NewsFix
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Don’t Forget To Look Up And See The ‘Beaver Moon’ Tonight

4 posters

Go down

Don’t Forget To Look Up And See The ‘Beaver Moon’ Tonight Empty Don’t Forget To Look Up And See The ‘Beaver Moon’ Tonight

Post by eddie Sat Nov 04, 2017 6:08 pm

Don’t Forget To Look Up And See The ‘Beaver Moon’ Tonight Img_8110

If you live in the UK and are a fan of astronomical phenomena then this weekend will give you a fantastic sight to sink your teeth into.

That's because the skies will be lit up tonight by a giant 'beaver' moon that will appear 14 percent larger and almost a third brighter than normal.

The supermoon will also take place on Saturday night, meaning that you will have a great chance at getting a glimpse of it, you lucky bastards.

"It should be a really beautiful sight," explained Royal Observatory astronomer Tom Kerss.

"It's worth noting that the best time to see any object in the sky is when it's as high it can be, so really around midnight."

A supermoon is the name given to a full moon that occurs when the moon is at its closest point to Earth during its lunar orbit.

This makes the satellite appear larger and brighter than it usually does to us on Earth. That's the science out of the way.

The 'beaver moon' (don't laugh), the name given to the November supermoon, was given its name by Native American tribes and the original American colonists.

They traditionally called it the 'beaver moon' because November was a common time for them to catch beavers for fur before winter arrived.

http://www.ladbible.com/technology/technology-dont-forget-to-look-up-and-see-the-beaver-moon-tonight-20171103
eddie
eddie
King of Beards. Keeper of the Whip. Top Chef. BEES!!!!!! Mushroom muncher. Spider aficionado!

Back to top Go down

Don’t Forget To Look Up And See The ‘Beaver Moon’ Tonight Empty Re: Don’t Forget To Look Up And See The ‘Beaver Moon’ Tonight

Post by Guest Sat Nov 04, 2017 6:10 pm

I must have a dirty mind when I read the headline. I thought this was an article about a crack in the moon.

Laughing

Back to top Go down

Don’t Forget To Look Up And See The ‘Beaver Moon’ Tonight Empty Re: Don’t Forget To Look Up And See The ‘Beaver Moon’ Tonight

Post by eddie Sat Nov 04, 2017 8:15 pm

Men. Rolling Eyes

Don’t Forget To Look Up And See The ‘Beaver Moon’ Tonight 2794048296
eddie
eddie
King of Beards. Keeper of the Whip. Top Chef. BEES!!!!!! Mushroom muncher. Spider aficionado!

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Sat Nov 04, 2017 8:16 pm

eddie wrote:Men. Rolling Eyes

Don’t Forget To Look Up And See The ‘Beaver Moon’ Tonight 2794048296

Sorry Eddie, I could not resist

Laughing

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Sat Nov 04, 2017 8:22 pm

Nah, it's a Full Frost Moon

Don’t Forget To Look Up And See The ‘Beaver Moon’ Tonight 23130627_942444819237798_4290198160546426187_n

Tonight is the Full Frost Moon, so called because the frost and ice will start to set in as the earth grows colder, animals will start to hibernate for the winter months, the last leaves will fall from the trees and the land will become barren. The Moon is rising in the constellation of Taurus. We are amidst some strong planetary alignments that are heralding a need for profound change and revolution inside and out. Our attitude is of foremost importance during this time and can empower us and see us through whatever we are facing. Gratitude for what we have and a willingness to move with the energy that is calling is required.

This particular Full Moon will not be boring and will have an unpredictable vibe along with it. The places we have been feeling stuck in our lives may suddenly begin to move or shift. If emotions are clogged, they may surface and flow, let them, don't hold anything in, let your emotions out. Be aware of dualistic thoughts, emotions and behaviors, this may be generating a lot of mental stress and tension plus sending out mixed signals to others and the Universe. Try to stay grounded and find a balance. Finances are illuminated on this Full Moon, to watch what we are spending and to improve or bring in any extra income.

Tonight's Full Moon brings change, we are coming to the end of the year, with Yule and the New Year fast approaching we must become empowered to make the changes necessary to shift our situation. It is up to us and the time is now. We must let go and surrender to the deeper current that is transforming us. You are the master of your destiny. Take your power back from society and other people. Learn from your past mistakes. Vow to do better next year. Make a commitment to your success. Be adaptable. Make friends with change. It is not the enemy. Change is your friend. Change sheds the old and gives birth to the new.

This Full Moon is about communication, higher learning and our sense of creativity and adventure. Something has been building inside of us and now is the time when the energy of the cosmos demands that we let it out. We are magnets to our desire right now, we have the power to attract what we want toward us. Taurus is the sign of creativity and learning, this will give us a boost in mind power, we will be able to see things more clearly, we will see our own truths and a fog will be lifted that can show us a path that can lead us into improving ourselves both spiritually and mentally.

This Full Moon look into yourself and ask yourself what you need to move forward, ask yourself how you are going to achieve this and ask yourself if you feel that you are strong enough to do this. If you feel that you are not strong enough, use the energy of this Full Moon to heal and gain strength. Ask the Goddess for guidance and to lead the way to a more positive and happier life. Tonight is a good time to determine just what you value and want to stand for, what you want to create in your life and carry forth into the next cycle of your evolution.

Have a blessed Full Moon. May the Goddess watch over you

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Sat Nov 04, 2017 8:29 pm

Seen it - I love the moon but tonight its is beautiful can't stop watching it .

Back to top Go down

Post by eddie Sat Nov 04, 2017 8:51 pm

Vicar of Dibley (vod) wrote:Seen it - I love the moon but tonight its is beautiful can't stop watching it .

I'm more than a little obsessed with the moon.
eddie
eddie

Back to top Go down

Post by Raggamuffin Sat Nov 04, 2017 9:58 pm

The moon looks fairly normal to me, except that I've realised that I have double vision in my left eye when I look at it. Eeeeeek!
Raggamuffin
Raggamuffin
Forum Detective ????‍♀️

Back to top Go down

Post by Syl Sun Nov 05, 2017 12:27 am

I cant see the moon tonight. Too many fireworks and bonfires have made the sky cloudy.
Syl
Syl
Forum Detective ????‍♀️

Back to top Go down

Post by nicko Sun Nov 05, 2017 6:43 am

Looked at it at 11.30 last night, no difference that I could see !
nicko
nicko
Forum Detective ????‍♀️

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down