NewsFix
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Father outraged after teacher cuts his daughter’s hair without permission

5 posters

Go down

Father outraged after teacher cuts his daughter’s hair without permission Empty Father outraged after teacher cuts his daughter’s hair without permission

Post by eddie Wed Apr 21, 2021 7:02 pm

Father outraged after teacher cuts his daughter’s hair without permission 113f2710

A Michigan father is outraged after he said the staff at his bi-racial daughter’s school cut the 7-year-old’s hair without his permission recently.

Jimmy Hoffmeyer said the incident happened just before spring break. When he talked with someone from the school about what happened, he said it left him just as confused.

Hoffmeyer said his daughter got three haircuts that week - one from another student, one from an actual hairstylist and a third one from her teacher. The last one sent her home in tears and had her father demanding answers.

“Our kind of hair, you can’t just wet down and cut it because, and that’s when I feel like they should have, even if they were trying to do it in the kindest of their heart, once they seen the outcome, they should have been like, ‘Yeah, we messed up,’” he said. “We should probably call him and let him know what just happened.”

Hoffmeyer is waiting for an explanation as to how his daughter Jurnee was sent to school on a Wednesday with a full head of hair and came home a few days later missing most of her locks. He said the first cut was by another student on the bus ride home.

“I mean, I chalked it up because it was a child and you’re not thinking of any serious consequences having to do with a kid,” Hoffmeyer said.

He took the 7-year-old, whose hair had been down her back, to a salon that same day.

“So, what we did is we took her to the salon to get it cut as an asymmetrical,” Hoffmeyer said. “She had a little short here but long still to about her shoulders on this side.”

He then sent her off to school. The next time he saw his daughter, she was missing a lot more hair and was in tears. Jurnee said this haircut wasn’t at the hands of another student - this time it was by her teacher.

“After that teacher cut her hair, she was so embarrassed, so embarrassed that she had to go back to class like that,” Hoffmeyer said.

He contacted the school multiple times to find out exactly what happened and why a teacher would cut his child’s hair at school without permission. But he said those questions have gone unanswered.

Hoffmeyer said he received an apology, but the school won’t show him video of what happened either on the bus or in the school.

https://www.wistv.com/2021/04/20/father-outraged-after-teacher-cuts-his-daughters-hair-without-permission/?fbclid=IwAR3NjX7XerMdxKRHN1DWHL5Zg4FBV1gWvk6N3l80P7A8NPY2yYYG5DErHEo
eddie
eddie
King of Beards. Keeper of the Whip. Top Chef. BEES!!!!!! Mushroom muncher. Spider aficionado!

Back to top Go down

Father outraged after teacher cuts his daughter’s hair without permission Empty Re: Father outraged after teacher cuts his daughter’s hair without permission

Post by Ben Reilly Wed Apr 21, 2021 7:06 pm

I'd be ready to get arrested for punching somebody out over this.
Ben Reilly
Ben Reilly
King of Texas. Gigantic Killer Robot. Robin Hood of Epping Forest. Fifty Shades of Cray.

http://www.newsfixboard.com

Back to top Go down

Father outraged after teacher cuts his daughter’s hair without permission Empty Re: Father outraged after teacher cuts his daughter’s hair without permission

Post by eddie Wed Apr 21, 2021 7:13 pm

Ben Reilly wrote:I'd be ready to get arrested for punching somebody out over this.

Firstly, why does a child have scissors or a sharp implement, on a school bus? Secondly, why does a teacher think it’s okay to cut a pupil’s hair?
eddie
eddie
King of Beards. Keeper of the Whip. Top Chef. BEES!!!!!! Mushroom muncher. Spider aficionado!

Vintage and Syl like this post

Back to top Go down

Post by Maddog Wed Apr 21, 2021 7:57 pm

I can't quite figure out what that teacher was thinking?

Maybe the child was being teased and she wanted to help?

But you call parents and deal with snotty kids teasing before you turn into Edward Scissorhands.
Maddog
Maddog
The newsfix Queen

Syl likes this post

Back to top Go down

Post by eddie Wed Apr 21, 2021 7:58 pm

Maddog wrote:I can't quite figure out what that teacher was thinking?

Maybe the child was being teased and she wanted to help?

But you call parents and deal with snotty kids teasing before you turn into Edward Scissorhands.  

Absolutely! It’s actually insane. The whole story.
eddie
eddie

Back to top Go down

Post by Syl Wed Apr 21, 2021 11:57 pm

eddie wrote:
Ben Reilly wrote:I'd be ready to get arrested for punching somebody out over this.

Firstly, why does a child have scissors or a sharp implement, on a school bus? Secondly, why does a teacher think it’s okay to cut a pupil’s hair?

My thoughts exactly.
The parent should have wanted answers the first time the childs hair was cut by another kid.

The teacher obviously had no right to cut her hair....whatever her reasons were.
Syl
Syl
Forum Detective ????‍♀️

Back to top Go down

Post by Maddog Thu Apr 22, 2021 12:25 am

Syl wrote:
eddie wrote:

My thoughts exactly.
The parent should have wanted answers the first time the childs hair was cut by another kid.

The teacher obviously had no right to cut her hair....whatever her reasons were.

I'd have to ask my kids but I think they were allowed to have safety scissors when they were in elementary school.
Maddog
Maddog
The newsfix Queen

Back to top Go down

Post by Syl Thu Apr 22, 2021 12:27 am

Maddog wrote:
Syl wrote:

My thoughts exactly.

I'd have to ask my kids but I think they were allowed to have safety scissors when they were in elementary school.

I doubt safety scissors could cut hair.
Syl
Syl
Forum Detective ????‍♀️

Back to top Go down

Post by Maddog Thu Apr 22, 2021 12:37 am

Syl wrote:
Maddog wrote:

I doubt safety scissors could cut hair.

I think they could. Not very well, but they could do some damage.
Maddog
Maddog
The newsfix Queen

Back to top Go down

Post by Original Quill Thu Apr 22, 2021 2:21 am

Don't put yourself on the front line. That's what lawyers are for. Wink

Original Quill
Forum Detective ????‍♀️

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down