NewsFix
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Should your fiancé ask your father for permission to propose? Outraged women slam the 'sexist' and 'outdated' tradition - but others claim the gesture is a sign of respect

+3
Original Quill
Cass
Maddog
7 posters

Page 2 of 2 Previous  1, 2

Go down

Should your fiancé ask your father for permission to propose? Outraged women slam the 'sexist' and 'outdated' tradition - but others claim the gesture is a sign of respect   - Page 2 Empty Should your fiancé ask your father for permission to propose? Outraged women slam the 'sexist' and 'outdated' tradition - but others claim the gesture is a sign of respect

Post by Guest Sat Jan 06, 2018 7:04 pm

First topic message reminder :

[*]Traditionally, a man must ask a woman's father for permission before proposing 

[*]Outraged Mumsnet users claim the 'sexist' tradition is now outdated 

[*]However others admitted they found it a 'sweet and respectful' gesture

Read more: http://www.dailymail.co.uk/femail/article-5228713/Should-ask-fathers-hand-marriage.html#ixzz53Qtg12LC 
Follow us: @MailOnline on Twitter | DailyMail on Facebook

Back to top Go down

Should your fiancé ask your father for permission to propose? Outraged women slam the 'sexist' and 'outdated' tradition - but others claim the gesture is a sign of respect   - Page 2 Empty Re: Should your fiancé ask your father for permission to propose? Outraged women slam the 'sexist' and 'outdated' tradition - but others claim the gesture is a sign of respect

Post by Eilzel Sun Jan 07, 2018 11:20 pm

I asked a question to Maddog, didge, based on his wording. He answered fairly enough. I asked another based on my own misunderstanding and now he's cleared that up. Thanks for your concern but you can drop that bone now.
Eilzel
Eilzel
Speaker of the House

Back to top Go down

Should your fiancé ask your father for permission to propose? Outraged women slam the 'sexist' and 'outdated' tradition - but others claim the gesture is a sign of respect   - Page 2 Empty Re: Should your fiancé ask your father for permission to propose? Outraged women slam the 'sexist' and 'outdated' tradition - but others claim the gesture is a sign of respect

Post by Guest Sun Jan 07, 2018 11:25 pm

Eilzel wrote:I asked a question to Maddog, didge, based on his wording. He answered fairly enough. I asked another based on my own misunderstanding and now he's cleared that up. Thanks for your concern but you can drop that bone now.

Typical patronizing wally, not even bothered if you were in the wrong.

So I will continue to call you out, if in the wrong.

Learn some bloody humility or that massive head of yours might explode from conceitedness.

Back to top Go down

Post by Eilzel Sun Jan 07, 2018 11:36 pm

Didge wrote:
Eilzel wrote:I asked a question to Maddog, didge, based on his wording. He answered fairly enough. I asked another based on my own misunderstanding and now he's cleared that up. Thanks for your concern but you can drop that bone now.

Learn some bloody humility or that massive head of yours might explode from conceitedness.

I admitted my mistake to Maddog, you are an irrelevance. I asked a question to Maddog based on his wording, yes it related to homosexuality, am I now not allowed to discuss such matters without you badgering about how I make everything about that? Take a look in the mirror sometime, I ignored your first two posts to me since they were effectively addressing the poster not the post.
Eilzel
Eilzel
Speaker of the House

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Sun Jan 07, 2018 11:40 pm

Eilzel wrote:
Didge wrote:

I admitted my mistake to Maddog, you are an irrelevance. I asked a question to Maddog based on his wording, yes it related to homosexuality, am I now not allowed to discuss such matters without you badgering about how I make everything about that? Take a look in the mirror sometime, I ignored your first two posts to me since they were effectively addressing the poster not the post.

What can I say?

This is how you perceive many people, as if they are beneath you and even worse if they question your motives, which as seen. I was not the only poster.

You then say about me addressing you, when you address Maddog? How much more can you show double standards?

So its okay for you to address Maddog, but if I do so in kind, you take offense and act like a two year old?

Hypocrisy much?

Back to top Go down

Post by Eilzel Sun Jan 07, 2018 11:47 pm

Didge wrote:
Eilzel wrote:
Didge wrote:

What can I say?

This is how you perceive many people, as if they are beneath you and even worse if they question your motives, which as seen. I was not the only poster.

You then say about me addressing you, when you address Maddog? How much more can you show double standards?

So its okay for you to address Maddog, but if I do so in kind, you take offense and act like a two year old?

Hypocrisy much?

I asked him a question related to his post.

Your first post to me was 'boring...blah blah homosexuality blah'.

See you difference?
Eilzel
Eilzel
Speaker of the House

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Sun Jan 07, 2018 11:51 pm

Eilzel wrote:
Didge wrote:

What can I say?

Hypocrisy much?

I asked him a question related to his post.

Your first post to me was 'boring...blah blah homosexuality blah'.

See you difference?

You asked him a personal question to see basically if he was homophobic or not and you have not the guts to admit that was your intent.

Hence you badgered him personally over how he would feel if his daughters had girlfriends and ask him out of respect. Even after he proved to you he was fine with them choosing what they want. You stepped up the personal views even further, over what he would think over them asking the mother?

Why?

Why ask unless you were trying to see if he had views at odds with yours or not?

Your post was boring, as you wanted to make it personal..

Back to top Go down

Post by Eilzel Sun Jan 07, 2018 11:54 pm

So you won't address your own hyoocrisy, no worries.

I admit it may have looked badgering, but it was the wording, maybe only I saw that but whatever, it was just a question. Nothing wrong with clearing something up.

Your first post to me was pointless.
Eilzel
Eilzel
Speaker of the House

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Sun Jan 07, 2018 11:57 pm

Eilzel wrote:So you won't address your own hyoocrisy, no worries.

I admit it may have looked badgering, but it was the wording, maybe only I saw that but whatever, it was just a question. Nothing wrong with clearing something up.

Oh so you finally admit and that you also admitted to Maddog you were mistaken.

That means you already had a preconcieved view did you not about him?

So I was not wrong at all about your intent, was I?

Back to top Go down

Post by Cass Mon Jan 08, 2018 1:34 am

You were not badgering and Maddog didn’t take it that way either.

Cass
Cass
the Nerd Queen of Nerds, the Lover of Books who Cooks

Back to top Go down

Post by Eilzel Mon Jan 08, 2018 1:54 am

Cass wrote:

You were not badgering and Maddog didn’t take it that way either.

Thanks Cass, I didn't think so either tbh.
Eilzel
Eilzel
Speaker of the House

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Mon Jan 08, 2018 7:50 am

FFS! It was a simple misunderstanding is all. It was not badgering and you dont need to explain anything

Back to top Go down

Post by Eilzel Mon Jan 08, 2018 8:53 am

gelico wrote:

FFS!  It was a simple misunderstanding is all.  It was not badgering and you dont need to explain anything

Appreciated, he does go on though Smile
Eilzel
Eilzel
Speaker of the House

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Mon Jan 08, 2018 9:22 am

Didge wrote:

And as seen I proved otherwise

As again why mistake the views of someone

So in your own time snowflake

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Mon Jan 08, 2018 9:26 am

gelico wrote:

FFS!  It was a simple misunderstanding is all.  It was not badgering and you dont need to explain anything

You are not judge and jury to decide

He is a big boy, and either can answer for his errors or cower away

simple

Back to top Go down

Post by Cass Mon Jan 08, 2018 7:03 pm

Didge wrote:
Didge wrote:

And as seen I proved otherwise

As again why mistake the views of someone

So in your own time snowflake

Why are you being like this? He has answered. Let it go.

Cass
Cass
the Nerd Queen of Nerds, the Lover of Books who Cooks

Back to top Go down

Page 2 of 2 Previous  1, 2