NewsFix
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Swedish DJ Avicii found dead, aged 28

3 posters

Go down

Swedish DJ Avicii found dead, aged 28 Empty Swedish DJ Avicii found dead, aged 28

Post by Guest Fri Apr 20, 2018 8:07 pm

The Swedish-born producer and DJ known as Avicii has been found dead in Oman.

Publicist Diana Baron said in a statement that the 28-year-old DJ, born Tim Bergling, was in Muscat, Oman.

"The family is devastated and we ask everyone to please respect their need for privacy in this difficult time," the statement said.

Avicii was a pioneer of the contemporary Electronic Dance Movement and a rare DJ capable of worldwide arena tour. He won two MTV Music Awards, one Billboard Music Award and earned two Grammy nominations. His biggest hit was Le7els.

His death comes just days after he was nominated for a Billboard Music Award for top dance/electronic album for his EP "Avicii (01).

His hits include Wake Me Up!, The Days and You Make Me. He is the subject of the 2017 Levan Tsikurishvil documentary Avicii: True Stories.

Avicii had in the past suffered acute pancreatitis, in part due to excessive drinking. After having his gallbladder and appendix removed in 2014, he canceled a series of shows in attempt to recover. He quit touring in 2016 but continued making music in the studio.

No cause of death was given and Ms Baron said no further statements would be released.

https://www.telegraph.co.uk/music/news/swedish-dj-avicii-found-dead-aged-28/

28?

Shit, great talent, RIP

Back to top Go down

Swedish DJ Avicii found dead, aged 28 Empty Re: Swedish DJ Avicii found dead, aged 28

Post by veya_victaous Mon Apr 23, 2018 12:23 am

http://www.news.com.au/entertainment/celebrity-life/avicii-pictured-with-friends-on-yacht-a-day-before-untimely-death/news-story/cf309f0823f8b338a721e4b9d0c121a1

Such a shame he was a very good DJ

veya_victaous
veya_victaous
The Mod Loki, Minister of Chaos & Candy, Emperor of the Southern Realms, Captain Kangaroo

Back to top Go down

Swedish DJ Avicii found dead, aged 28 Empty Re: Swedish DJ Avicii found dead, aged 28

Post by JulesV Tue Apr 24, 2018 11:57 am

Too young to die. RIP.
Too many sudden deaths in the music industry over the last twenty years.

JulesV
Forum Detective ????‍♀️

Back to top Go down

Post by eddie Thu Apr 26, 2018 6:20 pm

I think I just read somewhere that it was suicide.
eddie
eddie
King of Beards. Keeper of the Whip. Top Chef. BEES!!!!!! Mushroom muncher. Spider aficionado!

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down