NewsFix
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Libertarian Banned from Facebook for Tide Pod Joke That Mocked Liberals

3 posters

Go down

Libertarian Banned from Facebook for Tide Pod Joke That Mocked Liberals Empty Libertarian Banned from Facebook for Tide Pod Joke That Mocked Liberals

Post by Maddog Fri Jan 26, 2018 12:32 am

Facebook doesn't seem to think Tide pods are a joking matter.

Tom Champlin, who owns the libertarian news aggregator The Liberty Review and runs its associated Facebook page, was slapped with a 30-day Facebook ban for posting a Tide pod meme. His post showed a screenshot of a teen who was stupid enough to bite into a Tide pod; the caption said, "This is why I can't pay for your health insurance."

Facebook sent Champlin a message telling him that his post had violated the site's community standards and he would be temporarily locked out of his profile as a punishment.

"I can't use it for anything," Champlin says. "I can't friend, message, post, or operate pages."

Facebook usually takes this step after another user reports content that violates the company's community standards. But it's not clear what Facebook policy was undermined by the meme, which is clearly using the Tide Pod Moment to make a political joke. Facebook prohibits "content that promotes or encourages suicide or any other type of self-injury, including self-mutilation and eating disorders," but the post wasn't actually advocating self-harm of any sort.

As a private business, Facebook is within its rights to restrict content for any reason it wants. But the company claims to "allow humor, satire, [and] social commentary," and Champlin's post clearly fits the bill.

Libertarian Banned from Facebook for Tide Pod Joke That Mocked Liberals Tidepo10

http://reason.com/blog/2018/01/24/libertarian-banned-from-facebook-for-tid

I actually follow this site and thought it was funny. What happened to the good old days when people were not giant whining vaginas?
Maddog
Maddog
The newsfix Queen

Back to top Go down

Libertarian Banned from Facebook for Tide Pod Joke That Mocked Liberals Empty Re: Libertarian Banned from Facebook for Tide Pod Joke That Mocked Liberals

Post by Cass Fri Jan 26, 2018 3:13 am

Their company, their rules. And yes the meme does violate their standards.
Cass
Cass
the Nerd Queen of Nerds, the Lover of Books who Cooks

Back to top Go down

Libertarian Banned from Facebook for Tide Pod Joke That Mocked Liberals Empty Re: Libertarian Banned from Facebook for Tide Pod Joke That Mocked Liberals

Post by Maddog Fri Jan 26, 2018 3:25 am

Cass wrote:Their company, their rules. And yes the meme does violate their standards.

How does it violate their standards? It's a goofy kid eating a tide pod.
Maddog
Maddog
The newsfix Queen

Back to top Go down

Post by Cass Fri Jan 26, 2018 3:28 am

Maddog wrote:
Cass wrote:Their company, their rules. And yes the meme does violate their standards.

Read what you posted. Promoting self-injury. It’s not just about slitting your wrists anymore. Stupid people ruin stuff for the majority. If this wasn’t such a litigious country, then maybe things would be different.
Cass
Cass

Back to top Go down

Post by Maddog Fri Jan 26, 2018 3:37 am

Cass wrote:
Maddog wrote:

Read what you posted. Promoting self-injury. It’s not just about slitting your wrists anymore. Stupid people ruin stuff for the majority. If this wasn’t such a litigious country, then maybe things would be different.

I bet I have seen 100 different tide memes in the past few weeks. It's gone viral. This had nothing to do with some dumb kids hurting themselves.

Do you have Facebook? This is a very tame meme for social media.
Maddog
Maddog
The newsfix Queen

Back to top Go down

Post by Cass Fri Jan 26, 2018 3:39 am

Maddog wrote:
Cass wrote:

I bet I have seen 100 different tide memes in the past few weeks.  It's gone viral.  This had nothing to do with some dumb kids hurting themselves.  

Do you have Facebook?  This is a very tame meme for social media.  

Yes I have the book of face. I guess I just don’t associate with the same kind of people that you do. Wink Well some of Mr.C’s cousins perhaps, but I have unfollowed them for a whole slew of reasons.
Cass
Cass

Back to top Go down

Post by Maddog Fri Jan 26, 2018 3:43 am

Cass wrote:
Maddog wrote:

I bet I have seen 100 different tide memes in the past few weeks.  It's gone viral.  This had nothing to do with some dumb kids hurting themselves.  

Do you have Facebook?  This is a very tame meme for social media.  

Yes I have the book of face. I guess I just don’t associate with the same kind of people that you do.  Wink  Well some of Mr.C’s cousins perhaps, but I have unfollowed them for a whole slew of reasons.

Well, I follow a few hundred sites so I'm bombarded with all sorts of stuff. I'm pretty well rounded in terms of what I'm exposed to. This meme is nothing.
Maddog
Maddog
The newsfix Queen

Back to top Go down

Post by Cass Fri Jan 26, 2018 3:46 am

Maddog wrote:
Cass wrote:

Yes I have the book of face. I guess I just don’t associate with the same kind of people that you do.  Wink  Well some of Mr.C’s cousins perhaps, but I have unfollowed them for a whole slew of reasons.

Well, I follow a few hundred sites so I'm bombarded with all sorts of stuff.  I'm pretty well rounded in terms of what I'm exposed to.  This meme is nothing.  

Same but maybe 100 at max. I agree that’s it’s stupidly harmless but I don’t own FB.

Now you’re talking first world problems!
Cass
Cass

Back to top Go down

Post by Maddog Fri Jan 26, 2018 3:49 am

Cass wrote:
Maddog wrote:

Well, I follow a few hundred sites so I'm bombarded with all sorts of stuff.  I'm pretty well rounded in terms of what I'm exposed to.  This meme is nothing.  

Same but maybe 100 at max. I agree that’s it’s stupidly harmless but I don’t own FB.

Well having been put in Facebook jail twice, I'm a bit sensitive about the whole thing.
Maddog
Maddog
The newsfix Queen

Back to top Go down

Post by Cass Fri Jan 26, 2018 3:54 am

Maddog wrote:
Cass wrote:

Well having been put in Facebook jail twice, I'm a bit sensitive about the whole thing.  

You hardened criminal you. Next time let me know. I make a delicious brownie cake in which to hide a file. I got no bail money as 1 kid in college (thank the sweet lord above that the other is about to graduate but the words grad school have been mentioned. Yippee).

Ok it’s been a long and disappointing day for a variety of reasons. I also had a burrito that’s made me feel queasy. It just gets better and better.

Hasta la vista and Ciao afro
Cass
Cass

Back to top Go down

Post by Maddog Fri Jan 26, 2018 4:18 am

Cass wrote:
Maddog wrote:

You hardened criminal you. Next time let me know. I make a delicious brownie cake in which to hide a file. I got no bail money as 1 kid in college (thank the sweet lord above that the other is about to graduate but the words grad school have been mentioned. Yippee).

Ok it’s been a long and disappointing day for a variety of reasons. I also had a burrito that’s made me feel queasy. It just gets better and better.

My bail bondsmen knows me well. You won't need money to get me out of real jail. Unfortunately I have been in that considerably more times than Facebook jail.

Buenos Noches. Cool
Maddog
Maddog
The newsfix Queen

Back to top Go down

Post by Maddog Fri Jan 26, 2018 4:19 am

Cass wrote:
Maddog wrote:

My bail bondsmen knows me well. You won't need money to get me out of real jail. Unfortunately I have been in that considerably more times than Facebook jail.

Buenos Noches. Cool
Maddog
Maddog
The newsfix Queen

Back to top Go down

Post by 'Wolfie Fri Jan 26, 2018 5:20 am

Maddog wrote:
Cass wrote:

My bail bondsmen knows me well. You won't need money to get me out of real jail.  Unfortunately I have been in that considerably more times than Facebook jail.  

Buenos Noches.  Cool

Libertarian Banned from Facebook for Tide Pod Joke That Mocked Liberals 479860004

And yet they keep letting you out  !!!

Go figure..

P.S.  That Tom Champlin is a dick.   And an unfunny dick at that..        Razz
'Wolfie
'Wolfie
Forum Detective ????‍♀️

Back to top Go down

Post by Maddog Fri Jan 26, 2018 4:08 pm

WhoseYourWolfie wrote:
Maddog wrote:

My bail bondsmen knows me well. You won't need money to get me out of real jail.  Unfortunately I have been in that considerably more times than Facebook jail.  

Buenos Noches.  Cool

Libertarian Banned from Facebook for Tide Pod Joke That Mocked Liberals 479860004

And yet they keep letting you out  !!!

Go figure..

P.S.  That Tom Champlin is a dick.   And an unfunny dick at that..        Razz

Sure they let me out. Just give the government some money and they turn you loose.

As for humor, lefties generally suck at it. Especially memes. Whining like little bitches is more their specialty. Wink
Maddog
Maddog
The newsfix Queen

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down