NewsFix
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Britain's policies on austerity, immigration and terrorism are racist, says UN inspector

Go down

Britain's policies on austerity, immigration and terrorism are racist, says UN inspector Empty Britain's policies on austerity, immigration and terrorism are racist, says UN inspector

Post by Guest Sat May 12, 2018 6:40 am

Britain's policies on austerity, immigration and tackling terrorism are racist, a United Nations watchdog has claimed.

Ministers hit back after Tendayi Achiume, the UN’s Special Rapporteur on racism, called for the anti-terrorism Prevent strategy to be shut down and anti-immigration laws to be repealed.

A Home Office source said the criticism was not based on "reality" while former Conservative leader Iain Duncan-Smith said her claims were “complete rubbish”.

Tory MP Jacob Rees-Mogg, leader of the influential European Research group, said: "The UN ought to have better things to do than issue tendentious reports abut the UK."

https://www.telegraph.co.uk/politics/2018/05/11/uk-policies-austerity-immigration-fighting-terrorism-racist/

http://www.dailymail.co.uk/news/article-5718855/UN-rapporteur-says-Brexit-austerity-UK-racist-country.html

The view that prevent is racist, is of course nonsense, when it does tackle all forms of extremism, the main two, being Islamism and Far right extremism. Two of the major threats of extremism, we face at present in this country. The view that austerity is racist is again utter gibberish, when it effects many people, no matter their ethnicity. So on those aspects, I think the author of this report is also racially motivated and biased through this, to come to such a dumb conclusion.

I agree that Brexit has led to an increase in racism, but Brexit has not been the main factor in the rise of antisemism. As a large chunk of Antisemitism is coming from the extreme left, since Corbyn came to power. How she completely ignored that shows agin a left wing bias.

On immigration, I do however wonder if subconciously there is a racist underlining problem. People may disagree with me on that, but is really being against immigration based on valid reasons or actually racially motivated? As that does seem to be a number of people who are racially motivated against immigration. This does not mean everyone concerned about immigration is racially motivated, far from it, but to me, there does seem to be racist undertones around the view to curb immigration.

As take the view of Ben for example having problems being with the person he loves? Why cannot two people in love, be together, no matter that they are from different nations. The view to deny this, is completely and utterly wrong. Which thus has many racial undertones to have such measures.

Back to top Go down