NewsFix
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Let’s let it go once and for all!

+12
The Devil, You Know
JulesV
Raggamuffin
Fred Moletrousers
Andy
Syl
Tommy Monk
Original Quill
'Wolfie
nicko
eddie
Ben Reilly
16 posters

Page 7 of 8 Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7, 8  Next

Go down

Let’s let it go once and for all! - Page 7 Empty Let’s let it go once and for all!

Post by Ben Reilly Mon Feb 11, 2019 10:19 pm

First topic message reminder :

Hey everyone, I know we've had some problematic ads lately. I want to explain exactly what's happening.

Forumotion recently created the option to pay a small fee in exchange for running your own ads, which you get  the money from, and I took it.

My hope is that it creates a little revenue to help me and Eddie out, both on saving toward the UK financial requirement and little things like plane tickets.

I do want the user experience here to be smooth, so I'll keep looking for an ad network that won't drive us all crazy.

I hope you all understand that there will be some bumps along the way.
Ben Reilly
Ben Reilly
King of Texas. Gigantic Killer Robot. Robin Hood of Epping Forest. Fifty Shades of Cray.

http://www.newsfixboard.com

Back to top Go down

Let’s let it go once and for all! - Page 7 Empty Re: Let’s let it go once and for all!

Post by Syl Sat Feb 23, 2019 7:19 pm

eddie wrote:
The Devil, You Know wrote:
it was just after phil joined andtold others who came. I was not a member but they were abusing my wife, you let them. that may well have changed now, but then it didn't. I also offered you advice about how sassy and co operate, did any of that happen?

Is this some sort of therapy session whereby you’re visiting the past?
Can’t you move on?

It's really hurtful when people do/say things and it's unresolved, but for your own peace of mind it is better to move on if you can.
I was told that it would be good if me and my family would die of cancer, someone said (the week my mum died) that she was a prostitute and other vile stuff about her) had I not moved on I would have let those pathetic people win.

Dont let inadequate forum nobodies spoil your peace of mind.
Syl
Syl
Forum Detective ????‍♀️

Back to top Go down

Let’s let it go once and for all! - Page 7 Empty Re: Let’s let it go once and for all!

Post by Andy Sat Feb 23, 2019 7:19 pm

The thread needs locking, Eddie.
The ads have been sorted.
The Devil You Know is muck raking threads 5 years old from obsolete forums and almost seems to be trying to get me banned ( a basement offence in itself).
He is still bleating about Korben, who I spoke to last year, shortly before he went to Africa on humanitarian work.
And Sassy no longer posts on forums, though I still keep in touch, as she is full time carer for her very infirm parents.
Andy
Andy
Poet Laureate & Traveling Bard of NewsFix

Location : Winning the fight to drain the swamp of far right extremists.

Back to top Go down

Post by The Devil, You Know Sat Feb 23, 2019 7:19 pm

Thor wrote:
it was brought up during posts in this thread. A person called me a liar on a specific point, I have shown who was the liar there I think. Perhaps you should address your comments more to Andwew who seems to have scuttled off now.

She already spoke to him

How about you now move on
is that an order. I have been dealing with posts by post
The Devil, You Know
The Devil, You Know
Forum Detective ????‍♀️

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Sat Feb 23, 2019 7:20 pm

Thor wrote:

She already spoke to him

How about you now move on
is that an order. I have been dealing with posts by post

Its a request

So what is required in order for you to move on?

Back to top Go down

Post by Syl Sat Feb 23, 2019 7:22 pm

Andy wrote:The thread needs locking, Eddie.
The Devil You Know is muck raking threads 5 years old from obsolete forums and almost seems to be trying to get me banned ( a basement offence in itself).
He is still bleating about Korben, who I spoke to last year, shortly before he went to Africa on humanitarian work.
And Sassy no longer posts on forums, though I still keep in touch, as she is full time carer for her very infirm parents.

Or alternatively let people air out all their grievances now they have started....hopefully once aired they can be finally laid to rest and people can move forwards.
Syl
Syl
Forum Detective ????‍♀️

Back to top Go down

Post by Fred Moletrousers Sat Feb 23, 2019 7:24 pm

Andy wrote:
you mean you missed the vile islamaphobia he joined in with against my wife.

More lies and crap spouting from Flop's keyboard.
Since when was your wife a poster, here, on Flop, ADO or anywhere else?
Unless she used the name Durham, Bliar, Hugh Jardon or Chris
P Bacon.
Which wouldn't be a surprise.

We only know her name because it was common knowledge amongst everyone. You then banned everyone politically left of Ghengis Khan, which coincided with the lurch to the far right of your place.

Andy, whether The Devil You Know's wife was a poster or not is immaterial; the racist attacks on her were absolutely sickening, and almost certainly criminal.

I'm not going to name any names, but they were people who regularly flew into paroxysms of faux moral rectitude whenever they spotted an opportunity of falsely condemning others as "racists"...so long, of course, as they were presumed to be Tories.

And I'm afraid that you were not entirely without guilt.
Fred Moletrousers
Fred Moletrousers
MABEL, THE GREAT ZOG

Back to top Go down

Post by The Devil, You Know Sat Feb 23, 2019 7:30 pm

what a surprise, you want things locked when they are not going your way. I would say this thread should be split into ads and a continuing one on abuse as it seems to be generating a lot of comments, some of them not even abusive.
The Devil, You Know
The Devil, You Know
Forum Detective ????‍♀️

Back to top Go down

Post by eddie Sat Feb 23, 2019 7:32 pm

I’m not locking the thread but it has derailed a little.

Anyway, the ads have been removed so...There you go.
eddie
eddie
King of Beards. Keeper of the Whip. Top Chef. BEES!!!!!! Mushroom muncher. Spider aficionado!

Back to top Go down

Post by The Devil, You Know Sat Feb 23, 2019 7:33 pm

by the way, I am not "the devil you know", I am "The Devil, you know", they have entirely different meanings., those with a good grasp of english will spot the difference immediately
The Devil, You Know
The Devil, You Know
Forum Detective ????‍♀️

Back to top Go down

Post by The Devil, You Know Sat Feb 23, 2019 7:34 pm

eddie wrote:I’m not locking the thread but it has derailed a little.

split it off into two threads as discussing abuse, as someone who has been subject to an awful lot of it over the years, is quite interesting
The Devil, You Know
The Devil, You Know
Forum Detective ????‍♀️

Back to top Go down

Post by eddie Sat Feb 23, 2019 7:36 pm

eddie wrote:I’m not locking the thread but it has derailed a little.

split it off into two threads as discussing abuse, as someone who has been subject to an awful lot of it over the years, is quite interesting

Nah. I can’t be bothered. Let’s let it go once and for all! - Page 7 1942856362
eddie
eddie
King of Beards. Keeper of the Whip. Top Chef. BEES!!!!!! Mushroom muncher. Spider aficionado!

Back to top Go down

Post by The Devil, You Know Sat Feb 23, 2019 7:45 pm

eddie wrote:

you have one job. Evil or Very Mad
The Devil, You Know
The Devil, You Know
Forum Detective ????‍♀️

Back to top Go down

Post by eddie Sat Feb 23, 2019 7:47 pm

eddie wrote:

Hahahahaha you know me. I’m flaky. Wink
eddie
eddie

Back to top Go down

Post by The Devil, You Know Sat Feb 23, 2019 7:50 pm

eddie wrote:

well dont shut it down, just change the title.
The Devil, You Know
The Devil, You Know
Forum Detective ????‍♀️

Back to top Go down

Post by eddie Sat Feb 23, 2019 7:53 pm

eddie wrote:

Only if I can call it “Let’s let it go once and for all” Let’s let it go once and for all! - Page 7 1716015268
eddie
eddie

Back to top Go down

Post by The Devil, You Know Sat Feb 23, 2019 7:58 pm

eddie wrote:

Only if I can call it “Let’s let it go once and for all” Let’s let it go once and for all! - Page 7 1716015268
well as a mod you can call it what you like. I do when I prune them out
The Devil, You Know
The Devil, You Know
Forum Detective ????‍♀️

Back to top Go down

Post by HoratioTarr Sat Feb 23, 2019 8:15 pm

Syl wrote:
I reported it to ben and he did bugger all. Pointless to report it on loose lips as one of the admins was in the group doing it and the one who was talked to by the police for his stalking.

It obviously did happen and I dont blame you for being pissed off.
But if nothing was done at the time, nothing will be done now years later...especially as half the posters, including me were not around then.
I'm sorry your wife was abused on forums she seems to have no part of.

It does emphasis the original points made on here though that mockery and nasty verbal abuse does not a happy forum make.

Fucking hell, it's like Edna wasn't the only twat doing this shit.
HoratioTarr
HoratioTarr
Forum Detective ????‍♀️

Back to top Go down

Post by The Devil, You Know Sat Feb 23, 2019 8:18 pm

HoratioTarr wrote:
Syl wrote:

But if nothing was done at the time, nothing will be done now years later...especially as half the posters, including me were not around then.

It does emphasis the original points made on here though that mockery and nasty verbal abuse does not a happy forum make.

I think people can be quite cutting in their remarks without resorting to outright abuse.
The Devil, You Know
The Devil, You Know
Forum Detective ????‍♀️

Back to top Go down

Post by Syl Sat Feb 23, 2019 8:21 pm

HoratioTarr wrote:
Syl wrote:

There are nutters on every forum it seems, people who stalk around digging up private info against others, and using it to cause real life upset.
I suppose it's inevitable when people can be as nasty as they like anonymously.
Syl
Syl
Forum Detective ????‍♀️

Back to top Go down

Post by HoratioTarr Sat Feb 23, 2019 8:23 pm

what a surprise, you want things locked when they are not going your way. I would say this thread should be split into ads and a continuing one on abuse as it seems to be generating a lot of comments, some of them not even abusive.

You're not the only one who's been abused on forums. Sadly, that's the nature of a lot of the people who frequent them. But I totally get your grievances. Then again, you have to let 'em go.
HoratioTarr
HoratioTarr
Forum Detective ????‍♀️

Back to top Go down

Post by eddie Sat Feb 23, 2019 8:23 pm

eddie wrote:

well as a mod you can call it what you like. I do when I prune them out

It’s done.
eddie
eddie

Back to top Go down

Post by HoratioTarr Sat Feb 23, 2019 8:25 pm

Says you, who starts threads all the time about people and/or a certain forum. You don't need TDYK here to do that. You do it all on your own.
HoratioTarr
HoratioTarr
Forum Detective ????‍♀️

Back to top Go down

Post by Original Quill Sat Feb 23, 2019 8:34 pm

Andy wrote:
I haven't ,Syl.
Just more crap from Flap.
But why let a lie get in the way of more vitriol from him.
Be patient, Flop will disappear soon enough for another 6 months, when he thinks he has inflicted enough damage and chaos here.
you have abused my wife numerous times, in fact it was you I complained about the first time I ever contacted this forum

My goodness. Who is your wife? Don't think I've had the pleasure of meeting her.

Original Quill
Forum Detective ????‍♀️

Back to top Go down

Post by Syl Sat Feb 23, 2019 8:39 pm

Original Quill wrote:
you have abused my wife numerous times, in fact it was you I complained about the first time I ever contacted this forum

My goodness.  Who is your wife?  Don't think I've had the pleasure of meeting her.

Why are you playing along and humouring the people who have brought a posters innocent wife into their forum grievances Quill?
Would you like it if your family members were abused by idiotic strangers online?

Syl
Syl
Forum Detective ????‍♀️

Back to top Go down

Post by The Devil, You Know Sat Feb 23, 2019 8:41 pm

Original Quill wrote:

My goodness.  Who is your wife?  Don't think I've had the pleasure of meeting her.
no, no one has on any forum, but it hasn't stopped them abusing her in various ways.
The Devil, You Know
The Devil, You Know
Forum Detective ????‍♀️

Back to top Go down

Post by The Devil, You Know Sat Feb 23, 2019 8:45 pm

HoratioTarr wrote:

Says you, who starts threads all the time about people and/or a certain forum.  You don't need TDYK here to do that.  You do it all on your own.
you are probably right. you should have seen loose lips when it first started, a majority of threads were about me or the forum. It was hilarious, also when andy was an admin of JD's forum it was the same, they spent all their time talking about and plotting what they would do. the pm's that caused all the kerfuffle some years back were all of him and sassy plotting, which is why I suspect sassy leaked them to hugh jardon herself. She never forgave us for catching her out in the room 101 scam. you should have seen the meltdown over that one. The roots of this go way back to the sky days. A joke about biscuits caused and absolute post storm from them. As far as I recall, skys forums ended about 2008 or so

Last edited by The Devil, You Know on Sat Feb 23, 2019 8:46 pm; edited 1 time in total
The Devil, You Know
The Devil, You Know
Forum Detective ????‍♀️

Back to top Go down

Post by eddie Sat Feb 23, 2019 8:46 pm

Well it’s all in the past now isn’t it? I don’t understand grudges, never have never will.
eddie
eddie

Back to top Go down

Post by Andy Sat Feb 23, 2019 8:50 pm

Yet another lie.
I have never been an admin on any forum, ADO, Dogs, JD,s, Sky, here or any other apart from the 2 I created myself whst i was paid up following foot surgery a few years ago.
Andy
Andy
Poet Laureate & Traveling Bard of NewsFix

Location : Winning the fight to drain the swamp of far right extremists.

Back to top Go down

Post by Original Quill Sat Feb 23, 2019 8:52 pm

Syl wrote:
Original Quill wrote:

Why are you playing along and humouring the people who have brought a posters innocent wife into their forum grievances Quill?
Would you like it if your family members were abused by idiotic strangers online?

Well, I woulda liked the chance to meet her. But, apparently she isn't on forums.

Original Quill
Forum Detective ????‍♀️

Back to top Go down

Post by eddie Sat Feb 23, 2019 8:53 pm

Let the grudges go guys...grudges suck.
eddie
eddie

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Sat Feb 23, 2019 8:53 pm

Back to top Go down

Post by eddie Sat Feb 23, 2019 8:56 pm

Green from me didge. I am actually a little incapable of holding grudges. It makes me a bit of doormat sometime but I can’t change who I am.
eddie
eddie

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Sat Feb 23, 2019 8:57 pm

eddie wrote:Green from me didge. I am actually a little incapable of holding grudges. It makes me a bit of doormat sometime but I can’t change who I am.

Thanks Eddie and I agree 100% with you

Back to top Go down

Post by The Devil, You Know Sat Feb 23, 2019 8:58 pm

Thor wrote:
a trifle rich
The Devil, You Know
The Devil, You Know
Forum Detective ????‍♀️

Back to top Go down

Post by The Devil, You Know Sat Feb 23, 2019 8:59 pm

Thor wrote:
the best sort of revenge is served ice cold and in the bright light of day
The Devil, You Know
The Devil, You Know
Forum Detective ????‍♀️

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Sat Feb 23, 2019 8:59 pm

Back to top Go down

Post by The Devil, You Know Sat Feb 23, 2019 9:03 pm

Thor wrote:
maybe practice what you preach
The Devil, You Know
The Devil, You Know
Forum Detective ????‍♀️

Back to top Go down

Post by eddie Sat Feb 23, 2019 9:04 pm

Thor wrote:
the best sort of revenge is served ice cold and in the bright light of day

Getting revenge is just pointless. Grudges grow like a cancer in you.
eddie
eddie

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Sat Feb 23, 2019 9:05 pm

Back to top Go down

Post by JulesV Sat Feb 23, 2019 11:57 pm

Syl wrote:
I specifically dont because of my stalker.

I understand why some people dont, to protect themselves from nutters. I would never tell anyone to show themselves if they dont want to.
But there are others who hide behind a keyboard for less innocent reasons.

I mentioned this before and was criticised quite heavily ….by people who like to throw around their  abuse well hidden. Laughing

You arrived from holiday and immediately jumped feet first into a thread in which Katie Hopkins was being discussed.
You were very angry at the criticism of KH. Despite the fact that she was only being criticised for her harsh, OTT disgusting  comments plus her total lack of empathy for people in distress.  

Personally, my own comments about her had been quite measured, nowt OTT, but some of the other posters who really despised her did not hold back. They said some strong stuff which, tbh, was commensurate with the vile comments she herself had made. 

What annoyed me was when you said some people hide behind the photos of celebs.
I was the only poster who had a photo of a celeb  att - it was the lovely katie holmes, and I even took the precaution of clearly labelling it.

You cannot have it both ways, Syl. If you decide to run your mouth large and attack posters who have done absolutely nowt wrong, then you will have something said back to you, like it or not.  

Long story short, if you are going to make a comment that refers to me directly - even if it's not intended - I am going to reply, to defend myself.

No one is going to make me feel bad or guilty when I have done absolutely nowt bad, nowt wrong!!

JulesV
Forum Detective ????‍♀️

Back to top Go down

Post by JulesV Sun Feb 24, 2019 12:19 am

Syl wrote: I was told that it would be good if me and my family would die of cancer, someone said (the week my mum died) that she was a prostitute and other vile stuff about her)  

That was pretty awful, but obviously that  incident /\ /\ did not happen on this forum.
And obviously it was not any member of this forum who said any of those awful things to you.

Who said it, if you don't mind me asking?

JulesV
Forum Detective ????‍♀️

Back to top Go down

Post by Syl Sun Feb 24, 2019 12:50 am

Jules wrote:
Syl wrote:

I understand why some people dont, to protect themselves from nutters. I would never tell anyone to show themselves if they dont want to.
But there are others who hide behind a keyboard for less innocent reasons.

I mentioned this before and was criticised quite heavily ….by people who like to throw around their  abuse well hidden. Laughing

You arrived from holiday and immediately jumped feet first into a thread in which Katie Hopkins was being discussed.
You were very angry at the criticism of KH. Despite the fact that she was only being criticised for her harsh, OTT disgusting  comments plus her total lack of empathy for people in distress.  

Personally, my own comments about her had been quite measured, nowt OTT, but some of the other posters who really despised her did not hold back. They said some strong stuff which, tbh, was commensurate with the vile comments she herself had made. 

I was the only poster who had a photo of a celeb  att - it was the lovely katie holmes, and I even took the precaution of clearly labelling it.

You cannot have it both ways, Syl. If you decide to run your mouth large and attack posters who have done absolutely nowt wrong, then you will have something said back to you, like it or not.  

Long story short, if you are going to make a comment that refers to me directly - even if it's not intended - I am going to reply, to defend myself.

No one is going to make me feel bad or guilty when I have done absolutely nowt bad, nowt wrong!!
I cant stand Katie Hopkins so I think whatever remarks I made at the time you are taking out of context. I may have said she writes in her own name and doesn't spout her bile hidden behind a false image.....but tbh I cant think of anything else positive I may have said.
I also dont recall saying anyone hides behind pics of celebs, people do hide behind images of one thing or another though, ...but if i did say that why would you think I was meaning you? Almost everyone has a pic other than their own image as an avi.....so care to show the actual thread this conversation took place so I can see what was said and why.....not just the bits you choose to mention. scratch

What i do remember is saying IF forums insisted on posters using their real names and photo's, online abuse by people sat hiding anonymously behind their keyboards would drop considerably.
I also said it would never happen, and I understood why......very similar to what i said today in fact.

Last edited by Syl on Sun Feb 24, 2019 1:08 am; edited 1 time in total
Syl
Syl
Forum Detective ????‍♀️

Back to top Go down

Post by Syl Sun Feb 24, 2019 12:56 am

Jules wrote:
Syl wrote: I was told that it would be good if me and my family would die of cancer, someone said (the week my mum died) that she was a prostitute and other vile stuff about her)  

That was pretty awful, but obviously that  incident /\ /\ did not happen on this forum.
And obviously it was not any member of this forum who said any of those awful things to you.

Who said it, if you don't mind me asking?

It wasn't said here and i didn't imply it had been.
I dont mind you asking Jules, but I wont bother to name who said what, it's in the past and they dont matter.

Syl
Syl
Forum Detective ????‍♀️

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Sun Feb 24, 2019 3:51 am

Back to top Go down

Post by Original Quill Sun Feb 24, 2019 4:00 am

>THE Ben Reilly< wrote:
Syl wrote:Why is The Devil You Know changed to Head?

He asked me to tell people to stop calling him by his real first name. Surprise surprise, nobody followed my directions and I couldn't police every instance of it, so I changed it to "head," which is a synonym of one definition of his real first name. It was never intended as an insult.

I didn't know that. I call Dean by his real name, just like Vic or Les. In fact, I thought 'head' was someone being offensive--ya know, like oral/genital, etc. Is it wrong to use his real name?

Original Quill
Forum Detective ????‍♀️

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Sun Feb 24, 2019 4:01 am

Back to top Go down

Post by Original Quill Sun Feb 24, 2019 4:04 am

Syl wrote:
Original Quill wrote:

You mean, like, Becky? Why would anyone do that?

Original Quill
Forum Detective ????‍♀️

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Sun Feb 24, 2019 4:13 am

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Sun Feb 24, 2019 4:21 am

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=3bfVxLFHlMM

Back to top Go down

Post by Raggamuffin Sun Feb 24, 2019 9:12 am

Syl wrote:
Jules wrote:

I cant stand Katie Hopkins so I think whatever remarks I made at the time you are taking out of context. I may have said she writes in her own name and doesn't spout her bile hidden behind a false image.....but tbh I cant think of anything else positive I may have said.
I also dont recall saying anyone hides behind pics of celebs, people do hide behind images of one thing or another though, ...but if i did say that why would you think I was meaning you? Almost everyone has a pic other than their own image as an avi.....so care to show the actual thread this conversation took place so I can see what was said and why.....not just the bits you choose to mention. scratch

What i do remember is saying IF forums insisted on posters using their real names and photo's, online abuse by people sat hiding anonymously behind their keyboards would drop considerably.
I also said it would never happen, and I understood why......very similar to what i said today in fact.

http://www.newsfixboard.com/t20018p100-katie-hopkins-one-sick-bitch?highlight=hopkins
Raggamuffin
Raggamuffin
Forum Detective ????‍♀️

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down

Page 7 of 8 Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7, 8  Next

Permissions in this forum:
You cannot reply to topics in this forum