NewsFix
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Emotional moment TV host comes out on morning show saying he felt compelled to do so after a gay nine-year-old boy in Denver committed suicide

+7
veya_victaous
nicko
Syl
Tommy Monk
Original Quill
Eilzel
HoratioTarr
11 posters

Page 2 of 4 Previous  1, 2, 3, 4  Next

Go down

Emotional moment TV host comes out on morning show saying he felt compelled to do so after a gay nine-year-old boy in Denver committed suicide - Page 2 Empty Emotional moment TV host comes out on morning show saying he felt compelled to do so after a gay nine-year-old boy in Denver committed suicide

Post by HoratioTarr Sat Oct 13, 2018 9:59 am

First topic message reminder :

A host on Univision's Despierta America came out on the morning show.

Luis Sandoval decided to let his viewers know during Thursday morning's show that he was gay on national Coming Out Day.

He said he felt compelled to do so after nine-year-old Jamel Myles committed suicide in August because his classmates had been teasing him about his sexual orientation.

Sandoval said he was appalled by the harsh treatment the child's mother received in the days following his death.

https://www.dailymail.co.uk/news/article-6270879/Univision-host-reveals-live-tv-hes-gay-impacted-suicide-nine-year-old-boy-Denver-boy.html
HoratioTarr
HoratioTarr
Forum Detective ????‍♀️

Back to top Go down

Emotional moment TV host comes out on morning show saying he felt compelled to do so after a gay nine-year-old boy in Denver committed suicide - Page 2 Empty Re: Emotional moment TV host comes out on morning show saying he felt compelled to do so after a gay nine-year-old boy in Denver committed suicide

Post by Guest Tue Oct 16, 2018 5:10 pm

WhoseYourWolfie wrote:
Vicar of Dibley (vod) wrote:
I see my greatest fan is here Smile afternoon wolfie . Have a great day be blessed .

G'Day

I just find it laughable to continually see how many of you self-proclaimed "Christians" on here,  so often so proudly wearing your faiths on your sleeves --  while trying to use your Gods to back your intolerances,  have obviously never bothered to actually read your Bibles  !!!

Just keep it as a bookend or a doorstop, do you ???

ha ha you are actually right on your last statement , we have a huge bible that we were given years back and we do use it to keep a door open . It's very heavy lol

Back to top Go down

Emotional moment TV host comes out on morning show saying he felt compelled to do so after a gay nine-year-old boy in Denver committed suicide - Page 2 Empty Re: Emotional moment TV host comes out on morning show saying he felt compelled to do so after a gay nine-year-old boy in Denver committed suicide

Post by nicko Tue Oct 16, 2018 10:08 pm

Talking about intolerances, Wolfie, have you ever read the Koran ?
nicko
nicko
Forum Detective ????‍♀️

Back to top Go down

Post by Eilzel Wed Oct 17, 2018 1:01 am

Eilzel wrote:
nicko wrote:Jesus said,  "a man shall not lie with a man "   is that correct ?

No he didn't. It's in the Old Testament, in the same chapter that says not to wear clothes of mixed fibres and not to eat sea food. Oh, and the same book that includes talking snakes, giants and a man being told to kill his son to show his love for god. So pretty silly all things considered.

I thought you studied religion when training to become a teacher ?

Romans 1:26-27 New King James Version (NKJV)
26 For this reason God gave them up to vile passions. For even their [a]women exchanged the natural use for what is against nature. 27 Likewise also the [b]men, leaving the natural use of the [c]woman, burned in their lust for one another, men with men committing what is shameful, and receiving in themselves the penalty of their error which was due.

The Epistle to the Romans or Letter to the Romans, often shortened to Romans, is the sixth book in the New Testament. Biblical scholars agree that it was composed by the Apostle Paul to explain that salvation is offered through the gospel of Jesus Christ.

The quote nicko gave is from the OT, there are two quotes from the NT suggesting homosexuality is wrong but nicko didn't quote those.

And no, no one studies religion when training to become a teacher. Would be a pointless waste of time, wouldn't it lol
Eilzel
Eilzel
Speaker of the House

Back to top Go down

Post by nicko Wed Oct 17, 2018 6:26 am

Is that why they don't bother teaching Christianity any more ?
nicko
nicko
Forum Detective ????‍♀️

Back to top Go down

Post by Eilzel Wed Oct 17, 2018 6:43 am

nicko wrote:Is that why they don't bother teaching Christianity any more ?

They do, in Religious Studies/ Religious Education (e.g R.E or R.S). Along with all religions.

Unless you go to a Christian School why would a Science Teacher, History Teacher or Maths Teacher possibly need to know the intricate details or Christianity?
Eilzel
Eilzel
Speaker of the House

Back to top Go down

Post by nicko Wed Oct 17, 2018 7:07 am

Don't need to know the intricate details, just the basic !
nicko
nicko
Forum Detective ????‍♀️

Back to top Go down

Post by Eilzel Wed Oct 17, 2018 7:14 am

nicko wrote:Don't need to know the intricate details,   just the basic  !

Everyone knows the basics nicko Rolling Eyes

VOD and I weren't discussing basic though, were we. We were discussing very specific verses from the New and Old Testaments. Not the kind of thing one needs to know if their goal is to teach algebra and calculations of the hypotenuse to 14 year olds! Laughing
Eilzel
Eilzel
Speaker of the House

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Wed Oct 17, 2018 12:23 pm

I've just asked my daughter in law she is a teacher and she said she learned about different faith including Christianity . I think it was just the basic though . But with her being a Christian she obviously knows deeper and one of the teachers there is a minister .

Regardless of all this . And I have always said this , I am not saying gay people are not nice people or that they are demon possessed , but it is my belief that homosexuality is a demonic spirit and demonic spirits influence from a very young age even in the womb .

Les I don't dislike you at all , you should know that I just won't ever go against my belief just as you won't go against your belief that you're born the way you are .

Back to top Go down

Post by Eilzel Wed Oct 17, 2018 12:52 pm

Vicar of Dibley (vod) wrote:I've just asked my daughter in law she is a teacher and she said she learned about different faith including Christianity . I think it was just the basic though . But with her being a Christian she obviously knows deeper and one of the teachers there is a minister .

Regardless of all this . And I have always said this , I am not saying gay people are not nice people or that they are demon possessed , but it is my belief that homosexuality is a demonic spirit and demonic spirits influence from a very young age even in the womb .

Les I don't dislike you at all , you should know that I just won't ever go against my belief just as you won't go against your belief that you're born the way you are .

So not demon possessed but influenced by a demonic spirit? We are playing with semantics here Laughing

As I said before, you are entitled to your belief, I just don't have to like how that influences your views and statements on the topic whenever it is the news.
Eilzel
Eilzel
Speaker of the House

Back to top Go down

Post by nicko Wed Oct 17, 2018 3:28 pm

Elizel. do you think Algebra is a waste of time ?
I took a Snipers course once, we had to use it to work out angles, velocity, weight of Bullet plus allowances for Wind, humidity etc. Never ever thought I,d need it. I came 2nd out of 12 !
nicko
nicko
Forum Detective ????‍♀️

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Wed Oct 17, 2018 3:43 pm

Eilzel wrote:
Vicar of Dibley (vod) wrote:I've just asked my daughter in law she is a teacher and she said she learned about different faith including Christianity . I think it was just the basic though . But with her being a Christian she obviously knows deeper and one of the teachers there is a minister .

So not demon possessed but influenced by a demonic spirit? We are playing with semantics here Laughing

As I said before, you are entitled to your belief, I just don't have to like how that influences your views and statements on the topic whenever it is the news.

You personally being a demon or being influenced by a demon have nothing to do with semantics . They are completely different but unfortunately that devastates your argument , you come to your own conclusions and they will be the conclusions your personal bias will allow .

Back to top Go down

Post by Eilzel Wed Oct 17, 2018 3:44 pm

nicko wrote:Elizel.  do you think Algebra is a waste of time ?
I took a Snipers course once,  we had to use it to work out angles, velocity, weight of Bullet plus allowances for Wind, humidity etc.  Never ever thought I,d need it.   I came 2nd out of 12 !

Algebra isn't a waste of time at all. I can't say I've used it myself since school but it is useful in many areas!
At the very least all forms of maths are important in developing kids problem solving schools.
Eilzel
Eilzel
Speaker of the House

Back to top Go down

Post by Eilzel Wed Oct 17, 2018 3:47 pm

Eilzel wrote:

You personally being a demon or being influenced by a demon have nothing to do with semantics . They are completely different but unfortunately that devastates your argument  , you come to your own conclusions and they will be the conclusions your personal bias will allow .

None of that makes sense, or addresses what I said. Regardless, I believe demons are fictitious so not much to talk about really Laughing
Eilzel
Eilzel
Speaker of the House

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Wed Oct 17, 2018 4:12 pm

Eilzel wrote:

You personally being a demon or being influenced by a demon have nothing to do with semantics . They are completely different but unfortunately that devastates your argument  , you come to your own conclusions and they will be the conclusions your personal bias will allow .

None of that makes sense, or addresses what I said. Regardless, I believe demons are fictitious so not much to talk about really Laughing

You know i believe being homosexual is fictitious , and if you don't believe demons exist why was it such a problem for you ? .

Back to top Go down

Post by Eilzel Thu Oct 18, 2018 1:13 am

Eilzel wrote:

You know i believe being homosexual is fictitious , and if you don't believe demons exist why was it such a problem for you ? .

I don't think you understand what fictitious means Rolling Eyes

Homosexuality is demonstrably a reality since millions of people fall in love and have sex with people of the same gender.

Therefore, NOT fictitious.

Demons have never been seen.

Therefore fictitious unless proven otherwise.
Eilzel
Eilzel
Speaker of the House

Back to top Go down

Post by veya_victaous Thu Oct 18, 2018 1:49 am

Yeah you can't just believe something tangible is Fake

Or You can but then You are legally insane 
and should not be allowed to vote, at a minimum 
I would also extend it to contact with minors or society in general 
really IF at this point you want to Say Homosexuals are fictitious the only place where it would be ethical for society to let you to stay is an Asylum 

VOD clearly You have a mental health issue as that is not an 'Opinion' 
Please seek REAL medical advice on Your condition
veya_victaous
veya_victaous
The Mod Loki, Minister of Chaos & Candy, Emperor of the Southern Realms, Captain Kangaroo

Back to top Go down

Post by Tommy Monk Thu Oct 18, 2018 2:48 am

Only heterosexuals can have sexual intercourse in the true definition of 'sex...

Just as... only heterosexuals can consummate a marriage...

And... only heterosexuals can naturally reproduce...

Tommy Monk
Tommy Monk
Forum Detective ????‍♀️

Back to top Go down

Post by Eilzel Thu Oct 18, 2018 3:15 am

Tommy Monk wrote:Only heterosexuals can have sexual intercourse in the true definition of 'sex...

What has any of that got to do with anything mentioned above?
Eilzel
Eilzel
Speaker of the House

Back to top Go down

Post by Tommy Monk Thu Oct 18, 2018 3:17 am

Eilzel wrote:

Homosexuality is demonstrably a reality since millions of people fall in love and have sex with people of the same gender.

Your post above...

Tommy Monk
Tommy Monk
Forum Detective ????‍♀️

Back to top Go down

Post by Eilzel Thu Oct 18, 2018 3:21 am

Tommy Monk wrote:
Eilzel wrote:

Your post above...

You are so opposed to homosexuality you are going to try and claim gay people can't have sex?

Have you heard of oral sex? Anal sex?

Sex can be had in many ways, tommy. It's sad you need me to explain this to you Laughing
Eilzel
Eilzel
Speaker of the House

Back to top Go down

Post by Ben Reilly Thu Oct 18, 2018 11:28 am

Tommy Monk wrote:Only heterosexuals can have sexual intercourse in the true definition of 'sex...

If you're right, the implication is that no two men or two women are having sex with one another ...

... (waiting for you to catch up)

... (are you there yet?)

... (okay I'll just point out your fallacy here)

... and thus you have nothing to take offense to!
Ben Reilly
Ben Reilly
King of Texas. Gigantic Killer Robot. Robin Hood of Epping Forest. Fifty Shades of Cray.

http://www.newsfixboard.com

Back to top Go down

Post by Tommy Monk Thu Oct 18, 2018 2:45 pm

sexual intercourse. heterosexual intercourse involving penetration of the vagina by the penis

Tommy Monk
Tommy Monk
Forum Detective ????‍♀️

Back to top Go down

Post by Tommy Monk Thu Oct 18, 2018 2:50 pm

In many traditions and statutes of civil or religious law, the consummation of a marriage, often called simply consummation, is the first act of sexual intercourse between two people, either following their marriage to each other or after a prolonged romantic attraction. Wikipedia
Tommy Monk
Tommy Monk
Forum Detective ????‍♀️

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Thu Oct 18, 2018 3:23 pm

Tommy Monk wrote:

sexual intercourse. heterosexual intercourse involving penetration of the vagina by the penis

Well the majority of married couples also engage in many sexual acts

So your point is utterly moot.

Where the law will clearly change in time on this from sexual intercourse to sexual acts. Or they will simple and rightfully scrap the notion of consummated.

It just means updating the divorce laws to allow people to divorce more easily

Back to top Go down

Post by 'Wolfie Thu Oct 18, 2018 3:28 pm

Laughing

Tommy definitely lives in his own insular little puniverse...

Unable to actually win any of his silly arguments he keeps on attempting to redefine the English language to suit his particular agendas..

So far on here to date on Newsfix, we have seen Tommy attemting to rewrite common defintions to suit in such areas as :
Political systems
Economics
Climatology
Geology
Astronomy
Genetics
And now, human sexuality.

Nobody on Newsfix has any need for dictionaries or reference books anymore --  just ask self-declared "genius" Tommy to apply his infinite wisdom to the task..
'Wolfie
'Wolfie
Forum Detective ????‍♀️

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Thu Oct 18, 2018 4:44 pm

veya_victaous wrote:Yeah you can't just believe something tangible is Fake

really IF at this point you want to Say Homosexuals are fictitious the only place where it would be ethical for society to let you to stay is an Asylum 

you're in another country thousands of miles away and sat there diagnosing another person with insanity and mental illness. I think your reply to me is actually abusive and if any other mod that are not bias would care to look they would see it as abusive. I won't hold my breath though .

Glad i don't post here much , i have been on another forum where the mods are fair and don't allow bullying or abuse .

Back to top Go down

Post by Syl Thu Oct 18, 2018 4:51 pm

Eilzel wrote:

You are as entitled as anyone else to hold the opinions you do Vod, but why do you think homosexuality isnt real?
People are born to be what they are...which is as they mature usually to be attracted to the opposite sex or the same sex.
You may personally feel one or the other is not natural, but you surely cant deny it's existence. scratch
Syl
Syl
Forum Detective ????‍♀️

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Thu Oct 18, 2018 5:00 pm

Syl wrote:

You are as entitled as anyone else to hold the opinions you do Vod, but why do you think homosexuality isnt real?
People are born to be what they are...which is as they mature usually to be attracted to the opposite sex or the same sex.
You may personally feel one or the other is not natural, but you surely cant deny it's existence. scratch

Its existence is real the actions of being gay are real of course but being gay isn't natural , its my belief as a Christian . I have never backed down on the subject but I won't if I can help it upset people are gay . I have in the past but I am not the same person I used to be I have repented and I try to be reasonable and as best I can try to explain my belief .

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Thu Oct 18, 2018 5:04 pm

Syl wrote:

Its existence is real the actions of being gay are real of course but being gay isn't natural , its my belief as a Christian . I have never backed down on the subject but I won't if I can help it upset people are gay . I have in the past but I am not the same person I used to be I have repented and I try to be reasonable and as best I can try to explain my belief .

It happens naturally throughout the animal world

So its very natural to happen and what you cannot deny, is you yourself, cannot mke yourself attracted to women sexually.

People homosexual can only find themselves sexually attracted to the same sex. This attraction comes from the very same part of the brain for everyone and how some people are attracted to both sexes are bisexual.

So to say its not natural, has no bases what so ever.

So if two conscenting adults are attracted to each other and what to enjoy being in love and together, what buisness is it of yours or anyone else?

Back to top Go down

Post by Eilzel Thu Oct 18, 2018 5:18 pm

veya_victaous wrote:Yeah you can't just believe something tangible is Fake

you're in another country thousands of miles away and sat there diagnosing another person with insanity and mental illness. I think your reply to me is actually abusive and if any other mod that are not bias would care to look they would see it as abusive. I won't hold my breath though .

Glad i don't post here much , i have been on another forum where the mods are fair and don't allow bullying or abuse .

Veya's post was not abusive.

It was conditional.

IF you deny the existence of homosexuality (which is what saying something is fictitious means) then that would suggest a mental disorder, in veya's opinion. And an understandable opinion at that.

Since you just said you do not deny the existence of homosexuality you therefore do not really think it is fictitious (like demons). So you are not suffering a mental disorder.

I know you'll sleep well knowing this Smile
Eilzel
Eilzel
Speaker of the House

Back to top Go down

Post by Original Quill Thu Oct 18, 2018 5:25 pm

Syl wrote:

Not to answer for Vod, nor to advocate for imbeciles, but these people are trying to deny personhood to homosexuals--hence the unique expression that homosexuality is "fictitious". Their belief is that if homosexuals are denied their genuineness, they are illicit from the ground up.

The problem with this theory is, if the homosexual impulse is not genuine, why do they exist? If there is no genuineness, there would be no reward, and thus no tendency. But there are homosexuals.

The problem with rightys is, they they are engaging in a kind of ‘bootstrap’ logic. If it were not natural—if it were “fictitious”--why would it even exist? They don't know why and they don't care, they just want to declare it illegal. It’s classic authoritarian reasoning.

Original Quill
Forum Detective ????‍♀️

Back to top Go down

Post by Original Quill Thu Oct 18, 2018 5:31 pm

Les wrote:IF you deny the existence of homosexuality (which is what saying something is fictitious means) then that would suggest a mental disorder, in veya's opinion. And an understandable opinion at that.

No, Vod is actually denying the existence of it...denying in a linear sense, that it has any cause.  Even a mental disorder has a cause, it's just somehow aberrant.  Aberrant to what, in this case?  What she is saying is it is non-existent.

Original Quill
Forum Detective ????‍♀️

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Thu Oct 18, 2018 5:38 pm

Eilzel wrote:

It was conditional.

IF you deny the existence of homosexuality (which is what saying something is fictitious means) then that would suggest a mental disorder, in veya's opinion. And an understandable opinion at that.

Since you just said you do not deny the existence of homosexuality you therefore do not really think it is fictitious (like demons). So you are not suffering a mental disorder.

I always sleep well in a natural hetrosexual sleep secure in the knowledge that I am normal and saved .

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Thu Oct 18, 2018 5:41 pm

Eilzel wrote:

It was conditional.

I always sleep well in a natural hetrosexual sleep secure in the knowledge that I am normal and saved .

What is a hetrosexual sleep?

A wet hetrosexual dream?

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Thu Oct 18, 2018 5:41 pm

But Les, what's the point in this anyway you are happy in your life I am happy in mine.

Back to top Go down

Post by Eilzel Thu Oct 18, 2018 5:43 pm

Eilzel wrote:

It was conditional.

Too easy VOD Wink Laughing

Still, glad you stopped with that fictitious nonsense.
Eilzel
Eilzel
Speaker of the House

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Thu Oct 18, 2018 5:46 pm

Eilzel wrote:

I just don't want to sit here bored arguing its not worth it , I told you I don't want to be rude like some on here.

Do you think believing in aliens is a mental disorder ?

Back to top Go down

Post by Syl Thu Oct 18, 2018 5:57 pm

Syl wrote:

OK, it was the word fictitious that made me wonder. I think everyone agrees that homosexuality isnt fictitious but the juries still out on demons. Laughing  

Being gay to you isnt natural, neither is it for me, just as being straight wouldn't be natural to Eilzel, or any other gay person. Being small with white hair wouldnt be natural to a tall brunette either, so you dont have to back down on that because you are right.
I do understand that if you follow the word of the bible literally your core beliefs are guided by that and not by science, or reason or logic.
I think you have explined yourself well tbh.
Syl
Syl
Forum Detective ????‍♀️

Back to top Go down

Post by Original Quill Thu Oct 18, 2018 9:34 pm

Syl wrote:I do understand that if you follow the word of the bible literally your core beliefs are guided by that and not by science, or reason or logic.

But, according to Vod, the bible says that gays are 'fictitious', which is to say not real. Yet they DO exist.

I guess god is not omniscient, omnipotent and omnipresent after all. Something escaped his powers.

Original Quill
Forum Detective ????‍♀️

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Thu Oct 18, 2018 10:00 pm

Original Quill wrote:
Syl wrote:I do understand that if you follow the word of the bible literally your core beliefs are guided by that and not by science, or reason or logic.

But, according to Vod, the bible says that gays are 'fictitious', which is to say not real.  Yet they DO exist.

I guess god is not omniscient, omnipotent and omnipresent after all.  Something escaped his powers.

if i believe it then that has to be accepted just like your belief and every one else's belief. Why should my belief be discouraged and yours and everyone else's accepted. Its called equality what you and every one else keep banging on about .

Back to top Go down

Post by Original Quill Thu Oct 18, 2018 10:21 pm

Original Quill wrote:

But, according to Vod, the bible says that gays are 'fictitious', which is to say not real.  Yet they DO exist.

I guess god is not omniscient, omnipotent and omnipresent after all.  Something escaped his powers.

if i believe it then that has to be accepted just like your belief and every one else's belief. Why should my belief be discouraged and yours and everyone else's accepted. Its called equality what you and every one else keep banging on about .

I think we missed something in the communication.  I believe that you believe that gays are fictitious.  The issue is, if you believe something, you also must accept the logical implications.

If you believe that gays are 'fictitious', yet accept that they do exist, you are by logic implying that god is not omniscient, omnipotent and omnipresent.  How can god have the sole power to determine what does and does not exist, yet have something that exists not of his making?

Original Quill
Forum Detective ????‍♀️

Back to top Go down

Post by Eilzel Fri Oct 19, 2018 12:21 am

Eilzel wrote:

I just don't want to sit here bored arguing its not worth it , I told you I don't want to be rude like some on here.

Do you think believing in aliens is a mental disorder ?

No, because in a universe as big as this it would actually be incredible if our planet were the only one with life on it.

So no one knows about aliens, personally I think they are somewhere out there.
Eilzel
Eilzel
Speaker of the House

Back to top Go down

Post by Eilzel Fri Oct 19, 2018 12:31 am

Original Quill wrote:

No, the point you miss about views being accepted is that they should only be accepted up to the point they threaten the rights of others.

You, at the time, expressed opposition to gay marriage and gay people adopting children. I have no idea if you still do, but that opposition stemmed from your beliefs about homosexuality. So since your beliefs directly opposed my rights I see no reason I should accept them as of equal standing. My beliefs have zero impact on you and your life.
Eilzel
Eilzel
Speaker of the House

Back to top Go down

Post by Tommy Monk Fri Oct 19, 2018 12:49 am

Didge wrote:

It happens naturally throughout the animal world

So its very natural to happen and what you cannot deny, is you yourself, cannot mke yourself attracted to women sexually.

People homosexual can only find themselves sexually attracted to the same sex. This attraction comes from the very same part of the brain for everyone and how some people are attracted to both sexes are bisexual.

So to say its not natural, has no bases what so ever.

So if two conscenting adults are attracted to each other and what to enjoy being in love and together, what buisness is it of yours or anyone else?

Waffle...

Tommy Monk
Tommy Monk
Forum Detective ????‍♀️

Back to top Go down

Post by Fred Moletrousers Fri Oct 19, 2018 1:54 am

WhoseYourWolfie wrote:Laughing

Unable to actually win any of his silly arguments he keeps on attempting to redefine the English language to suit his particular agendas..

So far on here to date on Newsfix, we have seen Tommy attemting to rewrite common defintions to suit in such areas as :
Political systems
Economics
Climatology
Geology
Astronomy
Genetics

Nobody on Newsfix has any need for dictionaries or reference books anymore --  just ask self-declared "genius" Tommy to apply his infinite wisdom to the task..

I agree with and approve of relatively little that Tommy posts, but when he does so it is presented in a manner that avoids personal abuse and which represents his strongly and personally held beliefs and convictions supported, where appropriate, by published material of his choice.

Frankly, when debating an issue at an adult level, I would much prefer to do so with him than with an objectionable, frequently abusive,  self-opinionated boor with delusions of Papal infallibility.

Perhaps you might consider descending from that pedestal of your own making and at least attempt to learn something from him, Wolfie.
Fred Moletrousers
Fred Moletrousers
MABEL, THE GREAT ZOG

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Fri Oct 19, 2018 4:13 am

Fred Moletrousers wrote:
WhoseYourWolfie wrote:Laughing

Political systems
Economics
Climatology
Geology
Astronomy
Genetics

I agree with and approve of relatively little that Tommy posts, but when he does so it is presented in a manner that avoids personal abuse and which represents his strongly and personally held beliefs and convictions supported, where appropriate, by published material of his choice.

Frankly, when debating an issue at an adult level, I would much prefer to do so with him than with an objectionable, frequently abusive,  self-opinionated boor with delusions of Papal infallibility.

Perhaps you might consider descending from that pedestal of your own making and at least  attempt to learn something from him, Wolfie.

lol, you clearly never read his last reply to me then

And to say he avoids abuse by constantly calling people twats, then you clearly need to go to specsavers

Now I agree wolf is wrong to post as he does above and condemn him for doing so, but when he does debate properly. He has far more apptitude and understanding than Tommy could ever hope to achieve and there is a simple reason for that.

Tommy has no interested in applying skeptical reasoning to what he believes in.

I certainly have througout my life and have change my views on issues. For example I am now an athiest, where once I was a practicing Catholic.

So the question to ask, is why you are not applying the same views towards Tommy?

To be honest, it shows a poor bias on your part, which everyone has here.

Hence the above by you was menaingless, as you certainly were far from being impartial or fair

Back to top Go down

Post by Tommy Monk Fri Oct 19, 2018 1:33 pm

Didge... you repeat the same lies... lies that I have gone through with you before and shown you to be wrong... but you pop up with the same shit again and again...

So when you do this now... I will just post as I did earlier...
Tommy Monk
Tommy Monk
Forum Detective ????‍♀️

Back to top Go down

Post by Original Quill Fri Oct 19, 2018 1:55 pm

Fred M. wrote:Frankly, when debating an issue at an adult level, I would much prefer to do so with him than with an objectionable, frequently abusive,  self-opinionated boor with delusions of Papal infallibility.

Perhaps you might consider descending from that pedestal of your own making and at least attempt to learn something from him, Wolfie.

With all due respect, Fred, I thought that Wolf's post was non-abusive, and quite on point.  Perhaps you object to the generality of it, because I found no swear words, no insults and a simple point to be made.

I admire tommy's posts too, and I've admired him ever since he made the argument (erroneous) that nature was a deity.  He hit on all points, except he couldn't quite make the metaphysical, real.

Wolf is more impatient with tommy, but he was correct that tommy's arguments are often mere imperatives.  I'm mindful that Wolf speaks roughly on occasion, but I wish people would keep their eye on the doughnut and not the hole...this time his point was well made.

Original Quill
Forum Detective ????‍♀️

Back to top Go down

Post by Syl Fri Oct 19, 2018 2:04 pm

Original Quill wrote:
Fred M. wrote:Frankly, when debating an issue at an adult level, I would much prefer to do so with him than with an objectionable, frequently abusive,  self-opinionated boor with delusions of Papal infallibility.

With all due respect, Fred, I thought that Wolf's post was non-abusive, and quite on point.  Perhaps you object to the generality of it, because I found no swear words, no insults and a simple point to be made.

I admire tommy's posts too, and I've admired him ever since he made the argument (erroneous) that nature was a deity.  He hit on all points, except he couldn't quite make the metaphysical, real.

Wolf is more impatient with tommy, but he was correct that tommy's arguments are often mere imperatives.  I'm mindful that Wolf often speaks roughly, but I wish people would keep their eye on the doughnut and not the hole...this time his point was well made.

With all due respect to you Quill, you happily sit back and say nothing, even positively encourage your little mate by taking his side, when he has said the crudest personal things to people, especially the women on the forum.

Fred is right, WW seldom posts without hurling insults and lies out about others.......thats why the doughnut is more often than not ignored by some on here.
Syl
Syl
Forum Detective ????‍♀️

Back to top Go down

Post by Original Quill Fri Oct 19, 2018 2:20 pm

Syl wrote:With all due respect to you Quill, you happily sit back and say nothing, even positively encourage your little mate by taking his side, when he has said the crudest personal things to people, especially the women on the forum.

Fred is right, WW seldom posts without hurling insults and lies out about others.......thats why the doughnut is more often than not ignored by some on here.

Gd. morning Syl (6 am here). Wolf was not abusive here, and that is the point.

We don't advance the cause of civility, when we bang on people because of reputation or 'other posts'. Wolf made a simple point, quite appropriate in it's own right. That's what I meant about the doughnut metaphor: look at the substance, and not at the air in between. When someone makes a valid point, don't immediately go to your perceived reputation of him.

Don't you see that this continues the animosity and antagonisms, without advancing any point at all. Give the spark of life, however small, to the possibility that we can all be friendly toward one another.

Original Quill
Forum Detective ????‍♀️

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down

Page 2 of 4 Previous  1, 2, 3, 4  Next