NewsFix
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Weird stuff

+2
Ben Reilly
eddie
6 posters

Go down

Weird stuff  Empty Weird stuff

Post by eddie Mon Oct 22, 2018 9:39 pm

Post it here.

Edward Mordake (variously Mordrake) is the apocryphal subject of an urban legend who was, according to the legend, born in the 19th century, heir to an English peerage, and had an extra face on the back of his head. The duplicate face could not see, eat or speak out loud but was said to "sneer while Mordake was happy" and "smile while Mordake was weeping".[1] Mordake repeatedly begged doctors to have his "demon face" removed, claiming that it whispered things that "one would only speak about in hell" at night, but no doctor would attempt it. According to the legend, Mordake committed suicide at the age of 23.[1]

Weird stuff  B02d5410
eddie
eddie
King of Beards. Keeper of the Whip. Top Chef. BEES!!!!!! Mushroom muncher. Spider aficionado!

Back to top Go down

Weird stuff  Empty Re: Weird stuff

Post by Ben Reilly Mon Oct 22, 2018 9:56 pm

Heard a story from my bro last night you'll LOVE.

It was on the topic of creepy things kids have said to their parents.

So a little boy calls out to his dad one night and says he's scared, asks his dad to check under the bed for monsters.

The dad obliges and looks under the bed, where he sees ... his son!

The boy is trembling, and he says to his dad:

"I think there's something in my bed."
Ben Reilly
Ben Reilly
King of Texas. Gigantic Killer Robot. Robin Hood of Epping Forest. Fifty Shades of Cray.

http://www.newsfixboard.com

Back to top Go down

Post by eddie Mon Oct 22, 2018 9:58 pm

affraid

Okay you know I hate ghost stories.
eddie
eddie
King of Beards. Keeper of the Whip. Top Chef. BEES!!!!!! Mushroom muncher. Spider aficionado!

Back to top Go down

Post by Syl Mon Oct 22, 2018 11:48 pm

Some believe that a person can be seen in different places at the same time. Something to do with electricity in our bodies or gravity....sounds fascinating....I love weird stuff.

Einstein had a theory about this.
Syl
Syl
Forum Detective ????‍♀️

Back to top Go down

Post by Ben Reilly Tue Oct 23, 2018 12:00 am

Syl wrote:Some believe that a person can be seen in different places at the same time. Something to do with electricity in our bodies or gravity....sounds fascinating....I love weird stuff.

Okay, then what's the fucking theory????
Ben Reilly
Ben Reilly
King of Texas. Gigantic Killer Robot. Robin Hood of Epping Forest. Fifty Shades of Cray.

Back to top Go down

Post by Syl Tue Oct 23, 2018 12:07 am

*THE Ben Reilly* wrote:
Syl wrote:Some believe that a person can be seen in different places at the same time. Something to do with electricity in our bodies or gravity....sounds fascinating....I love weird stuff.

Dunno, ask Albert. Razz
Syl
Syl
Forum Detective ????‍♀️

Back to top Go down

Post by Ben Reilly Tue Oct 23, 2018 3:22 am

Syl wrote:
*THE Ben Reilly* wrote:

Dunno, ask Albert. Razz

So you're all, "Okay, so Einstein had a theory about people being seen in different places at the same time" but then you high-tail it when I ask you for more info?

Seriously, that's wank.
Ben Reilly
Ben Reilly

Back to top Go down

Post by veya_victaous Tue Oct 23, 2018 6:03 am

*THE Ben Reilly* wrote:
Syl wrote:
*THE Ben Reilly* wrote:

Dunno, ask Albert. Razz

So you're all, "Okay, so Einstein had a theory about people being seen in different places at the same time" but then you high-tail it when I ask you for more info?

Seriously, that's wank.

sort of ... his theory was only an observation of atoms, 
but in 'pop culture' is extrapolated to apply it to humans or larger beings/object

https://medium.com/starts-with-a-bang/ghostly-physics-92e811bfc56b

Briefly, the paper imagines two particles prepared in a mutual quantum state (a superposition), so that a measurement of the properties of one particle — position or momentum — would determine that of the other. Erwin Schrödinger dubbed such a state “entanglement.” According to the Copenhagen interpretation, a recording of the position of the first would trigger the combined quantum state’s collapse into position eigenstates, corresponding to certain position eigenvalues. Conversely, a reading of the momentum of the first, would precipitate a collapse into momentum eigenstates. However both position and momentum, as conjugate variables, could not be measured at the same time.

Now suppose the particles interact with each other and then are separated. How could one know instantly which type of eigenstate — position or momentum — it would need to be in, based on a measurement of the other one? It would have to be able to “read the mind” of the other particle or of the experimenter!
We can see why Einstein would be disturbed by such a scenario, even if it produced accurate results. Einstein was convinced that quantum mechanics offered an incomplete explanation of physical phenomena. From his perspective the need for “mind-reading” was a flaw of the theory.
Later, John Bell reimagined the EPR thought experiment, replacing position and momentum with spin states (electrons can have spin up or spin down), and developed a test for whether or not quantum interactions could be non-local (such that if one is measured spin up, the other must instantly become spin down, and the converse). Indeed actual experiments have shown that quantum state collapse does yield the instant effect that the eigenstate of one determines the other. Entanglement is now being exploited in the development of quantum computing.
veya_victaous
veya_victaous
The Mod Loki, Minister of Chaos & Candy, Emperor of the Southern Realms, Captain Kangaroo

Back to top Go down

Post by veya_victaous Tue Oct 23, 2018 6:05 am

Weird stuff  WIPtts3
veya_victaous
veya_victaous
The Mod Loki, Minister of Chaos & Candy, Emperor of the Southern Realms, Captain Kangaroo

Back to top Go down

Post by veya_victaous Tue Oct 23, 2018 6:13 am

*THE Ben Reilly* wrote:Heard a story from my bro last night you'll LOVE.

It was on the topic of creepy things kids have said to their parents.

So a little boy calls out to his dad one night and says he's scared, asks his dad to check under the bed for monsters.

The dad obliges and looks under the bed, where he sees ... his son!

The boy is trembling, and he says to his dad:

"I think there's something in my bed."

Weird stuff  Freaky-fridays-are-back-with-two-sentence-horror-stories-xx-photos-4
veya_victaous
veya_victaous

Back to top Go down

Post by veya_victaous Tue Oct 23, 2018 6:16 am

Weird stuff  Ufz07pr

Weird stuff  653497db-7eaf-4b1f-b79d-bbc11dac5fc0
veya_victaous
veya_victaous

Back to top Go down

Post by Syl Tue Oct 23, 2018 1:26 pm

*THE Ben Reilly* wrote:
Syl wrote:
Dunno, ask Albert. Razz

Seriously, that's wank.

I cant explain what I dont understand myself....google it. Rolling Eyes
Syl
Syl
Forum Detective ????‍♀️

Back to top Go down

Post by Syl Tue Oct 23, 2018 1:31 pm

veya_victaous wrote:
*THE Ben Reilly* wrote:

Seriously, that's wank.

sort of ... his theory was only an observation of atoms, 
but in 'pop culture' is extrapolated to apply it to humans or larger beings/object

https://medium.com/starts-with-a-bang/ghostly-physics-92e811bfc56b

Briefly, the paper imagines two particles prepared in a mutual quantum state (a superposition), so that a measurement of the properties of one particle — position or momentum — would determine that of the other. Erwin Schrödinger dubbed such a state “entanglement.” According to the Copenhagen interpretation, a recording of the position of the first would trigger the combined quantum state’s collapse into position eigenstates, corresponding to certain position eigenvalues. Conversely, a reading of the momentum of the first, would precipitate a collapse into momentum eigenstates. However both position and momentum, as conjugate variables, could not be measured at the same time.

Now suppose the particles interact with each other and then are separated. How could one know instantly which type of eigenstate — position or momentum — it would need to be in, based on a measurement of the other one? It would have to be able to “read the mind” of the other particle or of the experimenter!
We can see why Einstein would be disturbed by such a scenario, even if it produced accurate results. Einstein was convinced that quantum mechanics offered an incomplete explanation of physical phenomena. From his perspective the need for “mind-reading” was a flaw of the theory.
Later, John Bell reimagined the EPR thought experiment, replacing position and momentum with spin states (electrons can have spin up or spin down), and developed a test for whether or not quantum interactions could be non-local (such that if one is measured spin up, the other must instantly become spin down, and the converse). Indeed actual experiments have shown that quantum state collapse does yield the instant effect that the eigenstate of one determines the other. Entanglement is now being exploited in the development of quantum computing.

I'm sure if you understand it it's very fascinating.
Amazing to think that the greatest sex symbol of all times Marilyn Monroe, had an intense relationship with Albert Einstein...they do say opposites attract.
Syl
Syl
Forum Detective ????‍♀️

Back to top Go down

Post by Vintage Tue Oct 23, 2018 3:30 pm

Einstein was a bit of a lad apparently. I'm not sure where he got the time though he was always supposed to be working.

Vintage
Forum Detective ????‍♀️

Back to top Go down

Post by Lurker Tue Oct 23, 2018 4:16 pm

Doo, Doo, Doo, Doo.. you have entered "the Twilight Zone".....
Lurker
Lurker
Forum Detective ????‍♀️

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down