NewsFix
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

David Cameron sets out 'emotional, patriotic' case to keep Scotland in UK

3 posters

Go down

David Cameron sets out 'emotional, patriotic' case to keep Scotland in UK Empty David Cameron sets out 'emotional, patriotic' case to keep Scotland in UK

Post by Guest Fri Feb 07, 2014 2:38 pm

The United Kingdom has just seven months to "save the most extraordinary, buccaneering brilliant country in history", David Cameron warned on Friday in a passionate and personal plea to stop Scotland from breaking away. The prime minister said he was making his intervention because he wanted Scots to realise that England, Wales and Northern Ireland are not looking the other way or walking on by. "It's so important for Scotland to realise that the rest of the family see this as a very important family decisio," he told an audience at the velodrome in London's Olympic Park.

Cameron said all 63 million people in the UK had a voice in this year's historic referendum and urged people across the country to "pick up the phone" to friends and family in Scotland to urge them to vote against independence in September.

http://www.theguardian.com/politics/2014/feb/07/david-cameron-scottish-independence-referendum-olympic-park

Well that's a load of bollocks. What voice do all English and Welsh have in this? None - yet it affects us as much as the Scots. Cameron talking patriotism - sickening.

Back to top Go down

David Cameron sets out 'emotional, patriotic' case to keep Scotland in UK Empty Re: David Cameron sets out 'emotional, patriotic' case to keep Scotland in UK

Post by Clarkson Fri Feb 07, 2014 2:56 pm

I have to agree in a sense but Labou bestow all kinds of unfair bias to the Scots to keep them onside a the English expense.

For example when Scotland got its own Parliament and Wales did what did we get.

That's right F--k all.

Can Scots vote on English only matters. You bet they can and do to give Labour more votes. Without Scotland Labour would be goosed.

Clarkson
Forum Detective ????‍♀️

Back to top Go down

David Cameron sets out 'emotional, patriotic' case to keep Scotland in UK Empty Re: David Cameron sets out 'emotional, patriotic' case to keep Scotland in UK

Post by Guest Fri Feb 07, 2014 3:04 pm

Clarkson wrote:I have to agree in a sense but Labou bestow all kinds of unfair bias to the Scots to keep them onside a the English expense.

For example when Scotland got its own Parliament and Wales did what did we get.

That's right F--k all.

Can Scots vote on English only matters. You bet they can and do to give Labour more votes. Without Scotland Labour would be goosed.

Or you can look at it this way...you have kept Scotland prisoner for three hundred years and that Scotland will, if it votes to..break away....that is the view some Scots have Drinky.

I would prefer to remain in the UK, but not under another RW government.

Cameron is only worried for the oil,the greedy selfish bastard  Laughing 

Back to top Go down

Post by gerber Fri Feb 07, 2014 4:39 pm

Tess. wrote:David Cameron sets out 'emotional, patriotic' case to keep Scotland in UK Scotsr10

I have tried three times to vote in your post - to put a cross in the get out of England box on their behalf but it won't allow me. At least I know I live in England.
gerber
gerber
Forum Detective ????‍♀️

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Fri Feb 07, 2014 4:41 pm

thats good it would be a shame if we had to stop paying for all their prescriptions.

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Fri Feb 07, 2014 5:07 pm

heavenly father wrote:thats good it would be a shame if we had to stop paying for all their prescriptions.

Favva, not quite sure on this prescription issue, but I THINK free prescriptions for Scots are funded by local government up here?

...possibly also from our allocation form central government?

If you had a Labour government ,just like the SNP...you would most likely have free prescriptions.

Funny though,some will say they don't want free prescriptions or need them, but in the same breath will greet. About how we up here have 'free prescriptions' but England don't!!!

I don't mean you Favva!!

But if you must insists then...Scotland has kept your cars running for years  Laughing 

You need a Labour government !  Laughing 

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Fri Feb 07, 2014 5:09 pm

Thats conservatives for you JD, envy, envy, envy lol

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Fri Feb 07, 2014 5:35 pm

Sassy wrote:Thats conservatives for you JD, envy, envy, envy lol

Thats conservatives for you JD, pay, pay, pay lol

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Fri Feb 07, 2014 5:38 pm

Tess. wrote:
Sassy wrote:Thats conservatives for you JD, envy, envy, envy lol

Thats conservatives for you JD, pay, pay, pay lol

Conservatives pay? I'd love to see the day, they need to pay for what they have done.

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Fri Feb 07, 2014 5:41 pm

Joy Division wrote:
heavenly father wrote:thats good it would be a shame if we had to stop paying for all their prescriptions.

Favva, not quite sure on this prescription issue, but I THINK  free prescriptions for Scots are funded by local government up here?

If you had a Labour government ,just like the SNP...you would most likely have free prescriptions.

Funny though,some will say they don't want free prescriptions or need them, but in the same breath will greet. About how we up here have 'free prescriptions' but England don't!!!

I don't mean you Favva!!

But if you must insists then...Scotland has kept your cars running for years  Laughing 

You  need a Labour government !  Laughing 

A leading human rights lawyer is planning a legal challenge to Scotland's university funding system. Phil Shiner said the policy breaches the European Convention on Human Rights by charging students from other parts of the UK to study north of the border.

Scottish students studying at home do not pay tuition fees while some 22,000 English students in Scotland do. The Scottish government has defended its policy and says it is acting within the law.

http://www.bbc.co.uk/news/uk-scotland-14607122

England versus Scotland: who's better off?

http://www.moneywise.co.uk/cut-your-costs/household-bills/england-versus-scotland-whos-better

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Fri Feb 07, 2014 5:43 pm

Joy Division wrote:

Favva, not quite sure on this prescription issue, but I THINK  free prescriptions for Scots are funded by local government up here?

I don't mean you Favva!!

i'm sure they are...not ...no oil of the coast of Britain has kept us going and lets face it, if it was never found this idea of independence would never have got off the ground.

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Fri Feb 07, 2014 6:10 pm

heavenly father wrote:
Joy Division wrote:

I don't mean you Favva!!

i'm sure they are...not ...no oil of the coast of Britain has kept us going and lets face it, if it was never found this idea of independence would never have got off the ground.

Na, my thoughts disagree with your there Favva, I think oil or not, independence ideas would still be around. :D 

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Fri Feb 07, 2014 6:12 pm

Tess. wrote:
Joy Division wrote:

I don't mean you Favva!!

A leading human rights lawyer is planning a legal challenge to Scotland's university funding system.  Phil Shiner said the policy breaches the European Convention on Human Rights by charging students from other parts of the UK to study north of the border.

Scottish students studying at home do not pay tuition fees while some 22,000 English students in Scotland do.  The Scottish government has defended its policy and says it is acting within the law.

http://www.moneywise.co.uk/cut-your-costs/household-bills/england-versus-scotland-whos-better

...but Scottish students studying south have to pay don't they Tess?

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Fri Feb 07, 2014 6:14 pm

Joy Division wrote:
Tess. wrote:

A leading human rights lawyer is planning a legal challenge to Scotland's university funding system.  Phil Shiner said the policy breaches the European Convention on Human Rights by charging students from other parts of the UK to study north of the border.

Scottish students studying at home do not pay tuition fees while some 22,000 English students in Scotland do.  The Scottish government has defended its policy and says it is acting within the law.

But they have a choice - pay more in England or study for free at home. The English don't have that choice.

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Fri Feb 07, 2014 6:19 pm

Tess. wrote:
Joy Division wrote:

But they have a choice - pay more in England or study for free at home.  The English don't have that choice.

Local government matter Tess, as far as Scotland goes, David Cameron is the bloke you need to speak to as far as to remedy this...

Should have voted Labour?, where the fees would never have been trebled! :D 

I agree that English students in England should not have to pay either.

Back to top Go down

Post by gerber Fri Feb 07, 2014 6:24 pm

Joy Division wrote:
Tess. wrote:
But they have a choice - pay more in England or study for free at home.  The English don't have that choice.

Local government matter Tess, as far as Scotland goes,  David Cameron is the bloke you need to speak to as far as to remedy this...

Sorry JD, bliar started the rot re uni fees. Voted through the House btw only because his Scottish liebour MPs voted for the rise - when at the same time stopping all fees for their own countrymen in Scottish unis.
gerber
gerber
Forum Detective ????‍♀️

Back to top Go down

Post by Irn Bru Fri Feb 07, 2014 9:40 pm

Joy Division wrote:
Tess. wrote:
Joy Division wrote:

Local government matter Tess, as far as Scotland goes,  David Cameron is the bloke you need to speak to as far as to remedy this...

Tuition fees for students who reside in Scotland are paid for out of the block grant that Westminster gives to run matters in Scotland so for that reason it wouldn't be right for any of the money to be used for students who don't live in Scotland.
English students who reside up here are entitled to free tuition fees just like any others who live here.

Hope that clarifies the situation.
Irn Bru
Irn Bru
The Tartan terror. Keeper of the royal sporran. Chief Haggis Hunter

Back to top Go down

Post by Irn Bru Fri Feb 07, 2014 9:42 pm

David Cameron was practically on his bended knees begging us to stay.

So does anyone want to try and convince me that I should vote to stay as part of the Union?

Smile 
Irn Bru
Irn Bru

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Fri Feb 07, 2014 9:43 pm

Irn Bru wrote:
Joy Division wrote:

Tuition fees for students who reside in Scotland are paid for out of the block grant that Westminster gives to run matters in Scotland so for that reason it wouldn't be right for any of the money to be used for students who don't live in Scotland.
English students who reside up here are entitled to free tuition fees just like any others who live here.

....I did wonder that Irn, thanks.

You called it right in your last post JD.

Back to top Go down

Post by Irn Bru Fri Feb 07, 2014 9:50 pm

Joy Division wrote:
Irn Bru wrote:
Joy Division wrote:

Hi JD. Somehow my words got mixed up in your post. My mistake.
Irn Bru
Irn Bru

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Fri Feb 07, 2014 10:45 pm

Irn Bru wrote:
Joy Division wrote:

Hi JD. Somehow my words got mixed up in your post. My mistake.

That's ok Irn  :D 

Hi btw!

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Fri Feb 07, 2014 10:56 pm

The thing which gets me is that many RW greet and whinge about English students studying in Scotland having to pay is they are so focused on scoring points on this issue and fail to realise the bigger issue of the coalition trebling tuition fees....

Scottish government are funding the free education for Scots out of our share of the UK money to be distributed amongst the home nations and if we did let English students also study for free, can you imagine the abuse of tuition up here that would happen?

Then the Scottish government would not be able to afford free places.

Back to top Go down

Post by Clarkson Fri Feb 07, 2014 11:03 pm

Why don't we get a say about whether Scotland should be allowed to stay in the union.

Anyone can answer me that.

There loads more English than Scots Welsh Irish put together. Guess what we get no say.

But the poor Scots say they have been suppressed. Bollocks!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Clarkson
Forum Detective ????‍♀️

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Fri Feb 07, 2014 11:08 pm

Clarkson wrote:Why don't we get a say about whether Scotland should be allowed to stay in the union.

There loads more English than Scots Welsh Irish put together. Guess what we get no say.

When have us Scots said England could never ask for independence Drinky?...

Back to top Go down

Post by Clarkson Fri Feb 07, 2014 11:11 pm

Jesus we haven't even got our own say on our own matters, You Jocks vote for us.

The largest nation in the UK was not given its own chamber by labour for a reason. It needs Scottish member to carry the vote. That my friend is how much the Labour party manipulated devolution to its own ends.

Clarkson
Forum Detective ????‍♀️

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Fri Feb 07, 2014 11:17 pm

lol! lol! lol! lol! lol! lol! lol! lol! lol! lol! lol! lol! lol! lol! lol! lol! lol! lol! lol! lol! lol! lol! lol! lol! lol! lol! lol! lol! lol! lol! 

And the Houses of Parliament are not a chamber for England now?

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Fri Feb 07, 2014 11:19 pm

Clarkson wrote:Jesus we haven't even got our own say on our own matters, You Jocks vote for us.

The largest nation in the UK was not given its own chamber by labour for a reason. It needs Scottish member to carry the vote. That my friend is how much the Labour party manipulated devolution to its own ends.

Wait a moment Drinky, when have Scotland ever said England can't have a referendum on English independence?...never.

You need to see David Cameron on that.

So why should Scotland not have the right to a referendum Drinky?

Back to top Go down

Post by Clarkson Fri Feb 07, 2014 11:44 pm

Sassy wrote:lol! lol! lol! lol! lol! lol! lol! lol! lol! lol! lol! lol! lol! lol! lol! lol! lol! lol! lol! lol! lol! lol! lol! lol! lol! lol! lol! lol! lol! lol! 

Are you deliberately obtuse or just thick? The Scots vote on English only matters we cant voteon Scots matters in Holyrrod. Keep up sassy.

We have no English only voting for English only bills. The only country in the union that hasn't courtesy of Labour.

Clarkson
Forum Detective ????‍♀️

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Fri Feb 07, 2014 11:48 pm

But if the Scots leave, apart from Wales it will be just for England, and Wales will soon want to go too. At the moment, HOC give orders about many things to Scotland.

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Fri Feb 07, 2014 11:48 pm

Clarkson wrote:
Sassy wrote:lol! lol! lol! lol! lol! lol! lol! lol! lol! lol! lol! lol! lol! lol! lol! lol! lol! lol! lol! lol! lol! lol! lol! lol! lol! lol! lol! lol! lol! lol! 

Are you deliberately obtuse or just thick? The Scots vote on English only matters we cant voteon Scots matters in Holyrrod. Keep up sassy.

We have no English only voting for English only bills. The only country in the union that hasn't courtesy of Labour.

But Drinky, as part of the British Union , the shots are called on things like welfare, defence etc from Westimster.

We only call the shots in Scotland on things like transport as they are now controlled by local government up here, our Scottish parliament....

Still being run by Westminster really.

So we fund out own tuition for Scots up here, what of it?

Last edited by Joy Division on Fri Feb 07, 2014 11:50 pm; edited 1 time in total

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Fri Feb 07, 2014 11:49 pm

Sassy wrote:But if the Scots leave, apart from Wales it will be just for England, and Wales will soon want to go too.   At the moment, HOC give orders about many things to Scotland.

Absolutely correct Sassy.

Back to top Go down

Post by Irn Bru Sat Feb 08, 2014 12:17 am

Clarkson wrote:Why don't we get a say about whether Scotland should be allowed to stay in the union.

And there are loads more English MPs than there are Scots MPs so work it out for yourself.
Irn Bru
Irn Bru

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down