NewsFix
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Officer Justified in Fatal Shooting of E.J. Bradford at Alabama Mall: Attorney General

2 posters

Go down

Officer Justified in Fatal Shooting of E.J. Bradford at Alabama Mall: Attorney General Empty Officer Justified in Fatal Shooting of E.J. Bradford at Alabama Mall: Attorney General

Post by Guest Wed Feb 06, 2019 9:53 am

Alabama officials announced Tuesday that after reviewing the Thanksgiving shooting death of Emantic Fitzgerald “EJ” Bradford Jr.—who was killed by police after officers mistook him for a shooter at a local mall—the state’s attorney general has decided not to file any criminal charges.

“After an extensive investigation and review, the Attorney General has determined Officer 1 did not commit a crime under Alabama law when he shot and killed E.J. Bradford and thus the Alabama Rules of Professional Conduct preclude presentation of this case to a grand jury,” the full report notes.

“The facts of this case demonstrate that Officer 1 reasonably exercised his official powers, duties, or functions,” it adds.

The tragedy began on Thanksgiving night, when a shooting broke out in Alabama’s Riverchase Galleria in Hoover.

At 9:51 p.m., the report states, a man named Erron Brown shot 18-year-old Brian Wilson near a JC Penney and fled inside the store. Patrons reportedly screamed and ran from the scene, alerting two officers who were standing outside of a nearby Spencer’s.

The report claims that within seconds, the officers saw Bradford running towards the shooting scene “with a firearm visibly in hand.” Surveillance video of the encounter, publicly released at the request of Bradford’s family, shows a person who appears to be Bradford, 21, sprinting away from officers and in the opposite direction of fleeing mall-goers before he’s shot three times in the back, neck, and head, and falls to the ground. After suffering “a catastrophic wound” on the right side of his head,” the report notes, Bradford died.

https://www.thedailybeast.com/officer-justified-in-fatal-shooting-of-ej-bradford-at-alabama-mall-attorney-general?ref=home

Back to top Go down

Officer Justified in Fatal Shooting of E.J. Bradford at Alabama Mall: Attorney General Empty Re: Officer Justified in Fatal Shooting of E.J. Bradford at Alabama Mall: Attorney General

Post by Original Quill Wed Feb 06, 2019 4:47 pm

Of course. Did you expect anything else in a police state?

Original Quill
Forum Detective ????‍♀️

Back to top Go down

Officer Justified in Fatal Shooting of E.J. Bradford at Alabama Mall: Attorney General Empty Re: Officer Justified in Fatal Shooting of E.J. Bradford at Alabama Mall: Attorney General

Post by Maddog Wed Feb 06, 2019 10:56 pm

Thor wrote:Alabama officials announced Tuesday that after reviewing the Thanksgiving shooting death of Emantic Fitzgerald “EJ” Bradford Jr.—who was killed by police after officers mistook him for a shooter at a local mall—the state’s attorney general has decided not to file any criminal charges.

“After an extensive investigation and review, the Attorney General has determined Officer 1 did not commit a crime under Alabama law when he shot and killed E.J. Bradford and thus the Alabama Rules of Professional Conduct preclude presentation of this case to a grand jury,” the full report notes.

“The facts of this case demonstrate that Officer 1 reasonably exercised his official powers, duties, or functions,” it adds.

The tragedy began on Thanksgiving night, when a shooting broke out in Alabama’s Riverchase Galleria in Hoover.

At 9:51 p.m., the report states, a man named Erron Brown shot 18-year-old Brian Wilson near a JC Penney and fled inside the store. Patrons reportedly screamed and ran from the scene, alerting two officers who were standing outside of a nearby Spencer’s.

The report claims that within seconds, the officers saw Bradford running towards the shooting scene “with a firearm visibly in hand.” Surveillance video of the encounter, publicly released at the request of Bradford’s family, shows a person who appears to be Bradford, 21, sprinting away from officers and in the opposite direction of fleeing mall-goers before he’s shot three times in the back, neck, and head, and falls to the ground. After suffering “a catastrophic wound” on the right side of his head,” the report notes, Bradford died.

https://www.thedailybeast.com/officer-justified-in-fatal-shooting-of-ej-bradford-at-alabama-mall-attorney-general?ref=home

He may still get fired and the department may get sued.

But, it's almost impossible to convict a cop for shooting someone that was armed, even if that person was not a criminal. I can't think of it ever happening.

I do know of a case where someone shot a cop who kicked in his door and was found innocent. But that's rare too.
Maddog
Maddog
The newsfix Queen

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Wed Feb 06, 2019 11:04 pm

Maddog wrote:
Thor wrote:Alabama officials announced Tuesday that after reviewing the Thanksgiving shooting death of Emantic Fitzgerald “EJ” Bradford Jr.—who was killed by police after officers mistook him for a shooter at a local mall—the state’s attorney general has decided not to file any criminal charges.

But, it's almost impossible to convict a cop for shooting someone that was armed, even if that person was not a criminal. I can't think of it ever happening.

I do know of a case where someone shot a cop who kicked in his door and was found innocent. But that's rare too.

I think you and quill are missing the point here

Is it possible, that because of the situation, that someone got shot by accident?

Sadly in many shootings, the immediate assumptions is based on a racist murder.

Not saying you think this, but why is nobody actually looking at what happened?

Was the intent by the cops to kill someone here mate?

There is a spectrum of shootings by the Police

Some racially motive at one extreme. To those at the other, where its as clear as cut they were right to defend themselves

Many in the middle are distorted based on race/ Never based off the events, but on the skin colour of the victim and only then when black

Many Native Indians are also shot by the Police. Yet it does not generate any such view point

The point is the reality and the problem is the gun culture and criminality of the US. Combined with relative poverty, that increases the chances of fatalities with interactions with Police officers in the US

Back to top Go down

Post by Maddog Thu Feb 07, 2019 1:05 am

Thor wrote:
Maddog wrote:

Is it possible, that because of the situation, that someone got shot by accident?

Some racially motive at one extreme. To those at the other, where its as clear as cut they were right to defend themselves

Many in the middle are distorted based on race/ Never based off the events, but on the skin colour of the victim and only then when black

Many Native Indians are also shot by the Police. Yet it does not generate any such view point

The point is the reality and the problem is the gun culture and criminality of the US. Combined with relative poverty, that increases the chances of fatalities with interactions with Police officers in the US

Call it an accident if you like. The guy was innocent yet was killed. But the rules that apply to us, often don't apply to the police.

Did race play into this? Possibly. Are innocent whites gunned down? Yes.

I don't know why this cop pulled the trigger. I do know that American law enforcement is being incorrectly trained and conservatives support of cops "no matter what" isn't helping.
Maddog
Maddog
The newsfix Queen

Back to top Go down

Post by Original Quill Thu Feb 07, 2019 2:50 am

Didge wrote:Sadly in many shootings, the immediate assumptions is based on a racist murder.

Although race is going to be a factor in most cases in the south, I frankly don't see this as a race case. Like MD, I see it as another case of police run a-muck...no justice.

It also is a reminder when the NRA augers for guns out and about to deter bad guys...If you are going to have bullets flying everywhere, here's the result. Good guys get shot.

America has three fundamental flaws: 1) racism; 2) anti-democracy; and 3) it is not a nation of laws.

Original Quill
Forum Detective ????‍♀️

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Thu Feb 07, 2019 2:54 am

Maddog wrote:
Thor wrote:

Call it an accident if you like. The guy was innocent yet was killed.  But the rules that apply to us, often don't apply to the police.  

Did race play into this? Possibly. Are innocent whites gunned down? Yes.  

I don't know why this cop pulled the trigger. I do know that American law enforcement is being incorrectly trained and conservatives support of cops "no matter what" isn't helping.  

The problem is though many shootings are happening because you have a situation again of a gun culture with again high crime and murders. Its always going to lead to a culmination of some cops. Being and making poor decisions, with their guns. Its going to lead to mistakes.

The reality is in the vast majority of incidents, there is no shootings with the Police and yet any, when the person shot is black. An immediate assumtpion is based off racism.

Again I do not even see how race played a factor, her during an event where someone had already been shot

I dont support cops, what I do is take emotions out of the debate and look at each case to hand

Like I said, you want such shootings to stop

Have strict gun control, sort out the high level of crime and relative poverty

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down