NewsFix
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

The Royal Wedding

+6
Andy
nicko
Syl
Original Quill
magica
JulesV
10 posters

Page 1 of 2 1, 2  Next

Go down

The Royal Wedding Empty The Royal Wedding

Post by JulesV Thu Oct 11, 2018 3:07 pm

It's coming!
Princess Eugenie will wed Jack Brooksbank tomorrow.
I'll be watching. I always watch milestones of history.
And it's uplifting to see two people promise to devote the rest of their lives to each other, before witnesses.

Wanna see . . . .
The dress!!  
The horse & carriage.
A replica of the cake
The wedding guests in all their finery. The autumnal fashions will be a bit different to the summery attire we saw at other high profile weddings.

Do any of you have any autumn weddings to attend?  The Royal Wedding 613483540

♬ I'm getting married in ♫ ♪  the morning! ♪ ♫ The Royal Wedding 79240_smiley_singing_13213

JulesV
Forum Detective ????‍♀️

Back to top Go down

The Royal Wedding Empty Re: The Royal Wedding

Post by magica Thu Oct 11, 2018 3:28 pm

Not bothered about this wedding anymore than I was Harry's.
magica
magica
Forum Detective ????‍♀️

Back to top Go down

Post by Original Quill Thu Oct 11, 2018 3:48 pm

What fun. I always liked her father, Andrew.

Original Quill
Forum Detective ????‍♀️

Back to top Go down

Post by Syl Thu Oct 11, 2018 4:17 pm

I couldn't be less interested. I also object to the tax payers having to contribute to this spoiled little rich girls extravaganza. She does sod all in public duties, she (or her equally useless parents) should be  paying for her own security, which is £2 million that could be spent for worthwhile causes..

Harrys wedding was different....he actually works towards the good of the country, plus he is generally well liked.
Syl
Syl
Forum Detective ????‍♀️

Back to top Go down

Post by nicko Thu Oct 11, 2018 5:02 pm

Well said Syl !
nicko
nicko
Forum Detective ????‍♀️

Back to top Go down

Post by Syl Thu Oct 11, 2018 5:12 pm

nicko wrote:Well said Syl !

Thank you Nicko.
I think millions of people probably think like we do.
Syl
Syl
Forum Detective ????‍♀️

Back to top Go down

Post by JulesV Fri Oct 12, 2018 10:31 am

Syl wrote:
nicko wrote:Well said Syl !

Thank you Nicko.
And millions don't. 50/50. Laughing

The lesser royals pay for their own weddings but with the inevitable huge crowds of wellwishers gathering this creates a security issue. Securing the safety of wellwishers, guests and royals is publically funded, separately.

People who live abroad are more fascinated than we are, and two of my sisters who live abroad have been on the phone to me in all morning, they luv the outfits. My sisters have always preferred autumnal fashion to summer wear.

Unlike Meghan's wedding there is no last minute family drama  but there is speculation about why Camilla is absent at such a key royal event.

JulesV
Forum Detective ????‍♀️

Back to top Go down

Post by JulesV Fri Oct 12, 2018 10:41 am

Original Quill wrote:What fun.  I always liked her father, Andrew.
Andrew is too grumpy looking to be likeable and he used to keep baaaad company, apparently . . .

Anyway, back to the subject of the wedding, it's being shown on most of our channels, and abroad too. The guests look fresh and happy, not as tired as Meghan's guests who had flown in on long haul flights.  Can't wait to see the bridesmaids and their outfits.

And of course . . . . the wedding dress. I wonder which designer she will chose. If he/she is an obscure one, they will get instant globalfame. cheers

LL > > https://www.telegraph.co.uk/royal-family/2018/10/12/princess-eugenies-royal-wedding-jack-brooksbank-live-updates/

JulesV
Forum Detective ????‍♀️

Back to top Go down

Post by Syl Fri Oct 12, 2018 11:38 am

Jules wrote:
Syl wrote:

Thank you Nicko.

The lesser royals pay for their own weddings but with the inevitable huge crowds of wellwishers gathering this creates a security issue. Securing the safety of wellwishers, guests and royals is publically funded, separately.

People who live abroad are more fascinated than we are, and two of my sisters who live abroad have been on the phone to me in all morning, they luv the outfits. My sisters have always preferred autumnal fashion to summer wear.

Unlike Meghan's wedding there is no last minute family drama  but there is speculation about why Camilla is absent at such a key royal event.

I have listened to a couple of phone in's...just random people giving their view of this wedding....I would say it's more like 5% for and 95% against the fact that tax payers money is being used to go towards this wedding.
She wanted the big do with all the paraphernalia that goes with it, she and her family should pay for it.

Granted the phone in's were up North, maybe people further South feel differently. It would be interesting to hear.
Syl
Syl
Forum Detective ????‍♀️

Back to top Go down

Post by Andy Fri Oct 12, 2018 12:11 pm

Euginie was asked if she wanted the Royal Coach.

"No need", she brayed.

"Mummy has told me all about how to have sex, she has lots of experience"
Andy
Andy
Poet Laureate & Traveling Bard of NewsFix

Location : Winning the fight to drain the swamp of far right extremists.

Back to top Go down

Post by JulesV Fri Oct 12, 2018 1:29 pm

Oh be still my beating heart! Eugenie selected the most heart-meltingly moving hymns imaginable. I have played them all on the piano at home as a child, and also in church numerous times. And I don't mind admitting that the tears flowed freely when those hymns were sung.

Speaking of which it was moving how tearful Prince Andrew looked. As for mum, Sarah, she was too happy to be within the royal fold again,  to bother with tears, after years of being ostracised.

The wind was so wild, an unfortunate lady's skirt blew right up to her head revealing her knickers. Happened right at the top of the church steps in front of a watching world !!!! Embarassed Embarassed Embarassed split my sides laughing.  The Royal Wedding 3489511464

Apart from that, the whole event went without a hitch. Elderly family patriach Prince Philip was well enough to attend and he looked ok, phew.

JulesV
Forum Detective ????‍♀️

Back to top Go down

Post by JulesV Fri Oct 12, 2018 1:58 pm

-
Angry Andy wrote:Euginie was asked if she wanted the Royal Coach.

"No need", she brayed.

"Mummy has told me all about how to have sex, she has lots of experience"
Meeoooowwww  lol! 
Coach looked damn fine, straight out of a disney fairy tale. Bride looked knockout gorgeous. Frock, tiara - faaab! 

Dunno why Eugenie & Beatrice are dubbed ''the ugly sisters'' The Royal Wedding 2190311264 . . .   OK they may not be conventionally beautiful, but they certainly scrub up VERY well & surely they are very desirable to men with their curvaceous voluptuousness  & A-list social status? - it's the whole package that counts.

I liked how all the top women - Beatrice,  Meghan, Kate, Pippa  - all dressed in a deliberately understated way so as not to upstage the bride, but still classy. Astute!  They all avoided patterned outfits and multicoloured fabric - opting for plain 'one-colour-all-over' frocks. The 4 ladies wore purple, navy, burgundy, green respectively. 

Last edited by Jules on Fri Oct 12, 2018 5:27 pm; edited 1 time in total

JulesV
Forum Detective ????‍♀️

Back to top Go down

Post by Original Quill Fri Oct 12, 2018 3:59 pm

Jules wrote:
Original Quill wrote:What fun.  I always liked her father, Andrew.
Andrew is too grumpy looking to be likeable and he used to keep baaaad company, apparently . . .

The boy could party in his day. cheers

Original Quill
Forum Detective ????‍♀️

Back to top Go down

Post by Original Quill Fri Oct 12, 2018 4:05 pm

Syl wrote:
Jules wrote:

I have listened to a couple of phone in's...just random people giving their view of this wedding....I would say it's more like 5% for and 95% against the fact that tax payers money is being used to go towards this wedding.
She wanted the big do with all the paraphernalia that goes with it, she and her family should pay for it.

Granted the phone in's were up North, maybe people further South feel differently. It would be interesting to hear.

I'm pretty sure that Royal-supporters don't do something as plebeian as participate in phone-in's. I think that sample is skewed.

Original Quill
Forum Detective ????‍♀️

Back to top Go down

Post by Syl Fri Oct 12, 2018 6:16 pm

Original Quill wrote:
Syl wrote:

I'm pretty sure that Royal-supporters don't do something as plebeian as participate in phone-in's.  I think that sample is skewed.

Well they was conducted by the BBC. snobby
Syl
Syl
Forum Detective ????‍♀️

Back to top Go down

Post by Original Quill Fri Oct 12, 2018 6:24 pm

Syl wrote:
Original Quill wrote:

I'm pretty sure that Royal-supporters don't do something as plebeian as participate in phone-in's.  I think that sample is skewed.

BBC ratings have sunk recently. They are not above a few plebeian stunts. I still think your sample selects royal-supporters out of consideration.

Original Quill
Forum Detective ????‍♀️

Back to top Go down

Post by Syl Fri Oct 12, 2018 6:33 pm

Original Quill wrote:
Syl wrote:

BBC ratings have sunk recently.  They are not above a few plebeian stunts.  I still think your sample selects royal-supporters out of consideration.
I doubt it Quill....maybe we should have a vote on here, see who supports the 2 million quid of taxpayers money being  paid for the security of a spoiled little rich girls wedding.

How much better that money would have gone towards helping the homeless rather than carelessly shooing them away to fend for themselves further afield. Rolling Eyes

(I cant set up a poll...if I could l I would). snobby
Syl
Syl
Forum Detective ????‍♀️

Back to top Go down

Post by Vintage Fri Oct 12, 2018 6:38 pm

I looked forward to it, love a bit of pomp and splendour, anyway unless the whole occasion is kept under wraps, on a private estate where even then a certain amount of public security would be needed due to members of the public turning up anyway and the roads needing policing.
Lets put it like this I'd rather pay my tax towards a royal wedding or other occasion than to a cup final any day.

Vintage
Forum Detective ????‍♀️

Back to top Go down

Post by Original Quill Fri Oct 12, 2018 6:42 pm

Syl wrote:
Original Quill wrote:

BBC ratings have sunk recently.  They are not above a few plebeian stunts.  I still think your sample selects royal-supporters out of consideration.
I doubt it Quill....maybe we should have a vote on here, see who supports the 2 million quid of taxpayers money being  paid for the security of a spoiled little rich girls wedding.

How much better that money would have gone towards helping the homeless rather than carelessly shooing them away to fend for themselves further afield. Rolling Eyes

(I cant set up a poll...if I could l I would). snobby

I don't care how posters here feel. I'm pretty sure we're all plebeians as well. Well...perhaps Fred and Victor might be royals... king But the rest? Meh...

Original Quill
Forum Detective ????‍♀️

Back to top Go down

Post by Syl Fri Oct 12, 2018 6:44 pm

Fred is far too sensible to be Royal, and isn't Victor a druid?
Syl
Syl
Forum Detective ????‍♀️

Back to top Go down

Post by Original Quill Fri Oct 12, 2018 6:45 pm

Vintage wrote:I looked forward to it, love a bit of pomp and splendour, anyway unless the whole occasion is kept under wraps, on a private estate where even then a certain amount of public security would be needed due to members  of the public turning up anyway and the roads needing policing.
Lets put it like this I'd rather pay my tax towards a royal wedding or other occasion than to a cup final any day.

I heard the ceremony is being held at the same place where Harry and Meghan got married. Where was that?

Original Quill
Forum Detective ????‍♀️

Back to top Go down

Post by Original Quill Fri Oct 12, 2018 6:51 pm

Syl wrote:Fred is far too sensible to be Royal, and isn't Victor a druid?

Well, they both have the bearing and good wit of aristocracy. And since the advent of the Tudurs, druidism might well be the back-chapel religion. Certainly, Romanism took a big hit during the reign of Henry VIII Tudur.

Original Quill
Forum Detective ????‍♀️

Back to top Go down

Post by Raggamuffin Fri Oct 12, 2018 6:59 pm

Does Quill assume that royalty supporters are posh or something?
Raggamuffin
Raggamuffin
Forum Detective ????‍♀️

Back to top Go down

Post by Syl Fri Oct 12, 2018 7:10 pm

Raggamuffin wrote:Does Quill assume that royalty supporters are posh or something?
I think he does....mind you he has an odd opinion  about us Brits a lot of the time. Laughing
Syl
Syl
Forum Detective ????‍♀️

Back to top Go down

Post by JulesV Fri Oct 12, 2018 7:24 pm

Vintage wrote:I looked forward to it, love a bit of pomp and splendour, anyway unless the whole occasion is kept under wraps, on a private estate where even then a certain amount of public security would be needed due to members  of the public turning up anyway and the roads needing policing.

Well said, Vintage   alien 

Seen many royal weddings in my time & heard all the arguments against people showing any interest. Like eg "Oi Jules, Why are you interested in a silly royal wedding, are you simple? they don't even know you exist, they are overprivileged leeches of society" etc etc

But at the end of the day it's great to see the best of British fashion, floristy, catering, music,  vintage cars, carriages & the calvary all come together and put on a good show.  An uplifting sight on a dull, chilly autumnal day.

Wedding gown designers were Peter Pilotto and Christopher De Vos
Cake creator was Sophie Cabot who made a 5 tier red & velvet cake
Music was from The Royal Philharmonic Orchestra and The Household Calvary
Florist: not sure but they clearly did a great job.

JulesV
Forum Detective ????‍♀️

Back to top Go down

Post by Original Quill Fri Oct 12, 2018 7:26 pm

Syl wrote:
Raggamuffin wrote:Does Quill assume that royalty supporters are posh or something?
I think he does....mind you he has an odd opinion  about us Brits a lot of the time. Laughing

I used to live there.

I believe it was Claude Levi-Strauss who worked out the roles of anthropologists as structuralist and functionalist. The functionalist lives within and among the subject society, and his liability is that he becomes one of them and has difficulty describing it from the outside.

The structuralist stands apart and is able to describe the culture quite well in structural terms, but his difficulty is in not being close enough to understand some of the subtleties.

I would say I'm mostly a structural observer of British society. What I lose in not living within the society every day, I gain in being able to objectively describe it.

Original Quill
Forum Detective ????‍♀️

Back to top Go down

Post by Victorismyhero Fri Oct 12, 2018 7:30 pm

well blue blood certainly runs in my veins, however diluted.....

I can trace my ancestry back to a certain Robert de Ros who arrived here in 1086, a cousin of king william and william of course was a grandson of a Rollo king of a Viking group who became the "Norseman" (north men) who of course were the "Normans"
Victorismyhero
Victorismyhero
INTERNAL SECURITY DIRECTOR
INTERNAL SECURITY DIRECTOR

Back to top Go down

Post by Vintage Fri Oct 12, 2018 7:43 pm

St. George's Chapel at Windsor Castle, the 'home church' for the Royal Family.

Vintage
Forum Detective ????‍♀️

Back to top Go down

Post by JulesV Fri Oct 12, 2018 7:50 pm

Lord Foul wrote:well blue blood certainly runs in my veins, however diluted.....

I can trace my ancestry back to a certain Robert de Ros who arrived here in 1086, a cousin of king william and william of course was a grandson of a Rollo king of a Viking group who became the "Norseman" (north men) who of course were the "Normans"

LF I understand that you hail from the ancient Druids? I regard the Druids as the original blue-blooded ones, so yes, I agree with your post.

Small mishap at the wedding - one of the pageboys took a tumble on the steps.  Easily done,  little boys can be very clumsy. I remember that Prince Harry tumbled too, many years ago as a 4 yo pageboy. 

JulesV
Forum Detective ????‍♀️

Back to top Go down

Post by Original Quill Fri Oct 12, 2018 7:52 pm

Lord Foul wrote:well blue blood certainly runs in my veins, however diluted.....

That says it all. And Robert the Bruce was really Robert de Bruges (Belgium), a descendant of a member of Queen Matilda of Flanders' (wife of William I) entourage, which came over with William and fought at Hastings. Thus Scots are of high lineage as well.

Y'all should have treated Mary Stuart better.

Original Quill
Forum Detective ????‍♀️

Back to top Go down

Post by JulesV Fri Oct 12, 2018 8:03 pm

The wedding gown was STUNNING!  She got the balance just right: not too fussy or flouncy, but at the same time it had enough detail to keep fashion experts talking, it's unapologetically feminine, with bows, back & front cleavages and curves. Her curvaceous figure fitted the dress perfectly. 

(Meghan is quite sweet & pretty but I feel her choice of wedding design was disastrous - she is very thin and has no curves whatsoever yet she chose a dull, ultraplain design that highlighted her lack of curves even more. It cost an absolute fortune but it had nothing to show for all that dosh, imo.) 

@ Andy  The Royal Wedding 2347854014 - yes Eugenie is very um … buxom and I have referenced that TWICE already , in a tasteful way,  ….  imo it's a bit undecorous to discuss her body like she's a piece of meat.  
You even made a separate thread to mention it.  What a Face

JulesV
Forum Detective ????‍♀️

Back to top Go down

Post by Vintage Fri Oct 12, 2018 8:22 pm

I thought she got it right as well, she looked lovely.
He seemed nervous but she did a good job reassuring him, nice couple they look genuinely happy.
While I hope Harry and Meghan will be just as happy I find her very Hollywood in her style and attitude and therefore what you see isn't what you get, you can say that about anyone to a degree I suppose but there's just something, that doesn't sit right for me.
I hope I am proved wrong I always want everyone to be happy.

Vintage
Forum Detective ????‍♀️

Back to top Go down

Post by magica Fri Oct 12, 2018 8:31 pm

I wouldn't have watched it, but had hospital appointment and it was on tele there.

I thought this knocked Harry's into the water. Didn't like his wedding g.

This was a real royal wedding and she looked lovely and her dress was great. Plain but pretty. Suited her. I loved hearing Andre Botcheli singing Ave Maria, I love that song and it was sung beautifully.

She looked radiant and they both smiled lots and looked so in love.

magica
magica
Forum Detective ????‍♀️

Back to top Go down

Post by JulesV Fri Oct 12, 2018 8:46 pm

Vintage wrote:I thought she got it right as well, she looked lovely.
He seemed nervous but she did a good job reassuring him, nice couple they look genuinely happy.
While I hope Harry and Meghan will be just as happy I find her very Hollywood in her style and attitude and therefore what you see isn't what you get, you can say that about anyone to a degree I suppose but there's just something, that doesn't sit right for me.
I hope I am proved wrong I always want everyone to be happy.

Yes and another thing that Eugenie got right was her bridesmaids' frocks! Their green silk belts with big bows added style. Meghan's bridesmaids' dresses were so utterly plain, no belts or sashes or anything The Royal Wedding 2190311264 - a BOLD splash of colour was needed.  Eugenie will go down as being gloriously bold in all her choices, right down to her lack of a veil. Whilst Megs will go down as being too timidly understated-maybe as a commoner she was terrified of looking tacky? 

I wonder what live band they chose for their reception tonight? 
And what they will dine on?? We know they'll all quaff expensive vintage champagne all night!  Laughing snob

JulesV
Forum Detective ????‍♀️

Back to top Go down

Post by Vintage Fri Oct 12, 2018 9:11 pm

Everyone seemed to wear quite nice clothes, what the hell did the Develinge woman whatever her name is, think she looked like, I thought the character in that film where there's a tramp in evening clothes (many years ago it was old when I saw it)
I think it was Charlie Chaplin

Vintage
Forum Detective ????‍♀️

Back to top Go down

Post by nicko Sat Oct 13, 2018 6:49 am

If she'd been "twirling" a cane, she would have been a dead ringer for Chaplin .
nicko
nicko
Forum Detective ????‍♀️

Back to top Go down

Post by Vintage Sat Oct 13, 2018 10:42 am

Some people are saying how great she Cara) looked and she was so brave to wear that 'outfit'. That's exactly what a good guest doesn't do, bring so much attention to yourself, if she wants to make a statement do it at her own not at someone elses.

Vintage
Forum Detective ????‍♀️

Back to top Go down

Post by nicko Sat Oct 13, 2018 10:53 am

She looked bloody stupid.
nicko
nicko
Forum Detective ????‍♀️

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Sat Oct 13, 2018 1:08 pm

I wouldn't have watched it normally as don't have a television  but it was on at my mums so had to watch it. I thought she looked nice plane but nice.

I noticed Robbie Williams daughter there as a brides maid , he sure likes publicity  I thought he wanted to keep his kids out of the public eye , yet he changed his mind for the royal wedding .

Secondly , why are royal and elite kids allowed time off school and our kids can't and their parents get fined for taking them out of school . Or is it the half term October break there in London ?

Also i noticed Megan had her legs crossed which is not how royal ladies sit , just saying .

Back to top Go down

Post by JulesV Sun Oct 14, 2018 2:55 pm

Oh dear. 

Gift bags given to guests are now fetching over a £1.K on EBay . How chavvy is that?

Guests also leaked private photos of the reception.

The Royal Wedding _103846515_hi049914583

The Royal Wedding _103846514_royalweddinggiftbag

https://www.bbc.co.uk/news/uk-45846188

Meghan's guests were a lot classier than this, and more discrete hence none of these leaks happened from her wedding. Her Canadian mates knew many months in advance, about her royal romance - and somehow kept it secret for all that time. Which gave H & M enough time to bond tightly.  If they had leaked the news early, the relationship would have been sabotaged very quickly & methodically by the press the social media, maybe 'the establishment'.  By the time they all found out, Harry was besotted, no turning back.

Memo - ditch the classless hangers on, they're bad news.

JulesV
Forum Detective ????‍♀️

Back to top Go down

Post by JulesV Sun Oct 14, 2018 3:06 pm

Vintage wrote:Everyone seemed to wear quite nice clothes, what the hell did the Develinge woman whatever her name is, think she looked like, I thought the character in that film where there's a tramp in evening clothes (many years ago it was old when I saw it). I think it was Charlie Chaplin
Bride's mum looked fantastic . . . . if a bit bewildered at times. Lovely outfits all over the place. Kate looked soo good! Fergie's hat was a bit silly and it rightly got lampooned in the media.

nicko wrote:She looked bloody stupid.
Yes she did. Who in their right mind dresses like that for a wedding?
What part of "don't upstage the bride" do people not get?
It's the bride's day, let her have the limelight, trying to steal it is just rank.

JulesV
Forum Detective ????‍♀️

Back to top Go down

Post by Vintage Sun Oct 14, 2018 3:13 pm

So much for friends aye?

Fergie's hat was awful, it looked like she'd got it down the market and it had been there since the eighties. She looked fantastic at Harry's wedding and why hasn't she learned gurning is not acceptable except by bolshie teenagers, I like her and I don't think she's done anything worse than other members of the Royal family, notably Charles but she seems to have a problem with her exuberation on times, what you see is what you get though I suppose.

Vintage
Forum Detective ????‍♀️

Back to top Go down

Post by JulesV Sun Oct 14, 2018 10:23 pm

Vintage wrote:So much for friends aye?

Fergie's hat was awful, it looked like she'd got it down the market and it had been there since the eighties. She looked fantastic at Harry's wedding and why hasn't she learned gurning is not acceptable except by bolshie teenagers, I like her and I don't think she's done anything worse than other members of the Royal family, notably Charles but she seems to have a problem with her exuberation on times, what you see is what you get though I suppose.

She has too much nervous energy and it sometimes finds unacceptable outlets. She did a fine job in how she raised her two girls tho and she seems to have a good heart.

Moving on, it's Beatrice who will get hitched next.  Watch this space. She has that "I'm in love glow" . . . bet there is someone in her life. Cool  Hers will be the last of her generation, the end of an era. Sad

She was dutifully supportive at her sister's wedding and made a big effort to do that reading, given that she's very dyslexic and you could see she was nervous. The love and bond between the sisters is strong.

JulesV
Forum Detective ????‍♀️

Back to top Go down

Post by Vintage Sun Oct 14, 2018 10:40 pm

I hope Beatrice does have someone, I don't think the courtiers (who ever they are) have been very kind to the York girls, spiteful even also the newspapers, they were pretty unkind to Fergie as well, both she and Diana were neglected by just about everyone who mattered, Diana though, knew how to play the game in the end.

Vintage
Forum Detective ????‍♀️

Back to top Go down

Post by JulesV Sun Oct 14, 2018 10:45 pm

Yes I hope B finds happiness. Her previous boyfriend was such a cad, dumping her after 8 years then immediately marrying someone else. That's another level of EVIL. Maybe it was for the best - I never liked the look of him!

JulesV
Forum Detective ????‍♀️

Back to top Go down

Post by Fred Moletrousers Mon Oct 15, 2018 11:34 am

The fact that one of my ancestors is recorded as having been hanged for highway robbery after being found guilty at York Assizes in the first half of the 18th century might be a more plausible reason for my ineligibility, Syl.

There's some possibility that he might even have been an associate of the legendary Dick Turpin (who, incidentally, was executed for horse stealing and not for either highway robbery or murder which he also committed) because Turpin and his gang broke up and fled after the arrest of some of the others in the 1730s.

My own father's somewhat weird claim that our ancestor was also more likely to have robbed the women and kissed the men has never been substantiated, so far as I know.....
Fred Moletrousers
Fred Moletrousers
MABEL, THE GREAT ZOG

Back to top Go down

Post by Syl Mon Oct 15, 2018 12:10 pm

Fred Moletrousers wrote:

The fact that one of my ancestors is recorded as having been hanged for highway robbery after being found guilty at York Assizes in the first half of the 18th century might be a more plausible reason for my ineligibility, Syl.

There's some possibility that he might even have been an associate of the legendary Dick Turpin (who, incidentally, was executed for horse stealing and not for either highway robbery or murder which he also committed) because Turpin and his gang broke up and fled after the arrest of some of the others in the 1730s.

My own father's somewhat weird claim that our ancestor was also more likely to have robbed the women and kissed the men has never been substantiated, so far as I know.....

Laughing

If we go back far enough we are all related to royalty and infamous murderers, which is one and the same thing really....the strongest survived and ruled....which is why we have the royalty of today.
Syl
Syl
Forum Detective ????‍♀️

Back to top Go down

Post by JulesV Mon Oct 15, 2018 2:04 pm

Little offtopic  . . . . but it's so typical of the wisdom and common sense of the Sussexes that they kept their happy baby news quiet until a few days after this wedding. 

Even tho they must have been bursting to shout it to all the world. The Royal Wedding 1037855594 The Royal Wedding 1037855594

They knew it would have eclipsed Eugenie's important day, a definite no-no.

And once again it highlights how discreet their friends are. Many must have known (and the designer who made her outfits for their historic overseas tour) would have known too.

Everyone.Kept.Mum.

Well played! Basketball
. . .   The Royal Wedding 2681620681

JulesV
Forum Detective ????‍♀️

Back to top Go down

Post by Original Quill Mon Oct 15, 2018 2:12 pm

Jules wrote:Everyone.Kept.Mum.

Including Meghan.

Original Quill
Forum Detective ????‍♀️

Back to top Go down

Post by Vintage Mon Oct 15, 2018 3:34 pm

They told those that matter actually at the wedding, not something I would have done but there you go.
Eugenie already had to delay here wedding to accommodate Harry & Meghan's, them being senior ranked.

Vintage
Forum Detective ????‍♀️

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down

Page 1 of 2 1, 2  Next