NewsFix
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Divorced Indian Women Not Entitled To Maintenance Payments If They Have Another Relationship

3 posters

Go down

Divorced Indian Women Not Entitled To Maintenance Payments If They Have Another Relationship Empty Divorced Indian Women Not Entitled To Maintenance Payments If They Have Another Relationship

Post by Guest Fri Aug 21, 2015 5:11 pm

Divorced women who go on to have another relationship will not be entitled to any maintenance payments from their ex-husbands, a top Indian court has ruled. Sitting at Madras High Court, Justice S Nagamuthu said that a woman would be committing adultery by having a relationship with another man and so would be disqualified from claiming maintenance from her former husband. According to the Indian Express, he said: “Since a man carries an obligation to maintain his divorced wife, the woman also carries the obligation not to live in a relationship with another man.

http://www.huffingtonpost.co.uk/2015/08/21/divorced-indian-women-maintenance-payments-relationship_n_8020696.html?utm_hp_ref=uk

Back to top Go down

The author of this message was banned from the forum - See the message

Divorced Indian Women Not Entitled To Maintenance Payments If They Have Another Relationship Empty Re: Divorced Indian Women Not Entitled To Maintenance Payments If They Have Another Relationship

Post by Raggamuffin Fri Aug 21, 2015 7:11 pm

Fuzzy Zack wrote:The definition of adultery is strange.

But spousal maintainence payments stop after remarriage in the UK also.

Or sometimes if the woman lives with another guy too.
Raggamuffin
Raggamuffin
Forum Detective ????‍♀️

Back to top Go down

Divorced Indian Women Not Entitled To Maintenance Payments If They Have Another Relationship Empty Re: Divorced Indian Women Not Entitled To Maintenance Payments If They Have Another Relationship

Post by Guest Fri Aug 21, 2015 7:14 pm

Having a relationship does not mean they are as one living together.
That could mean just 3 dates say and her payements are stopped based off this.
It needs to be clearly defined and also even if she was in a relationship for a year and that ended then what?

Back to top Go down

Post by Raggamuffin Fri Aug 21, 2015 7:22 pm

Fuzzy Zack wrote:
Raggamuffin wrote:

Or sometimes if the woman lives with another guy too.

Probably of they're living together for so long that it's a marriage in all but name.

But definitely if you remarry or enter a "civil relationship". And even then, if you have a good lawyer, may not drop to zero.

From what I understand, it's about maintaining the same life style as during marriage. A new relationship may subsidise that life style.

Not the same lifestyle - that would be impossible on one salary or with two households instead of one. Each ex partner is supposed to have an equal financial lifestyle - for a while anyway. Eventually, it's hoped that the person receiving maintenance will fund their own lifestyle.
Raggamuffin
Raggamuffin
Forum Detective ????‍♀️

Back to top Go down

Post by Ben Reilly Fri Aug 21, 2015 11:17 pm

Ugh, what a horrible policy! I support the notion of child support payments -- if you bring a kid into this world and are able to help support s/he, you should. Other than that, shouldn't being divorced mean you no longer owe your ex-partner anything?
Ben Reilly
Ben Reilly
King of Texas. Gigantic Killer Robot. Robin Hood of Epping Forest. Fifty Shades of Cray.

http://www.newsfixboard.com

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Fri Aug 21, 2015 11:26 pm

Ben_Reilly wrote:Ugh, what a horrible policy! I support the notion of child support payments -- if you bring a kid into this world and are able to help support s/he, you should. Other than that, shouldn't being divorced mean you no longer owe your ex-partner anything?

Bang on the money.
Any reason to deny this is to deny responsibility as a parent.

Back to top Go down

Post by Raggamuffin Sat Aug 22, 2015 7:15 am

Ben_Reilly wrote:Ugh, what a horrible policy! I support the notion of child support payments -- if you bring a kid into this world and are able to help support s/he, you should. Other than that, shouldn't being divorced mean you no longer owe your ex-partner anything?

You mean you disapprove of maintenance payments for the women?

This isn't about child maintenance.
Raggamuffin
Raggamuffin
Forum Detective ????‍♀️

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Sat Aug 22, 2015 7:39 am

Raggamuffin wrote:

What do you think maintenance paymenmts are if not also for children?

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Sat Aug 22, 2015 10:39 am

And we see that Zack continues to act like an immature child.
So Zack thinks children do not receive maintenance payments now to the mother of children, maybe they do not in India I have no idea.

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Sat Aug 22, 2015 11:09 am

Pathetic, you are broing me now, either debate or jog on.
I understand how the system works.
You are that tedious now

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Sat Aug 22, 2015 11:50 am

Boring.
When you start acting with maturity we can continue.
My view here was wether also the child maintenace to the mother would also be effected being as this is already one dodgy ruling.
But then you did not stop to think what I was actually saying
Now either grow up or jog on you immature child

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Sat Aug 22, 2015 11:54 am

Yes its called making a point which now you realise is valid to question in regards to where this is already dodgy. So all that stupid comments were for nothing but proving you cannot debate in an adult fashion.

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Sat Aug 22, 2015 11:59 am

Hilarious, where my point is still valid, and evenb funnier because I made you look silly on the other thread.
Shows how desperate you are to beat me in debates.
ha ha ha

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Sat Aug 22, 2015 12:03 pm

Tease? ha ha ha ha
I am very clam sunshine, just laughing at how desperate you are in wanting to better me in debates. That shows you have an obsession, which clearly means I easily wind you up.

Back to top Go down

Post by Raggamuffin Sat Aug 22, 2015 6:38 pm

Cuchulain wrote:
Raggamuffin wrote:

What do you think maintenance paymenmts are if not also for children?

For the ex-wife or husband Didge. The article said nothing about maintenance for children. I don't know how it works in India, but in the UK they are separate issues.
Raggamuffin
Raggamuffin
Forum Detective ????‍♀️

Back to top Go down

Post by Ben Reilly Sat Aug 22, 2015 6:43 pm

Raggamuffin wrote:

Yeah, I do. Divorce should be a way for two people to cut ties; maintenance payments make this impossible. I'd disapprove of it for either gender but as it stands it's also quite sexist.
Ben Reilly
Ben Reilly
King of Texas. Gigantic Killer Robot. Robin Hood of Epping Forest. Fifty Shades of Cray.

http://www.newsfixboard.com

Back to top Go down

Post by Raggamuffin Sat Aug 22, 2015 7:56 pm

Ben_Reilly wrote:
Raggamuffin wrote:

Yeah, I do. Divorce should be a way for two people to cut ties; maintenance payments make this impossible. I'd disapprove of it for either gender but as it stands it's also quite sexist.

Sometimes it's necessary to have spousal maintenance - at least for a while. There was a case not long back in the UK where a woman was told to get off her arse and get a job instead of relying on her husband. Laughing

It is possible to find work that fits in with childcare responsibilities. I reject her other reasons relating to responsibilities for animals, or trees, or housekeeping.

http://www.telegraph.co.uk/news/uknews/law-and-order/11429864/Divorced-wife-told-to-get-a-job-and-stop-living-off-her-ex.html
Raggamuffin
Raggamuffin
Forum Detective ????‍♀️

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down