NewsFix
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

'Men should never be in women's toilets': Mother sparks fierce debate after she reveals that her husband accompanies their daughter, four, into the LADIES' loos

+3
magica
Raggamuffin
Original Quill
7 posters

Go down

'Men should never be in women's toilets': Mother sparks fierce debate after she reveals that her husband accompanies their daughter, four, into the LADIES' loos   Empty 'Men should never be in women's toilets': Mother sparks fierce debate after she reveals that her husband accompanies their daughter, four, into the LADIES' loos

Post by Guest Sun Nov 19, 2017 5:24 pm

[*]Mumsnet user said she had told her husband to take daughter to men's toilets
[*]Other parents on the site agreed he should not take her to the ladies' loos
[*]However, some had more sympathy and said they could understand his decision

Read more: http://www.dailymail.co.uk/femail/article-5097301/Mother-says-husband-takes-daughter-LADIES-loos.html#ixzz4ytpMtBeJ 
Follow us: @MailOnline on Twitter | DailyMail on Facebook

Back to top Go down

'Men should never be in women's toilets': Mother sparks fierce debate after she reveals that her husband accompanies their daughter, four, into the LADIES' loos   Empty Re: 'Men should never be in women's toilets': Mother sparks fierce debate after she reveals that her husband accompanies their daughter, four, into the LADIES' loos

Post by Original Quill Sun Nov 19, 2017 5:28 pm

I've seen that in reverse: ie, mother accompanies her son into the men's room.  Most of the guys are tolerant of it.

I've even heard of a mother who accompanied her son into a men's gym shower and locker room, and waited for him.  Perhaps that presents a bit more of a challenge.  Shocked

Original Quill
Forum Detective ????‍♀️

Back to top Go down

'Men should never be in women's toilets': Mother sparks fierce debate after she reveals that her husband accompanies their daughter, four, into the LADIES' loos   Empty Re: 'Men should never be in women's toilets': Mother sparks fierce debate after she reveals that her husband accompanies their daughter, four, into the LADIES' loos

Post by Raggamuffin Sun Nov 19, 2017 5:48 pm

I don't care very much really. It's not as if women are generally stripping off in the toilets or something.
Raggamuffin
Raggamuffin
Forum Detective ????‍♀️

Back to top Go down

Post by magica Sun Nov 19, 2017 9:42 pm

Most mums take their boys into the ladies, and I think this man was right to take her in there too. Men's toilets stink and what about men standing peeing in urinals, I doubt he wanted his little girl exposed to that.

I don't see the problem, women's toilets have doors so he can't exactly see them peeing now can he.
magica
magica
Forum Detective ????‍♀️

Back to top Go down

Post by Syl Sun Nov 19, 2017 11:48 pm

I always took my son in the ladies toilet which is pretty normal.
I have never personally seen a man take his daughter into a ladies toilet but I should think most reasonable women would find it perfectly acceptable.
Syl
Syl
Forum Detective ????‍♀️

Back to top Go down

Post by Cass Sun Nov 19, 2017 11:53 pm

Just have Unisex toilets and be done with it.

Also have large changing tables instead of small ones. People who care for children and adults with disabilities need to be able to change them safely instead of on the dirty floor.
Cass
Cass
the Nerd Queen of Nerds, the Lover of Books who Cooks

Back to top Go down

Post by Syl Mon Nov 20, 2017 12:02 am

Cass wrote:Just have Unisex toilets and be done with it.

Also have large changing tables instead of small ones. People who care for children and adults with disabilities need to be able to change them safely instead of on the dirty floor.

Lots of places do have unisex toilets now. A couple of restaurants locally have a separate toilet for ladies and a seperate unisex toilet, which I think is a good option especially for parents with youngsters.
Syl
Syl
Forum Detective ????‍♀️

Back to top Go down

Post by Cass Mon Nov 20, 2017 12:06 am

Syl wrote:
Cass wrote:Just have Unisex toilets and be done with it.

Lots of places do have unisex toilets now. A couple of restaurants locally have a separate toilet for ladies and a seperate unisex toilet, which I think is a good option especially for parents with youngsters.

It’s the way to go forward Syl in order to please everyone. Space is an issue , I get that and cost, especially for older buildings/businesses.

We are seeing more of them here.
Cass
Cass

Back to top Go down

Post by Syl Mon Nov 20, 2017 12:18 am

Cass wrote:
Syl wrote:

It’s the way to go forward Syl in order to please everyone. Space is an issue , I get that and cost, especially for older buildings/businesses.

I honestly think some women would object to anything.
Like has been said, ladies toilets have cubicles, so what if a man enters with a child?

I have a feeling that the mothers who object would be the very ones who insist on breast feeding no matter where they are regardless of who they are inconveniencing.
Syl
Syl
Forum Detective ????‍♀️

Back to top Go down

Post by Cass Mon Nov 20, 2017 12:29 am

Syl wrote:
Cass wrote:

I honestly think some women would object to anything.
Like has been said, ladies toilets have cubicles, so what if a man enters with a child?

I have a feeling that the mothers who object would be the very ones who insist on breast feeding no matter where they are regardless of who they are inconveniencing.

I personally don’t care about the bathrooms or breastfeeding. For the first, I get in do my business, wash hands and get out as fast as I can. It’s not a party. As for the second, if I happen to see it, I smile and then go about business.

There are some people on this good earth who are obsessed with other people’s private doings, whether it be marriage or sex or bathroom time. I really have no idea why as it doesn’t impact me in the slightest. Some will just complain about anything, some because it’s not exactly as they want it to be.
Cass
Cass

Back to top Go down

Post by Syl Mon Nov 20, 2017 12:37 am

I agree Cass. I do think that the people who complain the loudest are the very people who expect others to bow down to their every whim.
I like the saying...Live and let live. Cool

Syl
Syl
Forum Detective ????‍♀️

Back to top Go down

Post by 'Wolfie Mon Nov 20, 2017 2:25 am

Arrow

The woman in the O/P is a man-hating fool, and a bit of an unthinking troglodyte...

I have seen women enter men's toilets and changerooms over the years, for various reasons..

I have seen women take young sons into womens' toilets and changerooms..

I have seen young fathers take young (i.e. pre-school age) daughters into the mens' changeroom at a local gym'..
'Wolfie
'Wolfie
Forum Detective ????‍♀️

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Mon Nov 20, 2017 7:33 am

The solution is easy

The men just identify as female and hey presto it's all good.

Back to top Go down

Post by eddie Mon Nov 20, 2017 5:13 pm

I only ever use disabled toilets because quite frankly, women's toilets smell of unwashed fishy fannies and men's smell like piss.
eddie
eddie
King of Beards. Keeper of the Whip. Top Chef. BEES!!!!!! Mushroom muncher. Spider aficionado!

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Mon Nov 20, 2017 5:25 pm

eddie wrote:I only ever use disabled toilets because quite frankly, women's toilets smell of unwashed fishy fannies and men's smell like piss.

they probably smelled fine until you walked in

'Men should never be in women's toilets': Mother sparks fierce debate after she reveals that her husband accompanies their daughter, four, into the LADIES' loos   3489511464 'Men should never be in women's toilets': Mother sparks fierce debate after she reveals that her husband accompanies their daughter, four, into the LADIES' loos   3489511464

Back to top Go down

Post by eddie Mon Nov 20, 2017 5:56 pm

gelico wrote:
eddie wrote:I only ever use disabled toilets because quite frankly, women's toilets smell of unwashed fishy fannies and men's smell like piss.

they probably smelled fine until you walked in

'Men should never be in women's toilets': Mother sparks fierce debate after she reveals that her husband accompanies their daughter, four, into the LADIES' loos   3489511464 'Men should never be in women's toilets': Mother sparks fierce debate after she reveals that her husband accompanies their daughter, four, into the LADIES' loos   3489511464

I am always minty fresh. I use a special toothbrush.
eddie
eddie
King of Beards. Keeper of the Whip. Top Chef. BEES!!!!!! Mushroom muncher. Spider aficionado!

Back to top Go down

Post by Syl Mon Nov 20, 2017 7:06 pm

I hate to ask which establishments Eddie uses to encounter such aromas. snobby

One memorable ladies encounter I had once was I was waiting to use the loo (single toilet) and the loudest longest farts were coming from behind the door. If I hadn't been bursting I would have left it, but I hung on hoping the cubicle wouldn't smell too much when it was free...(I have quite a robust gagging reflex with certain smells)
Anyway, the chain was pulled and out walked the nicest little old lady, smiling at me sweetly.

I wanted to laugh but I didn't.
Syl
Syl
Forum Detective ????‍♀️

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Mon Nov 20, 2017 7:23 pm

Syl wrote:I hate to ask which establishments Eddie uses to encounter such aromas. snobby

One memorable ladies encounter I had once was I was waiting to use the loo (single toilet) and the loudest longest farts were coming from behind the door. If I hadn't been bursting I would have left it, but I hung on hoping the cubicle wouldn't smell too much when it was free...(I have quite a robust gagging reflex with certain smells)
Anyway, the chain was pulled and out walked the nicest little old lady, smiling at me sweetly.

hahahaha

one time i was working as a temp and had gone to lunch with one of the other girls

when we got back we headed to the loos and we had about 10 minutes to spare and decided to stay there and gossip
rather than go back to the office cos as soon as you sit down they expect you to get back to work straight away.
one of the other women burst in, rushed into the toilet and there was about 30 seconds of solid farting, a slight pause then it started again

we decided to start back at work 10 minutes early

Back to top Go down

Post by Cass Mon Nov 20, 2017 7:27 pm

gelico wrote:
Syl wrote:I hate to ask which establishments Eddie uses to encounter such aromas. snobby

hahahaha

one time i was working as a temp and had gone to lunch with one of the other girls

when we got back we headed to the loos and we had about 10 minutes to spare and decided to stay there and gossip
rather than go back to the office cos as soon as you sit down they expect you to get back to work straight away.
one of the other women burst in, rushed into the toilet and there was about 30 seconds of solid farting, a slight pause then it started again

lol!

That’s exactly why I don’t hang about. It’s bad enough living with Mr. C and his fragile digestive system.

I used to hate asparagus season in Germany because all the loos smelled even worse.
Cass
Cass

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Mon Nov 20, 2017 7:33 pm

Cass wrote:
gelico wrote:

hahahaha

lol!

That’s exactly why I don’t hang about. It’s bad enough living with Mr. C and his fragile digestive system.

I used to hate asparagus season in Germany because all the loos smelled even worse.

i have no idea why i found that so funny

'Men should never be in women's toilets': Mother sparks fierce debate after she reveals that her husband accompanies their daughter, four, into the LADIES' loos   3489511464

Back to top Go down

Post by Syl Mon Nov 20, 2017 7:39 pm

Apparently (useless fact coming up) only certain people are affected by odd aroma in wee after eating asparagus.

I am for one.
Syl
Syl
Forum Detective ????‍♀️

Back to top Go down

Post by eddie Mon Nov 20, 2017 7:41 pm

Syl wrote:Apparently (useless fact coming up) only certain people are affected by odd aroma in wee after eating asparagus.

I am for one.

Asparagus and coffee.
eddie
eddie

Back to top Go down

Post by Syl Mon Nov 20, 2017 7:44 pm

I'm OK on coffee....beetroot doesn't smell but it does look like you may be hemorraging internally if you eat loads. Shocked
Syl
Syl
Forum Detective ????‍♀️

Back to top Go down

Post by eddie Mon Nov 20, 2017 7:47 pm

Syl wrote:I'm OK on coffee....beetroot doesn't smell but it does look like you may be hemorraging internally if you eat loads. Shocked

Yes! Shocked
eddie
eddie

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Mon Nov 20, 2017 7:48 pm

Syl wrote:I'm OK on coffee....beetroot doesn't smell but it does look like you may be hemorraging internally if you eat loads. Shocked

lol, my dad used to grow that on his allotment when we were kids.

they had to take my elder brother to the doctor because he was ''weeing blood'' and the doctor took one look at his specimen and said ''hmmmm, does he eat much beetroot''?

Back to top Go down

Post by Cass Mon Nov 20, 2017 7:56 pm

gelico wrote:
Cass wrote:

lol!

i have no idea why i found that so funny

'Men should never be in women's toilets': Mother sparks fierce debate after she reveals that her husband accompanies their daughter, four, into the LADIES' loos   3489511464

I swear it’s true Cool

Syl I only get it when I eat the green type, never the white. Go figure.
Cass
Cass

Back to top Go down

Post by Syl Tue Nov 21, 2017 1:01 am

gelico wrote:

lol, my dad used to grow that on his allotment when we were kids.

they had to take my elder brother to the doctor because he was ''weeing blood'' and the doctor took one look at his specimen and said ''hmmmm, does he eat much beetroot''?

Well it can be quite alarming if you forgot you have eaten it. What a Face

Cass, I think I may be the same....I never buy white because its not always readily available, I will watch out for it though just to check.
Syl
Syl
Forum Detective ????‍♀️

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down