NewsFix
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

EXCLUSIVE: Family-run theme park Drayton Manor where schoolgirl, 11, died after falling from water rapids ride could face manslaughter trial

Go down

EXCLUSIVE: Family-run theme park Drayton Manor where schoolgirl, 11, died after falling from water rapids ride could face manslaughter trial Empty EXCLUSIVE: Family-run theme park Drayton Manor where schoolgirl, 11, died after falling from water rapids ride could face manslaughter trial

Post by Guest Sat Aug 11, 2018 1:35 pm

A family-run theme park where a schoolgirl died after falling from a water rapids ride could face prosecution for corporate manslaughter. A full file has now been handed to prosecutors by police who have been investigating the tragedy over the past 15 months. Evha Jannath, 11, was killed on the Splash Canyon during a school trip in May last year just four days after celebrating her birthday. 

The star attraction has remained closed ever since and may never reopen. 

The pupil from Leicester was jolted from a packed dinghy as she stood up to swap seats with a class mate but was flung into the five-feet-high choppy water and 'sucked under' by fierce rapids

http://www.dailymail.co.uk/news/article-6049923/Drayton-Manor-schoolgirl-11-died-falling-water-rapids-face-manslaughter.html

I am at odds with this.

She stood up and tragically fell in.

But should they have been strappen in with seat belts?

I think they share some responsibility with this tragic accident, but manslaughter?

What do others think?

Back to top Go down

EXCLUSIVE: Family-run theme park Drayton Manor where schoolgirl, 11, died after falling from water rapids ride could face manslaughter trial Empty Re: EXCLUSIVE: Family-run theme park Drayton Manor where schoolgirl, 11, died after falling from water rapids ride could face manslaughter trial

Post by nicko Sat Aug 11, 2018 2:30 pm

My Son says there's a notice with large words saying DO NOT STAND UP WHILE USING THIS RIDE ! So ?????????
nicko
nicko
Forum Detective ????‍♀️

Back to top Go down

EXCLUSIVE: Family-run theme park Drayton Manor where schoolgirl, 11, died after falling from water rapids ride could face manslaughter trial Empty Re: EXCLUSIVE: Family-run theme park Drayton Manor where schoolgirl, 11, died after falling from water rapids ride could face manslaughter trial

Post by Guest Sat Aug 11, 2018 2:32 pm

nicko wrote:My Son says there's a notice with large words saying DO NOT STAND UP WHILE USING THIS RIDE ! So ?????????

Interesting, which then adds more to my point on how a claim of manslaughter can happen here.

Howevre, surely the park has to have a responsibility on safety here

As what if she was blind, for example?

I know its extreme, but a visual sign, is not full proof mate

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down