NewsFix
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Baby 'twins' have two DIFFERENT fathers after gay couple were both able to fertilise an embryo of a surrogate mother

4 posters

Go down

Baby 'twins' have two DIFFERENT fathers after gay couple were both able to fertilise an embryo of a surrogate mother Empty Baby 'twins' have two DIFFERENT fathers after gay couple were both able to fertilise an embryo of a surrogate mother

Post by Guest Sun Jan 27, 2019 7:12 pm

A gay couple has welcomed a set of twins with two different fathers, after both men were able to fertilise an embryo during the IVF process.

Calder and Alexandra Berney Edwards are actually half siblings despite being born at the same time, because they don't share paternity.

They were born to London-based couple Simon and Graeme via surrogate, Meg Stone, 32, whom they met in Canada.

Amazing advances in IVF meant that the couple were able to fertilise an embryo each and both were placed into surrogate Meg Stone's womb.

Simon, 43, said: 'It really is amazing that Graeme and I have been able to father one of our twins each.

'Meg did an amazing job - and it meant that she was actually pregnant by two men at the same time. It's thanks to the wonder of IVF that we have been able to achieve our dream.

https://www.dailymail.co.uk/femail/article-6636879/Baby-twins-two-DIFFERENT-fathers.html

Back to top Go down

Baby 'twins' have two DIFFERENT fathers after gay couple were both able to fertilise an embryo of a surrogate mother Empty Re: Baby 'twins' have two DIFFERENT fathers after gay couple were both able to fertilise an embryo of a surrogate mother

Post by JulesV Mon Jan 28, 2019 12:30 am

It can happen naturally too. Rare of course, but quite feasible.
If a woman  releases two eggs during one ovulatory cycle AND she is a promiscuous type  who has sex with two different men within days of each other, she could have each egg fertilised by a different dad. Eww! No

JulesV
Forum Detective ????‍♀️

Back to top Go down

Baby 'twins' have two DIFFERENT fathers after gay couple were both able to fertilise an embryo of a surrogate mother Empty Re: Baby 'twins' have two DIFFERENT fathers after gay couple were both able to fertilise an embryo of a surrogate mother

Post by 'Wolfie Mon Jan 28, 2019 5:19 am

Basketball

Technically, this could have been done back in the 1990s, even in the 1980s if the parents had enough money (still being in the research stages, when things were more expensive, and success rates lower..).

I don't know why they are using the word "amazing" in this case --  'power' words like "amazing, astounding, incredible, ultimate, wonderful" and such superlatives are so over-used these days, it often makes some stories sound more like advertising copy than actual news items..

As Jules pointed out, multiple paternities can happen naturally, as well.

It's also seen quite commonly in dog and cat litters, where the mother has been able to roam freely when 'in heat'..

Queen honeybees will only mate "once" during their life --  but they also can mate with several drones over a day or two, so that the genetic makeup of the colony may change over time, where the various drones' sperm has been stored in successive layers in the queen's reproductive system...
'Wolfie
'Wolfie
Forum Detective ????‍♀️

Back to top Go down

Post by eddie Mon Jan 28, 2019 4:29 pm

Jules wrote:It can happen naturally too. Rare of course, but quite feasible.
If a woman  releases two eggs during one ovulatory cycle AND she is a promiscuous type  who has sex with two different men within days of each other, she could have each egg fertilised by a different dad. Eww! No

And would they be called “Half brother twins”? scratch
eddie
eddie
King of Beards. Keeper of the Whip. Top Chef. BEES!!!!!! Mushroom muncher. Spider aficionado!

Back to top Go down

Post by Original Quill Mon Jan 28, 2019 6:31 pm

eddie wrote:

Interesting question. They would have to be called 'half brothers' wouldn't they? I mean, you can raise them anyway you want, but for genetic records you would have to recognize the separate lineage.

Original Quill
Forum Detective ????‍♀️

Back to top Go down

Post by JulesV Mon Jan 28, 2019 9:51 pm

eddie wrote:

Yep! Cos they have different dads.

Btw it could be 2 boys, 2 girls, or one of each, in such cases.
Funnily enough, in every case they are still  referred to as fraternal twins whatever their gender lol.

JulesV
Forum Detective ????‍♀️

Back to top Go down

Post by eddie Mon Jan 28, 2019 9:58 pm

Jules wrote:
eddie wrote:

Funnily enough, in every case they are still  referred to as fraternal twins whatever their gender lol.

Bloody weird.
And who has sex with two different guys within days of each other?
I’m no prude by any stretch of the imagination but....morals people, please!
eddie
eddie
King of Beards. Keeper of the Whip. Top Chef. BEES!!!!!! Mushroom muncher. Spider aficionado!

Back to top Go down

Post by JulesV Mon Jan 28, 2019 9:58 pm

In the case Thor cited, it might not even be the surrogate mum's embryo. Could be a separate donor's ie two 'mums' could be involved here.
6 people altogether. Bit of a circus.
So very confusing these days.

Minefield!!!  lol!

JulesV
Forum Detective ????‍♀️

Back to top Go down

Post by JulesV Mon Jan 28, 2019 10:06 pm

eddie wrote:
Jules wrote:

Bloody weird.
I’m no prude by any stretch of the imagination

but....morals people, please!
I know!!
Happens tho, eds.  Especially if alcohol is involved.

On one occasion on the jeremy kyle show, the paternity test showed neither suspect was the dad.  The lady didn't know where to look when the result was announced.   Embarassed Embarassed  She could not remember the 3rd guy she slept with.

I  swear laughed till I cried.  Baby 'twins' have two DIFFERENT fathers after gay couple were both able to fertilise an embryo of a surrogate mother 3489511464 Baby 'twins' have two DIFFERENT fathers after gay couple were both able to fertilise an embryo of a surrogate mother 3489511464

Last edited by Jules on Mon Jan 28, 2019 10:09 pm; edited 1 time in total

JulesV
Forum Detective ????‍♀️

Back to top Go down

Post by eddie Mon Jan 28, 2019 10:09 pm

Jules wrote:
eddie wrote:
Jules wrote:

Bloody weird.
I’m no prude by any stretch of the imagination

but....morals people, please!
I know!!
Happens tho, eds.  Especially if alcohol is involved.

On one occasion on the jeremy kyle show, the paternity test showed neither suspect was the dad. The 'lady' didn't know where to look.  Embarassed Embarassed 

I  swear laughed till I cried.  Baby 'twins' have two DIFFERENT fathers after gay couple were both able to fertilise an embryo of a surrogate mother 3489511464 Baby 'twins' have two DIFFERENT fathers after gay couple were both able to fertilise an embryo of a surrogate mother 3489511464

Jules, I swear I cannot get my head round people like that. I’m not judgemental but....come on! Rolling Eyes

And I bet none of them had any teeth! affraid
eddie
eddie

Back to top Go down

Post by JulesV Mon Jan 28, 2019 10:11 pm

eddie wrote:

And I bet none of them had any teeth! affraid

> > https://www.thesun.co.uk/wp-content/uploads/2018/05/ad-composite-jezza.jpg?strip=all&w=620&h=413&crop=1

https://www.thesun.co.uk/wp-content/uploads/2019/01/KH-COMPOSITE-JEREMY-KYLE.jpg?strip=all&w=620&h=413&crop=1

JulesV
Forum Detective ????‍♀️

Back to top Go down

Post by 'Wolfie Tue Jan 29, 2019 12:24 am

eddie wrote:
Jules wrote:

Bloody weird.

What a Face

"Threesomes" and orgies...

Just saying..

Suspect
'Wolfie
'Wolfie
Forum Detective ????‍♀️

Back to top Go down

Post by Original Quill Tue Jan 29, 2019 12:30 am

WhoseYourWolfie wrote:
eddie wrote:

Bloody weird.

What a Face

"Threesomes" and orgies...

Just saying..

Suspect

Only two women and one man constitute a "threesome".

Two men and one woman is a gang rape.

Likewise...just saying. Wink

Original Quill
Forum Detective ????‍♀️

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down