NewsFix
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Dont forget the clocks go forewards tonight.

+2
nicko
Syl
6 posters

Go down

Dont forget the clocks go forewards tonight. Empty Dont forget the clocks go forewards tonight.

Post by Syl Sat Mar 26, 2016 7:20 pm

Well 2am to be precise.
It's always a sign that spring is on the way.
Not sure messing about with the time is twice a year is a necessity though.
Syl
Syl
Forum Detective ????‍♀️

Back to top Go down

Dont forget the clocks go forewards tonight. Empty Re: Dont forget the clocks go forewards tonight.

Post by nicko Sat Mar 26, 2016 7:34 pm

They wont change it because the Scots say it will be too dark in the mornings !
nicko
nicko
Forum Detective ????‍♀️

Back to top Go down

Dont forget the clocks go forewards tonight. Empty Re: Dont forget the clocks go forewards tonight.

Post by Ben Reilly Sat Mar 26, 2016 7:39 pm

We sprang forward two weeks ago in the States. I love it, tired of it getting dark so damned early.
Ben Reilly
Ben Reilly
King of Texas. Gigantic Killer Robot. Robin Hood of Epping Forest. Fifty Shades of Cray.

http://www.newsfixboard.com

Back to top Go down

Post by Original Quill Sat Mar 26, 2016 10:18 pm

Already done it...tho, I'm still finding watches that are behind. Lol

Original Quill
Forum Detective ????‍♀️

Back to top Go down

Post by Syl Sun Mar 27, 2016 12:44 pm

Ben_Reilly wrote:We sprang forward two weeks ago in the States. I love it, tired of it getting dark so damned early.

I didn't even know you altered your clocks Ben....I thought it was an outdated British tradition.
Syl
Syl
Forum Detective ????‍♀️

Back to top Go down

Post by Syl Sun Mar 27, 2016 12:47 pm

Original Quill wrote:Already done it...tho, I'm still finding watches that are behind.  Lol

Watches are usually the last to be changed....and cookers, mine is complicated and I always have to get the manual out to remember how to do it. Dont forget the clocks go forewards tonight. 2190311264
Why cant everything change automatically like the TV's, phones  and  laptops.
Syl
Syl
Forum Detective ????‍♀️

Back to top Go down

Post by Syl Sun Mar 27, 2016 12:51 pm

Anyway I'm knackered...that hour less sleep makes all the difference. Was reading till 3am, then realised it was actually 4am. House started getting noisy about 8am.....so that was that. Mad
Syl
Syl
Forum Detective ????‍♀️

Back to top Go down

Post by Original Quill Sun Mar 27, 2016 2:34 pm

Syl wrote:Anyway I'm knackered...that hour less sleep makes all the difference. Was reading till 3am, then realised it was actually 4am. House started getting noisy about 8am.....so that was that. Mad

Yes, the springtime change is the worst.

Original Quill
Forum Detective ????‍♀️

Back to top Go down

Post by Original Quill Sun Mar 27, 2016 2:37 pm

Syl wrote:
Ben_Reilly wrote:We sprang forward two weeks ago in the States. I love it, tired of it getting dark so damned early.

I didn't even know you altered your clocks Ben....I thought it was an outdated British tradition.

Actually, some say it was invented by Ben Franklin:

History of DST wrote:American inventor and politician Benjamin Franklin wrote an essay called “An Economical Project for Diminishing the Cost of Light” to the editor of The Journal of Paris in 1784. In the essay, he suggested, although jokingly, that Parisians could economize candle usage by getting people out of bed earlier in the morning, making use of the natural morning light instead.

Original Quill
Forum Detective ????‍♀️

Back to top Go down

Post by Raggamuffin Sun Mar 27, 2016 2:40 pm

Original Quill wrote:
Syl wrote:Anyway I'm knackered...that hour less sleep makes all the difference. Was reading till 3am, then realised it was actually 4am. House started getting noisy about 8am.....so that was that. Mad

I like the Spring change because it means it's lighter in the evenings. I wish they'd keep BST actually - I hate it when the clocks go back.
Raggamuffin
Raggamuffin
Forum Detective ????‍♀️

Back to top Go down

Post by Original Quill Sun Mar 27, 2016 2:44 pm

Raggamuffin wrote:
Original Quill wrote:

I like the Spring change because it means it's lighter in the evenings. I wish they'd keep BST actually - I hate it when the clocks go back.

Arizona is one state that has special dispensation from Congress to stay the same all year round. It was easier, when I lived there, except when it came to calculating whether grandma would be home in California, just yet, to take her birthday calls.

Original Quill
Forum Detective ????‍♀️

Back to top Go down

Post by Raggamuffin Sun Mar 27, 2016 2:47 pm

Original Quill wrote:
Raggamuffin wrote:

Arizona is one state that has special dispensation from Congress to stay the same all year round.  It was easier, when I lived there, except when it came to calculating whether grandma would be home in California, just yet, to take her birthday calls.

Yes, it can be a bit confusing. In New Zealand the clocks go the opposite way, so when I was there I had to work out what time it was in the UK if I needed to ring someone because I could be two hours out.
Raggamuffin
Raggamuffin
Forum Detective ????‍♀️

Back to top Go down

Post by Syl Sun Mar 27, 2016 6:03 pm

One nice thing....it's 6pm and the sunshine is still bright.
Today we have had sun, rain, winds, sleet and a bit of snow, temp has ranged from 3 to 9c ......just your average Easter bank holiday.
Syl
Syl
Forum Detective ????‍♀️

Back to top Go down

The author of this message was banned from the forum - See the message

Post by Syl Sun Mar 27, 2016 7:38 pm

I'm looking out at the most glorious sunset right now.
Not bad for gone 7.30....it does make Spring seem that bit closer.
Syl
Syl
Forum Detective ????‍♀️

Back to top Go down

Post by Raggamuffin Mon Mar 28, 2016 10:24 am

The weather doesn't seem to be matching the arrival of spring. No
Raggamuffin
Raggamuffin
Forum Detective ????‍♀️

Back to top Go down

The author of this message was banned from the forum - See the message

Post by Raggamuffin Mon Mar 28, 2016 11:23 am

Stormee wrote:7am today here the wind was quite violent, now it is calm and cold.

Bluetitz are going mad at my nutz.

It's calmed down a bit here now, but there was some damage to properties earlier because of the wind.
Raggamuffin
Raggamuffin
Forum Detective ????‍♀️

Back to top Go down

Post by Syl Mon Mar 28, 2016 12:41 pm

Some of the roads around here are now closed due to........snow. Rolling Eyes
Syl
Syl
Forum Detective ????‍♀️

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down