NewsFix
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

London fire: Muslims up early for Ramadan may have saved Grenfell Tower residents' lives

+6
Original Quill
Fred Moletrousers
HoratioTarr
Tommy Monk
eddie
SEXY MAMA
10 posters

Go down

London fire: Muslims up early for Ramadan may have saved Grenfell Tower residents' lives Empty London fire: Muslims up early for Ramadan may have saved Grenfell Tower residents' lives

Post by SEXY MAMA Wed Jun 14, 2017 4:53 pm

Residents have told of how they didn't hear alarms as the fire swept through the 24-storey tower block in West London. But they were instead alerted to the blaze by fellow residents, some of whom may have been Muslim people who were awake early in the morning because of Ramadan and were among the first to notice the fire.

Andre Barroso, 33, told The Independent: "Muslims played a big part in getting a lot of people out.

"Most of the people I could see were Muslim. They have also been providing food and clothes."

http://www.independent.co.uk/news/uk/home-news/london-fire-Muslim-wake-early-ramadan-fast-grenfell-tower-resident-live-save-north-kensington-a7789111.html
SEXY MAMA
SEXY MAMA
Forum Detective ????‍♀️

Back to top Go down

London fire: Muslims up early for Ramadan may have saved Grenfell Tower residents' lives Empty Re: London fire: Muslims up early for Ramadan may have saved Grenfell Tower residents' lives

Post by eddie Wed Jun 14, 2017 4:55 pm

Thank goodness for the "night people" of the world and thanks to them, many lives have probably been saved.
eddie
eddie
King of Beards. Keeper of the Whip. Top Chef. BEES!!!!!! Mushroom muncher. Spider aficionado!

Back to top Go down

London fire: Muslims up early for Ramadan may have saved Grenfell Tower residents' lives Empty Re: London fire: Muslims up early for Ramadan may have saved Grenfell Tower residents' lives

Post by SEXY MAMA Wed Jun 14, 2017 5:09 pm

eddie wrote:Thank goodness for the "night people" of the world and thanks to them, many lives have probably been saved.

Indeed. I just wanted to post a positive news story about Muslims cause all I see are negative ones.
SEXY MAMA
SEXY MAMA
Forum Detective ????‍♀️

Back to top Go down

Post by eddie Wed Jun 14, 2017 5:11 pm

SEXY MAMA wrote:
eddie wrote:Thank goodness for the "night people" of the world and thanks to them, many lives have probably been saved.

Indeed. I just wanted to post a positive news story about Muslims cause all I see are negative ones.

SM you never should feel you have to do that, though I do post them myself on fb and here when I see them.
In any case, many of those affected seemed to be Muslim (somalians? Can't tell) from what I saw on the news.
eddie
eddie
King of Beards. Keeper of the Whip. Top Chef. BEES!!!!!! Mushroom muncher. Spider aficionado!

Back to top Go down

Post by Tommy Monk Wed Jun 14, 2017 7:45 pm

In the wake of such a tragedy with the level of devastation and the extent of loss of life still unfolding... I am shocked to see that some are ready to try using it for a bit of pro Muslim propaganda spin...
Tommy Monk
Tommy Monk
Forum Detective ????‍♀️

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Wed Jun 14, 2017 7:50 pm

Tommy Monk wrote:In the wake of such a tragedy with the level of devastation and the extent of loss of life still unfolding... I am shocked to see that some are ready to try using it for a bit of pro Muslim propaganda spin...

I agree, are all the non-Muslims people who helped insignificant here?
I would like to think that Muslims and Non-Muslims alike would always help out in such a tragedy, so why do some try to make a political point off this? Other people get up early for work, waling the dog, for their children, coming home from work or being out etc.
Am glad to see many people helped, no matter their faith or political views.

Back to top Go down

Post by HoratioTarr Thu Jun 15, 2017 8:44 am

I should think any human being would rally in such a traumatic event? Why is the onus on Muslims? Also, I've not seen negative posts about Muslims only negative posts about radical Muslims. Of course Muslim's care...any decent person would at a disaster like that.
HoratioTarr
HoratioTarr
Forum Detective ????‍♀️

Back to top Go down

Post by Fred Moletrousers Thu Jun 15, 2017 9:46 am

And don't forget the incredibly brave firefighters who are still looking for victims in a building that appears to be on the point of at least partial collapse.

Every one of them deserves recognition, and I hope that when this nightmare is all over that recognition is made in the names of the rest of us.
Fred Moletrousers
Fred Moletrousers
MABEL, THE GREAT ZOG

Back to top Go down

Post by HoratioTarr Thu Jun 15, 2017 9:50 am

Fred Moletrousers wrote:

And don't forget the incredibly brave firefighters who are still looking for victims in a building that appears to be on the point of at least partial collapse.

Every one of them deserves recognition, and I hope that when this nightmare is all over that recognition is made in the names of the rest of us.

And the guy who caught that baby...
HoratioTarr
HoratioTarr
Forum Detective ????‍♀️

Back to top Go down

Post by Original Quill Thu Jun 15, 2017 6:15 pm

Fred Moletrousers wrote:

Not to belittle the brave first-responders, but they use drones to survey the structure after the fire.

Original Quill
Forum Detective ????‍♀️

Back to top Go down

Post by JulesV Thu Jun 15, 2017 8:45 pm

Thorin wrote:
Tommy Monk wrote:In the wake of such a tragedy with the level of devastation and the extent of loss of life still unfolding... I am shocked to see that some are ready to try using it for a bit of pro Muslim propaganda spin...

I agree, are all the non-Muslims people who helped insignificant here?....
Where did she say that, ffs???????? scratch

JulesV
Forum Detective ????‍♀️

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Thu Jun 15, 2017 8:59 pm

Jules wrote:
Thorin wrote:

I agree, are all the non-Muslims people who helped insignificant here?....
Where did she say that, ffs????????  scratch

Is Tommy now a she?
I agreed with Tommy, so I have no idea what on earth you are going on about

Back to top Go down

Post by JulesV Thu Jun 15, 2017 9:45 pm

Thorin wrote:
Jules wrote:
Where did she say that, ffs????????  scratch

Is Tommy now a she?

It wasn't Tommy I was referring to.
I thought it was dead obvious that I meant Sexy Mama, the OP!

JulesV
Forum Detective ????‍♀️

Back to top Go down

Post by JulesV Thu Jun 15, 2017 9:46 pm

You misunderstood my post and the irony is... I was trying to highlight the fact that you misunderstood the OP's post!
You misunderstand everything !!
You either do it on purpose, to create arguments, cos you thrive on arguments.
.... Or maybe you are genuinely clueless.
Either way, you are a lost cause! Rolling Eyes

JulesV
Forum Detective ????‍♀️

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Thu Jun 15, 2017 9:52 pm

Jules wrote:You misunderstood my post and the irony is... I was trying to highlight the fact that you misunderstood the OP's post!
You misunderstand everything !!
You either do it on purpose, to create arguments, cos you thrive on arguments.
.... Or maybe you are genuinely clueless.
Either way, you are a lost cause! Rolling Eyes

How am i misunderstanding anything and where also others agree?
The article is aimed at Muslims it is not and not non-Muslims who helped.? To me it does not matter what faith or non faith people are. The majority of human beings are decent people and applaud all those who helped whether Muslim or not.

So are the other posters creating arguments by saying the same as me?
How is it you look to me and not them here?
That shows its actually you looking for arguments, because nobody else looked to start, as you are doing now

Go figure

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Thu Jun 15, 2017 9:55 pm

Jules wrote:
Thorin wrote:

Is Tommy now a she?

It wasn't Tommy I was referring to.
I thought it was dead obvious that I meant Sexy Mama, the OP!

Where did I post to Sexy on this?
I never did, I posted to Tommy.
So what is obvious is your inability to follow a thread.

Back to top Go down

Post by Raggamuffin Thu Jun 15, 2017 9:58 pm

The problem is that there's a perception that Muslims are greatly criticised in the UK, so whenever Muslims do a good thing, it's remarked on. I don't hear anyone berating Muslims, although I can't speak for anyone else.
Raggamuffin
Raggamuffin
Forum Detective ????‍♀️

Back to top Go down

Post by Ben Reilly Thu Jun 15, 2017 10:24 pm

It's a thing. When the same kind of story gets told over and over about a certain group of people, the rest of the world starts to see them as one-dimensional.

No person and no group is one-dimensional, so when the media goes out of the way to present a different kind of story about a group, it's a deliberate service to the audience, to help people form a more well-rounded view of that group.
Ben Reilly
Ben Reilly
King of Texas. Gigantic Killer Robot. Robin Hood of Epping Forest. Fifty Shades of Cray.

http://www.newsfixboard.com

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Thu Jun 15, 2017 10:30 pm

Ben Reilly wrote:It's a thing. When the same kind of story gets told over and over about a certain group of people, the rest of the world starts to see them as one-dimensional.

No person and no group is one-dimensional, so when the media goes out of the way to present a different kind of story about a group, it's a deliberate service to the audience, to help people form a more well-rounded view of that group.

But again the majority of Muslims are decent people and nobody denies this or the help those did that day.
Now if it had only been Muslims i could see the point you are making, but many people helped that day. So I get the point to promote good news stories about Muslims and have even posted one today myself, but in that case. It was specifically only a Muslim who acted by donating money to a hospital. Here many people helped saved lives and why to separate in this instance is bad. As it ends up dividing a people when they should be seen as united as British people who helped here. What has happen is those who helped have been segregated by whether they are Muslim or Non-Muslims. How does that really help here? The article should have ran showing all that help but with a particular emphasis with those Muslims who acted first.

Back to top Go down

Post by SEXY MAMA Thu Jun 15, 2017 11:14 pm

'Sigh'

In my post I wasn't saying non Muslims didn't do anything all I was doing was highlighting the fact that Muslims helped out.

Thanks Jules and Ben for getting my point.

SEXY MAMA
SEXY MAMA
Forum Detective ????‍♀️

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Thu Jun 15, 2017 11:15 pm

SEXY MAMA wrote:'Sigh'

In my post I wasn't saying non Muslims didn't do anything all I was doing was highlighting the fact that Muslims helped out.

Thanks Jules and Ben for getting my point.

Nobody claimed you did.
People made views actually on the article or did you not notice that?

Back to top Go down

Post by veya_victaous Fri Jun 16, 2017 7:31 am

Thorin wrote:

I would like to think that Muslims and Non-Muslims alike would always help out in such a tragedy, so why do some try to make a political point off this? Other people get up early for work, waling the dog, for their children, coming home from work or being out etc.

Fucking Hypocrisy by the forum Bigots as usual

Something bad attributed to a couple of Muslims And it's "fuck all Muslims, it's all their fault "
when something good can be attributed it's got nothing too do with Muslims Rolling Eyes Rolling Eyes Rolling Eyes Rolling Eyes

veya_victaous
veya_victaous
The Mod Loki, Minister of Chaos & Candy, Emperor of the Southern Realms, Captain Kangaroo

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Fri Jun 16, 2017 7:33 am

veya_victaous wrote:
Thorin wrote:

Fucking Hypocrisy by the forum Bigots as usual

Something bad attributed to a couple of Muslims And it's  "fuck all Muslims, it's all their fault "
when something good can be attributed it's got nothing too do with Muslims  Rolling Eyes  Rolling Eyes  Rolling Eyes  Rolling Eyes

And the above shows the delusions of Veya

I and others praised the Muslims

Why do you continue to lie all the time?
Here again is what is said and explained to Ben

But again the majority of Muslims are decent people and nobody denies this or the help those did that day.
Now if it had only been Muslims i could see the point you are making, but many people helped that day. So I get the point to promote good news stories about Muslims and have even posted one today myself, but in that case. It was specifically only a Muslim who acted by donating money to a hospital. Here many people helped saved lives and why to separate in this instance is bad. As it ends up dividing a people when they should be seen as united as British people who helped here. What has happen is those who helped have been segregated by whether they are Muslim or Non-Muslims. How does that really help here? The article should have ran showing all that help but with a particular emphasis with those Muslims who acted first

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down