NewsFix
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

What have you not got fixed, but really should?

5 posters

Go down

What have you not got fixed, but really should?  Empty What have you not got fixed, but really should?

Post by eddie Sat Jun 16, 2018 8:07 pm

So a bit of an odd thread but I tend to leave small stuff broken.

Example: the arm of my reading glasses came off - my glasses got stuck and tangled in my hair and I got impatient and pulled them...you get the gist - and I have been taping them up with gaffa tape ever since. They keep falling apart and then they dangle off my face and they’re always pretty crooked.

But I just can’t be arsed to fix them properly, or buy new reading glasses.
And I kinda do need to wear them when I’m typing.
eddie
eddie
King of Beards. Keeper of the Whip. Top Chef. BEES!!!!!! Mushroom muncher. Spider aficionado!

Back to top Go down

What have you not got fixed, but really should?  Empty Re: What have you not got fixed, but really should?

Post by Guest Sat Jun 16, 2018 8:12 pm

eddie wrote:So a bit of an odd thread but I tend to leave small stuff broken.

Example: the arm of my reading glasses came off - my glasses got stuck and tangled in my hair and I got impatient and pulled them...you get the gist - and I have been taping them up with gaffa tape ever since. They keep falling apart and then they dangle off my face and they’re always pretty crooked.

Well, then you are not thinking of others.

If you cannot see properly and drive, then you place others at risk

Hence it has fuck all about being bothered.

Its about ignorance and stubbornness.

If you have problems with your eyesight. Then you should stop driving, until there is a fix for this. As you place lives in danger.

Period

Back to top Go down

What have you not got fixed, but really should?  Empty Re: What have you not got fixed, but really should?

Post by Ben Reilly Sat Jun 16, 2018 8:27 pm

Didge wrote:

If you have problems with your eyesight. Then you should stop driving, until there is a fix for this. As you place lives in danger.

Period

1) They're reading glasses, not corrective glasses.

2) She doesn't own a car, because ...

3) She doesn't drive.

Laughing

So maybe take your time and think about how you instantly pounced on the worst-possible scenario you could imagine from this, condemning eddie when you didn't have the first clue as to what the situation actually is.
Ben Reilly
Ben Reilly
King of Texas. Gigantic Killer Robot. Robin Hood of Epping Forest. Fifty Shades of Cray.

http://www.newsfixboard.com

Back to top Go down

Post by eddie Sat Jun 16, 2018 8:31 pm

Hmmmm didge. You didn’t read too well, they’re READING glasses.

Perhaps you need READING glasses.
eddie
eddie
King of Beards. Keeper of the Whip. Top Chef. BEES!!!!!! Mushroom muncher. Spider aficionado!

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Sat Jun 16, 2018 8:31 pm

Ben Mothafuckin' Reilly wrote:
Didge wrote:

Period

3) She doesn't drive.

Laughing

So maybe take your time and think about how you instantly pounced on the worst-possible scenario you could imagine from this, condemning eddie when you didn't have the first clue as to what the situation actually is.

Well as a human I do think as protective mature.

Do you not do the same with Eddie?

It does not matter if she does not drive, her eyesight is important is it not and she can then cause many accidents in any other situations

Or did you not think to compuete that mate? Shocked

I mean how about giving an injection?

So maybe you need to think through all possible scenarios, before you open your gobby mouth?

Smile

Back to top Go down

Post by Ben Reilly Sat Jun 16, 2018 8:32 pm

Didge wrote:
Didge wrote:

Period

3) She doesn't drive.

Laughing

It does not matter if she does not drive, her eyesight is important is it not and she can then cause many accidents in any other situations

So maybe you need to think through all possible scenarios, before you open your gobby mouth?

Smile

Do you understand what reading glasses are?
Ben Reilly
Ben Reilly
King of Texas. Gigantic Killer Robot. Robin Hood of Epping Forest. Fifty Shades of Cray.

Back to top Go down

Post by eddie Sat Jun 16, 2018 8:34 pm

Well, I gave up heroin a while back so I don’t give injections anymore.
And my arm is quite big. I never needed glasses.
eddie
eddie

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Sat Jun 16, 2018 8:34 pm

Didge wrote:

Smile

Do you understand what reading glasses are?

Do you understand what glasses are first of all?

Back to top Go down

Post by eddie Sat Jun 16, 2018 8:49 pm

Anyway, I have another pair of reading glasses somewhere but they’re broken too.
eddie
eddie

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Sat Jun 16, 2018 9:04 pm

eddie wrote:Anyway, I have another pair of reading glasses somewhere but they’re broken too.

Do you have glasses for driving Eddie?

Its why Ben has run away on this

I never took you for a coward Ben

Razz

Back to top Go down

Post by Ben Reilly Sat Jun 16, 2018 9:23 pm

Didge wrote:
eddie wrote:Anyway, I have another pair of reading glasses somewhere but they’re broken too.

Razz

SHE DOESN'T HAVE A FUCKING CAR. SHE DOESN'T FUCKING DRIVE. YOU'VE BEEN TOLD THIS TWICE NOW, ARE YOU STUPID?
Ben Reilly
Ben Reilly

Back to top Go down

Post by eddie Sat Jun 16, 2018 9:24 pm

Didge wrote:

Razz

Didge. He answered you.
HE TOLD YOU I DON’T DRIVE.

Now I’ll answer you:
I DON’T DRIVE MATE.

THESE ARE READING GLASSES....I kinda think you might want to get some.
eddie
eddie

Back to top Go down

Post by eddie Sat Jun 16, 2018 9:25 pm

Didge wrote:

Razz

SHE DOESN'T HAVE A FUCKING CAR. SHE DOESN'T FUCKING DRIVE. YOU'VE BEEN TOLD THIS TWICE NOW, ARE YOU STUPID?

I did not need my reading glasss to read this.

Just for the record. Cool
eddie
eddie

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Sat Jun 16, 2018 9:26 pm

same thing I did eddie a couple of weeks ago, I knocked my glasses of the side of the lap top then promptly trod on them and snapped one of the arms off and they were all to cock and they ended up looking like a percentage sign

I got a pair from poundland

Cool

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Sat Jun 16, 2018 9:34 pm

Didge wrote:

Razz

Busted and reeled in

How easy was that>?

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Sat Jun 16, 2018 9:36 pm

eddie wrote:
Didge wrote:

Razz

Didge. He answered you.
HE TOLD YOU I DON’T DRIVE.

Now I’ll answer you:
I DON’T DRIVE MATE.

THESE ARE READING GLASSES....I kinda think you might want to get some.

Okay, the reason I am a trained health advisor and Ben is a dick, is this factor

If you need glasses to read, is your eyesight thus poor with short sightedness?

Whether you drive or not, if you did, you would need to wear glasses, yes?

Back to top Go down

Post by eddie Sat Jun 16, 2018 9:36 pm

What were you trying to do? Wind him up? He does have a quicker temper than me, that’s true, but I’m chatting to him right now, I can physically see him (I have my READING glasses on) and he’s not angry, dude.

But more to the point, what were you trying to prove?
eddie
eddie

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Sat Jun 16, 2018 9:40 pm

eddie wrote:What were you trying to do? Wind him up? He does have a quicker temper than me, that’s true, but I’m chatting to him right now, I can physically see him (I have my READING glasses on) and he’s not angry, dude.

But more to the point, what were you trying to prove?

That neither of you undestand what is wrong when people are long sighted or short sighted and need glasses.

I guess you are short sighted, which comes with age to read, which matters when driving.

I am easily pointing out the dangers of this with driving

Back to top Go down

Post by Syl Sat Jun 16, 2018 9:58 pm

Yes....I put stupid little stuff off as long as possible.
We had a new kitchen fitted about 8 years ago, to save time I tipped out all the crap from the old drawers and put it all in the new drawers meaning to sort it all out, eight years later......

My motto is put off today what you might forget about tomorrow...it often works.
Syl
Syl
Forum Detective ????‍♀️

Back to top Go down

Post by Ben Reilly Sat Jun 16, 2018 10:10 pm

Didge wrote:
Didge wrote:

Razz

Busted and reeled in

How easy was that>?

Okay, so let me get this straight. You pretend to be stupid in order to get people to shout at you ... they shout at you ... and that makes *you* the clever one?

Sure.
Ben Reilly
Ben Reilly

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Sat Jun 16, 2018 10:20 pm

Didge wrote:

Busted and reeled in

How easy was that>?

Okay, so let me get this straight. You pretend to be stupid in order to get people to shout at you ... they shout at you ... and that makes *you* the clever one?

Sure.

Well how stupid did you look by enlarging your letters?

Did it really make you look clever or a dick?

I mean, someone with intelligence, would have simple pointed out I was wrong, on the driving factor, but you were driven to make you look good and me bad on this.

That spells massive insecurities in you mate

If you wanted to make me look a dick here, all you needed to do, was stick to you point on driving. I had been unstuck, but reeled you in, to make you then become emotive by such a reply.

You are better than that Ben. I actually think highly of you and think you are one of a kind for making Eddie happy, but, you have a quick temper. Just like me.

The way to beat me here was simple. Just keep asking me to reply to your original point.

Instead you got cocky, which is always a failing

Back to top Go down

Post by Ben Reilly Sat Jun 16, 2018 10:22 pm

Didge wrote:
Didge wrote:

Busted and reeled in

How easy was that>?

Sure.

I mean, someone with intelligence, would have simple pointed out I was wrong, on the driving factor, but you were driven to make you look good and me bad on this.

If you wanted to make me look a dick here, all you needed to do, was stick to you point on driving. I had been unstuck, but reeled you in, to make you then become emotive by such a reply.

You are better than that Ben. I actually think highly of you and think you are one of a kind for making Eddie happy, but, you have a quick temper. Just like me.

The way to beat me here was simple. Just keep asking me to reply to your original point.

You are a very weird dude, Didge.
Ben Reilly
Ben Reilly

Back to top Go down

Post by eddie Sat Jun 16, 2018 10:23 pm

Wow. That’s completely just.....

Well.

Nutjob material.

What have you not got fixed, but really should?  2190311264
eddie
eddie

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Sat Jun 16, 2018 10:26 pm

Didge wrote:

You are a very weird dude, Didge.

Maybe I am, but honest and outspoken

http://www.newsfixboard.com/t24587-social-workers-remove-child-from-home-because-his-mother-failed-to-buy-him-an-ice-cream

Last edited by Didge on Sat Jun 16, 2018 10:28 pm; edited 1 time in total

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Sat Jun 16, 2018 10:28 pm

eddie wrote:Wow. That’s completely just.....

Well.

Nutjob material.

What have you not got fixed, but really should?  2190311264

Can you make me a T-shirt?

Would weart that with pride

Smile

Back to top Go down

Post by Tommy Monk Sat Jun 16, 2018 10:38 pm

You need a bloody strait-jacket!!!

Tommy Monk
Tommy Monk
Forum Detective ????‍♀️

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Sat Jun 16, 2018 10:40 pm

Tommy Monk wrote:You need a bloody strait-jacket!!!

Ahhh Dr Tommy, how has no problem judging me, but not far Righr racists, making a Sieg Heil.

Go Figure

Razz

Back to top Go down

Post by 'Wolfie Sun Jun 17, 2018 11:42 am

eddie wrote:
Anyway, I have another pair of reading glasses somewhere but they’re broken too.

Cool

You are aware that you can buy little 'spectacle repair kits' with a teeny-weeny little screwdriver, a few spare teeny-weeny screws and a tube of superglue ???
'Wolfie
'Wolfie
Forum Detective ????‍♀️

Back to top Go down

Post by eddie Sun Jun 17, 2018 12:35 pm

WhoseYourWolfie wrote:
eddie wrote:

Cool

You are aware that you can buy little 'spectacle repair kits' with a teeny-weeny little screwdriver, a few spare teeny-weeny screws and a tube of superglue  ???

Yes I am. When Ben came to visits me in April he actually tried to find one to buy.
Then he took me to Boots the Chemist and tried to make me try on standard over-the-counter reading glasses. I fussed around with different colours and moaned and got all bored with them.
He said “Dude, they all suit you...just pick some. I will buy them for you! Just pick a pair!”

I got too distressed because I was hungry and also bored of looking at glasses so I said “Hey the gaffer tape is working fine! Let’s go eat!”

And so we did.

But he nags me about it quite often. Anyone would think he didn’t find gaffer tape attractive on a girl.
eddie
eddie

Back to top Go down

Post by Syl Sun Jun 17, 2018 12:39 pm

Just take the glasses to boots (or any optician) and ask can they fix them for you.
They usually do it free of charge,
Syl
Syl
Forum Detective ????‍♀️

Back to top Go down

Post by eddie Sun Jun 17, 2018 5:34 pm

Syl wrote:Just take the glasses to boots (or any optician) and ask  can they fix them for you.

I have taken one pair and they said they couldn’t fix them, there was a screw missing (I think?) and they didn’t have one.
eddie
eddie

Back to top Go down

Post by Syl Sun Jun 17, 2018 5:58 pm

eddie wrote:
Syl wrote:Just take the glasses to boots (or any optician) and ask  can they fix them for you.

I have taken one pair and they said they couldn’t fix them, there was a screw missing (I think?) and they didn’t have one.

OK...I have lost screws out of my glasses a few times, some of the glasses have been years old, but specsavers have always managed to fix them on the spot.

Do you look like the female equivalent of Jack Duckworth?

What have you not got fixed, but really should?  Jack+glasses
Syl
Syl
Forum Detective ????‍♀️

Back to top Go down

Post by eddie Sun Jun 17, 2018 7:52 pm

Syl, that picture is so spot on, I think I might cry. Sad
eddie
eddie

Back to top Go down

Post by Syl Sun Jun 17, 2018 10:59 pm

eddie wrote:Syl, that picture is so spot on, I think I might cry. Sad
Dont cry, Jack Duckworth was a well loved character, made more loveable because he fixed his broken glasses with a sticking plaster for years.

You are in good company. x
Syl
Syl
Forum Detective ????‍♀️

Back to top Go down

Post by eddie Sun Jun 17, 2018 11:49 pm

Syl wrote:
eddie wrote:Syl, that picture is so spot on, I think I might cry. Sad
Dont cry, Jack Duckworth was a well loved character, made more loveable because he fixed his broken glasses with a sticking plaster for years.

Yeah...looking at that photo of Jack Duckworth it’s no wonder Ben is “advising” me to get my glasses fixed. Poor guy. No

But to be fair, I am keeping gaffer tape makers in employment. So.
eddie
eddie

Back to top Go down

Post by Tommy Monk Mon Jun 18, 2018 12:06 am

gelico wrote:

same thing I did eddie a couple of weeks ago, I knocked my glasses of the side of the lap top then promptly trod on them and snapped one of the arms off and they were all to cock and they ended up looking like a percentage sign

Cool

How much...?

Laughing
Tommy Monk
Tommy Monk
Forum Detective ????‍♀️

Back to top Go down

Post by Syl Mon Jun 18, 2018 12:38 am

eddie wrote:
Syl wrote:

Yeah...looking at that photo of Jack Duckworth it’s no wonder Ben  is “advising” me to get my glasses fixed. Poor guy. No

But to be fair, I am keeping gaffer tape makers in employment.  So.
See, every cloud.....
Syl
Syl
Forum Detective ????‍♀️

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Mon Jun 18, 2018 2:30 pm

Tommy Monk wrote:
gelico wrote:

Cool

How much...?

Laughing

hahahaha lol!

what kind of meanie gives out a red for that?

own up!

Back to top Go down

Post by Syl Mon Jun 18, 2018 5:43 pm

I bet someone meant to press green instead of red.

If I hadn't just used my greeny thing I would have evened the balance up. Laughing
Syl
Syl
Forum Detective ????‍♀️

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down