NewsFix
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Trump reverses ban on hunting endangered elephants

+8
Victorismyhero
Maddog
Andy
Syl
Original Quill
Raggamuffin
'Wolfie
Ben Reilly
12 posters

Page 1 of 2 1, 2  Next

Go down

Trump reverses ban on hunting endangered elephants  Empty Trump reverses ban on hunting endangered elephants

Post by Ben Reilly Fri Nov 17, 2017 4:08 am

The Trump administration is now allowing the remains of elephants legally hunted in Zimbabwe and Zambia to be imported to the United States as trophies, with officials signaling they will expand efforts to promote trophy hunting as a form of conservation.

African elephants are listed as threatened under the Endangered Species Act, but the U.S. Fish and Wildlife Service has determined that large sums paid for permits to hunt the animals could actually help them “by putting much-needed revenue back into conservation,” according to an agency statement late Wednesday.

Under the Obama administration, elephant-hunting trophies were allowed in South Africa and Namibia but not in Zimbabwe because Fish and Wildlife decided in 2015 that the nation had failed to prove that its management of elephants enhanced the population. At the time, Zimbabwe could not confirm its elephant population in a way that was acceptable to U.S. officials and did not demonstrate an ability to implement laws to protect it.

https://www.washingtonpost.com/news/animalia/wp/2017/11/15/trophies-from-elephant-hunts-in-zimbabwe-were-banned-in-the-u-s-trump-just-reversed-that/?utm_term=.3d8d866efa75
Ben Reilly
Ben Reilly
King of Texas. Gigantic Killer Robot. Robin Hood of Epping Forest. Fifty Shades of Cray.

http://www.newsfixboard.com

Back to top Go down

Trump reverses ban on hunting endangered elephants  Empty Re: Trump reverses ban on hunting endangered elephants

Post by 'Wolfie Fri Nov 17, 2017 4:15 am

Suspect

Now we can add some of the RW dictator Mugabe's corporate backers -- in this case, those cronies of his profiting from the illegal poaching trade -- onto the list of Donnie the Dumpster's friendly and god-fearing like-minded allies...
'Wolfie
'Wolfie
Forum Detective ????‍♀️

Back to top Go down

Trump reverses ban on hunting endangered elephants  Empty Re: Trump reverses ban on hunting endangered elephants

Post by Raggamuffin Fri Nov 17, 2017 8:30 am

He's always been a fan of trophy hunting. Nothing new there. Remember Cecil the lion?
Raggamuffin
Raggamuffin
Forum Detective ????‍♀️

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Fri Nov 17, 2017 9:51 am

The ban didn't work and some prominent conservationists believe that resuming trade in things like rhino horn and ivory could reduce poaching

Back to top Go down

Post by Original Quill Fri Nov 17, 2017 4:14 pm

Actually, it's for his son, Don Jr. Jr. is an avid elephant hunter.

So now we'll be awash in ivory carvings.

Original Quill
Forum Detective ????‍♀️

Back to top Go down

Post by Syl Fri Nov 17, 2017 6:06 pm

Utter bastard.
Syl
Syl
Forum Detective ????‍♀️

Back to top Go down

Post by Syl Fri Nov 17, 2017 6:21 pm

Original Quill wrote:Actually, it's for his son, Don Jr.  Jr. is an avid elephant hunter.

So now we'll be awash in ivory carvings.

Big brave man.

Trump reverses ban on hunting endangered elephants  2AF7099E00000578-0-image-a-26_1438270033591
Syl
Syl
Forum Detective ????‍♀️

Back to top Go down

Post by Andy Fri Nov 17, 2017 7:07 pm

He needs assassinating. Along with his dad.
Andy
Andy
Poet Laureate & Traveling Bard of NewsFix

Location : Winning the fight to drain the swamp of far right extremists.

Back to top Go down

Post by Maddog Fri Nov 17, 2017 7:33 pm

It's not really a ban on hunting, but a ban on the importation of the hunted animals. The US Fish and Wildlife service knows what it's doing, as do there counterparts in African nations. Elephant populations are feeling pressure in certain areas, but that is due to poaching, not legitimate hunters. All animal populations can be controlled while harvesting animals. That's why there's not a sheep shortage in Wales, in spite of millions of animals being harvested every year.
Maddog
Maddog
The newsfix Queen

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Fri Nov 17, 2017 7:36 pm

Maddog wrote:It's not really a ban on hunting, but a ban on the importation of the hunted animals. The US Fish and Wildlife service knows what it's doing, as do there counterparts in African nations. Elephant populations are feeling pressure in certain areas, but that is due to poaching, not legitimate hunters. All animal populations can be controlled while harvesting animals. That's why there's not a sheep shortage in Wales, in spite of millions of animals being harvested every year.

Come again?

Legitimate hunters?

Populations controlled?

based on who's premise?

Back to top Go down

Post by Maddog Fri Nov 17, 2017 7:48 pm

Didge wrote:
Maddog wrote:It's not really a ban on hunting, but a ban on the importation of the hunted animals. The US Fish and Wildlife service knows what it's doing, as do there counterparts in African nations. Elephant populations are feeling pressure in certain areas, but that is due to poaching, not legitimate hunters. All animal populations can be controlled while harvesting animals. That's why there's not a sheep shortage in Wales, in spite of millions of animals being harvested every year.

Come again?

Legitimate hunters?

Populations controlled?

based on who's premise?

Are you not familiar with game management? It's the same concept that is applied to domestic animals. It's why there is not a cow shortage (or any wildlife for that matter) in Texas.
Maddog
Maddog
The newsfix Queen

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Fri Nov 17, 2017 7:53 pm

Maddog wrote:
Didge wrote:

Come again?

Legitimate hunters?

Populations controlled?

based on who's premise?

Are you not familiar with game management? It's the same concept that is applied to domestic animals. It's why there is not a cow shortage (or any wildlife for that matter) in Texas.

Come again?

Game management?

You think that actually means something, based on your original point?

Back to top Go down

Post by Maddog Fri Nov 17, 2017 7:55 pm

Didge wrote:
Maddog wrote:

Come again?

Game management?

Yes. Conservation methods have been very successful. Is this really news to you?
Maddog
Maddog
The newsfix Queen

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Fri Nov 17, 2017 8:01 pm

Maddog wrote:
Didge wrote:

Come again?

Game management?

Yes. Conservation methods have been very successful. Is this really news to you?

Have they?

How many species are now extinct in the last decade?

Back to top Go down

Post by Maddog Fri Nov 17, 2017 8:04 pm

Didge wrote:
Maddog wrote:

Have they?

Where proper conservation methods were followed?

None that I know of.
Maddog
Maddog
The newsfix Queen

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Fri Nov 17, 2017 8:05 pm

Maddog wrote:
Didge wrote:

Have they?

None that I know of.  

bravo

You think that is a plus?

Back to top Go down

Post by Maddog Fri Nov 17, 2017 8:07 pm

Didge wrote:
Maddog wrote:

None that I know of.  

bravo

I think protecting all species is a plus. I like living in an area with an abundance of wildlife. But I'm a weirdo. Smile
Maddog
Maddog
The newsfix Queen

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Fri Nov 17, 2017 8:12 pm

there is not a sheep shortage in wales because the Welshmen get VERY lonely in the valleys

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Fri Nov 17, 2017 8:14 pm

smelly-bandit wrote:

there is not a sheep shortage in wales because the Welshmen get VERY lonely in the valleys

What a racist twat

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Fri Nov 17, 2017 8:15 pm

Maddog wrote:
Didge wrote:

bravo

I think protecting all species is a plus. I like living in an area with an abundance of wildlife. But I'm a weirdo. Smile  

By claiming there is not a sheep shortage in wales, based on your ignorance of biology and the fact you have the intellect of a toddler?

Its not even funny, its shows you are a twat and very much a racist twat at that

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Fri Nov 17, 2017 8:21 pm

Didge wrote:
smelly-bandit wrote:

What a racist twat

racist??

why??

Back to top Go down

Post by Victorismyhero Fri Nov 17, 2017 8:26 pm

Didge wrote:
Maddog wrote:
Didge wrote:

bravo

By claiming there is not a sheep shortage in wales, based on your ignorance of biology and the fact you have the intellect of a toddler?

Its not even funny, its shows you are a twat and very much a racist twat at that

erm...I think you owe maddog an appology????
Victorismyhero
Victorismyhero
INTERNAL SECURITY DIRECTOR

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Fri Nov 17, 2017 8:27 pm

smelly-bandit wrote:
Didge wrote:

What a racist twat

racist??

why??

You said there is not a sheep shortage, based on lonely welshmen

So what were you implying smelly?

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Fri Nov 17, 2017 8:29 pm

Lord Foul wrote:
Didge wrote:

erm...I think you owe maddog an appology????

Oh fuck off, on other threads he has been racist in mindset

do keep up eh

Back to top Go down

Post by Victorismyhero Fri Nov 17, 2017 8:32 pm

oh screw you, you are off on one again.....calm it down NOW
you cannot simply abuse everyone who disagrees with you....
Victorismyhero
Victorismyhero

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Fri Nov 17, 2017 8:34 pm

Lord Foul wrote:oh screw you, you are off on one again.....calm it down NOW
you cannot simply abuse everyone who disagrees with you....

What abuse?

have I broken any said rules and what abuse did I say?

If you reason your points, then fine

So I am can be called any name under the sun, but me calling a poster a racist who defends the south in the American civil war is an outrage?

Seriously fuck off

Back to top Go down

Post by Victorismyhero Fri Nov 17, 2017 8:37 pm

has maddog abused you?

have I pulled you up for giving back abuse to anyone else in tis instance?

why cant you just accept a bit of advice?

oh and dont tell me to fuck of when I'm modding....theres only one ending to that
Victorismyhero
Victorismyhero

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Fri Nov 17, 2017 8:41 pm

Lord Foul wrote:has maddog abused you?

have I pulled you up for giving back abuse to anyone else in tis instance?

why cant you just accept a bit of advice?

oh and dont tell me to fuck of when I'm modding....theres only one ending to that

So tell me how is calling someone a racist abuse?

Then exaplin why you pulled me up on this and not smelly's comments on the welsh and mugabe being a Black dog?

It seems to me you have no care of abuse

Mugabe maybe the lowest scum on the earth bujt smelly can get away with being hatefuk and racist and you pull me up over a mistaken  post i placed on Maddog, where it is irrelevant on his apologism to the Conferate south?

Jog on

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Fri Nov 17, 2017 8:46 pm

Okay.I mistook a post smelly made and thought it was Maddog
I apologise for that

I still think he is racist and an apologist for the confederacy

Does that make you happy Victor?

Back to top Go down

Post by Victorismyhero Fri Nov 17, 2017 8:53 pm

thats fine didge...and was my point...look where you are aiming eh

as for smelly I can only make the following observations

smellys description of mugabe is unfortunately in this instance spot on

He IS black
AND
He's a dog (at best, though I think thats a slur on dogs in general)

as for his Welsh comments...oh dear god give it a rest

they aint the only ones to be labled sheepshaggers (think yourkshiremen, derbyshire hill men and the hapless wights of the sussex downs)
hell I've even told veya he's a sheep shagger....but HE reckons thats New Zeland

methinks you are getting a woody out of being outraged on behalf of someone else, without their permission and with no cause to be...a trait i thought was totally lefty....you havnt crossed the house have you?
Victorismyhero
Victorismyhero

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Fri Nov 17, 2017 8:58 pm

Lord Foul wrote:thats fine didge...and was my point...look where you are aiming eh

as for smelly I can only make the following observations

smellys description of mugabe is unfortunately in this instance spot on

He IS black
AND
He's a dog (at best, though I think thats a slur on dogs in general)

as for his Welsh comments...oh dear god give it a rest

they aint the only ones to be labled sheepshaggers (think yourkshiremen, derbyshire hill men and the hapless wights of the sussex downs)
hell I've even told veya he's a sheep shagger....but HE reckons thats New Zeland

methinks you are getting a woody out of being outraged on behalf of someone else, without their permission and with no cause to be...a trait i thought was totally lefty....you havnt crossed the house have you?

Wow

He is a criminal and yet you and smelly went off the fact that he is labelled black and fail to see that is often used to describe black people with animals and in this case dogs.

You accept this scenario because mugabe is a criminal

You then come out with the biggest claptrap to say, that others receive hate, as if this makes it okay

Seriously, fuck off, you have become a joke

The moment you excuse the fact smelly made something very racist and you then say its okay, becausee Mugabe is scum, you invoke the fact he is arguing off racism itself and you are too bloody shortsighted to see this

Back to top Go down

Post by Victorismyhero Fri Nov 17, 2017 9:14 pm

so...what are you saying??

mugabe ISNT black???

oh right....

erm

scuse me while I rub my eyes and have another look.......
aaannnd...all colours get called in with animals...I have heard white pig often enough, along with christian swine Trump reverses ban on hunting endangered elephants  2190311264

and calling a welshman a sheepshagger isnt race hate didge...however much you want it to be

its generally used like folks use "you geranium" in reference to their mates....

indeed the land owner within whos farm our wood is situated asked me if I'd brought me green wellies...being as I was now a sort of "honorary welshman" as he put it

If THEY dont care why should you?

Victorismyhero
Victorismyhero

Back to top Go down

Post by Victorismyhero Fri Nov 17, 2017 9:16 pm

in fact the ONLY welsh person I know of that took great exception to being called a sheep shagger was..........Seren......
Victorismyhero
Victorismyhero

Back to top Go down

Post by Victorismyhero Fri Nov 17, 2017 9:18 pm

oh and how??? just HOW?????? can I possibly, in any way be "racist" to a yorkshireman???

thats like saying a black man who calls another black man "ni**er" is being racist......

WOT?

Victorismyhero
Victorismyhero

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Fri Nov 17, 2017 9:19 pm

Lord Foul wrote:so...what are you saying??

mugabe ISNT black???

oh right....

erm

aaannnd...all colours get called in with animals...I have heard white pig often enough, along with christian swine  Trump reverses ban on hunting endangered elephants  2190311264

and calling a welshman a sheepshagger isnt race hate didge...however much you want it to be

its generally used like folks use "you geranium" in reference to their mates....

indeed the land owner within whos farm our wood is situated asked me if I'd brought me green wellies...being as I was now a sort of "honorary welshman" as he put it

Simple fact here

Does anyone ever class Hitler as a white dog?

Stalin as a white Dog?

You see how the racist mindset is, as would you ever class either as a white dog?

No, you may call them a dog, but the inherant racist in you, allows a racist slur to stand

Why not just call him a dog, but the word black, inheranty makes it racial and you know it certainly does.

No races exist, but does that mean racism does not exist?

Yes we all make jokes about the welsh, and the Irish, and the Scottish, but I would love to see you get out of the bullshit you will excuse on saying its okay to cal him a black dog

Do you need a white pointy hat mate?

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Fri Nov 17, 2017 9:26 pm

Now Victor knows I am right, lets see if he admits to this??

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Fri Nov 17, 2017 9:35 pm

I used to think there was no longer institutional racism

I just proved myself wrong, as it does exist.

It took a forum to prove it certainly does exist and by their silence it does

Wow

I owe Quill an apology

Back to top Go down

Post by Maddog Fri Nov 17, 2017 9:49 pm

Didge wrote:
Maddog wrote:

I get called all manner of names, doesn't bother me in the least. But I do understand biology and conservation. Which is why I have no issue with harvesting animals as long as there has been a census of those animals and the harvest is directed at the correct animals in terms of age, gender, location and animal quality.
Maddog
Maddog
The newsfix Queen

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Fri Nov 17, 2017 9:53 pm

Maddog wrote:
Didge wrote:

I get called all manner of names, doesn't bother me in the least. But I do understand biology and conservation. Which is why I have no issue with harvesting animals as long as there has been a census of those animals and the harvest is directed at the correct animals in terms of age, gender, location and animal quality.

Which is essentially based on a premise you percive is it not?
That you feel comfortable over?
Do not worry, I am a hypocrite and do eat meat

Back to top Go down

Post by Victorismyhero Fri Nov 17, 2017 10:04 pm

Didge wrote:
Lord Foul wrote:so...what are you saying??

mugabe ISNT black???

oh right....

erm

aaannnd...all colours get called in with animals...I have heard white pig often enough, along with christian swine  Trump reverses ban on hunting endangered elephants  2190311264

Simple fact here

Does anyone ever class Hitler as a white dog?

Stalin as a white Dog?

You see how the racist mindset is, as would you ever class either a a white dog?

depends on context and audience didge....and I wouldnt use the term dog for either of them actually, murdering bastard comes easier to mind...
you are in general correct I wouldnt refer to them as white murdering bastards...simply becasue the fact they are white and so am I leads to a certain lazyness in use of language....they are "my" murdering bastards if you like and NOT including their colour is more an acceptance of that fact than anything else. However IF i want to be specific I MAY say that soviet murdering bastard or that german murdering bastard.....IF I was talking about Rhodes, I wouldnt say specifically that english murdering bastard (unless context required it) since the fact I'm english and so was he means that I again accept he was "my" murdering bastard.....(Note of course that THIS particular point is in reality ONLY valid if the audience knows or can safely assume I'm english)

No, you may call them a dog, but the inherant racist you allows a racist slur to stand

Why not just call him a dog, but the word black, inheranty makes it racial and you know it certainly does

No races exist, but does that mean racism does not exist?

hmmm...I'd say the jury of semantics is out on that one ATM.......

the argumentative bugger in me says you cant have an epithet based on a concept that doesnt exist.........sorry, you will have to fine a new name for it.....

Yes we all make jokes about the welsh, and the Irish, and the Scottish, but I would love to see you get out of the bullshit you will excuse on saying its okay to cal him a black dog

Do you need a white pointy hate mate?

And, despite all the twaddle you have put forth this business of "no such thing as race" is patently no more scientifically sound than eugenics in the 30's.

clearly there are differences between peoples of different areas, Visible differences, not just in skin colour but in staure and facial features too. Now Dont tell me thats not genetic differences or that it doesnt follow the rules of genetics and MUST therefor be a genetically inherited trait.

there are EVEN genetic variences within "racial groups" you talk about "caucasians2 and we have identifiable "sub groups" within that, the tall, blond haired, blue eyed slavics..the short stout red haired danish (why do you think geordies are short fat and red haired (very often)..(hint danegeld)

the well built dark haired irish (and some welsh) (of pictish descent)
etc

all these are genetics at work,,,,

I'm well aware of the work thats been done in a desperate attempt to deny "races" but one has to ask what was their core starting point....how big a difference did they define as being necessary to define a race...?

1 gene ? 2?

would a mere codon do?

it strikes me as these people firstly set their own definition of the degree of gene seperation needed to define a race and then proceeded to prove that it didnt exist...how convenient.....

I mean seriously ...are you telling me theres no discernable difference between me an my hottentot friend?

who is immensely tall, as far through as a biro refil, black as black can be...seriously I have never met anyone blacker...and is both facially and in otherways totally distinct.....whereas I'm short and stout, sort of pinkish where the sun dont hit and a sort of bit brown where it does,

only YOU would get the two of us confused didge...only you

NOW...I would be the first to say that visually is where the difference ends...in every way he is my equal, (and athletically by far my superior, even allowing for the fact he's a bit younger), hes a damn good el tech, and very smart (wise)...BUT he IS different, physically, emotionally, and possibly even intellectually, since he seems to arrive at solutions to problems in some ways totally opaque to me(but maybe thats just a gift he has, some people have totally unfathomable abilities in problem solving)

Victorismyhero
Victorismyhero

Back to top Go down

Post by Maddog Fri Nov 17, 2017 10:04 pm

Didge wrote:
Maddog wrote:

I wouldn't call wildlife biology a premise. It's an actual scientific endeavor.
Maddog
Maddog
The newsfix Queen

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Fri Nov 17, 2017 10:07 pm

Maddog wrote:
Didge wrote:

Well then tell me what you do?

Convince me?

Back to top Go down

Post by Maddog Fri Nov 17, 2017 10:10 pm

Didge wrote:
Maddog wrote:

Well then tell me what you do?

Convince me?

I listen to the wildlife biologists, and only harvest animals that they have directed me to harvest.
Maddog
Maddog
The newsfix Queen

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Fri Nov 17, 2017 10:10 pm

Didge wrote:
smelly-bandit wrote:

racist??

why??

Well you tell me didge.

Do you make a habit of accusing people of racism without understanding what they are talking about??

What was I implying didge that made you think I was racist??

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Fri Nov 17, 2017 10:16 pm

smelly-bandit wrote:
Didge wrote:

Well you tell me didge.

Do you make a habit of accusing people of racism without understanding what they are talking about??

Simple Smelly

You called Mugabe a black dog

Have you ever called Hilary a white dog?

Take your time answering that?

Back to top Go down

Post by JulesV Sat Nov 18, 2017 12:25 am

Oooooh look at all the animals we've just shot mummy,
aren't we clever! 

Rolling Eyes

Trump reverses ban on hunting endangered elephants  36a5c54ac6a731fde134e7a25e8d9a44

Trump reverses ban on hunting endangered elephants  0414f3807daf2dc255564ea97f8b10bf[/quote]

JulesV
Forum Detective ????‍♀️

Back to top Go down

Post by 'Wolfie Sat Nov 18, 2017 3:39 am

smelly-bandit wrote:
Didge wrote:

Well you tell me didge.

Laughing

Nobody has to either wonder if you're a racist, think that you may be a racist, or imply that you are a racist,  SmellyFascistBumski...

You have posted so much racially based, xenophobic, hatemongering and divisive drivel over the years, that you leave no doubt over your racist, fascist and pro-Apartheid proclivities..

You, Smelly', are clearly the one individual on NF who has no hope of defending yourself against anybody labelling you a "racist" --  using any definition of that term.
'Wolfie
'Wolfie
Forum Detective ????‍♀️

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Sat Nov 18, 2017 6:10 am

Didge wrote:
smelly-bandit wrote:

Well you tell me didge.

Simple Smelly

Errrrrr

The conversation was about mugabe and not about Hitler??

Why would I randomly scream "Hitler is a white dog" in a conversation about mugabe?? scratch

Secondly what you appear to be saying is that its OK to be racist towards black, but ONLY if you are racist towards whites first.

Do you want me to say Hitler is a white dog?

OK

Hitler is a white dog

Happy now??

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Sat Nov 18, 2017 6:25 am

smelly-bandit wrote:
Didge wrote:

Simple Smelly

Errrrrr

Why would I randomly scream "Hitler is a white dog" in a conversation about mugabe?? scratch

Secondly what you appear to be saying is that its OK to be racist towards black, but ONLY if you are racist towards whites first.

OK

Hitler is a white dog

Happy now??

Not at all, because you have only now said because i exposed you as a racist retard

Thanks though for admitting you were being racist and the mods are afraid to act with you

Not that I want you moderated, its more about the PC of the mods themselves.

Its like they seem to think they will lose if they do moderate you.

Idiots

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Sat Nov 18, 2017 6:53 am

Didge wrote:
smelly-bandit wrote:

Errrrrr

OK

Hitler is a white dog

Happy now??

Not at all, because you have only now said because i exposed you as a racist retard

Thanks though for admitting you were being racist and the mods are afraid to act with you

Not that I want you moderated, its more about the PC of the mods themselves.

Its like they seem to think they will lose if they do moderate you.

Idiots

There isn't anything TO moderate.

If you were a mod, what would you do??

What is it you think the mods should be doing to me, and for what reasons??

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down

Page 1 of 2 1, 2  Next