NewsFix
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Husband Fulfills Dying Wife's Request To Water Plants, Learns They're Plastic Years Later

2 posters

Go down

Husband Fulfills Dying Wife's Request To Water Plants, Learns They're Plastic Years Later Empty Husband Fulfills Dying Wife's Request To Water Plants, Learns They're Plastic Years Later

Post by Guest Sun Jan 21, 2018 12:19 am

Before she died, the 69-year-old asked her husband, Nigel, to water the plants in the bathroom of their South Africa home.

He did so for several years until his recent move into a retirement home, when it was pointed out to him that the plants he'd been watering were made of plastic.

Husband Fulfills Dying Wife's Request To Water Plants, Learns They're Plastic Years Later D30h8-dad-waters-plastic-plants-for-years-1
Antonia (daughter) / Phedre and Nigel

Phedre and Nigel's daughter Antonia posted photos of her father watering the fake plants on Twitter and wrote the following message:

"Before my mum passed away, she gave my dad strict instructions to water the plants in the bathroom. He's been religiously watering them & keeping them alive. They look so amazing he decided to take them to his new home, only to discover they are plastic! Can hear my mum chuckling."
Husband Fulfills Dying Wife's Request To Water Plants, Learns They're Plastic Years Later 1x8mw-dad-waters-plastic-plants-for-years-2

"We really laughed about it and it was lovely to think that my mum was still there with us," Antonia added.

https://www.sunnyskyz.com/blog/2382/Husband-Fulfills-Dying-Wife-s-Request-To-Water-Plants-Learns-They-re-Plastic-Years-Later

Back to top Go down

Husband Fulfills Dying Wife's Request To Water Plants, Learns They're Plastic Years Later Empty Re: Husband Fulfills Dying Wife's Request To Water Plants, Learns They're Plastic Years Later

Post by Syl Sun Jan 21, 2018 12:30 am

That is brilliant. lol!
Everytime that lady is remembered by her husband and daughter it will be with love and laughter.
We all die one day, how great to go out with humour rather than sadness.
Syl
Syl
Forum Detective ????‍♀️

Back to top Go down

Husband Fulfills Dying Wife's Request To Water Plants, Learns They're Plastic Years Later Empty Re: Husband Fulfills Dying Wife's Request To Water Plants, Learns They're Plastic Years Later

Post by Guest Sun Jan 21, 2018 12:37 am

Syl wrote:That is brilliant. lol!
Everytime that lady is remembered by her husband and daughter it will be with love and laughter.

My sentiments exactly Syl

What a great sense of humour she had.

Laughing

Back to top Go down

Post by Syl Sun Jan 21, 2018 12:42 am

The pic of him watering the plants is so lovely.
Didge, isnt the daughter the image of her mum, look at the facial features.

I love stories like this.x
Syl
Syl
Forum Detective ????‍♀️

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Sun Jan 21, 2018 12:45 am

Syl wrote:The pic of him watering the plants is so lovely.
Didge, isnt the daughter the image of her mum, look at the facial features.

I love stories like this.x

Very much so they look alike

I bet they had a wonderful marriage and more so how he kept her promise

Its a beautiful and funny story.

To think even knowing she was dying, she would pull this, shows how much there was love between them

Back to top Go down

Post by Syl Sun Jan 21, 2018 1:01 am

People who can find humour even in heartbreaking situations are very blessed.

I love these heartwarming threads.
Thanks for posting them Didge.
Syl
Syl
Forum Detective ????‍♀️

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Sun Jan 21, 2018 1:11 am

Syl wrote:
People who can find humour even in heartbreaking situations are very blessed.

I love these heartwarming threads.
Thanks for posting them Didge.

They are a million times better than any bad news

Glad you like them Syl

Back to top Go down

Post by Fred Moletrousers Sun Jan 21, 2018 5:00 pm

How very true, Syl.

My late wife, who had a really wicked sense of humour, was fully aware of my hatred and contempt for local authority bureaucrats - and I'm damn sure that she had this in mind when she entrusted her dying wish to her closest friend (now, appropriately, after all this time, the new lady in my life) that she should not be cremated, but buried in some woodland that she owned within sight of her old family home and not in a parish church graveyard or council-run cemetery.

That meant, of course, that I would have to deal with the aforesaid bureaucrats, and she knew damn well that I would give the buggers a really hard time if they tried to interfere.

And so I did. And because I had done my research - as she knew I would - they couldn't do a damn thin,g about it because in spite of all the quoted "rules and regulations" it is perfectly legal to bury someone on private property subject to the only conditions - that it is not within close proximity to a stream or any other watercourse and that not more than two graves would occupy the spot.

I also like to think that she knew perfectly well that I would overcome the other problem...the fact that her chosen grave could not be reached by a hearse.

Bless her, I bet she also knew that as a former farmer she would have to be taken to her last resting place by the only means of transport possible...on a trailer towed by a tractor!

Do I mourn her passing and miss her every day of my life? Of course I do.

Do my family, friends and I fall about laughing every time we recall the officious reactions to the put-downs to bumptious council officials, the grave digger who had to use a mechanical digger to get through tree roots and the undertaker who had to tell his pallbearers that it was a quarter of a mile hike into the middle of a wood - after hauling the coffin off a hay bale trailer in the middle of nowhere? You bet we do!

God knows, when I remember her I can still laugh and cry at the same time!

Fred Moletrousers
Fred Moletrousers
MABEL, THE GREAT ZOG

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Sun Jan 21, 2018 5:03 pm

Fred Moletrousers wrote:

How very true, Syl.

My late wife, who had a really wicked sense of humour, was fully aware of my hatred and contempt for local authority bureaucrats -  and I'm damn sure that she had this in mind when she entrusted her dying wish to her closest friend (now, appropriately, after all this time, the new lady in my life) that she should not be cremated, but buried in some woodland that she owned within sight of her old family home and not in a parish church graveyard or council-run cemetery.

That meant, of course, that I would have to deal with the aforesaid bureaucrats, and she knew damn well that I would give the buggers a really hard time if they tried to interfere.

And so I did. And because I had done my research - as she knew I would - they couldn't do a damn thin,g about it because in spite of all the quoted "rules and regulations"  it is perfectly legal to bury someone on private property subject to the only conditions - that it is not within close proximity to a stream or any other watercourse and that not more than two graves would occupy the spot.

I also like to think that she knew perfectly well that I would overcome the other problem...the fact that her chosen grave could not be reached by a hearse.

Bless her, I bet she also knew that as a former farmer she would have to be taken to her last resting place by the only means of transport possible...on a trailer towed by a tractor!

Do my family, friends and I fall about laughing every time we recall the officious reactions to the put-downs to bumptious council officials, the grave digger  who had to use a mechanical digger to get through tree roots and the undertaker who had to tell his pallbearers that it was a quarter of a mile hike into the middle of a wood - after hauling the coffin off a hay bale trailer in the middle of nowhere?  You bet we do!

+1

Beuatiful Me Lord

Back to top Go down

Post by Syl Sun Jan 21, 2018 7:17 pm

Fred Moletrousers wrote:

How very true, Syl.

My late wife, who had a really wicked sense of humour, was fully aware of my hatred and contempt for local authority bureaucrats -  and I'm damn sure that she had this in mind when she entrusted her dying wish to her closest friend (now, appropriately, after all this time, the new lady in my life) that she should not be cremated, but buried in some woodland that she owned within sight of her old family home and not in a parish church graveyard or council-run cemetery.

And so I did. And because I had done my research - as she knew I would - they couldn't do a damn thin,g about it because in spite of all the quoted "rules and regulations"  it is perfectly legal to bury someone on private property subject to the only conditions - that it is not within close proximity to a stream or any other watercourse and that not more than two graves would occupy the spot.

Do my family, friends and I fall about laughing every time we recall the officious reactions to the put-downs to bumptious council officials, the grave digger  who had to use a mechanical digger to get through tree roots and the undertaker who had to tell his pallbearers that it was a quarter of a mile hike into the middle of a wood - after hauling the coffin off a hay bale trailer in the middle of nowhere?  You bet we do!

It sounds like a brilliant place to be buried, woodland near a home that she loved....with space for you maybe one day in the distant future??

To find humour in the saddest of situations eases the burden....and makes what might be a sad memory a joyful one.
My mum was cremated, she loved spending time in our garden, so we decided her ashes should be buried and scattered round a beautiful garden plant she had bought me but sadly she never saw it flower.
The day we buried her ashes her great grandson was with us....as we dug a hole he said "Nana, is this normal?"...the way he said it cracked us up and we always laugh about it.
Syl
Syl
Forum Detective ????‍♀️

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down