NewsFix
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Baby plucked from sea by fisherman who thought it was a doll

4 posters

Go down

Baby plucked from sea by fisherman who thought it was a doll Empty Baby plucked from sea by fisherman who thought it was a doll

Post by veya_victaous Tue Nov 06, 2018 3:02 am

“As he floated past I thought he was just a doll,” said Gus Hutt told the NZ Herald.
“So, I reached out and grabbed him by the arm; even then I still thought it was just a doll.
His face looked just like porcelain with his short hair wetted down, but then and he let out a little squeak and I thought ‘oh God this is a baby and it’s alive’.”
It was simply luck that Hutt was there to save the 18-month-old after he had escaped from his parents’ tent at Murphy’s Holiday Camp early on October 26.
Usually, Hutt heads straight out from the camp to fish from the beach, but on Friday he decided to walk 100 metres to the left, towards Tauranga.
After returning to check his lines at 7.15am, he saw the seemingly lifeless baby floating in the water.
“He was floating at a steady pace with a rip in the water. If I hadn’t been there, or if I had just been a minute later I wouldn’t have seen him,” said Hutt.
“He was bloody lucky, but he just wasn’t meant to go; it wasn’t his time.”

Baby plucked from sea by fisherman who thought it was a doll 278d961d9f0890460daea1b38efa8101

Full Story 
https://www.news.com.au/lifestyle/real-life/news-life/baby-plucked-from-sea-by-fisherman-who-thought-it-was-a-doll/news-story/05dbf2d1c98747343074b807a38c642a
veya_victaous
veya_victaous
The Mod Loki, Minister of Chaos & Candy, Emperor of the Southern Realms, Captain Kangaroo

Back to top Go down

Baby plucked from sea by fisherman who thought it was a doll Empty Re: Baby plucked from sea by fisherman who thought it was a doll

Post by Syl Tue Nov 06, 2018 11:52 am

If I was the parent I would thank God for evermore that the fisherman was in that place at that time....what could have been a tragedy turned out to be a miracle.
Syl
Syl
Forum Detective ????‍♀️

Back to top Go down

Baby plucked from sea by fisherman who thought it was a doll Empty Re: Baby plucked from sea by fisherman who thought it was a doll

Post by 'Wolfie Tue Nov 06, 2018 11:58 am

Smile

That kid looks more like a 'toddler' than a "baby", to me...

He managed to walk out of the tent and down to the water..
'Wolfie
'Wolfie
Forum Detective ????‍♀️

Back to top Go down

Post by Original Quill Tue Nov 06, 2018 4:38 pm

Crikey, the mother looks like a toddler.

Original Quill
Forum Detective ????‍♀️

Back to top Go down

Post by 'Wolfie Wed Nov 07, 2018 1:19 am

Smile

Yep...

Inexperience and a lack of 'forethought',  on the part of a couple of (too) young parents,  may well have played a hand in that situation  ?
'Wolfie
'Wolfie
Forum Detective ????‍♀️

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down