NewsFix
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Funeral payments from the social fund...

Go down

Funeral payments from the social fund... Empty Funeral payments from the social fund...

Post by Guest Tue Feb 04, 2014 11:00 pm

...i knew an old guy who just lost his wife a few weeks back, they were both old, so not quite a surprise, but ashame all the same, that wifie was his life for the last 56 uears or so, must be awful.

Anyway, he has been retired for a while, not sure of his finances , but seemingly he struggled to get a few hundred from the social fund, the funeral was over £3,000 he said, while I think it is a great thing that those with little money can get some assistance in paying for a funeral at a very hard time, how the hell is this old guy....who I assume has been living on his pension for the last 15-20 years or so, supposed to foot a bill of over £3k?

I don't think he has money coming out his arse, but of course I only say this as they have lived so normally , they lived on their pension and their house just looked like that of any other pensioners, in honesty I think they struggled quite a bit....

I would sometimes go for odds and ends to the shops for them as the old guy was not so good on his feet, proud he was and would tell me he was fine and that he could manage, but I saw it in his face, he was pretty fucking far from fine and will be worse now...I often pretended I was going to the shops anyhow.

All life's struggles just to get fcuked over from a government who sits back and let's energy companies manipulate and rob us, a government who introduced the bedroom tax, a government who support the rich , a government who devoid of decency and morals , a government sneering at the rich....

This old guy told me filling in the form to from the social fund was like writing a book, and had to have his daughter help him....

A few hundred quid ffs, what about the rest?, the old guy lives on a pension ffs, and his only kid..his daughter is physically disabled.

Sad

Back to top Go down

Funeral payments from the social fund... Empty Re: Funeral payments from the social fund...

Post by Guest Tue Feb 04, 2014 11:18 pm

I buried, or rather cremated my gran, using social assistance..I was the only one left living in London.

Back to top Go down

Funeral payments from the social fund... Empty Re: Funeral payments from the social fund...

Post by Guest Tue Feb 04, 2014 11:23 pm

Catman wrote:I buried, or rather cremated my gran, using social assistance..I was the only one left living in London.

I'm sorry to hear that Phil, did you only get so much paid Phil ?, not meaning to prey Phil...

Just that I'm now thinking of giving that old guy some money to help out, but not sure if he will take it as it took him to push aside some of his pride to apply in the first place.

I've know him a few years now, and I'm thinking of a way to help him out financially without him being offended.

Back to top Go down

Post by veya_victaous Wed Feb 05, 2014 2:08 am

@JD
tell him it's "with repects to his missus. gov't may not have heart but people still do"

I say do it, the worst he will say is no, and in truth if he does need it, having someone offer is better than having to ask.  Neutral 
veya_victaous
veya_victaous
The Mod Loki, Minister of Chaos & Candy, Emperor of the Southern Realms, Captain Kangaroo

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down