NewsFix
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Should We Ditch the Word 'Gentleman'? | Good Morning Britain

+3
Fred Moletrousers
nicko
'Wolfie
7 posters

Go down

Should We Ditch the Word 'Gentleman'? | Good Morning Britain Empty Should We Ditch the Word 'Gentleman'? | Good Morning Britain

Post by Guest Sat Nov 24, 2018 10:00 pm

Rolling Eyes

Back to top Go down

Should We Ditch the Word 'Gentleman'? | Good Morning Britain Empty Re: Should We Ditch the Word 'Gentleman'? | Good Morning Britain

Post by 'Wolfie Sun Nov 25, 2018 2:11 am

Should We Ditch the Word 'Gentleman'? | Good Morning Britain 3489511464

I wonder if that pseudo-neo-'feminist' also wants to remove the term "ladies" from the vocabulary, to maintain some semblance of equality  ???

Or, is she simply being sexist and one-sided in her diatribe..
'Wolfie
'Wolfie
Forum Detective ????‍♀️

Back to top Go down

Should We Ditch the Word 'Gentleman'? | Good Morning Britain Empty Re: Should We Ditch the Word 'Gentleman'? | Good Morning Britain

Post by nicko Sun Nov 25, 2018 7:07 am

+1
nicko
nicko
Forum Detective ????‍♀️

Back to top Go down

Post by Fred Moletrousers Sun Nov 25, 2018 12:10 pm

"....my job is banning things."

That just about sums her up, doesn't it.

These shrieking, hate-filled harpies won't be satisfied until all we chaps have been emasculated, gelded and re-named "oy, you!"
Fred Moletrousers
Fred Moletrousers
MABEL, THE GREAT ZOG

Back to top Go down

Post by Raggamuffin Sun Nov 25, 2018 12:12 pm

Fred Moletrousers wrote:"....my job is banning things."

That just about sums her up, doesn't it.

These shrieking, hate-filled harpies won't be satisfied until all we chaps have been emasculated, gelded and re-named "oy, you!"

Aww, I thought that was funny, and she did laugh when she said it.

I don't these Good Morning things are supposed to be taken seriously, it's just entertainment for the masses. Laughing
Raggamuffin
Raggamuffin
Forum Detective ????‍♀️

Back to top Go down

Post by Syl Sun Nov 25, 2018 1:21 pm

Hasn't Penny Stewart put weight on? Shocked
I didnt know it was her till she mentioned her husband (as usual)

There is nothing wrong with identifying a man as a gentleman if thats what he is ..ie treats all people (not only women) with respect and kindness.
I think some people will only be happy when no gender is mentioned ever again. We will all be apparently sexless.
Syl
Syl
Forum Detective ????‍♀️

Back to top Go down

Post by HoratioTarr Sun Nov 25, 2018 4:23 pm

Dear God, what are we coming to. The hefty lass looks as though she can down pints just as well as a man, and that's her prerogative, but most women want a man to be a man, and that doesn't mean being swung around caveman style, it's that almost indefinable masculine energy that matches the equally awesome feminine energy. Yin and Yang.
HoratioTarr
HoratioTarr
Forum Detective ????‍♀️

Back to top Go down

Post by Original Quill Sun Nov 25, 2018 4:37 pm

WhoseYourWolfie wrote:Should We Ditch the Word 'Gentleman'? | Good Morning Britain 3489511464

I wonder if that pseudo-neo-'feminist' also wants to remove the term "ladies" from the vocabulary, to maintain some semblance of equality  ???

This is an excellent point.  It's the point that the moderator makes when he says men must be the hunters, providers and protectors.  In turn, women should be attractive, sexy and desirable.

But judging from the hefty girth of those women, I imagine the panel didn't want to touch that subject. They are not holding up their end of the bargain.  Razz

Last edited by Original Quill on Sun Nov 25, 2018 4:43 pm; edited 1 time in total

Original Quill
Forum Detective ????‍♀️

Back to top Go down

Post by HoratioTarr Sun Nov 25, 2018 4:43 pm

Original Quill wrote:
WhoseYourWolfie wrote:Should We Ditch the Word 'Gentleman'? | Good Morning Britain 3489511464

This is an excellent point.  It's the point that the moderator makes when he says men must be the hunters, providers and protectors.  In turn, women should be attractive, sexy and desirable.

But judging from the hefty girth of those women, I imagine the panel didn't want to touch that subject.  Razz

I would expect a man to at least try to protect a woman in danger. Rather than run away or stand there filming it on his phone. Bravery and courage is what I admire most in men, and women, and animals.
HoratioTarr
HoratioTarr
Forum Detective ????‍♀️

Back to top Go down

Post by Original Quill Sun Nov 25, 2018 4:52 pm

HoratioTarr wrote:
Original Quill wrote:

But judging from the hefty girth of those women, I imagine the panel didn't want to touch that subject.  Razz

I would expect  a man to at least try to protect a woman in danger.   Rather than run away or stand there filming it on his phone.  Bravery and courage is what I admire most in men, and women, and animals.

One comment: I like the practice of filming 'it' on the phone.  It's evidence that makes the lawyer's job much easier.

Back on subject: I find that the protective instinct is genderless.  The women in my life are the fearless sort, who will sacrifice themselves for their mates and children regardless.

No one likes the coward.  But understand, there is a point in a conflict where you inevitably feel the urge to back down or run away, then you just realize you can't and you go into the affray.  Courage is not the absence of fear, but the will to overcome it.  Wink

Original Quill
Forum Detective ????‍♀️

Back to top Go down

Post by HoratioTarr Sun Nov 25, 2018 7:10 pm

Original Quill wrote:
HoratioTarr wrote:

I would expect  a man to at least try to protect a woman in danger.   Rather than run away or stand there filming it on his phone.  Bravery and courage is what I admire most in men, and women, and animals.

One comment: I like the practice of filming 'it' on the phone.  It's evidence that makes the lawyer's job much easier.

Back on subject: I find that the protective instinct is genderless.  The women in my life are the fearless sort, who will sacrifice themselves for their mates and children regardless.

No one likes the coward.  But understand, there is a point in a conflict where you inevitably feel the urge to back down or run away, then you just realize you can't and you go into the affray.  Courage is not the absence of fear, but the will to overcome it.  Wink

If someone tortured me to get information, I'd sing like a fucking canary! bounce rabbit affraid Should We Ditch the Word 'Gentleman'? | Good Morning Britain 1858517897
HoratioTarr
HoratioTarr
Forum Detective ????‍♀️

Back to top Go down

Post by HoratioTarr Sun Nov 25, 2018 7:19 pm

Original Quill wrote:
HoratioTarr wrote:

It does, but I don't think I could stand by and watch someone getting beaten to a pulp or abused, particularly when I was younger. I'm less physically able to wade into something, and these days one stab and you're dead, so it's hard one. I remember when I was about 19, my boyfriend got attacked by three men. I waded in with one of those dimpled pint pots, smashed one over the head then grabbed this guy by the hair. I held him with my arms straight out, and he was windmilling his arms trying to hit me calling me a mad bastard. All this in 6 inch heels too. I couldn't do it now though. I have a bad knee.
HoratioTarr
HoratioTarr
Forum Detective ????‍♀️

Back to top Go down

Post by nicko Sun Nov 25, 2018 7:31 pm

You have just brought up the subject of "should Women be in the front line in the Army" ? NO,because a Man's first instinct is to protect a woman,[mine is anyway], You cannot stop to help a wounded man in a frontal attack, but if a Woman's down and wounded, a mans instinct would cause him to falter in the charge, and that could be fatal !
nicko
nicko
Forum Detective ????‍♀️

Back to top Go down

Post by Original Quill Sun Nov 25, 2018 7:48 pm

nicko wrote:You have just brought up the subject of "should Women be in the front line in the Army"  ?    NO,because a Man's first instinct is to protect a woman,[mine is anyway],  You cannot stop to help a wounded man in a frontal attack,   but if a Woman's down and wounded, a mans instinct would cause him to falter in the charge, and that could be fatal !

Meh...they train that out of you, nowadays.

Original Quill
Forum Detective ????‍♀️

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Sun Nov 25, 2018 8:06 pm

Original Quill wrote:
nicko wrote:You have just brought up the subject of "should Women be in the front line in the Army"  ?    NO,because a Man's first instinct is to protect a woman,[mine is anyway],  You cannot stop to help a wounded man in a frontal attack,   but if a Woman's down and wounded, a mans instinct would cause him to falter in the charge, and that could be fatal !

Meh...they train that out of you, nowadays.

Really?

You think under fire, that you can condition and train people to this to actually the real thing?

You have no idea what you are talking about

If combat soldiers stop and tend to the wounded, the attack will falter and fail

This is basic common knowledge within combat

Back to top Go down

Post by Raggamuffin Sun Nov 25, 2018 8:16 pm

Didge appears to be agreeing with Quill. Laughing
Raggamuffin
Raggamuffin
Forum Detective ????‍♀️

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Sun Nov 25, 2018 8:16 pm

I will add nations like Israel have had female combat soldiers for many years and its not based on a pro or anti feminist ideology, but security. Though the debate contines to rage in Israel whether this is a good idea or not.

Personally I think women are just as capable as men in combat and history provees this to be the case. You only have to look at the record of the Soviet Union in WW2 and as I say Israel today. Though Nicko does make a good point on the possibility of psychological effects on male soldiers, seeing their female comrades wounded in front of them. As the key to a successful attack or defense, is being able to commit 100% to the actual battle. Those in combat simple do not have time to care for the wounded and they also then place themselves further at risk as a staionary target.

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down