NewsFix
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

George Cloony gave one million dollars to 14 friends who helped him when he was a struggling actor.

4 posters

Go down

George Cloony gave one million dollars to 14 friends who helped him when he was a struggling actor. Empty George Cloony gave one million dollars to 14 friends who helped him when he was a struggling actor.

Post by Syl Fri Dec 15, 2017 1:28 pm

What a fabulous generous gesture to repay back the people who helped you when you most needed.
it.

http://metro.co.uk/2017/12/13/george-clooney-gifts-14-closest-friends-1-million-7155620/

It actually pays to be mates with George Clooney.
Our new life goal is to worm our way in to his circle of 14 close friends, as the generous actor once gifted his nearest and dearest a million dollars just for being his pals. Businessman Rande Gerber, Cindy Crawford’s husband, one of George’s BFFs, has spilled the beans on how the 56-year-old once decided to give back for all the good his friends had done him with the incredible gesture. During an interview on US show Headliners, the businessman said that Clooney had called the group and said: ‘”Hey, mark September 27th, 2013, on your calendar. Everyone’s going to come to my house for dinner.”‘
Gerber explained that when they arrived, they each received designer black luggage, which was waiting for them on the table. ‘George begins to say, “Listen, I want you guys to know how much you’ve meant to me and how much you mean to me in my life. ‘”I came to L.A., I slept on your couch. I’m so fortunate in my life to have all of you and I couldn’t be where I am today without all of you. So, it was really important to me that while we’re still all here together, that I give back. So I want you all to open your suitcases.”‘ And so they did – and what they found was a big stash of cash.

We open it up, and it’s a million dollars in $20 bills. Every one of us — 14 of us — got a million dollars. Every single one of us. ‘We’re in shock. Like, what is this? He goes, “I know we’ve all been through some hard times, some of you are still going through it. You don’t have to worry about your kids, you don’t have to worry about, you know, school, you don’t have to worry about paying your mortgage.”‘ Gerber continued that the money had been life-changing for some of the men sat around the table.
Syl
Syl
Forum Detective ????‍♀️

Back to top Go down

George Cloony gave one million dollars to 14 friends who helped him when he was a struggling actor. Empty Re: George Cloony gave one million dollars to 14 friends who helped him when he was a struggling actor.

Post by magica Fri Dec 15, 2017 1:49 pm

What a generous man. He simply gave back what he received.

That's how life should be, give to others who were kind to you or those down on their iluck whether you know them or not.
magica
magica
Forum Detective ????‍♀️

Back to top Go down

George Cloony gave one million dollars to 14 friends who helped him when he was a struggling actor. Empty Re: George Cloony gave one million dollars to 14 friends who helped him when he was a struggling actor.

Post by 'Wolfie Fri Dec 15, 2017 3:20 pm

clappy

$14 million to friends who's helped him out...

Plus he will have given $$millions$$ to charitable and humanitarian causes over the years, as well..

Then there's the human rights and humanitarian efforts that his wife Amal is involved in.   That couple probably demonstrates what genuine altruism and philanthropy can be..
'Wolfie
'Wolfie
Forum Detective ????‍♀️

Back to top Go down

Post by Cass Fri Dec 15, 2017 4:35 pm

Nice. And classy.
Cass
Cass
the Nerd Queen of Nerds, the Lover of Books who Cooks

Back to top Go down

Post by Syl Sat Dec 16, 2017 12:32 am

Cass wrote:Nice. And classy.

He is Cass....and gorgeous with it. Cool

He always comes across in interviews as a genuinly nice man, and this proves it.
Another George (Michael) who seemed genuinly nice, also appreciated his friends and never forgot a kindness.
It was only after his death that people spoke out about the vast amounts of money he gave to various charities and people in need....he never spoke about it himself.
Syl
Syl
Forum Detective ????‍♀️

Back to top Go down

Post by Cass Sat Dec 16, 2017 12:53 am

Syl wrote:
Cass wrote:Nice. And classy.

He always comes across in interviews as a genuinly nice man, and this proves it.
Another George (Michael) who seemed genuinly nice, also appreciated his friends and never forgot a kindness.
It was only after his death that people spoke out about the vast amounts of money he gave to various charities and people in need....he never spoke about it himself.

It’s just a shame he couldn’t help himself.
Cass
Cass
the Nerd Queen of Nerds, the Lover of Books who Cooks

Back to top Go down

Post by Syl Sat Dec 16, 2017 1:14 am

Cass wrote:
Syl wrote:

It’s just a shame he couldn’t help himself.

Yep....it was. So talented and yet so troubled.
Syl
Syl
Forum Detective ????‍♀️

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down