NewsFix
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

I have a big banner over the top of threads

5 posters

Go down

I have a big banner over the top of threads  Empty I have a big banner over the top of threads

Post by eddie Wed Mar 07, 2018 5:32 pm

I’m sure this has happened before. The banner goes across the top of the thread - right about where you’d see the topic header and description.
It’s rather annoying.

Anyone got a suggestion?
eddie
eddie
King of Beards. Keeper of the Whip. Top Chef. BEES!!!!!! Mushroom muncher. Spider aficionado!

Back to top Go down

I have a big banner over the top of threads  Empty Re: I have a big banner over the top of threads

Post by Syl Wed Mar 07, 2018 6:28 pm

I have 'Adguard'...I think it costs about £15 a year....I know what you mean though because for a few seconds before Adguard kicks in, I see the big banner ad you are seeing.
Syl
Syl
Forum Detective ????‍♀️

Back to top Go down

I have a big banner over the top of threads  Empty Re: I have a big banner over the top of threads

Post by eddie Wed Mar 07, 2018 6:31 pm

I didn’t have Adblockbollocks before so this has happened since Ben had to buy back the name.

Actually it wasn’t there yesterday and has only appeared today.
eddie
eddie
King of Beards. Keeper of the Whip. Top Chef. BEES!!!!!! Mushroom muncher. Spider aficionado!

Back to top Go down

Post by Syl Wed Mar 07, 2018 6:46 pm

That's nothing, I had no smileys for a day after he 'upgraded'.....I was gutted. Sad
Syl
Syl
Forum Detective ????‍♀️

Back to top Go down

Post by eddie Wed Mar 07, 2018 7:08 pm

Syl wrote:That's nothing, I had no smileys for a day after he 'upgraded'.....I was gutted. Sad

Yeah. He should actually be having a whip-round for us! Evil or Very Mad
eddie
eddie

Back to top Go down

Post by Ben Reilly Wed Mar 07, 2018 10:00 pm

All a y'all can kiss my ass and cowboy up!
Ben Reilly
Ben Reilly
King of Texas. Gigantic Killer Robot. Robin Hood of Epping Forest. Fifty Shades of Cray.

http://www.newsfixboard.com

Back to top Go down

Post by eddie Wed Mar 07, 2018 10:04 pm

Ben Mothafuckin' Reilly wrote:All a y'all can kiss my ass and cowboy up!

Well.
That’s not terribly helpful, is it? Rolling Eyes
eddie
eddie

Back to top Go down

Post by eddie Thu Mar 08, 2018 4:09 pm

Oh. Look. It’s still there. I have a big banner over the top of threads  2794048296
eddie
eddie

Back to top Go down

Post by eddie Mon Mar 12, 2018 7:41 am

Okay this isn’t funny anymore.
The banner now covers the log in and password section - I got in by a fluke today - and if I get timed out I won’t get logged back in.
I’ll be gone forever.

So someone had better help me sort it. Sad
eddie
eddie

Back to top Go down

Post by HoratioTarr Mon Mar 12, 2018 9:13 am

Not a problem for me but I use Adblocker.
HoratioTarr
HoratioTarr
Forum Detective ????‍♀️

Back to top Go down

Post by magica Mon Mar 12, 2018 10:39 am

I use adbloc and its free. No probe at all.
magica
magica
Forum Detective ????‍♀️

Back to top Go down

Post by Syl Mon Mar 12, 2018 12:47 pm

Download an adblock Eddie....they work. Wink
Syl
Syl
Forum Detective ????‍♀️

Back to top Go down

Post by eddie Mon Mar 12, 2018 3:54 pm

I don’t wanna download stuff because doing that irritates me. Is there no other way? And besides all that, it wasn’t happening before the site was up for renewal.
I’ve asked Ben a billion times and he’s all like, yeah...what?....erm....

Bloody useless.
eddie
eddie

Back to top Go down

Post by eddie Mon Mar 12, 2018 3:55 pm

And furthermore, I can’t admin the site properly, like move threads etc.
eddie
eddie

Back to top Go down

Post by eddie Fri Mar 16, 2018 11:01 pm

Okay the banner has moved to it’s correct place now, not that anyone cared really....more like a lukewarm “meh, whatcha gonna do, edds, eh?”

So I did a voodoo magic thing on it and now it’s fixed.

So, if you experience technical difficulties that will be me.
eddie
eddie

Back to top Go down

Post by Ben Reilly Fri Mar 16, 2018 11:04 pm

eddie wrote:Okay the banner has moved to it’s correct place now, not that anyone cared really....more like a lukewarm  “meh, whatcha gonna do, edds, eh?”

That was all me, actually -- I was typing really fast, characters were shining across my face in a darkened room, and I think there was even a time bomb!
Ben Reilly
Ben Reilly
King of Texas. Gigantic Killer Robot. Robin Hood of Epping Forest. Fifty Shades of Cray.

Back to top Go down

Post by eddie Fri Mar 16, 2018 11:05 pm

Ben Mothafuckin' Reilly wrote:
eddie wrote:Okay the banner has moved to it’s correct place now, not that anyone cared really....more like a lukewarm  “meh, whatcha gonna do, edds, eh?”

That was all me, actually -- I was typing really fast, characters were shining across my face in a darkened room, and I think there was even a time bomb!

Dude, did you eat the worm at the bottom of the tequila bottle again?
eddie
eddie

Back to top Go down

Post by Ben Reilly Fri Mar 16, 2018 11:06 pm

eddie wrote:

It was a mistake.
Ben Reilly
Ben Reilly

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Fri Mar 16, 2018 11:09 pm

eddie wrote:

It was a mistake.

I will let the forum decide on that..... Laughing

lol!

Back to top Go down

Post by Ben Reilly Sat Mar 17, 2018 12:00 am

I have a big banner over the top of threads  Whinge11
Ben Reilly
Ben Reilly

Back to top Go down

Post by eddie Sat Mar 17, 2018 10:44 am

Hahahahahahahahhaa “whinger”

I have a big banner over the top of threads  1681210668
eddie
eddie

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down