NewsFix
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Grenfell survivors claim fire brigade's 'stay put' advice cost residents chance to escape

Go down

Grenfell survivors claim fire brigade's 'stay put' advice cost residents chance to escape Empty Grenfell survivors claim fire brigade's 'stay put' advice cost residents chance to escape

Post by Guest Fri May 25, 2018 7:54 am

A group of Grenfell Tower survivors has accused the fire service of strategic failures which they claim contributed to the death toll in the blaze.

Survivors questioned the time it took for London Fire Brigade to withdraw advice for residents to “stay put” in their flats and await rescue rather than evacuate. The Telegraph has learned that the advice was abandoned at 2.47am, almost two hours after the first emergency call was made at 12.54am on June 14 last year.

The survivors and victims’ relations are well aware that problems with the design and refurbishment of the tower block, including the use of flammable cladding, caused the fire to spread at an alarming rate.

https://www.telegraph.co.uk/news/2018/05/24/grenfell-tower-survivors-claim-fire-brigades-stay-put-advice/

I think this diaster was a catalogues of errors on many fronts and most of the fire brigade were just doing what is protocol with such events. Yes they made mistakes, but these mistakes came off the back of the poor fire safety features of the building.. Its horrible that many people lost their lives, but I feels its unnecessary to blame the Fire Brigade here. In any other situation, their advise, would have saved lives. It was the failing of the building safety features that caused the deaths of many lives.

Back to top Go down

Grenfell survivors claim fire brigade's 'stay put' advice cost residents chance to escape Empty Re: Grenfell survivors claim fire brigade's 'stay put' advice cost residents chance to escape

Post by nicko Fri May 25, 2018 8:29 am

All due to the manufacturer of the cladding failing to say it was not fire proof, my opinion !
nicko
nicko
Forum Detective ????‍♀️

Back to top Go down