NewsFix
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

On Transgender Day of Remembrance, These Are 25 Trans People Killed, So Far, in 2017

Go down

On Transgender Day of Remembrance, These Are 25 Trans People Killed, So Far, in 2017 Empty On Transgender Day of Remembrance, These Are 25 Trans People Killed, So Far, in 2017

Post by Guest Mon Nov 20, 2017 1:25 pm

The year 2017 is already the deadliest on record for transgender Americans—and there’s still a month to go.

According to the Human Rights Campaign, at least 25 transgender people have been killed this year, surpassing 2016’s total of 23. The majority of victims were black transgender women. The youngest were just 17 years old; the oldest was 59.

https://www.thedailybeast.com/on-transgender-day-of-remembrance-these-are-25-trans-people-killed-so-far-in-2017-10

Back to top Go down

On Transgender Day of Remembrance, These Are 25 Trans People Killed, So Far, in 2017 Empty Re: On Transgender Day of Remembrance, These Are 25 Trans People Killed, So Far, in 2017

Post by eddie Mon Nov 20, 2017 5:57 pm

Sickening to think of people being killed so needlessly for something they couldn't help.
It saddens me.
eddie
eddie
King of Beards. Keeper of the Whip. Top Chef. BEES!!!!!! Mushroom muncher. Spider aficionado!

Back to top Go down

On Transgender Day of Remembrance, These Are 25 Trans People Killed, So Far, in 2017 Empty Re: On Transgender Day of Remembrance, These Are 25 Trans People Killed, So Far, in 2017

Post by Guest Mon Nov 20, 2017 6:01 pm

eddie wrote:Sickening to think of people being killed so needlessly for something they couldn't help.
It saddens me.

100% agree

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Mon Nov 20, 2017 6:13 pm

strange that in not one of these cases has it been confirmed that they had been killed BECAUSE they were transgender.

loads of people get shot stabbed and otherwise killed.

does this mean that everyone else who has been killed were killed because they were NOT transgender?

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Mon Nov 20, 2017 6:15 pm

gelico wrote:

strange that in not one of these cases has it been confirmed that they had been killed BECAUSE they were transgender.

does this mean that everyone else who has been killed were killed because they were NOT transgender?

Can you rule it out, that it was not down to prejudice?

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Mon Nov 20, 2017 6:18 pm

Didge wrote:
gelico wrote:

can you prove it was down to prejudice?

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Mon Nov 20, 2017 6:20 pm

gelico wrote:
Didge wrote:

With evidence, as can any case

Though at present I cannot prove without reading each case or the fact all evidence may not have turned up as of yet

Now can you rule out prejudice

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Mon Nov 20, 2017 6:44 pm

Didge wrote:
gelico wrote:

Though at present I cannot prove without reading each case or the fact all evidence may not have turned up as of yet

one was shot by police called by the mother. police arrived to find person covered in blood and holding a knife which he refused to put down and police shot him.

another one stabbed a neighbour and cut police and was shot dead by them

i dont suppose for a moment the trans issue came into it

at least two are not prejudice and the others dont say.

it's a very misleading article which implies they were killed solely for being transgender which is clearly not the case so i would be very wary of believing that the rest of them were either

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Mon Nov 20, 2017 6:46 pm

gelico wrote:
Didge wrote:

one was shot by police called by the mother.  police arrived to find person covered in blood and holding a knife which he refused to put down and police shot him.

another one stabbed a neighbour and cut police and was shot dead by them

i dont suppose for a moment the trans issue came into it

at least two are not prejudice and the others dont say.

it's a very misleading article which implies they were killed solely for being transgender which is clearly not the case so i would be very wary of believing that the rest of them were either

Does that rule out prejudice in some of the cases

There is very little information to go on and agree it could be construed as misleading, but I would never rule it out without clear cut evidence

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down