NewsFix
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

'Stop f*****g filming and help me!': Houston cop begs security guard to help him arrest suspect who tries to grab for his gun but she refuses and RECORDS him instead

+2
eddie
Vintage
6 posters

Go down

'Stop f*****g filming and help me!': Houston cop begs security guard to help him arrest suspect who tries to grab for his gun but she refuses and RECORDS him instead Empty 'Stop f*****g filming and help me!': Houston cop begs security guard to help him arrest suspect who tries to grab for his gun but she refuses and RECORDS him instead

Post by Guest Fri Aug 24, 2018 5:32 pm

A Houston cop was caught on camera begging a security guard to help him arrest a resisting suspect - but she stood by and recorded him instead. The officer was tackling Davon Shavelle Miller, 17, at a gas station when he spotted a security guard nearby and begged for assistance. 'Help me!' the unidentified officer can be heard saying in the video, which has since been posted on Facebook and viewed more than 700,000 times.

'Stop f*****g filming and help me!' he screamed again.

Authorities said Miller was initially pulled over because he was driving a car connected to an aggravated robbery and shooting, according to KPRC.

Miller got out of the car and tried to flee as the officer seen in the video chased after him.

The officer tackled Miller to the ground at a gas station and can be seen lying on top of him in the beginning of the clip.

Footage shows an unidentified bystander trying to help the officer control Miller as the teen continues to resist.

http://www.dailymail.co.uk/news/article-6093577/Houston-cop-begs-security-guard-help-arrest-suspect-films-him.html

Back to top Go down

'Stop f*****g filming and help me!': Houston cop begs security guard to help him arrest suspect who tries to grab for his gun but she refuses and RECORDS him instead Empty Re: 'Stop f*****g filming and help me!': Houston cop begs security guard to help him arrest suspect who tries to grab for his gun but she refuses and RECORDS him instead

Post by Vintage Fri Aug 24, 2018 6:24 pm

It seems anyone can put on a uniform with a few badges and call themselves a security guard. Looks about as much use as a an ash tray on a motorbike teapot.

Vintage
Forum Detective ????‍♀️

Back to top Go down

'Stop f*****g filming and help me!': Houston cop begs security guard to help him arrest suspect who tries to grab for his gun but she refuses and RECORDS him instead Empty Re: 'Stop f*****g filming and help me!': Houston cop begs security guard to help him arrest suspect who tries to grab for his gun but she refuses and RECORDS him instead

Post by Guest Fri Aug 24, 2018 6:25 pm

Vintage wrote:It seems anyone can put on a uniform with a few badges and call themselves a security guard. Looks about as much use as a an ash tray on a motorbike  teapot.

I 100% agree and she should be sacked

Back to top Go down

Post by Vintage Fri Aug 24, 2018 7:46 pm

I was going to put as much use as a chocolate teapot, then deleted it, well almost, hence the teapot at the end. I thought someone might think I was alluding to her ethnicity, not her uselessness. She must be a security guard in the equivalent of Mother Care.

Vintage
Forum Detective ????‍♀️

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Fri Aug 24, 2018 8:09 pm

Vintage wrote:I was going to put as much use as a chocolate teapot, then deleted it, well almost, hence the teapot at the end. I thought someone might think I was alluding to her ethnicity, not her uselessness. She must be a security guard in the equivalent of Mother Care.

I would have said as muh use as protecting snowflakes from freezing and I am sure you will see the irony Vintage

Back to top Go down

Post by eddie Fri Aug 24, 2018 8:35 pm

Vintage wrote:I was going to put as much use as a chocolate teapot, then deleted it, well almost, hence the teapot at the end. I thought someone might think I was alluding to her ethnicity, not her uselessness. She must be a security guard in the equivalent of Mother Care.

Anybody who’d think you meant that, would be as dumb as a fucking ass so, if I were you, I’d not worry about what dumbasses think.

Be you. At all times.
eddie
eddie
King of Beards. Keeper of the Whip. Top Chef. BEES!!!!!! Mushroom muncher. Spider aficionado!

Back to top Go down

Post by veya_victaous Sat Aug 25, 2018 2:07 am

Vintage wrote:It seems anyone can put on a uniform with a few badges and call themselves a security guard. Looks about as much use as a an ash tray on a motorbike  teapot.

To be fair some of the cheaper security guards are told to film and flee as their employers don't want to pay for injuries.

their main purpose it to keep away teenagers, not actual criminals Wink
veya_victaous
veya_victaous
The Mod Loki, Minister of Chaos & Candy, Emperor of the Southern Realms, Captain Kangaroo

Back to top Go down

Post by eddie Sat Aug 25, 2018 2:09 am

veya_victaous wrote:

To be fair some of the cheaper security guards are told to film and flee as their employers don't want to pay for injuries.

Doesn’t matter. The women in this particular story is an arse. I’d sack her. She’s shit at her job.
eddie
eddie
King of Beards. Keeper of the Whip. Top Chef. BEES!!!!!! Mushroom muncher. Spider aficionado!

Back to top Go down

Post by Original Quill Sat Aug 25, 2018 2:50 am

eddie wrote:
veya_victaous wrote:

Doesn’t matter. The women in this particular story is an arse. I’d sack her. She’s shit at her job.

Or give her a raise. Think about insurance exposure. She probably has instructions to stay away from police matters. If she helps the cop, and he turns out to be wrong, who do you think is going to be sued? Certainly not the cop...they are too precious. It's the deep pocket.

Original Quill
Forum Detective ????‍♀️

Back to top Go down

Post by veya_victaous Sat Aug 25, 2018 3:10 am

Original Quill wrote:
eddie wrote:
veya_victaous wrote:

Or give her a raise.  Think about insurance exposure.  She probably has instructions to stay away from police matters.  If she helps the cop, and he turns out to be wrong, who do you think is going to be sued?  Certainly not the cop...they are too precious.  It's the deep pocket.

I think that could be the honest response from some companies pale
veya_victaous
veya_victaous
The Mod Loki, Minister of Chaos & Candy, Emperor of the Southern Realms, Captain Kangaroo

Back to top Go down

Post by eddie Sat Aug 25, 2018 3:13 am

Original Quill wrote:
eddie wrote:
veya_victaous wrote:

Or give her a raise.  Think about insurance exposure.  She probably has instructions to stay away from police matters.  If she helps the cop, and he turns out to be wrong, who do you think is going to be sued?  Certainly not the cop...they are too precious.  It's the deep pocket.

Hahahahahahaa you live in such a great world, Quill.
Almost like a RW...where life is al structured and boxed up.

“Rules rules everywhere. Little grey boxes...”

Bore off.
eddie
eddie

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Sat Aug 25, 2018 3:13 am

eddie wrote:
veya_victaous wrote:

Absolutely Eddie

Back to top Go down

Post by Original Quill Sat Aug 25, 2018 3:29 am

eddie wrote:Hahahahahahaa you live in such a great world, Quill.

Bore off.

Well, go ahead and live the life of a carefree hippy. When you end up in bankruptcy court because you threw caution to the wind, remember my non-refundable retainer is $50,000 for the first month.
Rolling Eyes

Original Quill
Forum Detective ????‍♀️

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Sat Aug 25, 2018 3:32 am

Original Quill wrote:
eddie wrote:Hahahahahahaa you live in such a great world, Quill.

Bore off.

Well, go ahead and live the life of a carefree hippy.  When you end up in bankruptcy court because you threw caution to the wind, remember my non-refundable retainer is $50,000 for the first month.
Rolling Eyes

Wow what a poor way to knock a very independent intelligent woman

Back to top Go down

Post by Original Quill Sat Aug 25, 2018 3:36 am

Didge wrote:
Original Quill wrote:

Well, go ahead and live the life of a carefree hippy.  When you end up in bankruptcy court because you threw caution to the wind, remember my non-refundable retainer is $50,000 for the first month.
Rolling Eyes

I could kiss ass, too. But I'm not grooming for a gang. Evil or Very Mad I stand on my own two feet.

Original Quill
Forum Detective ????‍♀️

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Sat Aug 25, 2018 3:41 am

Original Quill wrote:
Didge wrote:

I could kiss ass, too.  But I'm not grooming for a gang. Evil or Very Mad  I stand on my own two feet.

I will simple allow others to yet again see how poor and underhanded the above is by you

Eddie is a very supportive strong willed caring person and I a not afraid to say so

The world would be a far better place if people opened up more and complimented others

Back to top Go down

Post by Original Quill Sat Aug 25, 2018 3:58 am

Didge wrote:
Original Quill wrote:

I could kiss ass, too.  But I'm not grooming for a gang. Evil or Very Mad  I stand on my own two feet.

I will simple allow others to yet again see how poor and underhanded the above is by you

Eddie is a very supportive strong willed caring person and I a not afraid to say so

The world would be a far better place if people opened up more and complimented others

'Stop f*****g filming and help me!': Houston cop begs security guard to help him arrest suspect who tries to grab for his gun but she refuses and RECORDS him instead 1069003512 'Stop f*****g filming and help me!': Houston cop begs security guard to help him arrest suspect who tries to grab for his gun but she refuses and RECORDS him instead 1069003512 'Stop f*****g filming and help me!': Houston cop begs security guard to help him arrest suspect who tries to grab for his gun but she refuses and RECORDS him instead 1069003512

Original Quill
Forum Detective ????‍♀️

Back to top Go down

Post by Original Quill Sat Aug 25, 2018 4:13 am

Gotta go. Raiders are on TV. Just started.

Original Quill
Forum Detective ????‍♀️

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Sat Aug 25, 2018 4:17 am

Original Quill wrote:Gotta go.  Raiders are on TV.  Just started.

Enjoy

Back to top Go down

Post by eddie Sat Aug 25, 2018 4:42 am

Quill, why would you resort to insults? Surely you know that debates are fir sticking to the topic?

So. Where were we?
eddie
eddie

Back to top Go down

Post by 'Wolfie Sat Aug 25, 2018 8:38 am

veya_victaous wrote:

'Stop f*****g filming and help me!': Houston cop begs security guard to help him arrest suspect who tries to grab for his gun but she refuses and RECORDS him instead 479860004

Too true, that...

Over here, security guards are licensed, with 3 levels of licensing...

On the base level, they are taught how to behave within the law, given a uniform, and then payed a minimum wage, and pretty much used as a deterrent only..

As their workload and responsibilities increase, so does their training/license level, and pay rates. If they need to carry weapons (as with those handling money, refilling ATMs, transporting gold or diamonds, as examples..), that is yet another separate level of training and regulation again.

While their employers may tell the minimum wage/lowest level workers not to get involved if they can avoid it, here in Oz if a cop, ambo' or firie asked for assistance, that will override their boss's rules -- in which case, that security guard could find themselves being both fined and sacked..

Likewise if they deliberately turned their back on either someone being attacked (even if they can't help directly, at least they can call for help, and/or police..), or ignored an injured person (rather than providing basic first aid, and calling an ambulance..).
'Wolfie
'Wolfie
Forum Detective ????‍♀️

Back to top Go down

Post by Original Quill Sat Aug 25, 2018 6:07 pm

In the US, security cops have no such dignity. Pejoratively, they are called Pepsi-Cola Cops, or Rent-a-cop. They are unlicensed and many cannot carry a gun.

They are just a badge-and-blue presence on some business property. For insurance reasons, their supervisors tell them to stay away from trouble.

Consistent with today's trend to film everything, they are encouraged to record any action. It's the best evidence that the company did nothing wrong, and indeed was not involved.

Hence, the situation that is the topic of this tread. A Pepsi-Cop, staying away from trouble, filming everything for later use in a lawsuit.

Original Quill
Forum Detective ????‍♀️

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Sat Aug 25, 2018 8:16 pm

Amasing how the lefties come out with excuses here not to help

Would they say the same when the suspect is white and the officer black?

Back to top Go down

Post by Original Quill Sat Aug 25, 2018 8:23 pm

Pepsi-Cops are not left-leaning. Most of them are ignorant and uneducated...and they voted for Trump.

Original Quill
Forum Detective ????‍♀️

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Sat Aug 25, 2018 8:26 pm

Didge wrote:Amasing how the lefties come out with excuses here not to help

Back to top Go down

Post by eddie Sun Aug 26, 2018 12:08 am

Didge wrote:

No.
eddie
eddie

Back to top Go down

Post by veya_victaous Sun Aug 26, 2018 3:00 am

Yes
because the sympathy is with the woman that is probably on minimum wage with minimum training and instructions from her employer, not to be a hero or get the sack.

She should of helped, but just because she was in a security guard uniform, I don't think people can honestly expect her reaction to be any different than any other woman on the street. Because a lot security guards are minimum wage with minimum training
veya_victaous
veya_victaous

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Sun Aug 26, 2018 3:07 am

veya_victaous wrote:

Yes
because the sympathy is with the woman that is probably on minimum wage with minimum training and instructions from her employer, not to be a hero or get the sack.

She should of helped, but just because she was in a security guard uniform, I don't think people can honestly expect her reaction to be any different than any other woman on the street. Because a lot security guards are minimum wage with minimum training

So you admit to being sexist now

This has nothing to do with gender

She atually did do something

She filmed this, clearly based on a racist perception of the arrest

That is why she did not help, beause she was racist herself

She should be sacked for racism

Back to top Go down

Post by veya_victaous Sun Aug 26, 2018 3:46 am

lol someone already red'd your rant lol!

And yes it may be sexist but it also realistic, to be honest I wouldn't expect much more from male security on minimum wage either. their not paid to be heroes, she is probably a struggling single mom just trying to make ends meet that happened to get a break and pick up some work as a security guard, and you want to sack her because she didn't risk her life Suspect

I don't see any racial element to this story so not sure why you're being so racist.
veya_victaous
veya_victaous

Back to top Go down

Post by Original Quill Sun Aug 26, 2018 6:22 pm

eddie wrote:Quill, why would you resort to insults? Surely you know that debates are fir sticking to the topic?

So. Where were we?

Just callin' it like it is. You know me, I don't pull punches. I can tell ass-kissing when I see it.

You know, if someone talks an issue, with a decent point, I'll argue the issue every time. Tommy, nicko, Syl...and many more, are up-front debaters, and get respect as much. But these little side-bar games, I'll call 'em every time.

Original Quill
Forum Detective ????‍♀️

Back to top Go down

Post by Raggamuffin Sun Aug 26, 2018 6:25 pm

Why should this woman be sacked? Does she actually work for the service station? If it, it wasn't her job to apprehend an alleged criminal. It's a pity she didn't help, and she was fairly useless, but it's not a sackable offence.
Raggamuffin
Raggamuffin
Forum Detective ????‍♀️

Back to top Go down

Post by Original Quill Sun Aug 26, 2018 6:30 pm

Incidentally, while we are at it, when I make a factual statement, don't take me necessarily as advocating it.

Here, I have been mentioning the limitations on a Pepsi-cop. I'm not saying it's good, bad or indifferent. I'm saying, that's the way it is...and how we got here.

It's like if we are looking at a train wreck and I say, "The bridge didn't close completely." Someone else comes along and says...Oh, you're against closing bridges?? You asshole. WTF...

I'm just describing how this picture (of the private cop standing back and filming) came to be. 'Stop f*****g filming and help me!': Houston cop begs security guard to help him arrest suspect who tries to grab for his gun but she refuses and RECORDS him instead 2190311264

Original Quill
Forum Detective ????‍♀️

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Mon Aug 27, 2018 12:50 am

Security Guard Fired for Filming, Not Helping Officer

An off-duty security guard outside a Houston, Texas gas station came upon a scene she did not expect.

A Houston police officer was following 17-year-old Davon Shavelle Miller, who was driving a car the officer suspected had been used in a recent aggravated robbery and shooting. The officer stopped Miller in a Valero gas station.

While Miller’s girlfriend wrapped a gun in a towel and threw it into the bushes to hide it, Miller tried to run from the scene, the Daily Caller reported.

The officer tackled Miller, who fought back. A bystander tried to help, while Miller tried to grab the officer’s handcuffs, and then, more frighteningly, his gun.

While this was happening, an off-duty security guard, still in uniform, pulled up at the pumps. She got out of her car and pulled out her phone. While the police officer struggled on the ground, she videoed the fight.

In some cases, a record of an encounter between law enforcement and a suspect might be useful.

But another person across from the security guard was also recording.

The officer shouted repeatedly to the security guard to stop filming and help him. The security guard repeatedly ignored his pleas.

Even if the off-duty security guard was afraid to physically assist the officer, she could have called 911.

Eventually, the police officer, with assistance from the passerby, managed to subdue Miller and cuff him.

Joe Gamaldi, president of the Houston Police Officers’ Union, discussed the incident with KPRC.

“This guy is absolutely a threat. He had a pistol in his car that his girlfriend actually wrapped in a towel and threw it in the bushes while our officer (was) fighting with him,” Gamaldi explained.

If Miller got the officer’s gun, the security guard may have been the second target after the officer himself.

“You know, a so-called security guard, a complete joke. She should be ashamed of herself,” Gamaldi said to KRPC.

HPOU President Joe Gamaldi posted on Twitter several times about the incident.

In one, he pointed out that the security guard had never called 911, and when she left the scene she did not submit the video she had taken to law enforcement.

While a security guard might be excused for not getting involved in a physical altercation if she lacked the training, what excuse could there be for not calling for help? And why video the incident, if not to have evidence to be used in court to convict the offender?

Finally, Gamaldi posted that he had contacted the guard’s employer. The company had decided that she was not setting the right example. She was asked to find other employment.

This incident sparked heated debate over whether and when a security guard should get involved in a law enforcement situation. Some people asked: why should the security guard put herself at risk?

One question this affair raises is: for whom do the police work?

The answer is, for the general population. For the citizens. For everyone who doesn’t break the law.

And in a situation where a criminal is trying to steal a police officer’s gun—everybody is at risk.

That security guard’s life would have been in peril if she was a witness to Miller shooting the officer. Her greatest safety lay in helping the officer subdue the suspect.

And the safety of everyday else would also be increased if the criminal, who was already a suspect in one shooting, was not allowed to shoot anyone else.

Ultimately the officer prevailed. While the security guard videoed and the officer fought for his life, another person decided to help out, just because it was the right thing to do.

The bystander was able to realize that ultimately we are all in this together.

https://www.theepochtimes.com/security-guard-fired-for-filming-not-helping-officer_2633185.html

Back to top Go down

Post by Original Quill Mon Aug 27, 2018 4:36 am

'Stop f*****g filming and help me!': Houston cop begs security guard to help him arrest suspect who tries to grab for his gun but she refuses and RECORDS him instead 2190311264 Nevertheless.

Original Quill
Forum Detective ????‍♀️

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down