NewsFix
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Information regarding threads

+3
Major
Ben Reilly
eddie
7 posters

Page 1 of 3 1, 2, 3  Next

Go down

Information regarding threads  Empty Information regarding threads

Post by eddie Wed Jan 20, 2016 9:04 pm

This has been said before, but please don't just post links up, it's just lazy and not inviting to read if there's nothing but a link.
We want to be intrigued, interested and drawn in when opening a thread!

A small piece from the article will suffice along with the link to the article (a must!) and your own comment, if you wish.

Any threads started, with just a link and nothing else, will be deleted by admin.
eddie
eddie
King of Beards. Keeper of the Whip. Top Chef. BEES!!!!!! Mushroom muncher. Spider aficionado!

Back to top Go down

Information regarding threads  Empty Re: Information regarding threads

Post by Ben Reilly Wed Jan 20, 2016 9:44 pm

eddie wrote:This has been said before, but please don't just post links up, it's just lazy and not inviting to read if there's nothing but a link.

A small piece from the article will suffice along with the link to the article (a must!) and your own comment, if you wish.

Any threads started, with just a link and nothing else, will be deleted by admin.

While we're at it, could we pretty please put a little info in the title as well? I hate seeing threads that read things like "Birmingham." What about Birmingham?! Did they win a soccer game? Are they having a big block party? Were they hit with a nuclear missile?
Ben Reilly
Ben Reilly
King of Texas. Gigantic Killer Robot. Robin Hood of Epping Forest. Fifty Shades of Cray.

http://www.newsfixboard.com

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Wed Jan 20, 2016 9:46 pm

Ben_Reilly wrote:
eddie wrote:This has been said before, but please don't just post links up, it's just lazy and not inviting to read if there's nothing but a link.

While we're at it, could we pretty please put a little info in the title as well? I hate seeing threads that read things like "Birmingham." What about Birmingham?! Did they win a soccer game? Are they having a big block party? Were they hit with a nuclear missile?

Oh stop being so pedantic, just open the thread and read it

You cannot win here, people moan if the thread is too long and now too short.

Talk about Goldilocks and the 3 bears

Back to top Go down

Post by Ben Reilly Wed Jan 20, 2016 9:47 pm

Didge wrote:
Ben_Reilly wrote:

Why are you so anti-me?
Ben Reilly
Ben Reilly
King of Texas. Gigantic Killer Robot. Robin Hood of Epping Forest. Fifty Shades of Cray.

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Wed Jan 20, 2016 9:49 pm

Ben_Reilly wrote:
Didge wrote:

Why are you so anti-me?

lol I am not anti-you, that is called paranoia

I just think that this is over the top, where it seems people want everyone to post the perfect opening thread to the tune of what a few people think it should be

In other words subjective

If it gets people debating that is all that should matter should it not?

Like i say, you will never make everyone happy, but too long, too short, ah just right

Goldilocks and the 3 bears

Back to top Go down

Post by eddie Wed Jan 20, 2016 10:07 pm

No I agree with Ben actually.
The title really should be what the thread is about.
eddie
eddie
King of Beards. Keeper of the Whip. Top Chef. BEES!!!!!! Mushroom muncher. Spider aficionado!

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Wed Jan 20, 2016 10:10 pm

eddie wrote:No I agree with Ben actually.
The title really should be what the thread is about.

Again that is just an opinion

At least with just the link it is making people then go to the site and read the article
Where the full article is posted people complain and in each case where it is not posted in full or partly people are generally lazy and do not read the whole article and then make mistakes because they have not done so.

So to both Ben and yourself is being picky and pedantic, where the only thing that should matter is how a thread generates interest from posters

Again Goldilocks and the three bears

Back to top Go down

Post by eddie Wed Jan 20, 2016 10:11 pm

Also if I was not a member, and deciding to join "Birmingham" would not entice me in.

"Birmingham breeds killer rats" would, however.
eddie
eddie

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Wed Jan 20, 2016 10:22 pm

eddie wrote:Also if I was not a member, and deciding to join "Birmingham" would not entice me in.

"Birmingham breeds killer rats" would, however.

I would be far more curious to look at something that has far less information, which again shows difference of opinions

Again this is just being pedantic on what a few of you think, where it would be more democratic to put to the vote

Then everyone is happy

Back to top Go down

The author of this message was banned from the forum - See the message

Post by Ben Reilly Wed Jan 20, 2016 11:40 pm

Stormee wrote:If you click on the link it tells you EVERYTHING without adulteration or embroidery.Who is so LAZY as not to touch one measly key on their computer to open a link.

Regarding deleting the post, that sort of despotism will soon travel and people will want to sidestep Newsfix which would REALLY be a shame.

I have 1100 posts in a short time and someone moans, begun belief.

However as you are management you have the right to do as you please.

Happy days.

Maybe we don't all have the time to click on a link that doesn't interest us. I don't click on click bait out of principle.
Ben Reilly
Ben Reilly

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Thu Jan 21, 2016 12:32 am

Ben_Reilly wrote:
Stormee wrote:If you click on the link it tells you EVERYTHING without adulteration or embroidery.Who is so LAZY as not to touch one measly key on their computer to open a link.

Regarding deleting the post, that sort of despotism will soon travel and people will want to sidestep Newsfix which would REALLY be a shame.

I have 1100 posts in a short time and someone moans, begun belief.

However as you are management you have the right to do as you please.

Happy days.

Maybe we don't all have the time to click on a link that doesn't interest us. I don't click on click bait out of principle.

Information regarding threads  Images?q=tbn:ANd9GcSW1JHjkGX3oYT9c2GhlCQ7L37ddbe8mezOOp6K8WCSCaveJnYv

Back to top Go down

Post by eddie Thu Jan 21, 2016 9:15 am

Why is it so hard for people to just say okay, I'll post a bit of the article?
Why does there have to be DRAMA over everything?

So
Boring
eddie
eddie

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Thu Jan 21, 2016 9:18 am

Which can be said for why there is a need for making petty rules on threads as well Eddie

We are not children and this to me is utterly petty and pedantic.

What next, a 100 lines if we do not post the thread perfectly according to the Head Master ben

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Thu Jan 21, 2016 9:19 am

lol Just notice Veya has been going round all my posts giving me a red, ha ha ha ha

So childish

Back to top Go down

Post by Raggamuffin Thu Jan 21, 2016 12:06 pm

eddie wrote:Why is it so hard for people to just say okay, I'll post a bit of the article?
Why does there have to be DRAMA over everything?

So
Boring

An opinion would be nice as well, so everyone knows the starting point of the OP.
Raggamuffin
Raggamuffin
Forum Detective ????‍♀️

Back to top Go down

Post by Raggamuffin Thu Jan 21, 2016 1:22 pm

Stormee wrote:
Raggamuffin wrote:

An opinion would be nice as well, so everyone knows the starting point of the OP.

With your vast forum experience and expertise at dealing with trolls you will know if a poster puts their opinion first, very often some aerosols will just go for the jugular of the poster, calling them racist, effing and blinding them, ignoring the meat on the bone so to speak, thus ruining the entire post before it has time to get started with mods sitting tight and ignoring such, I know you have witnessed such many times and even been got at yourself unjustifiably, Miss Ragga.

Good point Stormee. Laughing
Raggamuffin
Raggamuffin
Forum Detective ????‍♀️

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Thu Jan 21, 2016 6:51 pm

Ben_Reilly wrote:

I could have titled my thread "Birmingham is a scary place" but then I'd have had to change it to "Birmingham is full of Life, Vibrant and exactly what I'd expected" the very next day Information regarding threads  Smiley14

Back to top Go down

Post by Ben Reilly Thu Jan 21, 2016 8:38 pm

feelthelove wrote:
Ben_Reilly wrote:

I could have titled my thread "Birmingham is a scary place" but then I'd have had to change it to "Birmingham is full of Life, Vibrant and exactly what I'd expected" the very next day Information regarding threads  Smiley14

Just checked it and realized it was in Miscellany, which I don't have a problem with. If it was in UK News, though, that would be a bit more frustrating. I.E. -- don't tell me there's news about Birmingham without a few words as to what the news is Smile
Ben Reilly
Ben Reilly

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Thu Jan 21, 2016 8:50 pm

Ben_Reilly wrote:
feelthelove wrote:

Just checked it and realized it was in Miscellany, which I don't have a problem with. If it was in UK News, though, that would be a bit more frustrating. I.E. -- don't tell me there's news about Birmingham without a few words as to what the news is Smile

Which translates into

"I forgot it was FTL who made that thread, who is adorable, and now feel completely embarrassed, so I have decided to move the goal posts to make an exception to this rule if such threads are in Miscellany"

lol

Back to top Go down

Post by Irn Bru Thu Jan 21, 2016 9:22 pm

Ben_Reilly wrote:

We had a discussion on this a while back and eddie was getting dogs abuse for NOT changing a thread title and now she's getting dogs abuse for wanting to change a thread titles. There were some really intersting comments on that one lol

Ye canny win Eddie.
Irn Bru
Irn Bru
The Tartan terror. Keeper of the royal sporran. Chief Haggis Hunter

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Thu Jan 21, 2016 9:26 pm

Didge wrote:
Ben_Reilly wrote:

Which translates into

"I forgot it was FTL who made that thread, who is adorable, and now feel completely embarrassed, so I have decided to move the goal posts to make an exception to this rule if such threads are in Miscellany"

lol

Another red from sassy lol

Just 16 more and you will have me in the minus not able to give anyone any positive or negative votes

cheers

Back to top Go down

Post by Irn Bru Thu Jan 21, 2016 9:33 pm

Didge wrote:
Didge wrote:
Ben_Reilly wrote:

Which translates into

lol

Just 16 more and you will have me in the minus not able to give anyone any positive or negative votes

cheers

Couldn't have been Sassy, Didge. Must have been someone else.
Irn Bru
Irn Bru

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Thu Jan 21, 2016 9:38 pm

Irn Bru wrote:
Didge wrote:

cheers

I know she has given two reds today Irn, one was on this thread

http://www.newsfixboard.com/t13485-Muslim-boy-s-schoolwork-leads-to-lancashire-police-investigation

And its either this one or somewhere I have not seen yet

You see her and Zack did this before. I know very childish, so I started to monitor how many they were giving a day.

Back to top Go down

Post by Irn Bru Thu Jan 21, 2016 9:41 pm

Didge wrote:
Irn Bru wrote:
Didge wrote:

cheers

http://www.newsfixboard.com/t13485-Muslim-boy-s-schoolwork-leads-to-lancashire-police-investigation

You see her and Zack did this before. I know very childish, so I started to monitor how many they were giving a day.

Neither of these two were on line when you were given the last one so someone else must have given it.
Irn Bru
Irn Bru

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Thu Jan 21, 2016 9:43 pm

Irn Bru wrote:
Didge wrote:

Neither of these two were on line when you were given the last one so someone else must have given it.

You do a very bad job of trying to cover for her

I never said zack has been today but the pair of them did before and Sassy is back at it

She gave two negatives today

Back to top Go down

Post by Irn Bru Thu Jan 21, 2016 9:46 pm

Didge wrote:
Irn Bru wrote:
Didge wrote:

I never said zack has been today but the pair of them did before and Sassy is back at it

You were not referring to the last one then......correct?

Whatever you say it still had to be someone else didn't it Laughing
Irn Bru
Irn Bru

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Thu Jan 21, 2016 9:49 pm

It could well be someone else from down under. Yes, who was doing much of the same last night, all quite childish and very amusing lol

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Thu Jan 21, 2016 9:50 pm

Didge wrote:
Irn Bru wrote:

Experiment successful  you blame sassy for everything good to know
because the first red one you claimed  to "know" it was sassy

But the second one was me Laughing just to see who you would blame, as you claim to "know" shit you can`t possibly know just goes to prove your full of crap

top marks dude

but blaming Irn for covering for her is the icing on the cake cheers cheers cheers

Back to top Go down

Post by Andy Thu Jan 21, 2016 9:55 pm

I have been red carding Didge as well.
For no other reason than he is a poisonous wanket.
Andy
Andy
Poet Laureate & Traveling Bard of NewsFix

Location : Winning the fight to drain the swamp of far right extremists.

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Thu Jan 21, 2016 9:57 pm

korban dallas wrote:
Didge wrote:

But the second one was me Laughing just to see who you would blame, as you claim to "know" shit you can`t possibly know just goes to prove your full of crap

top marks dude

but blaming Irn for covering for her is the icing on the cake cheers cheers cheers

I love how you can reel in who has given you reds ha ha ha

So care to explain why you did Korben?

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Thu Jan 21, 2016 9:57 pm

Handy Andy wrote:I have been red carding Didge as well.
Laughing

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Thu Jan 21, 2016 9:58 pm

The true virtue of a lefty.

Hate

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Thu Jan 21, 2016 9:59 pm

Didge wrote:
korban dallas wrote:

top marks dude

try reading the post MR know it all i explained my motive
and you as expected throw unfounded accusations at sassy

what a tit

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Thu Jan 21, 2016 10:01 pm

korban dallas wrote:
Didge wrote:

what a tit

That does not explain why you gave me a red for showing up Ben backtracking

Like I said the true virtue of a lefty is hate

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Thu Jan 21, 2016 10:01 pm

Didge wrote:

Hate
exposing a vindictive fraud more like
so i think sassy deserves an apology not that i expect she will receive one

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Thu Jan 21, 2016 10:02 pm

korban dallas wrote:
Didge wrote:

Hate
so i think sassy deserves  an apology not that i expect she will receive one  

No she gave me two reds today and she has done this before

So I have no doubt she did red me simply for nothing more than the lefty virtue

Hate

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Thu Jan 21, 2016 10:03 pm

Didge wrote:
korban dallas wrote:

what a tit

yes i does
i just picked a random post of yours to see who you would blame and as expected you blamed sassy

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Thu Jan 21, 2016 10:04 pm

Didge wrote:
korban dallas wrote:
so i think sassy deserves  an apology not that i expect she will receive one  

No she gave me two reds today and she has done this before

So I have no doubt she did red me simply for nothing more than the lefty virtue

Hate
mr i admit when i am wrong fails again
your full of crap dude

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Thu Jan 21, 2016 10:04 pm

korban dallas wrote:
Didge wrote:

yes i does
i just picked a random post of yours to see who you would blame and as expected you blamed sassy

lol Porkies and that really is a bad fib

Sorry you can say what you like Korben, but that was about as bad as it gets for fibs

But it seems you want to have a immature bout so I shall leave you flapping as per usual

Enjoy

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Thu Jan 21, 2016 10:08 pm

Didge wrote:
korban dallas wrote:
yes i does

lol Porkies and that really is a bad fib

Sorry you can say what you like Korben, but that was about as bad as it gets for fibs

But it seems you want to have a immature bout so I shall leave you flapping as per usual

Enjoy
so i am a liar now
just your speed dude cant admit when your wrong
and especially when you have no way to know who red balled you
but it was me who did

suck it up you fraud Information regarding threads  1716015268 lol!

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Thu Jan 21, 2016 10:11 pm

I shall leave you flapping as per usual

yea of cause you will
this hate you have for sassy and blame her for everything must really burn you inside

what a fraud you are Mr Know it all

Drige says so it must be true because he knows everything lol what a ass

Back to top Go down

Post by eddie Thu Jan 21, 2016 11:54 pm

Irn Bru wrote:
Ben_Reilly wrote:

We had a discussion on this a while back and eddie was getting dogs abuse for NOT changing a thread title and now she's getting dogs abuse for wanting to change a thread titles. There were some really intersting comments on that one lol

Ye canny win Eddie.

Nope. You just canny Cool
eddie
eddie

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Fri Jan 22, 2016 7:52 am

korban dallas wrote:
Didge wrote:

top marks dude

Current date/time is Fri Jan 22, 2016 6:46 pm
Viewing profile: korban dallas

ProfileStatisticsFriendsContact
Statistics

Positive votes received : 14
Negative votes received : 0
Thanks received : 9
Positive votes given : 35
Negative votes given : 0
Thanks given : 14

Well I'm Information regarding threads  Confus10 Korben because according to your statistics you haver NEVER given any negative votes?

Information regarding threads  Smiley15

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Fri Jan 22, 2016 8:07 am

feelthelove wrote:
korban dallas wrote:

top marks dude

Current date/time is Fri Jan 22, 2016 6:46 pm
Viewing profile: korban dallas

ProfileStatisticsFriendsContact
Statistics

Positive votes received : 14
Negative votes received : 0
Thanks received : 9
Positive votes given : 35
Negative votes given : 0
Thanks given : 14

Well I'm Information regarding threads  Confus10 Korben because according to your statistics you haver NEVER given any negative votes?

Wow how sloppy of me FTL not to even check

Not that it matters Miss Adorable, as seen some have a real hate for me, which is a pity, as I have no hate for any of them. The more and more I now look at some people of hard left wing views, the more I see litter difference in how hateful they are of people with a difference of views they claim are hateful. I am no angel and can lose my cool at times, but for some reason this year I am really at peace and not in conflict.

I thank you ladies for that   Laughing

Anyway I am going to worry about it

Morning by the way and hope you have a lovely day

x

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Fri Jan 22, 2016 11:49 am

Didge wrote:
feelthelove wrote:

Wow how sloppy of me FTL not to even check

Not that it matters Miss Adorable, as seen some have a real hate for me, which is a pity, as I have no hate for any of them. The more and more I now look at some people of hard left wing views, the more I see litter difference in how hateful they are of people with a difference of views they claim are hateful. I am no angel and can lose my cool at times, but for some reason this year I am really at peace and not in conflict.

I thank you ladies for that   Laughing

Anyway I am going to worry about it

Morning by the way and hope you have a lovely day

x
i swear on my children i did vote down a post of his and for the reason i gave why that is not shown on my statistics i can`t explain but i am not a liar.
i did and for the reason i gave

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Fri Jan 22, 2016 11:51 am

Stormee wrote:It is not hate for you KD, it is PITY.
Pity ? from a bigoted wanker i don`t need thanks so i suggest you take your ~"pity " and go fuck your self with it ......twice

many thanks
KD

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down

Page 1 of 3 1, 2, 3  Next