NewsFix
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Brain-Dead Mom Wakes Up Minutes After Being Taken Off Life Support; Four Months Later, She’s Fighting Fit

2 posters

Go down

Brain-Dead Mom Wakes Up Minutes After Being Taken Off Life Support; Four Months Later, She’s Fighting Fit Empty Brain-Dead Mom Wakes Up Minutes After Being Taken Off Life Support; Four Months Later, She’s Fighting Fit

Post by Guest Wed Dec 12, 2018 6:58 pm

Michele De Leeuw’s family and doctors had assumed the worst after a heart attack left her with just a sliver of brain function – but to everyone’s astonishment, she has made a “miraculous” recovery since her husband decided to take her off life support.

Four months ago, the 57-year-old suffered a devastating heart attack while she was with her husband at their home in Sterling Heights, Michigan. Though she was without oxygen for fifteen minutes, she was given a chance at survival after paramedics guided Karl through performing CPR on his wife.

Unfortunately, her situation was still dire – it only takes six minutes after the heart stops pumping blood for a person’s brain to fail, and ten minutes without blood flow usually results in permanent brain damage.

Six days after Michele was taken to the hospital, doctors told Karl and her two kids that she only had 5% brain function and 25% heart function.

He was then faced with “the hardest decision of his life”: choosing to take his wife off of life support.

Minutes after the heart-broken husband opted to unplug his wife from the ventilator, however, Michele started breathing on her own.

The doctors still maintained that she would not recover – but then, two days later, Michele woke up. Two days after that, she was talking on her own. Another two days later, she was feeding herself.

Over the course of the last four months, she has undergone open-heart surgery as well as speech and physical therapy – all of which has resulted in her full recovery.

Upon being restored to her former self, she was sent home earlier this week just in time for her 26th wedding anniversary with Karl.

“You wouldn’t believe it if you didn’t know what she’s gone through,” Karl told NBC News. “She’s a miracle lady.”

https://www.goodnewsnetwork.org/brain-dead-mom-made-full-recovery-after-being-taken-off-life-support/

Back to top Go down

Brain-Dead Mom Wakes Up Minutes After Being Taken Off Life Support; Four Months Later, She’s Fighting Fit Empty Re: Brain-Dead Mom Wakes Up Minutes After Being Taken Off Life Support; Four Months Later, She’s Fighting Fit

Post by Syl Wed Dec 12, 2018 8:06 pm

I do believe that sometimes in life things can happen happen that some would call miracles.
No other explanation really, and stories like this are truly heart warming.
Syl
Syl
Forum Detective ????‍♀️

Back to top Go down

Brain-Dead Mom Wakes Up Minutes After Being Taken Off Life Support; Four Months Later, She’s Fighting Fit Empty Re: Brain-Dead Mom Wakes Up Minutes After Being Taken Off Life Support; Four Months Later, She’s Fighting Fit

Post by Original Quill Thu Dec 13, 2018 12:33 am

Gd News wrote:Minutes after the heart-broken husband opted to unplug his wife from the ventilator, however, Michele started breathing on her own.

Quite likely, she was listening in her stuper to what was going on...when hubby said "pull the plug"... she said fook that!

Original Quill
Forum Detective ????‍♀️

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Thu Dec 13, 2018 1:28 am

Syl wrote:I do believe that sometimes in life things can happen happen that some would call miracles.

I quite agree Syl. That this would fall into the category of what we class as a miricale

Back to top Go down

Post by Syl Thu Dec 13, 2018 12:07 pm

Thor wrote:
Syl wrote:I do believe that sometimes in life things can happen happen that some would call miracles.

I quite agree Syl. That this would fall into the category of what we class as a miricale

Cynics and scientists will always try to come up with a reason of how/why things like this could happen, but like you I believe that sometimes there is no possible logical or medical explanation...so...a miracle it is. .
In any event, it's a beautiful heart warming story Thor.
Syl
Syl
Forum Detective ????‍♀️

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Thu Dec 13, 2018 12:52 pm

Syl wrote:
Thor wrote:

Cynics and scientists will always try to come up with a reason of how/why things like this could happen, but like you I believe that sometimes there is no possible logical or medical explanation...so...a miracle it is. .
In any event, it's a beautiful heart warming story Thor.

Thanks, I thought so too

I dont see any harm in scientists trying to figure out how something may have occured, but they should admit to when there is no scientific explanation and cast it as a miracle.

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down