOSEXUALITY

Post by Eilzel Wed Feb 20, 2019 1:12 am

Maddog wrote:A Jerusalem Post report on the Iranian regime's public hanging of a man based on an anti-gay law led to the Trump administration's announcement on Tuesday to end the criminalization of homosexuality across the world.

The US ambassador to Germany Richard Grenell, the administration's most high-profile openly gay official, told the Post on Tuesday that "71 countries criminalize homosexuality and eight will put you to death for being gay. The Trump Administration is launching a new push with our European allies to end this human rights outrage."

Grenell is spearheading the international effort to stop the persecution of the LGBT community in countries that impose criminal penalties, including the death penalty, on homosexuals.

Grenell credited the Post  in a commentary he wrote for Europe's largest paper, the German-language Bild, on February 1: "The recent press reports, first carried by The Jerusalem Post that the Iranian regime publicly hanged a 31-year-old man for being gay should be a wakeup call for anyone who supports basic human rights. Politicians, the UN, democratic governments, diplomats, and good people everywhere should speak up – and loudly. "

He added, "In Iran, where children as young as nine can be sentenced to death, gay teenagers are publicly hanged in order to terrify and intimidate others from coming out. Iran’s horrific actions are on par with the brutality and savagery regularly demonstrated by ISIS."

https://www.jpost.com/International/Trump-launches-global-campaign-to-decriminalize-homosexuality-581162

No doubt, most countries will just ignore this, but a little carrot and stick action could help a few oppressed people around the globe.

You know, this comes across awfully like being more about having another stick to beat Iran with Wink

But still, good on Trump, I don't care much for the real motivation if the end result is a force for good.
Eilzel
Eilzel
Speaker of the House

Back to top Go down

TRUMP LAUNCHES GLOBAL CAMPAIGN TO DECRIMINALIZE HOMOSEXUALITY Empty Re: TRUMP LAUNCHES GLOBAL CAMPAIGN TO DECRIMINALIZE HOMOSEXUALITY

Post by Maddog Wed Feb 20, 2019 1:16 am

Eilzel wrote:
Maddog wrote:A Jerusalem Post report on the Iranian regime's public hanging of a man based on an anti-gay law led to the Trump administration's announcement on Tuesday to end the criminalization of homosexuality across the world.

Grenell credited the Post  in a commentary he wrote for Europe's largest paper, the German-language Bild, on February 1: "The recent press reports, first carried by The Jerusalem Post that the Iranian regime publicly hanged a 31-year-old man for being gay should be a wakeup call for anyone who supports basic human rights. Politicians, the UN, democratic governments, diplomats, and good people everywhere should speak up – and loudly. "

You know, this comes across awfully like being more about having another stick to beat Iran with Wink

But still, good on Trump, I don't care much for the real motivation if the end result is a force for good.

Yeah, this definitely got his attention because it was Iran doing it. Saudi does much the same and he (nor most of the government) could care less.

But outside of his abortion stance, which I think is about as genuine as a 3 dollar bill, he's fairly socially liberal, like most New Yorkers.
Maddog
Maddog
The newsfix Queen

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Thu Feb 21, 2019 7:26 am

Speaking to reporters in the Oval Office on Wednesday, Trump was caught off guard by a question about his administration’s reported plans to decriminalize homosexuality around the globe. “Mr. President, on your push to decriminalize homosexuality, are you doing that? And why?” a reporter asked the president. Trump made the reporter repeat the question before answering, “I don’t know which report you’re talking about. We have many reports.”

NBC News reported this week that U.S. Ambassador to Germany Richard Grenell, who is openly gay, was leading the “global campaign to end the criminalization of homosexuality in dozens of nations where it's still illegal to be gay,” according to unnamed U.S. officials.

https://www.thedailybeast.com/trump-appears-unaware-of-administration-efforts-to-decriminalize-homosexuality?ref=home

So it seems, this claim that Trump is leadfing this is fake news and horsehit

Fancy Maddog falling for this incorrect claim?

Laughing

Back to top Go down

Post by Eilzel Thu Feb 21, 2019 7:29 am

Thor wrote:Speaking to reporters in the Oval Office on Wednesday, Trump was caught off guard by a question about his administration’s reported plans to decriminalize homosexuality around the globe. “Mr. President, on your push to decriminalize homosexuality, are you doing that? And why?” a reporter asked the president. Trump made the reporter repeat the question before answering, “I don’t know which report you’re talking about. We have many reports.”

NBC News reported this week that U.S. Ambassador to Germany Richard Grenell, who is openly gay, was leading the “global campaign to end the criminalization of homosexuality in dozens of nations where it's still illegal to be gay,” according to unnamed U.S. officials.

https://www.thedailybeast.com/trump-appears-unaware-of-administration-efforts-to-decriminalize-homosexuality?ref=home

Laughing

To be fair I don't think Trump remembers much of what he says or is told. Likely someone suggested it as a way to prod at Iran then he got blindsided by a penny and forgot about it Laughing
Eilzel
Eilzel
Speaker of the House

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Thu Feb 21, 2019 7:40 am

Eilzel wrote:
Thor wrote:Speaking to reporters in the Oval Office on Wednesday, Trump was caught off guard by a question about his administration’s reported plans to decriminalize homosexuality around the globe. “Mr. President, on your push to decriminalize homosexuality, are you doing that? And why?” a reporter asked the president. Trump made the reporter repeat the question before answering, “I don’t know which report you’re talking about. We have many reports.”

Laughing

To be fair I don't think Trump remembers much of what he says or is told. Likely someone suggested it as a way to prod at Iran then he got blindsided by a penny and forgot about it Laughing

Yeah that is true mate Smile

Back to top Go down

Post by Maddog Thu Feb 21, 2019 4:34 pm

Laughing
Trump and Trump administration are sorta the same.  

I just posted the story that has been covered by numerous news outlets.
Maddog
Maddog
The newsfix Queen

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Thu Feb 21, 2019 4:39 pm

Maddog wrote:

Laughing
Trump and Trump administration are sorta the same.  

I just posted the story that has been covered by numerous news outlets.

So buddy

You did buy into this media story

It turns out that Trumo made no such policy

care to actually admit you got this wrong?

I mean you of all people are one of the most vocal on people not falling for media stories, are you not mate?

No worries, i am sure your view will be based on how your smile was here

Back to top Go down

Post by Maddog Thu Feb 21, 2019 4:43 pm

A Jerusalem Post report on the Iranian regime's public hanging of a man based on an anti-gay law led to the Trump administration's announcement on Tuesday to end the criminalization of homosexuality across the world.

The first line of the OP. Does Trump always know what his administration is doing? 

Doubtful.
Maddog
Maddog
The newsfix Queen

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Thu Feb 21, 2019 4:44 pm

The first line of the OP. Does Trump always know what his administration is doing? 

Doubtful.

So you lack honesty then and look to make excuses

Why not say, that you poorly acted like a sheep and followed a media line here, that was wrong?

Back to top Go down

Post by Maddog Thu Feb 21, 2019 4:46 pm

Thor wrote:

Doubtful.

Why not say, that you poorly acted like a sheep and followed a media line here, that was wrong?

I posted a news story.

I'm sorry.
Maddog
Maddog
The newsfix Queen

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Thu Feb 21, 2019 4:46 pm

Maddog wrote:
Thor wrote:

I posted a news story.

I'm sorry.

I have no need or want of an apology

Hence your reply is bullshit

Back to top Go down

Post by Maddog Thu Feb 21, 2019 4:48 pm

Thor wrote:
Maddog wrote:

I posted a news story.

I'm sorry.

Dude. 

You have issues.  

Go for a fucking walk or something.
Maddog
Maddog
The newsfix Queen

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Thu Feb 21, 2019 4:51 pm

Maddog wrote:
Thor wrote:

Dude. 

You have issues.  

So because i challenge you, that means I now have issues?

So by the above failure to admit you made a mistake

I will have to summarise that you have an issue with acceptance with admitting when wrong

Where do you think that stems from?

Back to top Go down

Post by Maddog Thu Feb 21, 2019 5:15 pm

Rolling Eyes
Maddog
Maddog
The newsfix Queen

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Thu Feb 21, 2019 5:19 pm

Maddog wrote:Rolling Eyes

wow, still no acceptance or responisbility

Laters dude

Back to top Go down

Post by Maddog Thu Feb 21, 2019 6:08 pm

Thor wrote:
Maddog wrote:Rolling Eyes

wow, still no acceptance or responisbility

Laters dude

Rolling Eyes
Maddog
Maddog
The newsfix Queen

Back to top Go down

Post by Original Quill Thu Feb 21, 2019 7:00 pm

Thor wrote:
Maddog wrote:
Dude. 

You have issues.  

So because i challenge you, that means I now have issues?

Well, you did a little bit more than just "challenged" him.  You judged and accused him, even while he was merely being truthful about the story.  You were insinuating that he was somehow at fault for a limited story.

Once again didge, you let personal matters overtake the story.

Original Quill
Forum Detective ????‍♀️

Back to top Go down

Post by Maddog Thu Feb 21, 2019 9:14 pm

U.S. Ambassador to Germany Richard Grenell, the highest-profile openly gay person in the Trump administration, is leading the effort, which kicks off Tuesday evening in Berlin. The U.S. embassy is flying in LGBT activists from across Europe for a strategy dinner to plan to push for decriminalization in places that still outlaw homosexuality — mostly concentrated in the Middle East, Africa and the Caribbean.

https://www.nbcnews.com/politics/national-security/trump-administration-launches-global-effort-end-criminalization-homosexuality-n973081
Maddog
Maddog
The newsfix Queen

Back to top Go down

Post by Maddog Thu Feb 21, 2019 9:15 pm

The Trump administration has announced it plans to launch a global effort to end the criminalisation of homosexuality with a new campaign to be spearheaded by openly gay US Ambassador to Germany Richard Grenell.

The initiative, confirmed to NBC News by administration officials, will begin with a dinner in Berlin on Tuesday, where LGBTQ+ activists from across Europe will be tasked with coming up with a plan of action.

https://www.independent.co.uk/news/world/americas/trump-homosexuality-lgbt-rights-gay-decriminalisation-campaign-administration-a8787446.html
Maddog
Maddog
The newsfix Queen

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Thu Feb 21, 2019 10:18 pm

Maddog wrote:U.S. Ambassador to Germany Richard Grenell, the highest-profile openly gay person in the Trump administration, is leading the effort, which kicks off Tuesday evening in Berlin. The U.S. embassy is flying in LGBT activists from across Europe for a strategy dinner to plan to push for decriminalization in places that still outlaw homosexuality — mostly concentrated in the Middle East, Africa and the Caribbean.

https://www.nbcnews.com/politics/national-security/trump-administration-launches-global-effort-end-criminalization-homosexuality-n973081

So you need to change your thread title

As Trump has not launched any such camapaign, has he mate?

Back to top Go down

Post by Maddog Fri Feb 22, 2019 12:43 am

Thor wrote:
Maddog wrote:U.S. Ambassador to Germany Richard Grenell, the highest-profile openly gay person in the Trump administration, is leading the effort, which kicks off Tuesday evening in Berlin. The U.S. embassy is flying in LGBT activists from across Europe for a strategy dinner to plan to push for decriminalization in places that still outlaw homosexuality — mostly concentrated in the Middle East, Africa and the Caribbean.

So you need to change your thread title

As Trump has not launched any such camapaign, has he mate?

My thread title was the title of the article matey.
Maddog
Maddog
The newsfix Queen

Back to top Go down